Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/techarbmgv_1/BJNR006290979.html
First regulation to the product safety Act (regulation on the provision of electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits on the market) (1 ProdSV) 1 ProdSV Ausfertigung date: 11.06.1979 full quotation: "first regulation to the product safety Act (regulation on the provision of electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits on the market) of June 11, 1979 (BGBl. I p. 629), most recently by article 15 of the law of 8 November 2011 (BGBl. I S. 2178) is changed" stand : Last amended by article 15 G v. 8.11.2011 I 2178 for more information on the stand number you see in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from: 1.1.1980 +++) heading: IdF d. Article 15 No. 1 G v. 8.11.2011 I 2178 mWv 1.12.2011 (+++ official note of the standard authority on EC law: implementation of EGRL 42/2006 (CELEX Nr: 306 L 0042) cf. V v. 18.6.2008 I 1060 EGRL 95/2006 (CELEX Nr)) : 306 L 0095) cf. V v. 18.6.2008 I 1060 +++) input formula on the basis of § 4 para 1 No. 1 of the law on technical work equipment by June 24, 1968 (Federal Law Gazette I p. 717), is prescribed after consultation of the Committee for technical equipment in consultation with the Federal Minister of Economics and with the consent of the Federal Council: article 1 this regulation lays down the characteristics of electrical equipment designed for use with a nominal voltage between 50 and 1,000 V for alternating current and between 75 and 1,500 V DC , insofar as technical equipment or use of finished commodities or parts of them. It does not apply to 1 electrical equipment for use in potentially explosive atmospheres, 2. electro Radiology and medical resources, 3 electrical parts of passenger and freight elevators, 4. electricity meters, 5 household plugs, 6 devices to the power supply of electric fence, 7 special electrical equipment intended for use on ships, aircraft or railways, and comply with the safety standards of international bodies which the Member States belonging to the European Community.
Also, it does not apply for the interference suppression of electrical equipment.
Section 2 (1) new electrical equipment may be provided only on the market if 1 they are manufactured according to the State of security technology in the European Community, they the safety of people, animals and the preservation of valuables not endanger 2. proper installation and maintenance, as well as intended.
The safety level applicable to electrical equipment is under consideration of the power supply system to determine, for which they are intended.
(2) the electrical equipment shall be designed in particular following security principles according to: the essential characteristics, whose knowledge of and compliance with the proper and safe use depends on the electrical equipment are 1 or, if this is not possible, to indicate a note given in.
2. the manufacturer's sign or trade mark is clearly on the electrical equipment or, if this is not possible to affix on the packaging.
3. the electrical machinery and equipment and their components must be such that they can be safely and properly connected or connected.
4. to protect against hazards that can be generated by electrical equipment, are technical measures, so that when used as intended and proper entertainment a) people and livestock against the danger of physical injury or other harm protected are adequately, caused by direct or indirect contact;
(b) temperatures, arc or radiation caused hazards may arise from those;
c) people, animals and things adequately protected against non-electrical dangers which, experience has shown that arising from electrical equipment;
(d) the insulation is appropriate for the intended loads.
5. to protect against hazards caused by external influences on the electrical equipment, are technical measures, which ensure that the electrical equipment for intended use and proper entertainment a) withstand the intended mechanical loads so far that people, animals or things are not endangered
(b) under the intended conditions so far stand up to non-mechanical influences, that people, animals or things are not endangered
(c) in the case of the foreseen overloads people, animals or things do not compromise.
§ 3 (1) electrical equipment may be provided only on the market, if they referred to in paragraph 2 with the CE marking according to § 7 of the product safety Act are covered, which confirms the manufacturer or his authorised representative established in the community or in another Contracting State to the agreement on the European economic area, that meets the safety requirements referred to in paragraph 2 and the conformity assessment procedures referred to in annex IV of to Directive 2006/95/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 December 2006 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits (OJ EU no. L 374 p. 10) are complied with.
(2) the CE marking must on any electrical equipment or, should this not be possible, on the packaging or instructions for use or the guarantee certificate visible, legible and permanently attached. Their minimum height is 5 mm.
(3) the electrical equipment is subject to other legal provisions that stipulate the CE marking, is confirmed by the CE mark also, that the electrical equipment meets the requirements of these other relevant legislation also. The choice of the applicable rule is free however in accordance with one or more of these rules during a transitional period the manufacturer, the CE marking confirms in this case only, that the electrical equipment complies with the standards applied by the manufacturer pursuant to sentence 1. In these cases, the resources are documents to attach notices or instructions, in which all numbers of Community directives underlying the legislation applied by the manufacturer are listed according to their publication in the official journal of the European Union.
(4) by the manufacturer or in the community or in another Contracting State to the agreement on the European economic area established agent the following documents to the competent authorities must be ready: 1. a declaration of conformity in accordance with annex III (B) of Directive 2006/95/EC and 2. the technical file referred to in annex IV of Directive 2006/95/EC No. 3.
§ 4 number 7 letter a of the product safety act any person is within the meaning of article 39, paragraph 1, not has documents referred to who intentionally or negligently electrical equipment on the market provides 1 contrary to section 3, paragraph 1, sentence 1 or 2 violates article 3 paragraph 4 there.
Concluding formula of the Federal Minister for labour and Social Affairs
Search Translated Laws of Germany