Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/gsgv_14/BJNR380600002.html
Fourteenth regulation to the product safety law (pressure device directive - 14 ProdSV) 14 ProdSV Ausfertigung date: 27.09.2002 full quotation: "pressure device directive of 27 September 2002 (BGBl. I S. 3777, 3806), most recently by article 24 of the Act of November 8, 2011 (BGBl. I S. 2178) has been modified" V go up. by article 24, paragraph 2, sentence 2 V 8053-4-17-1 v. 13.5.2015 I 692 mWv 19.7.2016 replaced by V 8053-4-17-1 v. 13.5.2015 I 692 (GSGV 14 2016) stand: last amended by art. 24 G v. 8.11.2011 I 2178 for more information on the stand number you see in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from: 3.10.2002 +++) heading: IdF d. art. 24 No. 1 G v. 8.11.2011 I 2178 mWv 1.12.2011 3777 of the Federal Government after consultation with the V I was article 3 of the V v. 27.9.2002 the Committee on technical equipment and the districts, from the Federal Ministry of Economics and technology in agreement with the Federal Ministry of labour and Social Affairs, by the Federal Ministry of consumer protection, food and agriculture in agreement with the Federal Ministry of Economics and technology, involved adopted with the consent of the Federal Council. It is according to article 8 paragraph 1 of this V on the 3.10.2002 entered into force.
§ 1 scope of application (1) this Regulation applies to the making available on the market of new pressure equipment and assemblies with a maximum allowable pressure of over 0.5 bar.
(2) this regulation does not apply to 1 pipeline from a tube or a pipe system for the transmission of fluids or substances to or from a (offshore or onshore) system from including the last shut-off device in the area, including all ancillary equipment that are specially designed for these cables. This exclusion extends not on standard pressure equipment, as for example, pressure equipment, who can find themselves in pressure regulating stations and compressor stations, 2. networks for the supply, distribution, and the drain of water and their equipment, as well as drive water way in hydroelectric power plants as pressure tubes, inset and bays and the relevant equipment, 3. conforms to Directive 87/404/EEC of 25 June 1987 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States for simple pressure vessels (OJ EC No. L 220, p. 48), 4 conforms to Directive 75/324/EEC of 20 May 1975 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to aerosol dispensers (OJ EC No. L 147 S. 40), 5 devices that are intended for the operation of vehicles, which are determined by the following directives and their annexes:-Council Directive 70/156/EEC of 6 February 1970 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the type-approval of motor vehicles and their trailers (OJ EC No. L 42, p. 1), Directive 74/150/EEC of 4 March 1974 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the type-approval of agricultural or forestry tractors (OJ train EC No. L 84, p. 10), - Directive 92/61/EEC of 30 June 1992 on the type-approval of two or three-wheel motor vehicles (OJ EC No. L 225 p. 72), 6 devices, which would fall under article 9 of this directive not more than under the category I and captured by one of the following directives:-Directive 98/37/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 June 1998 on the approximation of the laws, regulations and administrative provisions of the Member States for machines (OJ EC No. L 207, p. 1), - Directive 95/16/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 June 1995 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to lifts (OJ EC No. L 213, p. 1), Directive 73/23/EEC of 19 February 1973 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits (OJ EC No. L 77, p. 29), - Directive 93/42/EEC of 14 June 1993 concerning medical devices (OJ EC No. L 169, p. 1), Directive 90/396/EEC of 29 June 1990 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States for appliances burning gaseous fuels (OJ EC No. L 196 p. 15), - Directive 94/9/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 March 1994 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States concerning equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres (OJ EC No. L 100 p.1), 7 planned exclusively for military purposes or to maintain public safety or public order, designed and built devices within the meaning of paragraph 1, 8 devices, designed specifically for use in nuclear power plants and where failure can lead to a release of radioactivity, 9 hole monitors, for the industrial exploration and extraction of oil , Natural gas and geothermal energy as well as be used for underground storage and are intended to keep the borehole pressure or to govern. These include the wellhead (eruption cross), the blowout preventer (BOP), the cables and distribution systems as well as the respectively before the appliances, 10 units with enclosures and parts of machines, where dimensions, the choice of materials and the building regulations in the first place based on requirements for sufficient strength, stiffness and stability compared to static and dynamic operating loads or other function-related criteria and where the pressure is not essential for the construction. These devices can include:-engines including turbines and engines with internal combustion and - steam engines, gas or steam turbines, Turbogenerators, compressors, pumps and site facilities, 11 blast furnaces with furnace cooling, dust extractors and blast furnace gas cleaning systems, recuperation wind heaters, direct shaft furnace reduction furnace cooling, gas converters and pans for melting, degassing, remelting and casting of steel and non-ferrous metals, 12 enclosure for electrical equipment such as switchgear, control and control devices, transformers and rotating machines , 13 under pressurized enclosure for the shelter components of transmission systems such as electric and telephone cable, 14 ships, missiles, aircraft or mobile offshore units, as well as devices that are specially designed for the installation in this or intended for their drive, 15 printers, consisting of a flexible envelope insist, for example pneumatic tyres, air cushions, game balls, inflatable boats and other similar pressure equipment, 16 exhaust and silencer , 17 bottles and cans for carbonated drinks for final consumption, 18 container for the transport and distribution of drinks, which at a maximum pressure of not more than seven bar the product of the maximum allowable pressure and the relevant volume not more than 500 bar. Litre is, 19 of the ADR, RID, IMDG and ICAO agreements covered the liquid of not more than 0,5 bar equipment, 20 radiators and pipes in warm water heating systems and 21 container for liquids with a gas pressure.
Article 2 definitions for the purposes of this regulation the following definitions shall apply: 1. pressure equipment: containers, pipes, equipment parts with a safety function and persistent pressure equipment parts. Printers include all elements attached, if necessary, to pressure-carrying parts, such as for example flanges, flanges, couplings, carrying elements or lifting lugs.
(a) container: a closed component, which is designed and constructed for mounting of pressurized fluids, including parts directly attached to the device for the connection to other devices. A container can have several print rooms.
(b) pipelines: cable components connected together for integration into a pressure system specific for conveying fluids. Pipelines include in particular pipes or pipe systems, tubular parts, equipment, extension pieces, hoses or any other pressure continued parts. Heat exchanger tubes for cooling or heating air pipes are assimilated.
c) equipment parts with a safety function: Facilities, intended for the protection of the pressure device when exceeding the permissible limits. These facilities include - devices for direct pressure limitation such as safety valves, bursting discs hedges, buckling rods, controlled safety devices - limiting devices, which either cause correction devices or switching off or switching off and locks cause such as pressure, temperature or fluid level switches and measuring - and control guards.
d) pressure stop end equipment: Equipment with an operations role, which exhibit a pressurised housing.
(e) components: multiple print devices, which are connected by a manufacturer to a related functional unit.
2. pressure: the pressure related to the atmospheric pressure, i.e. an excess pressure; Therefore, a pressure in the vacuum area is expressed by a negative value.
3. maximum permissible pressure (PS): the maximum pressure specified by the manufacturer, the printing device is designed for the. He is set for a position specified by the manufacturer. This is suitable to the junction of the equipment parts with safety function or to the highest point of the pressure device or, if not, to another specified location.
4. permissible minimum or maximum temperature (TS): the minimum or maximum temperature specified by the manufacturer, the device is designed for that.
Volume (V): the internal volume of a pressure space including the volume of the nozzles to the first connection, but less volume of permanently installed internal parts.
6 nominal diameter (DN): a numerical size designation which is used for all components of a pipe system, for which not the outer diameter or the thread size be specified. It's a round number that serves as a nominal size, and with the bulk of production in relationship is only approximate. The size is expressed by DN, followed by a number.
7 fluids: gases, liquids and vapours as pure phase as well as mixtures thereof. Fluids can contain a suspension of solids.
8 permanent connections: connections that can be separated only by destructive methods.
9. European approval for materials: a technical document which lays the characteristics of materials intended for repeated use for the manufacture of pressure equipment and are not regulated in a harmonised standard.
Article 3 security requirements (1) pressure equipment referred to in article 3 1 of Directive 97/23/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 May 1997 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States concerning pressure equipment (OJ EC No. L 181 S. 1) and assemblies referred to in article 3 paragraph 2 of Directive may provided only on the market, if they comply with the essential safety requirements of annex I of the directive.
(2) pressure equipment and assemblies referred to in article 3 paragraph 3 of Directive 97/23/EC may be provided only on the market if they are designed and manufactured in accordance with good engineering practice in a Member State of the European communities or in a Contracting State of the agreement on the European economic area force.
(3) pressure equipment and assemblies may be provided only on the market if they reasonable installation and maintenance, and intended do not compromise the safety and health of persons and, where appropriate, domestic animals or property.
§ 4 prerequisites for deployment on the market (1) pressure equipment and assemblies may be provided only on the market, if 1 the technical requirements referred to in article 3 paragraph 1 or 2 of Directive 97/23/EC meet, with the marking in accordance with Annex I no. 3.3 of the directive 97/23/EC, and are provided with the CE marking according to § 5 para 1 and 3, as well as a declaration of conformity in accordance with annex VII to Directive 97/23/EC , confirmed by which the manufacturer or his authorised representative established in the community or in another Contracting State to the agreement on the European economic area, that a) pressure equipment and assemblies comply with the basic safety requirements of § 3 para 1, b) article 10 conformity assessment procedure required by paragraphs 1 and 2 and annex II of the directive 97/23/EC according to annex III of the directive 97/23/EC observed are in , c) he has fulfilled his obligations to the notified body appointed by him) and (d) he is committed, according to the applied conformity assessment procedure according to annex III of the directive to keep the referred documents over a period of ten years after the last printing unit to 97/23/EC, and 2. the pressure equipment and assemblies a documentation attached no. 3.3, as well as a manual referred to in annex I after no. 3.4 of the directive 97/23/EC in German language.
(2) by way of derogation from paragraph 1 in article 3 may (3) the directive 97/23/EC pressure equipment referred to and assemblies on the market will be provided, if 1 they comply with the requirements referred to in article 3 (3) of the directive, 2. adequate instructions for use in the German language are attached to them, and they carry 3. labelling, which the manufacturer or be identified in the community of authorised representative can be.
(3) pressure equipment and assemblies which comply was determined from an operator body according to § 7 may provided by way of derogation No. 1 of paragraph 1 only on the market, if they are not provided according to § 5 para 1 and 3 with a CE conformity marking and the manufacturer has fulfilled his obligations towards the operator body.
(4) by way of derogation from paragraphs 1 and 3, the competent authorities for trial may allow the provision of individual pressure equipment and assemblies on the market on which you no. 1 letter of b procedure referred have not been applied in paragraph 1.
(5) the records and correspondence relating to paragraph 1 No. 1 letter of b conformity assessment procedure referred are in an official language of the Member State of the European communities, in which carried out the procedure, or language accepted in one of the notified body to it.
(6) pressure equipment or Assembly is subject to other legislation which require the CE marking, is confirmed by the CE mark also, that this pressure equipment or assemblies also comply with the provisions of this other relevant legislation. Are free however in accordance with one or more of these rules during a transitional period the choice of the applicable rule the manufacturer of pressure equipment or assemblies, so the CE marking confirms in this case only, that the pressure equipment or assemblies correspond to the legislation applied by the manufacturer pursuant to sentence 1. In these cases all numbers of Community directives underlying legislation applied by him must be in the documents to be annexed to pressure equipment or assemblies, remarks or instructions listed as published in the official journal of the European communities.
§ 5 (1) CE marking after § 4 ABS. 1 Nr. 1 required CE marking must be visible, clearly legible and indelible on - pressure equipment within the meaning of article 3 (1) and - assemblies within the meaning of article 3 paragraph 2 of Directive 97/23/EC be attached. This is not possible, the CE marking can be made 1 on a label to set, which is firmly connected to the pressure equipment or Assembly.
(2) individual pressure equipment must not be equipped with a CE mark, when they are joined together to a group within the meaning of article 3 para 2 of Directive 97/23/EC.
(3) the CE marking consists of the initials 'CE' in annex VI of to Directive 97/23/EC. Behind the CE marking is the identification number of the notified body, provided this paragraph 1 is switched on no. 1.3 within the framework of the procedures referred to in article 10 in production monitoring.
(4) it may no markings shall be affixed on pressure equipment or assemblies, can be misled by the third parties as to the meaning and the lettering of the CE marking. Any other marking may be affixed to the pressure equipment and assemblies if she not impair visibility and legibility of the CE marking.
(5) on pressure equipment and assemblies – which meet the requirements referred to in article 3 paragraph 3 of Directive 97/23/EC or - their compliance by an operator testing notified pursuant to § 7 para 1 has been reviewed, the CE marking must be affixed not.
(6) the market surveillance authorities assume that pressure equipment and assemblies which are equipped with the CE marking and the EC declaration of conformity referred to in annex VII to Directive 97/23/EC, comply with the requirements of this regulation.
§ 6 European material approval (1) of materials, for which a European approval of material referred to in paragraph 2 is applied no. 9, is to apply the procedure referred to in article 11 of Directive 97/23/EC.
(2) the notified body which issued the European approval for pressure equipment materials, withdraw this approval if it finds that not had may be approved, or if the type of material covered by a harmonised standard. You promptly informed the other Member States, the notified bodies and the Commission of any withdrawal of an authorisation.
§ 7 operators test centres (1) as operator testing laboratories can test centres are named by companies or groups of companies, if 1 they are organizationally distinguished, they have 2 within the company or the Group of undertakings to which they belong, reporting procedures that ensure their impartiality and demonstrate, 3. they are not responsible for the design, production, delivery, placing, operation or maintenance of pressure equipment and assemblies , 4. they pursue any activities that can come with the independence of their assessment and reliability within the framework of their review work in conflict and 5 applies a common security policy in relation to the technical design, manufacturing, control and conditions of use for pressure equipment and assemblies the group.
(2) the bodies of operator of work exclusively for the group they belong to.
(3) the pressure equipment approved by the operator body and components must be used exclusively in the companies of the group, is a member of the review board.
(4) operators testing laboratories may apply pursuant to annex III to Directive 97/23/EC only the conformity assessment procedures of the modules A1, C1, F and G.
Article 8 any person within the meaning of article 39, paragraph 1, number 7 is 2(a) of the product safety Act offences, who intentionally or negligently provides a printing device or Assembly on the market contrary to article 4, paragraph 1.
Search Translated Laws of Germany