The State Council is the presentation of the Ministry of Labour decided on 28 June 1958 on the occupational safety and health (299/58) in accordance with article 47, as amended by the Act of 29 January 1993 (144/93): the scope of application of article 1 of this decision shall apply to the selection and use of personal protective equipment in occupational safety and health (299/58).
In addition to what is provided for in this decision, is to be followed for the use of personal protective equipment, what is specifically provided for or prescribed.
TyöturvallisuusL 299/1958 is repealed L:lla 738/2002.
section 2 of the definition of personal protective equipment, for the purposes of this decision, all the instruments and equipment used by the employee for personal, which is designed to protect employees from the danger of an accident or illness on the job.
Personal protective equipment is, however, referred to in this decision: 1) to the usual work clothes, which are not specifically designed to protect employees from the danger of an accident or illness;
2) of the road traffic regulations traffic;
3) sports equipment;
4) self defense or deportation; instead of 5) and the risks of interference of the detection equipment, portable.
the acquisition and use of section 3 of the protective equipment If the risk of an accident or illness can not be avoided or sufficiently limited by technical measures or the protection of the organisation of work, working conditions, elimination of, the employer is required to obtain, on the basis of the assessment referred to in article 4, the employee's use of personal protective equipment (PPE). Protective equipment must be appropriate to the fight against work-related hazards and working conditions are suitable for, and their use must not unduly add to the danger.
The employer shall see to it that the only protective equipment will be purchased for use at work, which comply with the requirements relating to them as for them individually.
The employee shall use the personal protective equipment referred to in subparagraph (1).
section 4 of the evaluation and selection of personal protective equipment protective equipment, the employer shall assess the work prior to the selection of the present, in order to avoid or to limit the risks, which is according to the paragraph 3 of the use of personal protective equipment. The assessment includes a determination of the required security features, as well as the person's suojaimilta available in the comparison of the characteristics of the protective equipment required. The assessment must also take account of the dangers or disadvantages, that protective equipment could result.
Assessment of personal protective equipment must be done again, if conditions or other factors affecting the assessment of the changes.
The selection shall take into account the ergonomic requirements of the PPE and the employee's State of health. After the effective date, the necessary adjustments should be is fit. At the same time, the wearing of used must be compatible in such a way that they continue to provide protection against risks.
section 5 of the specification of the use of personal protective equipment, the employer shall ensure that the use of personal protective equipment, in particular the length of the period of use. In this case, the seriousness of the risk must be taken into account, exposure frequency, specific characteristics of the employee working on as well as protectors of security.
The acquisition and use of personal protective equipment guidance is set out in annexes I to III to this decision.
section 6 of the protective equipment to be personal protective equipment (PPE) and the service is intended for personal use, if conditions do not change. If, exceptionally, to use protective equipment provided for their personal use, will have more than one person is required to take the necessary measures, that such use not cause different users to the health or hygiene problems.
The employer has to ensure the correct operation of protective equipment, the condition of the maintenance and repairs. Where appropriate, the protection must be renewed.
The employee will need to carefully manage his access to the person's protection as well as without delay to inform the employer of any defects and shortcomings, perhaps, or to his authorized representative.
section 7 Lesson and instructions on the use of protective equipment, and the person shall provide the employee with adequate instruction and guidance.
Article 8 Cooperation between the employer and the employees, and information is provided separately.
section 9 of the more detailed rules for the application of this decision shall, where appropriate, the Ministry of labor.
In addition to this decision, of the Ministry of the Interior may, however, be provided by the police, the fire and rescue services, as well as in the field of civil protection for the selection and use of personal protective equipment.
date of entry into force of article 10 of This decision shall enter into force on 1 January 1994. Annex XVIII to the EEA Agreement, Council Directive (89/656/EEC) Annex 1: Template table to identify the risks for the use of personal protective equipment.
An INDICATIVE LIST of PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT, the RAPPORTEUR of the HEAD protection – protective helmets for industrial use (mines, building sites on land, other industries) to the top of the head protection (lipalliset or lipattomat caps, hats, hair nets) – Protective Headgear (treated or untreated or the bonnets, caps, sou'westers, etc., etc.).
HEARING PROTECTION-earplugs – hearing protection muffs to muffs helmets, which can be attached to the helmet industry – hearing protection, which is the receiver for a low frequency induction loop – with hearing protection.
EYE and FACE PROTECTION-Sangalliset goggles-Goggles goggles – X rays, laser rays, ultraviolet radiation, as well as for the safety and infrapunasäteilyltä glasses-face protection for use in – arc welding protection and helmets (hand guards, pideltävät welding head headband or used protective helmets, protective equipment).
RESPIRATORY PROTECTION-Dust filters, gas filters and radioactive dust filters – Without the time with insulating protective equipment-respiratory protective devices, which is a removable welding Mask – scuba diving equipment-diving suits.
HAND and ARM PROTECTION-gloves that protect against: – machinery (piercing, cuts, vibrations, etc.) – chemicals – electric and heat – Mittens – Finger guards-Protection sleeves-Wrist protection during heavy work – Sormettomat gloves – protective gloves.
The FEET and LEGS protection – Half boots, ankle boots, calf-length boots, safety boots to Quickly be removed shoes – the toe cap shoes – shoes and overshoes shoes – Heat-resistant shoes, boots and overboots-Thermal shoes, boots and overboots – Vibration isolating shoes, boots and overboots.-anti-static shoes, boots and overboots – Electricity insulating shoes, boots and overboots. – chain saw users safety boots – Clogs – knee pads – Removable instep protectors – Leggings – removable soles (heat insulating or, the sting of perspiration will prevent)-removable spikes for ice, snow or slippery flooring.
SKIN protection – Protective creams and oils.
TRUNK and ABDOMEN PROTECTION-Protective waistcoats, jackets and aprons to protect equipment (viillolta, the main work for the cast metal, spray, etc.)-body armor, jackets and aprons to provide protection – Thermal vests – vest – are protected by safety belts – röntgenesiliinat – Support bra.
WHOLE BODY PROTECTION protective – fall prevention equipment (full equipment with all necessary accessories) – the braking equipment to arrest the kinetic energy (full equipment with all necessary accessories) – the body support equipment.
Protective clothing – Two-or single-piece protective clothing — mechanical risks (piercing, cuts, etc. are protected by clothing) – Chemicals protect the clothes – the casting of metal spray and protective clothing protective clothing – infrapunasäteilyltä of heat – Thermal suits to protect against Radioactive pollution in clothing – Dust-protective clothing – the accelerator, the protective clothing – fluorescent signalling, retro-reflecting clothing and accessories (armbands, gloves, etc.) – protective covers.
An INDICATIVE LIST Of SUCH FUNCTIONS And ACTIVITIES In AREAS Of The RAPPORTEUR, Who MAY BE SUBJECT To The OBTAINING Of PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT 1. HEAD protection (SKULL protection) Protective helmets on construction sites, especially on scaffolding and high process-stations, as well as their work below or close to the cast frame construction and demolition, installation, Assembly and erection of scaffolding and demolition work-work on steel bridges, steel frame construction, on masts, towers, teräksisillä water under construction, steel mills, masuuneilla, valssaamoissa, boiler plants and power plants as well as large containers and large pipelines work – Work in the mines, trenches, shafts and tunnels – the soil and stone processing work in underground quarries the gravel quarries and open diggings, and to compare the work – mutterinruuvinvääntimien – where blasting is in progress – the work of mechanical lifts, lifting equipment, cranes and conveyors – blast furnace, steel mill, rolling mill and metal casting surface and underground mineral-muottiintaonta and tehdastyö – industrial furnaces, containers, equipment and pipelines within the work of the silos – shipbuilding – järjestelytyö – korjuutyö – Tree of slaughterhouses in which Trains – the bolt gun – fire and rescue work.
2. LEG PROTECTION protective footwear with puncture-proof soles-Constitution and frame Buildings on the ground to work as well as road construction-Work on scaffolding – demolition of the construction site of the frame – the concrete and elementtityö, including the mold for the erection and demolition Work on the construction site and in stores-to roof work – fire and rescue work.
Protective footwear, which is not the base of the Pierce-proof soles-work on steel bridges, steel building frame under construction on masts, towers, lifts, steel, masuuneilla, teräksisillä water under construction factories, and valssaamoissa, with cranes, boiler plants and power plants as well as large containers and large pipelines.
– The construction Furnaces, heating and ventilation systems installation work as well as the metal Assembly.
-Repair and maintenance – blast furnace, steel mill, rolling mill, metal works and takomotyö, as well as work for the hot-pressing-and kylmävetolaitoksissa – Work in quarries and open diggings, gravel and to compare the job – working and processing of Rock – the manufacture of flat glass and glass containers, processing and further processing to Fuel the furnaces in the industry – vuoraaminen Mold käsittelykeraamisessa in the ceramic industry – Mold casting ceramic and building materials in the manufacturing industry – transportation and storage – the processing of packages of frozen meat and canned – shipbuilding – korjuutyö – järjestelytyö – Wood trains, Drilling-and rusnaustyö.
Protective footwear, with positions or wedge heels and pistonkestävät soles-roof work.
Protective footwear, with insulating soles-work with very hot or very cold materials and materials on the site.
Easily be removed protective footwear – If there is a risk that the substances can penetrate the shoe.
3. EYE or FACE PROTECTION goggles, face guards – welding, grinding and editing workstations – Patching and gouging – stone processing and Mechanical processing to the nut/particular requirements for screwdrivers – Job lastuavilla machine tools – Muottiintaonta – Fragments of crushing and removal – Shower cleaning – the work, with the use of acids or caustic solutions, disinfectants or rust proofing – the work, which is injected into the liquids – Work, with the use of a substance or substances which is made by sulia – Work with radiant heat to Work, with the use of a laser.
– Korjuutyö – Bolt gun-Blasting and quarrying – fire and rescue work.
4. RESPIRATORY PROTECTION Respiratory protective equipment-Work in containers, in confined spaces, and gas-fired industrial furnaces where there may be gas or insufficient oxygen – contribution to the work of the blast furnace near the work of blast furnaces in the test set up as shown, or gas pipes – near the blast fall taps where the work may be heavy metal fumes./steam-Furnaces and casting the work, which may be the pails of dust-Spray painting, with inadequate ventilation – Work in shafts, sewers and other underground areas related to sanitation.
– The work of cooling installations, where there is a danger that the refrigerant may escape.
– Asbestityö – treatment – the treatment of benzene and Lead-processing of Certain carcinogenic varieties of construction work – – the processing and distribution of pesticides – fire and rescue work.
5. HEARING PROTECTION hearing protection – Metal presses to do the work – work – the work of the staff of the Paineilmaporilla Service at airports – junttaustyö – of a pile of wood and textile working. – korjuutyö – Working on mobile machines as well – the bolt pistol – Stunning – Blasting and quarrying jobs – the rest of the work, where the noise level exceeds 85 dB (A).
6. BODY, ARM and HAND PROTECTION protective clothing-work with acids and caustic solutions, disinfectants and Rust removal.
– Work with hot materials or which are made near them, and of the country in which the employee feels the heat.
– Flat glass processing – Raepuhallustyö – syväjäädytystiloissa – Asbestityö – the processing and distribution of pesticides – the tree of korjuutyö.
Fire-resistant protective clothing – Welding in tight spaces.
The difference between the Bone and Pistonkestävät aprons-cutting using a hand in violent muggings, in which a knife is pulled toward yourself.
Nahkaesiliinat – Welding – Forging-Casting.
Forearm protection – the difference between the Bone and cutting using.
Gloves – Welding – sharp-edged objects, with the exception of the machines, which are working to grab the glove can, treatment – the treatment in the case of open containers of acids and bases.
Metallineuloskintaat – the bone plate and cutting the use of a knife – a regular hand meat processing and slaughter – Intersecting blades.
7. PROTECTIVE CLOTHING – Outside in the rain and in the cold.
8. REFLECTIVE CLOTHING to Work, where employees have to be displayed as well.
9. SAFETY belts and HARNESSES – work – Prefabricated elements installation Kits – the masts – roofing – Riipputelinetyöt – Laivatyö – purchase in the basket of a person working to fire-and-rescue work.
10. The work of the ESCAPE and rescue ROPES to high crane cabin – Work high up in the cabin of the stocks in the stacking and handling equipment – the work of Derrick high parts of the work in shafts and sewers.
11. SKIN protection – Coatings processing – Tanning.