Overview (table of contents)
Notes concerning the energy label for new cars and vans
Description of the poster or the display must be set up at the point of sale for passenger cars
Description of energy class arrows for use in advertisements, etc.
The full text of the Executive order on energy labelling, etc. of new passenger and varebiler1)
Under section 17, paragraph 1, and article 25, paragraph 1, of the lov nr. 455 of 18. May 2011 on energy labelling of energy-related products as shall be fixed under the authority: section 1. New cars and vans must at the exhibition at the point of sale be tagged with information on fuel consumption as well as other standard product information, as provided for in this Decree, without prejudice. However, paragraph 5.
(2). For new passenger cars for the purposes of this Ordinance, as cars are designed to be used to carry no more than 9 persons including the driver, and which have not previously been registered in Denmark or abroad.
(3). By new vans for the purposes of this Ordinance, there are cars designed to be used for the carriage of goods and having a permissible maximum weight not exceeding 3,500 kg and which have not previously been registered in Denmark or abroad.
(4). At the point of sale for the purposes of this Ordinance any location, URf.eks. a showroom or forecourt, where cars are displayed or offered for sale or lease. Fairs, where passenger and commercial vehicles presented to the public, are covered by this definition.
(5). Without prejudice to labelling requirements. paragraph 1 does not include plug-in hybrid cars, electric cars or cars that use gas as a propellant.
§ 2. Energy label with information on new passenger and goods vehicles fuel consumption etc. shall contain information, designed and printed as specified in annex 1. An energy label is considered to be in conformity with Annex 1, when it is printed from www.bilviden.dk.
Poster or display
§ 3. A poster or a display with information on fuel consumption of new passenger cars, etc. shall contain the information as set out in annex 2.
§ 4. Promotional materials (brochures, data sheets, sales lists, advertisements in newspapers, magazines, professional publications or on the Internet, internet banners, posters and the like), which is used in marketing and sales promotion of new cars and vans to the public, must contain information about the energy class as indicated in annex 3, fuel consumption and CO2 emissions for the models and variants, advertising material concerns, see. However, paragraph 4. This information must at least meet the requirements of paragraphs 2 and 3, those requirements.
(2). Information must be easy to read, easy to understand and presented clearly and in a manner at least as prominent as other information in advertising material (3). If the advertising material deals with several models and/or variants, energy class as indicated in annex 3, fuel consumption and CO2 emissions for the variant with, respectively, the minimum and maximum consumption.
(4). If the advertising material only deals with one brand and not a specific model, it is not required to provide information about the energy class, fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
Pamphlet with information on fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
§ 5. The traffic Agency, in collaboration with the manufacturers or their representatives a pamphlet with consumer information. The booklet shall contain inter alia contain information about the ten most fuel efficient passenger car models energy efficient running technique, an explanation about greenhouse gas emissions effect on the climate, as well as referring to the Community objective of average CO2 emissions. Consumers must, on request, be able to get this pamphlet handed out free at the points of sale.
Manufacturers and distributors ' obligations
§ 6. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer or his authorised representative to make appropriate information available to the dealer in order that this can perform his duties under this Ordinance.
§ 7. Anyone who is exhibiting new cars and vans at the point of sale, before the exhibition provide the car with an energy label in accordance with section 2. The energy label shall be placed in the car's windshield, so it is visible from the outside, or alternatively be affixed visibly in the vicinity of the car along with price and consumer information. New passenger and goods cars must not be equipped with any other labels, marks, symbols or inscriptions than it in § 2, referred to energy label, if these can be misleading or deceptive.
(2). Anyone who exhibits new passenger cars at the point of sale, free of charge, disclose it in section 5 of the said booklet with consumer information on fuel consumption and CO2 emissions of cars to consumers who request it.
(3). Anyone who exhibits new passenger cars at the point of sale, in a conspicuous place set up a poster or a display for every single car brand in accordance with § 3. Alternatively, to the consumer's free use be set up a computer with a link to www.bilviden.dk.
(4). Anyone who lets prepare promotional material used for marketing and sales promotion of new cars and vans, must ensure that this is done in accordance with section 4.
§ 8. Traffic agency oversees compliance with the Executive order rules.
(2). Traffic agency may transfer supervision pursuant to paragraph 1 to another authority.
§ 9. Traffic Agency's decisions may not be referred to the Secretary of State.
(2). Has Traffic agency entrusted with another authority to supervise compliance with the rules, the Executive order on the supervisory authority's decisions can be challenged before the Traffic Agency.
(3). The appeal period is 6 weeks from the day when the decision is announced.
§ 10. The traffic Agency is discussing and keep up to date on an ongoing basis in cooperation with consumer organizations, industry and the DEA the information which must appear on the energy label, see. Annex 1, including energy class division.
§ 11. With fine punished anyone who violates sections 6 and 7.
(2). That can be imposed on companies, etc. (legal persons) criminal liability in accordance with the provisions of the criminal code 5. Chapter.
Date of entry into force of
§ 12. The notice shall enter into force on the 1. August 2012.
(2). At the same time repealed Executive Order No. 1437 by 11. December 2009 on energy labelling, etc. of new cars and vans.
§ 13. Printed advertising material for new cars and vans in the form of brochures, data sheets and posters, which are not in accordance with section 4, and which is printed before the entry into force of this order, may be used until 1 July 2006. February 2013.
(2). Promotions and advertisements agreed before the date of entry into force may be carried forward to 1. February 2013.
The traffic Agency, the 20. June 2012 Carley H/Ib Rasmussen
Annex 1 Notes on the energy label for new cars and vans
The following notes refer to the example on the energy label, which is included at the end of this annex, and describes what information must be specified.
1) vehicle: Van or passenger car
Fuel: Gasoline or diesel
Brand: manufacturer's name URf.eks. Opel, Toyota, or VW, etc.
Model: Cars with essential common parts of the construction URf.eks. ASTRA, Avensis or Golf, etc.
Variant: Engine size as well as possibly. additional equipment or bodywork design URf.eks. 1.2 1.4 16v, HB or 1.9 TDI, etc.
For cars that are declared EC type-approved, brand, model and variant respond to the notification.
2) the car's fuel consumption measured according to Council Directive 80/1268/EEC or EU regulation 692/2008 are converted to km per litre, and rounded to one decimal place, and grade from A + ++ to G according to the following schemes.
Fuel consumption km per litre
A + + +
At least 34.3
At least 38.6
25.2 – 34.2
20.0 – 25.1
22.5 – 28.0
18.2 – 19.9
20.5 – 22.4
Energy class appear on the energy label by an arrow with the letter corresponding to and out of the relevant class.
3) the car's fuel consumption in accordance with point 2 shall be indicated in km per litre.
4) CO2 emissions measured in accordance with the Council's 80/1268/EEC or EU regulation 692/2008 set in g/km.
5) car's CO2 reduction achieved as a result of type-approved energy-saving technologies will be indicated in g/km.
6) Annual ejerafgift according to the law on tax after fuel consumption etc. for certain passenger and commercial vehicles (fuel excise duty Act), see. lovbekendtgørelse nr. 835 of 1. July 2011, as amended by section 1 of Act No. 1384 of 28. December 2011 on the modification of the fuel excise duty Act, various excise taxes, the law on tax on piped water, law on circulation tax of motor vehicles, etc., Act on water supply, etc. and environmental target practice law quotes in DKK PR. year.
» Fuel costs annually ' is entered as a calculation example by 20,000 km for passenger cars and 25,000 km for vans and a liter price fixed by the Traffic Agency. For vans is also additional charge for ' mixed private/commercial ' and ' private ' application
7) it will be indicated in the form of ' Star marking with color code 00-70-X-00 or ' not proven ' about the car's safety is judged on the basis of the test according to EuroNCAP (European New Car Assessment Programme). From 1. January 2013 can a small year indication showing whether the assessment is based on EuroNCAPs 2012 method.
8) the text under the example paragraph 8 must always be stated.
Energy label size
The mark must comply with the target 297 x 210 mm (A4) and otherwise comply with the objectives specified in the example.
CMYK Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black.
070X0:0% Cyan, 70% Magenta, 100% Yellow, 0% Black.
-A + + +: X 00-X-00
-A + +: 70 – 2000 X-00
-A +: 30 – 2000 X-00
-A:: 00 – 2000 X-00
-B: 00 – 30-X-00
All text in black. The background white.
Further information can be obtained from:
The traffic Agency, Edvard Thomsen's Road 14, 2300 Copenhagen S, phone 72 21 88 00.
Annex 2 Description of the poster or the display must be set up at the point of sale for cars 1) Poster or display must have a minimum size of 70 cm x 50 cm.
2) information must be legible.
3) If used an electronic display, the screen size shall be at least be 25 X 32 cm (17 "). The information must be displayed using a scroll function.
4) new passenger cars will be grouped together and separately according to fuel type (petrol or diesel). Within each fuel type regulated the supply of cars for variants with increasing fuel consumption. That is to say independently of car model and with the variant with the lowest fuel consumption at the top.
5) For each new passenger car on the list specified fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, without prejudice. Annex 1, item 2 and 4.
6) as an alternative to a poster or display can be set up a computer for the consumer's free use with link to www.bilviden.dk.
The following is a proposal for the design.
. . .
. . .
7) Poster/display will contain the following texts:
» A booklet of consumer information on fuel consumption and CO2 emissions of cars are available free of charge at all sales outlets. The booklet refers to www.bilviden.dk, which can be searched on passenger and commercial vehicles to be offered on the market. '
» In addition to the car's reported fuel consumption also plays a role in the way a car's driving actual fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Carbon dioxide is the greenhouse gas, which is primarily responsible for global warming. "
When using electronic display, the above texts be visible all the time.
8) the poster must be completely updated at least every six months. If using electronic display, information updated at least every three months. Between two updates, new cars are added at the bottom of the list.
9) use of the display can fully and permanently replace the posters. In this case, in a conspicuous place in the showroom displayed a poster with a minimum size of 70 x 50 cm, which must be equipped with the following text: ' in this showroom, there is an electronic display that shows a list of fuel consumption and CO2 emissions for all new cars offered for sale or lease through that point of sale '.
Annex 3 Description of energy class arrows for use in advertisements, etc.
Energy class arrows must appear clearly and at an equally eye-catching way, as other information in advertising material.
Energy class arrow applicable for that car in promotional materials can be downloaded from www.bilviden.dk. If the advertising material contains several models/variants, energy class, see arrow. § 4 (3), for both the variant with the smallest and the one with the largest consumption is entered in promotional materials.
Official notes 1) Ordinance contains provisions transposing a European Parliament and Council Directive 1999/94/EC of 13. December 1999 relating to the availability of consumer information on fuel economy and CO2 emissions in respect of the marketing of new passenger cars, the official journal of the European communities 2000, nr. L 12, page 16.
The Ordinance has been in draft form notified in accordance with European Parliament and Council Directive 98/34/EC (the ' procedure ' directive), as amended by Directive 98/48/EC.