Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/barchbv/BJNR185700993.html
Regulation on the use of archives in the German Federal Archives (Bundesarchiv use regulation BArchBV) BArchBV Ausfertigung date: 29.10.1993 full quotation: "Federal Archives use regulation of 29 October 1993 (BGBl. I S. 1857)" footnote (+++ text detection from: 11.11.1993 +++) input formula on the basis of § 6 sentence 1 No. 1 of the Federal archive law of January 6, 1988 (BGBl. I S. 62) ordered the Ministry of the Interior: § 1 right to use archival documents in the German Federal Archives anyone on request available according to the regulations of the Federal Archives Act and this regulation to the use.
§ 2 use (1) archival material is presented for use in the original or copy, submitted a copy, or information on its contents be provided. The Federal Archives decides on the mode of use.
(2) archival material will be presented in the original only in the German Federal Archives. The President shall decide on exceptions.
§ 3 use requirements (1) is the application of use of to provide in writing specifying the exact topic and purpose of the investigation.
(2) the Federal Archives decides on the application for use. It may grant the approval with conditions.
(3) the applicant has to commit itself in writing at the request of the Federal Archives, to observe third-party archive personal and intellectual property rights as well as protection concerns in the exploitation of knowledge from and to indemnify the Federal Archives from liability for infringements.
(4) the participation of unskilled workers when using is particularly to apply for. The names of the assistants are in the use of application to specify; Paragraph 3 shall apply mutatis mutandis.
(5) to lessons learned use of the archival material for others as topics referred to in the application for use or purposes, a new application is required.
§ 4 duty of care of the user of the user is obligated to keep the archive material at the user premises, to preserve the inner order of the archive material, not to damage it, to change or compromising in its state of preservation.
Exclusion of the use of a user violates section 5 grossly provisions of the Federal Archives Act or against the regulations adopted pursuant to § 6 of the Federal Archives Act, he will be excluded from uses in the German Federal Archives.
§ 6 use by agencies of the Federal Government one in § 2 para 1 sentence 1 of the German Federal Archives Act or in section 1, paragraph 2 and article 2 of the law on the central archiving of documents of war episode law of 6 January 1988 (BGBl. I p. 65) designated bodies can fall back at any time on the archival documents in your or their predecessors for the purposes , these documents before submitting to the Federal Archives were allowed to be used for. §§ 1 to 5 of this Regulation shall not apply to the extent.
Article 7 entry into force this regulation enters into force on the day after the announcement.
Search Translated Laws of Germany