Read the untranslated law here: https://portal.gov.cz/app/zakony/download?idBiblio=46981&nr=284~2F1998~20Sb.&ft=txt
The COMMUNICATION FROM the
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs communicates, on 25 September 1995. June 1998 was in
Moscow signed an agreement between the Government of the Czech Republic and the Government of the Russian
Federation on the transitional employment of citizens of the United States and of the citizens
Of the Russian Federation.
Agreement entered into force pursuant to article 13(2). 1 day 21.
The Czech version of the agreement shall be published at the same time.
between the Government of the United Kingdom and the Government of the Russian Federation on the transitional
the employment of citizens of the United States and citizens of the Russian Federation
The Government of the United Kingdom and the Government of the Russian Federation (hereinafter referred to as "the parties"),
Desiring to develop economic cooperation with a view to the needs of
the labour market of both States,
They agreed on the following:
This agreement shall apply to citizens of the United States resident
the territory of the United States and citizens of the Russian Federation permanently resident in the
the territory of the Russian Federation ("citizens"), who, in accordance with the laws,
both States parties and the agreement temporarily carrying out work
activity on the territory of the State of the other party (the "receiving State").
Authorities of the parties responsible for the implementation of this agreement (hereinafter referred to as
in the Czech Republic-Ministry of labour and Social Affairs of the United
in the Russian Federation-Federal Migration Service of Russia.
In accordance with this agreement, citizens can engage in work activity on the
the territory of the receiving State for the period for which they have been granted permission
and) on the basis of an employment contract with an employer in this State (
-for a period of up to one year with the possibility of extension up to
-for a period of six months during a calendar year on seasonal work,
-the period of holidays for working students;
(b)) in the context of the employment relationship to the State of their permanent employer
the stay, which is broadcast to work in the territory of the other State on the
the basis of the contract entered into with a legal or natural person
of the receiving State (hereinafter referred to as "the contract"):
-for a period of up to one year with the possibility of extension of time
for completion of the work under the contract.
1. staff members must be physically fit to work and have offered to
this purpose, the appropriate medical certificate.
2. Employees who are employed for a period of up to one year with
possibilities for its renewal within six months, you must have the necessary
qualifications, accompanied by the relevant documents about education and qualifications,
translated into the official language of the receiving State and officially verified.
1. staff members shall have the rights and obligations provided for by legislation
of the receiving State and the provisions of this agreement.
2. the staff member will receive before leaving the territory of the State of permanent residence or,
in the case of the consent of both parties to an employment contract after arriving in
of the receiving State a copy of the employment contract. In the second case
the employee must be informed in advance about the General conditions of work and
3. Wage must not be lower than the wage of the citizen receiving
the State of the same qualification similar work at the same carrying
of the employer.
4. Working conditions of citizens engaged in work activities in accordance with
Article 3 (b). (b)) this agreement sets the employment contract between the
employee and the employer of the State of his residence and
the corresponding provisions of the contract.
1. the issue of a work permit and their extensions are provided in the
accordance with the legislation of the receiving State.
2. to qualify for a work permit and stay to work in the
the receiving State, among the documents laid down in its legislation, it is
necessary to conclude a written agreement between the parties to the contract or
the contract about the method of payment of the costs of the path of the citizen to the place of his
permanent residence after their work activities in the receiving State.
1. The employment of employees can take place only through the
authorised authorities or their authorised organisations or offices to
the implementation of this agreement.
2. the bodies responsible for them or the organisation or authorities after
its entry into force without delay, approves of the way it is
practical implementation and forms of cooperation.
3. Depending on the situation on the labour market in the Czech Republic and the Russian
the Federation's bodies no later than 30. November regular
the calendar year provides the working protocols, the number of citizens who
can be employed in the receiving State during the following
of the calendar year.
1. social security, including health care of citizens is regulated
a valid bilateral agreement on social security.
2. compensation for damage caused by the staff of an accident at work, occupational disease
profession or other impairment of health, arising from the performance of work
tasks or in direct connection with them shall be governed by the legislation of the
of the receiving State.
1. in the case of early termination of employment and release
employee in connection with the termination of the economic activity
the employer of the recipient State, with carrying out the actions aimed at
the reduction in the number of permanent seats or employees to provide employees
the compensation provided for by the legislation of the receiving State.
2. in the event of termination of employment referred to in paragraph 1 of this article
can an employee on the basis of a contract of employment with another employer
of the receiving State to continue in employment to the end of the period of the authorisation to
employment, provided that the end of this period remain a minimum of two
of the month.
3. The status of unemployed person is granted to employees of the State of residence
in accordance with its legislation.
The input of citizens on the territory of the receiving State for the purpose of the transitional
employment, their stay and exit will take place in accordance with the
the law of that State.
Importation of personal property and other objects within the territory of the receiving State and
their export is carried out in accordance with the legislation of that State.
1. questions related to the interpretation and application of this Agreement shall be settled in accordance
2. questions which have not been resolved by the authorities, will be subject to
meeting of the parties.
1. This agreement shall enter into force on the date of receipt of the last written note,
the parties confirm that meet national requirements necessary
for the entry into force of the agreement.
2. this agreement is concluded for a period of five years and will be automatically
extended by one year. The parties may at any time in writing
terminated through the diplomatic channel. In the case of termination expires
The agreement of six months from the date of receipt of notice of termination to the other party.
3. In the event of termination of this agreement work permits issued
citizens under this Agreement shall remain in force until the expiry of the time limit in the
Done at Moscow on 25 April. June 1998, in two original copies,
every in Czech and Russian languages, both texts being equally
For the Government of the United States:
Luboš Dobrovský in r.
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
For the Government of the Russian Federation:
Tatyana Regent Michajlovna in r.
the head of the federal migration services
Search Translated Laws of Czech Republic