Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/luftbodv_4/BJNR507700997.html
Fourth implementing regulation to the operation order for aviation equipment (equipment and operation of hot-air balloons and hot air airships) (4. DV LuftBO) 4 DV LuftBO Ausfertigung date: 15.04.1997 full quotation: "fourth implementing regulation to the operation order for aviation equipment (equipment and operation of hot-air balloons and hot air airships) of 15 April 1997 (BAnz. (1997 Nr. 77 S. 5333), by article 1 of the regulation of 16th July 2004 (BAnz. 2004 No. 149, 17873) has been modified "status: amended by art. 1 V v. 16.7.2004 BAnz. No. 149, 17873 for details on the stand number you see in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from: 25.4.1997 +++) existing: IdF d. Article 1 No. 1 V v. 16.7.2004 BAnz. No. 149, 17873 mWv 12.8.2004 input formula on the basis of § 32 para 1 sentence 1 No. 1 and 3 of the air traffic act as amended by the notice of January 14, 1981 (BGBl. I S. 61), most recently by article 4 No. 6 of the Act of 17 December 1993 (BGBl. I S. 2123) is has been modified in connection with paragraph 56 of the operational rules for aviation equipment by March 4, 1970 (BGBl. I p. 262) prescribed the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt : Table of contents 1 section - General provisions article 1 scope § 1a definitions 2 section - general operating instructions section 2 causing simulated risk conditions § 3 gas reserve § 4 supplement equipment § 5 baskets and airship gondolas § 6 oxygen equipment § 6a weighing 3. section - operating carrier § 7 intended use section 8 operating restrictions article 9 (dropped out) § 10 baskets § 11 (dropped out) § 12 equipment at the launch site of § 13 manuals § 14 composition of the crew section 15 requirements to § 16 crew members instruction of passengers 4. section - fine - and final provisions article 17 offences section 18 entry into force 1 section general rules section 1 scope this regulation applies to the equipment and the operation of hot air balloons is approved according to the rules of air traffic licensing regulations to the transport and hot air airships.
Article 1a definitions (1) hot air balloons and hot air airships are hereinafter referred to as balloons and known as airships.
(2) supplies are all required by manual means such as firewood, fuel, as well as any other necessary resources.
(3) as close to the start and landing a horizontal distance of 500 metres is considered.
2 General operating instructions section 2 section causing simulated risk conditions (§ 3 LuftBO) simulated risk States, i.e. each deliberate deviation from the normal operation of a balloon or airship, may be brought only, if there are no passengers on board other than the required crew members or employees.
§ 3 fuel reserve (§ 3 LuftBO) balloons and dirigibles must a sufficient amount of fuel carried, that is designed so that a safe conduct of driving is guaranteed, taking into account wind speed, wind direction, and terrain in the direction. In addition, a fuel reserve for a travel time of at least 30 minutes is to be carried.
(2) for airships, a fuel reserve for a travel time of at least 15 minutes is sufficient, if the ride close to the start and landing is performed.
§ 4 supplementary equipment (§ 19 LuftBO) the occupational supplement equipment must at least consist from: 1 1 FM-transmitter / receiver with a frequency range of 117.975 to 137,000 MHz 2. 1 altimeter 3. 1 variometer 4 1 portable fire-extinguishers according DIN EN 3 with a quantity of extinguishing agent of at least 2 kg or air vehicles with approved fire extinguishers at least comparable extinguishing effect 4a.
Fire blanket according to DIN 14155 of 5. 1 compass 6 1 hull thermometer 7 1 pressure gauge for each supply line 8 1 first aid kit according to DIN 13164 or DIN 13157 9 1 knife 10 1 alternative source of ignition 11 1 fire-retardant gloves.
For baskets for 11 to 19 inmates and airship gondolas for 5 to 9 occupants 13157 and - another is a more first aid kit according to DIN 13164 or DIN fire-retardant gloves to carry.
§ 5 baskets and airship gondolas (§ 19 LuftBO) (1) when balloons for more than 6 occupants the basket with partitions must be fitted to that for 6 persons or less divide them into individual compartments. The partition wall must be designed so that they can absorb the forces caused by the inmates with the thrust of the country. The approval authority may allow exceptions for baskets, which are approved before the entry into force of this Regulation as part of a balloon for the traffic.
(2) the ratio of the width of basket to basket length is greater than 1: 1.3 or the basket for more than 6 occupants is approved, a facility must exist, which aligns the balloon for a landing on the side with the largest dimension.
(3) the occupant of airship gondolas must individually and be backed up per seat with four-point seat.
§ 6 oxygen equipment (§ 21 para 2 LuftBO) in addition to the pursuant to § 21 para 2 of the operating rules for aviation equipment required oxygen plant and the breathing apparatus for the passengers a breathing mask must exist for the pilot, which ensures the implementation of two-way traffic and communication with the inmates.
Section 6a of the weighing (§ 10 LuftBO) the weighing of a balloon or airship is making 1 in conjunction with the first review for the purpose of approval of of transport 2. in cases in which the manufacturer prescribes a weighing.
If the size has been changed and the data mathematically can be determined with sufficient accuracy, a weighing can be omitted.
1. after an initial or partial overhaul, 2. a major change or major repair.
3. operating in air carrier § 7 section purpose (§ 23 LuftBO) balloons and airships, used for the commercial transportation of persons, must be approved in the category of "Carriage 3".
§ 8 restrictions (§ 3 LuftBO) (1) balloons and airships may only under Visual meteorological conditions and are used with the exception of the first 60 minutes after starting only on the day. The landing has to be made on the day. In addition to the provisions of paragraph 3, the amount of fuel is to be such that sufficient fuel reserve for a travel time of at least 30 minutes after sunrise.
(2) air carriers may be used by way of derogation from paragraph 1 under Visual meteorological conditions at night, if they are approved for the night flight.
§ 9 (dropped out) § 10 balloon baskets and airship gondolas (§ 19 LuftBO) (1) the balloon basket interior height must be at least 1.10 m at the lowest point.
(2) in the case of balloon baskets for 11 to 19 inmates, the classification of the compartments is to provide that crew members are centrally housed. For balloon baskets, which for the first time are approved before the entry into force of this Regulation as part of a balloon to transport, the approval authority may allow exceptions.
(3) the provisions of § 5 shall remain unaffected.
(4) airship gondolas a second safety device is to protect of the occupants against accidental falling out in addition to the seat be provided.
(5) controls of the control of the ship as well as the entire burner, engine and fuel supply system must be such that they are protected from uncontrolled activity by the passengers.
§ 11 (dropped out) § 12 equipment at the launch site (to section 24 LuftBO) at the launch site, a wind gauge and a thermometer must be present. For every start, the current values for wind and temperature are taken into account.
§ 13 manuals (to sections 24, 27, 37 LuftBO) (1) the necessary extracts from the manual of the manufacturer and the required clear list must be carried on board the balloon or airship.
(2) an edition of the flight operations manual and the technical manual must be included in the chase vehicle.
(3) the requirements for ground personnel required for the commercial operation of the airship and the corresponding operational regulations must be contained in the documents referred to in paragraph 2.
§ 14 composition of the crew (to section 41 LuftBO) (1) balloons with baskets for 11 to 19 inmates are to operate, if this is necessary for the support of the pilot, in particular for the supervision of passengers, with an additional crew member.
(2) the additional crew member referred to in paragraph 1 must 1 for its tasks be suitable, 2 5 upgrades with subsequent rides with balloons with baskets from 7 inmates practically took part and every 24 months attending a course in first aid and instruction in the practical use of the Handfeuerlöschers track 3.
Article 15 requirements for crew members (for section 42 LuftBO) (1) the contractor may a pilot just use, if this has carried out the check rides according to § 42 para 3 LuftBO on the largest balloon or on the largest airship, where it is used in the company. The supervisory authority transmits the acceptance of inspection trips to an expert designated by her, this must have demonstrated sufficient experience on the pattern.
(2) the contractor may only use a pilot in command, if this has given proof of participation in a course in first aid and instruction in the practical use of Handfeuerlöschers every 24 months.
§ 16 instruction of passengers (to § 52 LuftBO) the pilot in command must ensure that passengers with the accommodation and the use will be made of safety - and rescue equipment familiar.
4 any person within the meaning of § 58 para 1 No. 10 of the Aviation Act is section relocked and final provisions article 17 offences, who intentionally or negligently not a 1 as a pilot in command violates article 3 carries sufficient fuel reserves;
2. as a pilot in command performs rides with balloons or airships and which is not carrying prescribed equipment in the §§ 4, 6 or 12;
3. as a pilot in command, holder or Manager contrary to § 8 performs rides, where earlier than 90 minutes before sunrise starts;
4. as holder or manager a balloon or an airship without which for flight operations in §§ 4, 6 or 12 required equipment operates.
5. as a responsible pilot contrary to section 16 does not ensure that passengers with the accommodation and the use will be made of safety - and rescue equipment familiar.
Article 18 entry into force this regulation enters into force on the day after the announcement.
Search Translated Laws of Germany