Ordinance on the fees for use of international means of payment
Under section 1, paragraph 7, of lovbekendtgørelse nr. 259 of 28. March 2008 on certain means of payment shall be fixed:
§ 1. In this notice, the term:
1) a debit card; a payment card that is directly associated with the cardholder's account and how the amount drawn on the cardholder's account immediately after the card issuer has received the transaction,
2) a credit card; a payment card where the card holder is entitled to a certain amount is deducted before the credit on the cardholder's account,
3) an international payment card; a payment card that can be used for cash advances or as a means of payment in several countries,
4) a Danish issued international debit card; an international debit card issued by a card issuer located in Denmark, and
5) a foreign issued international debit card; an international debit card issued by a card issuer located outside Denmark.
Joint determination of Danish and foreign issued international debit card
§ 2. Tender section 14, paragraphs 2 to 4, shall not apply to the use of international payment cards.
Danish issued international debit card
§ 3. Acquirers of Danish issued international debit card may not charge a fee at 0.4% of the amount of the transaction at the payee, up to a maximum of 4 € per transaction, in connection with the cardholder's use of such a debit card in the physical trade in Denmark, see. tender § 3, paragraph 5.
§ 4. Acquirers of Danish international credit card issued may not charge a fee of 0.75% of the amount of the transaction at the payee, in connection with the use of such a credit cardholder's cards in the physical trade in Denmark, see. tender § 3, paragraph 5.
§ 5. The payee must not with cardholder charge for a payment transaction in the physical trade, when the cardholder pays with a Danish issued international payment cards without prejudice. tender section 14, paragraph 6.
Foreign issued international debit card
§ 6. The cost of the operation of a foreign-issued international debit card may be subject to the payee. The costs shall be determined pursuant to § 15 tender.
(2). The prohibition against charging fees with the cardholder in the physical trade, see. tender section 14, paragraph 6, does not apply to foreign-issued international debit card. Charge a fee with the cardholder receives payment for the use of a foreign issued international debit cards in the physical trade, the fee must not exceed the payment recipient's fee for the payment transaction to the acquirer. The payee must prior to an agreed conclusion clearly inform the cardholder of the fees charged.
§ 7. The Danish competition authority may, in accordance with the concrete application determine that foreign acquirers of Danish issued international debit cards and Danish International issued credit cards that can demonstrate that they have special additional costs may have increased the fee.
(2). The Danish competition authority can with regard to the processing of an application for an increase in a fee require all information relevant for the examination of the application, see. tender article 21, paragraph 2.
(3). Competition agency's decision pursuant to paragraph 1, may be brought before the Competition Appeals Tribunal, see. tender section 21 (3).
§ 8. Executive order valid until 1. November 2009.
§ 9. The notice shall enter into force on the 1. January 2009.
Economic and business affairs, the 17. December 2008 Lene Espersen/Martin Windelin