Read the untranslated law here: http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/1977/19770588
In accordance with the decision of the Parliament, provides for: the scope of the law, section 1 of This law applies to Iceland, Norway, Sweden or Denmark, the Court of Justice of a dispute or a criminal case appear on the recognition and enforcement of a judgment, as well as section 7 (2) and (3) and article 8 of the decision referred to in the judgment, settlement, promissory note, Bill of Exchange and cheque.
§ 2 subject to article 7(3) of article or section 8 of this Act does not apply to: 1) a judgment or settlement in respect of a nest of difference, separation, divorce, marriage, adoption or adopted child peruutumista in terms of the dissolution or annulment of a guardianship or order, and the conditions for legal separation, divorce or annulment of marriage, the spouses of the estate peruutumisen of sharing or compensation for the judgment;
2) a judgment or an agreement on child custody or visitation of a child's rendition of the otherwise;
Consequently, the maintenance obligation of the judgment) or a settlement.
4) a judgment or an agreement between the parents and the child, which applies to kinship;
5) the judgment or settlement, that the right of inheritance or succession based on the right of the surviving spouse, the winding-up, or the sharing of the responsibility for the death of the deceased, the deceased, unless the debt or not, in the Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian or Danish citizen and he had a seat in one of these States;
6) a judgment or an agreement on the Declaration of bankruptcy of the debtor, (b) (a))) in the field of bankruptcy, an arrangement with the start of the treatment without any other bankruptcy judge (c)) or the discretion of the Court, or (d)) depend on questions of bankruptcy or bankruptcy, induced by the treatment of the public right of action, composition or other measure by, and the nullity or peruutumista, unless the Court or a settlement agreement apply to Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland or Denmark in the beginning of the bankruptcy, or from the public right of action arising from the processing of nullification or for an arrangement with peruutumista without a bankruptcy or a decision on the public compositions are listed that the debtor does not live or death, not lived in the State where the decision has been given in respect of that person or that it does not have a registered place of business there; or (21.1.1983/349) 7) a judgment or settlement, that the collective agreements in the erikoistuomioistuimen shall immediately be declared admissible.
section 3 of the Judgment, for the purposes of this law, the decision of the Court of Justice, in which the main issue is finally resolved.
Article 4 of the law societies of the judgment shall be deemed to be: 1) the Swedish decision issued by a court, in which someone is prescribed for the maksuvelvolliseksi in the search area of the law;
the court order for payment of Sweden 2) by proof that the garnishment is obtained;
3 the obligation to compensate for the public prosecutor's Office by the) the Norwegian order, which has been approved by the person referred to in that provision;
4) reimbursement of a decision in a civil case, if the fact is kind of like the recognition of paternity in this Act, or the Act on solutions in the Nordic (354/80), and in a criminal case, if the compensation is to be carried out in the private party concerned; (16.5.1980/353) 5) decision, in which someone in a civil case, is obliged to compensate for the free trial or other judicial assistance;
6) to the witness or expert, a mechanism for a decision on the dispute or a criminal case; the witness, the owner of 7) or the repayment of advance to the State party concerned of the decision.
Article 5 of this law for the recognition of final judgment is in force in Finland, unless otherwise provided in section 6 of the to.
the Court referred to In article 6 of the Act is not in force in Finland: 1) if the jurisdiction of the Court of Justice on the issue of liability has been based solely on the fact that the defendant had property in the State in which the judgment was given, unless the fact is not a question of the claim at issue, which applies to that property as security for the payment of, or in which it is set, or the failure to respond to the substance of the argument made by the defendant;
2) if the Court's jurisdiction is based solely on the fact that the defendant is temporarily resident in that State, the notification of the challenge, where the judgment was given, unless the defendant failed to take to respond to the substance of the claim, without providing any;
3) where the judgment was given against the defendant, who did not respond to the complaint before the Court of first instance and the ylemmässäkään, and the call to respond to a claim is not served by any means other than notification, unless it is subject to the right of succession or intestate, the surviving spouse of the right, the winding-up or on the death of the deceased was the divisions and of Iceland, Norway, Finland, Sweden or the Danish citizen and he had a seat in one of these States;
4) If an action concerning the same subject matter has previously been a dispute between the same parties brought in Finland or in another Nordic country other than that in which the judgment was given, and in the past initiated can lead to a judgment that this law is in force in Finland;
5) if the authority, to which the recognition or enforcement of the judgment, in relation to the quality of the opinion of the exclusive competence of the case to the Court, other than that of the State where the judgment was given; or 6) in the event that the recognition or enforcement of the judgment, apparently, is contrary to the public policy of Finland.
Implementation of article 7 of that law is in force in Finland and which is enforceable in the State in which it has been issued, shall, on request, be implemented in Finland.
The implementation of the provisions of this law, applies, mutatis mutandis, to: 1) it is for the Court or other authority in the face of the reconciliation of the claim in civil matters, which shall be enforceable in the State in which it is made;
2) the Danish section of the judicial code 478, paragraph 1, in accordance with paragraph 4, of the agreement on civil law matters (udenretlig forlig), if it is made in Denmark, and the debtor at the time, was a place of residence in the State;
3) according to the law of Norway without trial to justify the implementation of valid promissory note the promissory note signed by the debtor, if in Norway and he at that time was the home place in the State, as well as 4) under Danish law, the implementation of the warrant without trial a valid promissory note, Bill of Exchange and cheque, if the debtor has signed a document in Denmark and he at that time was the home place in the State.
With regard to the implementation of this law shall also apply to article 2 of the judgment referred to in paragraph 1 shall, in the case of a judgment, as in Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and the Convention of 6 February 1931 between Denmark, on marriage, adoption and guardianship of international private law provisions on Treaty (Treaty Series 20/31) is specified is valid in Finland.
section 8: Iceland, Norway, Sweden or Denmark, given by a court or administrative authority, a provisional or definitive child custody or visitation of a child's rendition of the decision in a case, regardless of whether it is valid or not, on request, be implemented in Finland, where it can serve as a basis for the implementation of the law of the State where the decision has been taken. The decision of a court or administrative authority, in front of the court settlement societies shall be considered or approved by the competent administrative authority.
If the decision referred to in paragraph 1 is incompatible with the implementation of the decision in Finland, however, is not the first decision may be taken, if not to comply with it on is in effect. Not to take the implementation of the fact, that according to article 6 of the cause, that the judgment is valid in Finland.
What is provided for in subparagraph (1) does not apply to the decision issued by the Social Affairs Committee of the implementation of the authority or any other authority, or by the State concerned, the protection of children and young people, the public, or the equivalent in the form of maintenance or care by a decision in accordance with the law.
What are the in subparagraph (1) shall not apply in any case in the implementation of this decision shall apply to the issue of jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of judgments in matrimonial matters and in matters of parental responsibility and Regulation (EC) No 1782/2003 1347/2000 repealing Council Regulation (EC) No 1782/2003 2201/2003. (21.12.2004/1157), section 9, of Iceland, Norway, Sweden or Denmark, the power of the law issued by a court ruling, in which someone is obligated to another one to pay, and that according to this law can enter into force in Finland, is, when it is enforceable in the State in which it is given, on request, in accordance with the implementation, where applicable, what enforcement Act, Chapter 3, section 7 (1) is provided.
UlosottoL 37/1895 Ulosottokaarella 705/2007 is repealed. See Ulosottokaari 705/2007 Chapter 3 section 7.
The procedure concerning the implementation of article 10 of the application shall be addressed to the District Court. (1.11.1996/801)
The judgment, the application shall be accompanied by a copy certified by the relevant authority of the judgment as well as a statement as to whether the force of res judicata. When the Court is not legally binding, the application must also be accompanied by a statement that the judgment is enforceable in the State in which it is issued.
The implementation of the reconciliation, the application shall be accompanied by a certified copy of the agreement as well as the testimony of the fact that the court settlement is enforceable in the State in which it is made.
Article 8 of the above decision referred to in paragraph 1, or the implementation of the agreement of reconciliation, the application shall be accompanied by a certified copy of the document in question, as well as a statement of fact, that it can be the basis for the implementation of the law of the State where the decision has been given, the court settlement has been made or the contract has been approved.
Section 7, subsection 2, referred to in paragraph 3 or 4 of the implementation of the Bill of Exchange or promissory note, check, the application shall be accompanied by the original promissory note, Bill of Exchange or cheque as well as the Ministry of Justice, the law of the State where the document is signed by a certificate, issued by the fact that the document in question in the State, there can be a basis for the implementation of the. The certificate must also indicate the specific conditions of implementation, which could, according to the law of the State concerned shall be valid.
The document, which was drawn up in a language other than Finnish, Swedish or Norwegian, Danish language, shall be accompanied by a certified translation into one of these languages, unless the District Court to grant this exception. (1.11.1996/801) on the implementation of article 11 of the decision on the application shall be adopted without hearing the other party, unless the court orders otherwise. (1.11.1996/801)
The application, which applies to section 7 (2) of the said subsection of reconciliation referred to in paragraph 2 or 3 or 4 a bill of Exchange or promissory note, referred to in the implementation of the check, may not, however, go along with, unless the opposite party not given an opportunity to give its opinion on the application. If he denies the application, and not the denial of the application is not manifestly unfounded, must be rejected. If the settlement agreement includes the costs of the order, the amount of compensation may be reduced.
The application for the implementation of this law, cannot be immediately complied with, the Court may, on application by the party concerned to immediately impose a measure referred to in Chapter 7 of the code of ryhdyttäväksi, which is necessary in order to safeguard the right to. (1.11.1996/801)
Unless otherwise provided for in this law, the purpose of the application of the District Court of the District Court of the application, mutatis mutandis, to the law on general matters (307/86). The application for the implementation of the Office of the District Court, where a case does not proceed to hear a witness or other person to person. If the adoption of the decision of the District Court was not notified by the applicant to the other party in accordance with section 16 of the said law, he has the right to appeal against this dissatisfaction without notice within 30 days after he is chapter 15 chapter 12, in accordance with the first subparagraph of article has knowledge of the judgment. (1.11.1996/801)
L application matters in the General District Court at 307/1986 amending the code of judicial procedure is repealed L:lla 768/2002. See Oikeudenkäymiskaari 4/1734 7 and Chapter 8.
section 12 of this Act for which it is carried out, unless otherwise specified in this law, such as the implementation of a final judgment issued by a court in Finland is provided. If the implementation of the document contains a provision on the use of coercive measures, the provision does not, however, be complied with.
Miscellaneous provisions article 13, If an action is brought before a court in Finland to a matter in respect of which the trial already is under way in Denmark, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, or the Court, and the earlier the initiation of the trial could lead to a judgment that this law is in force in Finland, the later claim is based, the present plea is inadmissible, or wait for the earlier proceedings on the judgment, the judgment which has become final.
section 14 (1.11.1996/801), the District Court issued a detention order as referred to in Chapter 7 of the code of judicial proceedings or of Denmark, Iceland, Norway and Sweden before the Court is that the persistence of the measure in accordance with article 6 of that century, when considering the look of the action has been brought before the Court of societies in Finland, if the foreign court proceedings to be given according to this law can come into force in Finland.
the application of the provisions of article 15 of this law shall be adopted, where the need for further regulation.
section 16 of This Act shall enter into force in the State of each with regard to article 1 of the regulation at the time of the stabilised against separately.
The law does not apply to an appeal, which has been given, or an agreement that is made of, nor section 7, subsection 2, 3 or 4 to the promissory note, Bill of Exchange referred to in paragraph or make checks payable to, which is set prior to the entry into force of the law.
The change of the date of entry into force and the application of the acts: 16.5.1980/353: this law shall enter into force on 1 July 1980.
21.1.1983/350: This law shall for each name you want to change the law with regard to article 1 of the entry into force of the said State, decreed at the time.
Before the entry into force of the law at the beginning of the bankruptcy, or bankruptcy, induced by the treatment of the public right of action, without composition or other measure by, and the nullity of the decision is subject to the new law, or the peruutumista voimaantultuakin of the earlier provisions of the Act.
THEY DID 211/82, ulkvk. bet. 24/82, svk. Mrs. 220/82 1.11.1996/801: this law shall enter into force on 1 December 1996. Transitional provisions will be given separately by law.
21.12.2004/11: this law shall enter into force on 1 March 2005.
THEY LaVM 186/2004, (EC) No 10/2004, EV 187/2004, Council Regulation (EC) No 1782/2003 2201/2003 (32003R2201); OJ No l L 338, 23.12.2003, p. 1.
Search Translated Laws of Finland