of 25 June 2002. April 2002
concerning the export of certain cultural goods from the customs territory of the European
Change: 281/2009 Sb.
Parliament has passed the following Act of the United States:
This Act provides for additional conditions for the export of cultural goods
the customs territory of the European Communities (hereinafter referred to as "customs territory")
referred to in the legislation of the European communities, the Governing
export of cultural goods from the customs territory. "^ 1")
Export permits under this Act (hereinafter referred to as "export permit")
does not replace consent, permit, certificate or licence issued by
special legislation. ^ 2)
(1) to grant an export authorisation is the Ministry of culture and
in cases relating to the records Department of the Interior (hereinafter referred to as
(2) the Central Authority grants an export authorisation of type standard authorization. ^ 3)
Application for an export permit under this Act (hereinafter referred to as "the application")
administered with the consent, permission or certificate issued under the
specific legislation, ^ 4) where appropriate, together with the application for consent
or applications for authorisation on a form issued by the Ministry of
(1) the central authority shall issue an export permit, if issued,
permit or certificate provided for in special legislation, ^ 4) and it
at the same time with this consent or permission, or no later than 10 days from the
submission of the application, if the certificate has been issued under a special
legislation. ^ 5)
(2) the export authorisation shall be issued for a period specified in the consent, permission
or certificate under special legislation. ^ 4)
(3) the goods may be exported only within a period of 12 months from the date of issue
an export permit.
(1) in the event that the exporter must lodge with the appropriate customs office customs
a statement in connection with the export of a cultural object from the territory of the United
the Republic proposes to lay off subject to the export procedure or
outward processing and customs suspects that the balanced
the subject is a cultural object that is exported without an export permit,
the subject of the decision and shall inform the Central
authority. The Customs Office shall proceed mutatis mutandis in the case where it is carried out
the export of such an article, and a customs declaration had not been lodged or has been
be lodged at the Customs Office of the Member State.
(2) if the issue of an export permit would be catered for when the subject was
the central competent authority, shall be drawn up for the Customs Office within a period of 15 days from the
date of submission of the information. A copy of the report will also receive
(3) in the case that the central authority is not competent to issue export
authorisation, it shall inform, in writing, to provide the subject matter without delay to the authority
Member State competent to issue an export permit.
(4) the exporter is obliged to tolerate the steps necessary for identification and verification
of the subject.
(5) the costs associated with provision of the subject shall be borne by the exporter, if he
It has been proven a violation of this Act.
(1) the central authority shall impose a fine of up to $ 50,000 a person who fails to comply with
the obligation laid down in article 6 (1). 4.
(2) the central authority shall impose a fine of up to 100 000 CZK to the holder
export permit fails to fulfil the obligation to submit the form
export permit back to the issuing authority within 15 days from the date of
There was an operative event for the emergence of this obligation. ^ 6)
(3) the central authority shall impose a fine of up to Czk 1 000 000 to the person who
exports or export goods without an export permit.
(4) in the imposition of fines to take account in particular of the seriousness and consequences of
of the infringement.
(5) a fine may be imposed within 1 year from the date on which the central authority of the
failure to comply with the obligations of the learned, but not later than within 3 years from the date on which the
failure to comply with this obligation has occurred.
(6) the penalty is due within 30 days from the day when the power came
the decision, which was fine.
(7) the Fines collected and enforced by the central authority.
(8) the fines are State budget revenue.
With the exception of section 6 (1). 1 and § 7 of the procedure under this Act
not covered by the General rules of administrative procedure. The appeal against the decision of the
According to § 6 paragraph 1. 1 does not have suspensory effect.
This Act shall take effect on the date of the Treaty of accession of the Czech
Republic to the European Union enters into force.
Havel, v. r.
in the financial times in the r..
1) Council Regulation (EEC) No 3911/92 on the export of cultural goods, as amended by
Council Regulation (EC) no 2469/96 and Council Regulation (EC) no 947/01.
Commission Regulation (EEC) No 752/93, the implementing of Council Regulation (EEC) No.
3911/92, as amended by Commission Regulation (EC) No 1526/98.
2) for example, law No. 20/1987 Coll. on State heritage preservation, as amended by
amended, law No 97/1974 Coll. on archives, as
amended, law No 121/2000 Coll., on the protection of Museum Collections
nature and amendment to certain other laws, Act No. 71/1994 Coll., on
sale and export of objects of cultural value, as amended by Act No. 122/2000
Coll., Act No. 38/1994 Col., on foreign trade with military material
and the addition of Act No. 455/1991 Coll., on trades
(Trade Act), as subsequently amended, and Act No.
140/1961 Coll., the criminal act, as amended, law No.
62/2000 Coll., on certain measures on export or import of products and on the
license management and amending certain acts, law No 16/1997 Coll., on
the conditions of the import and export of endangered species of wild fauna and
flora and other measures for the protection of these species and
amending and supplementing the Act of the Czech National Council No. 114/1992 Coll., on the protection of
nature and landscape, as amended.
3) Article. 3 to 9 of Commission Regulation (EEC) No 752/93.
4) section 20 of Act No. 20/1987 Coll.
section 8 of Act No 97/1974 Coll., as amended by law No 343/1992 Sb.
section 11 of Act No. 121/2000 Coll.
section 2 of the Act No. 72/1994 Coll.
5) section 2 of the Act No. 72/1994 Coll.
6) Article. 8 (2). 1 the last sentence and article. 9. 3 of Commission Regulation (EEC) No.
752/93, the implementing of Council Regulation (EEC) No 3911/92.