Act amending the Act on smoke-free environments
(Enlargement of the scope of the law, tightening of the law's criminal provisions, etc.)
WE, MARGRETHE the SECOND, by the grace of God Queen of Denmark, do indeed:
The Danish Parliament has adopted and we know Our consent confirmed the following law:
In Act No. 512 of 6. June 2007 on smoke-free environments, as amended by Act No. 532 of 26. May 2010, is amended as follows: 1. In section 1, the following is inserted as paragraph 2: ' (2). By passive smoking means inhaling the blend air that occurs when the smoke from cigarettes, pipes, cigars, hookahs, cheroots, herbal cigarettes and similar products mixed with and pollute the surrounding air. '
2. Article 6, paragraph 2 is replaced by the following: ' (2). It may be decided that it is allowed to smoke in cranes, company cars and other commercial vehicles, that alone serves as a workplace for one person at a time. '
3. In section 6 shall be inserted as paragraphs 4 and 5: ' (4). Jobs, who has or who establishes a smoking room or smoking booths, where smoking can take place, by visible signs inform about that the air in the surroundings outside these can damage your health.
(5). The Minister of health shall lay down detailed rules on the issue, design, Setup, etc. of signage in accordance with paragraph 4. '
4. Article 7 shall be replaced by the following: ' article 7. At childcare centres, schools, boarding schools, boarding schools, institutions with a range of three-year upper secondary secondary education, whereabouts and the like. that has concerned mainly children and young people under the age of 18, it is not allowed to smoke on the institution's area, see. However, paragraphs 4-6.
(2). Institutions, etc., which both provides a three-year upper secondary school education, which primarily included persons under the age of 18, see. paragraph 1, and an education, which primarily included persons over 18 years of age are covered by paragraph 1 of the basic regulation. However, paragraph 3.
(3). Geographically independent departments of the institutions referred to in paragraph 2, which has included persons over the age of 18 years are not covered by the prohibition provided for in paragraph 1.
(4). For the affixing of the places targeted children and young people under the age of 18, which also serves as a residence for the young, it may be decided that it is allowed that the young smoker outdoors on the institution's area.
(5). For secured sections on residential and partially closed residential institutions, which also serves as a residence for young people under 18 years of age, can it be decided that it is allowed that the youth smoking in the smoking room, on their own rooms and outdoors on the institution's area.
(6). Service residences, which are situated on the territory of the institutions referred to in paragraph 1, are not covered by the prohibition provided for in paragraph 1. However, it is not allowed to smoke, when children and young people who are admitted to the institution, etc., reside in service to homes. '
5. section 8 is repealed.
6. The heading before section 9 is repealed.
7. section 9 is repealed.
8. In article 14, paragraph 2, the following is inserted as a 2. item:
' It can also be imposed on the prisoners not to smoke in the besøgsrum. '
9. In article 26, paragraph 2, the words ' indoor '.
10. In section 33 shall be replaced by ' 2011-12 to 2014-15: ' ' '.
§ 2 the law shall enter into force on the 15. August 2012.
Given at Christiansborg Palace, the 18. June 2012 Under Our Royal hand and Seal MARGRETHE r./Astrid Krag