Minister of Foreign Affairs
of 26 March. October 1983
on the agreement between the Government of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic and the Government
Democratic Republic of Afghanistan concerning the establishment and activities of cultural and
information centres in Kabul and in Prague
29 April. June 1983 was in Kabul, the agreement signed between the Government of
The Czechoslovak Socialist Republic and the Government of Afghanistan's Democratic
Republic on the establishment and activities of cultural and information centres in the
Kabul and in Prague. Agreement entered into force on the basis of article 8 of the
paragraph 1 day 24. September 1983.
The Czech version of the agreement shall be published at the same time.
Ing. Chňoupek v.r.
between the Government of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic and the Government of the Afghan
Democratic Republic on the establishment and activities of cultural and information
centres in Kabul and in Prague
The Government of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic and the Government of Afghanistan
Desiring to promote mutual awareness of the successes of the
the political, economic and cultural development of both States,
determined to further deepen the brotherly relations between the two Nations, based
on the principles of internationalism, and contribute to a better knowledge and
convergence of both States,
have decided to conclude this agreement:
1. The Contracting Parties shall promote cultural activities and
the information centre of the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan, based in
Prague and the Czechoslovak cultural and information centre
the Socialist Republic based in Kabul (hereinafter referred to as "the Centre").
2. the Centre shall develop its activities under this agreement throughout the territory of
the State of its location.
1. the Centre of the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan in Prague centre
The Czechoslovak Socialist Republic in Kabul are legal
2. The activities of the centres shall be in accordance with the laws of the State of
the headquarters of the Centre.
Establishing the State shall appoint the Director, who will act as
the representative of the Centre and at the same time will be fully responsible for his actions.
The Centre will carry out this activity:
and information on political,) economic, cultural and scientific life
their country, about relations between the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic and the
Democratic Republic of Afghanistan;
(b)) the dissemination and publications;
(c)) the organisation of discussions, lectures, literary speeches, film
performances, recitals and concerts, encounters of the Czechoslovak and
Afghan artists and creative and scientific personnel;
(d) maintenance and management) reading rooms and libraries that are part of the
(e)) the lending of books, magazines, films, tapes, tape cassettes,
photos, slides, etc.;
f) organisation of exhibitions on various fields of cultural activity and the
friendship and cooperation of the people of both States;
(g)) the organisation of language courses;
(h) collaboration in the performance plans), which are entered into the agreement on the
cultural cooperation between the two States;
I) social enterprises in cooperation with organisations
of the receiving State;
j) organising days of friendship and culture;
the sale of cultural goods), of which the list is annexed to this agreement and
form a part of.
1. The supply of goods for sale in the centres shall be carried out and
under the terms of trade and payment agreement in force between the two
States. The Contracting Parties shall ensure that the delivery of goods in approximately balanced.
2. purchase the goods in accordance with national regulations and, in
the currency of the State of the seat of the Centre. The items sell for prices in that State
set for the retail sale of the imported goods. The Contracting Parties
through relevant organizations of foreign trade
your State Center the other Contracting Party 30% rebate of retail
3. the net profit from the sale of goods and of the activities of the Centre remains the Centre of the
to cover operating and other expenses.
4. The Centre shall have the appropriate bank of the State of the seat of the Centre in the currency of the account
of this State.
5. The Centre shall keep accounting records according to the system and in the language of the basic
6. the resorts are required to conclude a contract of insurance under the legislation of
the laws of the State of residence.
1. the Contracting Parties shall, on the basis of reciprocity, free of charge to the Centre
the other party to use the room needed for the implementation of the activities
According to this agreement.
2. The Contracting Parties shall ensure that the Centre of the room to match the
the location and the effectiveness of the nature of the activities of the Centre. The work associated with the
by adjusting the spaces intended for the Centre, carried out on their load State
the headquarters of the Centre on the basis of the documentation submitted by the competent authorities of the
3. the Organization of the State of the seat of the Centre shall at their own expense
take care of building maintenance, real estate, in which are situated the room
the Centre, as well as on the technical condition of fixed installations in them.
Costs associated with the internal device of the Centre and its maintenance shall be borne by
setting up the State.
4. The Contracting Parties shall assist in securing appropriate
apartments Director, the representatives and other staff of the Centre, who
will be posted to the other Contracting Party.
1. The equipment and items intended for the operation of the Centre, shall be exempt
from taxes, duties, customs and other import charges.
2. The Centre shall be in the State of the registered office are exempt from taxes on profits, income from
assets and any other direct taxes.
1. this agreement is subject to approval by the national legislation
the Contracting Parties and shall enter into force on the date of exchange of notes about this approval.
2. This agreement is concluded for a period of 5 years and shall be renewable in silence always on
an additional five-year periods unless one of the Contracting Parties in writing
denounces it six months before the expiry of the current period of validity.
Done in Kabul, 29 April 2004. June 1983, in two originals, each in the language
Czech, Dari and English. In case of differences in interpretation of crucial
is the English version.
For the Government of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic:
JUDr. Václav Kouba v.r.
For the Government of the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan:
Kader Ashna v.r.
The list of cultural goods intended for sale according to the article. 4 (b). k)
1. print publications (books, newspapers, magazines, sheet music, postcards,
3. glass, pottery, porcelain
4. people's fabric
5. products of Arts and crafts, including jewelry
6. leather products
9. technical toys