Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/amtsscherl/BJNR009270951.html
Decree on the official signs of the federal authorities AmtsschErl Ausfertigung date: 25.09.1951 full quotation: "Decree on the official signs of federal authorities in the adjusted version published in the Federal Law Gazette Part III, outline number 1130-4," footnote (+++ text detection from validity: 1 1.1964 +++) input formula the Federal Government I will post the following: 1. (1) the official shield of the federal authorities is a red geraendertes, golden rectangle, in which resides the black Federal Eagle, the head right , the wings open, but with closed feathers, beak, tongue and catches of red colour.
(2) under the Federal Eagle, the service label with black writing is attached (usually with no indication of the place). In the caption, the article is to be omitted.
2. (1) several departments authorized to the management of the official shield of the federal authorities is located in a building, they can use a common shield with the Federal Eagle.
(2) the service names cited in this case on special, hanging with each other Anhängeschildern.
3. (1) for official signs in three sizes are approved. The dimensions are in centimetres: size I II III a) width 42 29.7 21 b) height 1 the General Office plate (item 1) 59.4 42 29.7 2. of the joint office shield of multiple services (section 2) 42.4 30 21.2 3 the tags to point 2 in one-line caption 17 12 8.5 with two label 24 17 12 (2) which of the approved sizes of the official shield is selected , shall be determined by the size and design of the building and the surface on which the official Shield will be secured.
4. for the design of the official signs and their label, the attached pattern is decisive.
5. (1) all federal agencies and the Federal Institute for employment and unemployment insurance are entitled to the leadership of the official label referred to in paragraph 1.
(2) the remaining legal federal authorities, establishments and foundations under public law are not among the federal authorities for the purposes of paragraph 1 (3) permission to the leadership of the official shield decides in cases of doubt the Federal Minister of the Interior in consultation with the competent Ministers.
6 the Foreign Ministry issue the provisions of the official signs of the German diplomatic missions abroad.
Concluding formula of the Federal Minister of the Interior
Search Translated Laws of Germany