Minister of Foreign Affairs
of 6 May 1999. November 1964
on the agreement between the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic and the Polish
people's Republic on transit transport through the territory of Czechoslovakia Polish
the people's Republic on the section of the railway line between the stations of Hrádek nad
Nisou and Zittau
16 December 2002. November 1962 in Prague was signed the agreement between the
The Czechoslovak Socialist Republic and the Polish people's Republic
about transit transport through the territory of Czechoslovakia the Polish people's Republic
a section of rail track between the stations of Hradek nad Nisou and Zittau.
The agreement was ratified by the President of the Republic on 29. May 1963 and
the instruments of ratification were exchanged in Warsaw on 22. September 1964.
According to article 26, paragraph 1, entered into force on 22 December 2004.
The Czech version of the agreement shall be published at the same time.
David v. r.
between the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic and the Polish people's
the Czechoslovak Republic on transit transport through the territory of the Polish people's
States in the field of rail track between the stations and Hrádek nad Nisou
The President of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic and the Polish Council of State
the people's Republic, guided by the desire to modify the Czechoslovak transit
transport through the territory of the Polish people's Republic on the stretch of railway line
between the stations of Hradek nad Nisou and Zittau, decided to arrange this
Agreement and to this end have designated their agents:
the President of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic
the first Deputy Minister of transport and communications,
The State Council of the Polish people's Republic
the State podtajemníka in the Ministry of transport,
who after replacing the full powers, found in good and due
the form, agree to the following provisions:
1. the people's Republic of Poland admits the Czechoslovak Socialist
Republic under the conditions laid down in this agreement, the right to perform
privileged transit rail transport through the territory of the Polish people's
States in the field of rail track between the stations and Hrádek nad Nisou
Zittau and in relation to the right to include this section in the tariff
the distance of the Czechoslovak State Railways.
2. The privileged transit rail transport, referred to in paragraph 1, shall
called in the text of this agreement to transit transport.
3. If the transit transport are some of the issues covered by this
The agreement, subject to the provisions of the agreement between the Czechoslovak
Republic and the Polish people's Republic concerning rail transport,
signed in Prague on 31 March 2004. January 1958.
In transit transport is not taken into account the nationality of the passengers, to
origin of consignments of baggage, express services, freight and mail to the State
the nationality of the sender or recipient and the fact, to whom the railway
the vehicle they belong.
Transit transport carrying out Czechoslovak State Railways with trains and
your train staff.
On transit transport on the Polish national territory subject to Polish
provisions relating to policy, public safety and health.
1. If he is a person traveling on trains, transit transport on the Polish
national territory the criminal offence, the competent Polish authorities shall be entitled to
do the trains transit transport and Olympic
employees, who held a service in these trains are required to
to provide every assistance to arrest the perpetrators.
2. The Polish authorities, competent for the performance of this agreement, shall provide in
If necessary, assistance and care for passengers and train staff trains
Hand baggage of passengers, baggage, cargo and express services
postal shipments, as well as railway vehicles, transported in transit
transport cannot be confiscated by the Polish authorities, with the exception of the case
related to the perpetration of the criminal offence referred to in article 5, paragraph
1. transit transport Trains also pass through the Polish State territory without
stopping, except in cases when it is necessary to stop for reasons of
traffic, security of national borders or customs.
2. transit transport Trains shall not go through the Polish territory of the smaller
rate than provided for in the timetable, with the exception of cases in which the status of
track or for operational reasons, it will be ordered to lower speed.
1. Transit Transport may be carried out without restrictions in both day and night according to the
2. train schedules transit transport shall draw up a Czechoslovak State
track and transmit them to the Polish State Railways to the expression of consent.
3. On the introduction of the train, which was not foreseen timetable, you must
fix in advance the Polish State Railways, as well as the Polish authorities protection
4. the Detailed way of discussing issues referred to in paragraphs 2 and 3
the parties agree that the railway authorities of the Contracting Parties.
1. passengers and consignments in transit transport of goods according to the rules and
the tariffs applicable to the Czechoslovak State Railways.
2. the Tariff revenue from carriage in transit transport fall completely
The Czechoslovak State Railways.
3. transit transport does not perform or odevzdávka or takeover
railway vehicles and shipments.
1. for transit transport trains over the Polish territory applies
transport and signalling Regulations of the Polish State Railways, where a railway
management of the Contracting Parties in the reciprocal agreement otherwise.
2. the lessons of the employees of the Czechoslovak State Railways will be Polish
send free of charge to the Czechoslovak State Railways national railways needed
1. the Czechoslovak State Railways are responsible for the fact that railway vehicles
used in the transit transport operation are eligible.
2. The railway authorities of the Contracting Parties shall determine by mutual agreement the way
How is to be followed, if the railway vehicle was damaged on the Polish
Carrying out the supervision and maintenance of order in trains transit transport
It is for the Czechoslovak authorities.
1. The Polish State Railways are required to own funds to maintain section
Railroad and railway equipment used transit transport,
in such a State, in order to ensure a proper and safe transport.
2. the details resulting from the provisions of paragraph 1 and the range of mutual
obligations in respect of devices which are intersected by State
borders, modifies the railway authorities of the parties by mutual agreement.
3. The railway authorities of the Parties shall agree on the construction and maintenance of the
the media connections and security devices on the track used for the
transit transport. Communication connection must be separated from the Inland
1. The railway authorities of the Parties shall be processed on each other
all obstacles in transport, as well as other measures and events
that could adversely affect the transit transport.
2. the obligation to remove the barriers referred to in paragraph 1 for the
the railway administration of the Contracting Party on whose section of railway line
obstacles have arisen.
3. In cases of accidents, traffic and damage to railway vehicles
the Polish national territories shall take the Czechoslovak State Railways in agreement with the
Polish state railways and in urgent cases with the local Polish
border protection authorities the measures necessary for the implementation of emergency
work and removal of damaged rail cars.
4. the competent authorities of the Contracting Parties for reimbursement of actual expenditure
shall provide the necessary assistance to the extent possible, in the cases referred to in
paragraphs 2 and 3.
For the implementation of transit transport, referred to in article 1, paragraph 1, shall be
Czechoslovak State Railways to provide a Polish national railways flat
the refund. The amount of such refunds, as well as the way to settle down
the railway authorities of the parties by mutual agreement.
Provisions on liability
1. For damage caused to passengers in transit transport, as well as
employees held a service on trains, transit transport, correspond to the
compensate Czechoslovak State Railways under the rules of their
2. The provisions of paragraph 1 shall also apply to the consignments being transported.
3. for all other damages corresponding to compensate railway
the administration of the Contracting Party on whose section of the railway line has occurred
the event causing the damage.
4. Damages that arise in the implementation of the operational transport railway
administrations of the Contracting Parties as a result of accidents caused by force majeure, shall be borne by
Railway Administration, in so far as it has suffered.
1. for the application of the mutual claims of recourse between railway
administrations of the Contracting Parties arising from the liability provided for in
Article 16, the following principles shall apply:
and) for damages caused by fault of employees corresponds to the railway
Administration, to which these employees belong. If the damage caused by
the fault of the employees of both railway administrations or cannot figure
that railway authorities have caused damage, correspond to the employees both
(b)) for damages caused by the bad state of the buildings and equipment intended for
transit transport corresponds to the railway administration, which these buildings and
the device belongs;
(c)) for damages incurred bad technical condition of railway vehicles or
improper loading of shipments match the Czechoslovak State Railways.
2. Each administration shall have the right of recourse against the other railway
the Administration, if it was a final court verdict decided that it is
be obliged to reimburse the damages for which, under the provisions of paragraph 1, in full or in
in part corresponds to the second administration. The right of recourse can be assert, even when
both railway administrations agree that one of them will satisfy the claim,
Although the second administration is responsible for the damage in whole or part. Settlements and
recognition of entitlements, as well as judicial statements rendered in proceedings, of which the second
Railway Administration has not been informed, are for the application of penalties against
the other railway managing binding only if this administration with them
express consent, or if, within three months after submission of the first
When asked, this Administration has not notified its opinion, as it was in this period
3. The railway authorities of the Contracting Parties shall determine by mutual agreement the way
investigations to determine the causes and extent of the damage.
1. Consignments of all kinds can be in transit transport
transported in mail cars, in postal sections, as well as in
rail cars without any průvozních fees.
2. The mailbox for postal vehicles must be in motion across the Polish
national territory closed.
For mail that has been translated, where necessary, on the Polish
national territory corresponds to the railway or postal administration, which is
She took under his supervision.
The Section In The
The provisions of the border and customs
1. passengers in transit transport, as well as railway and postal
employees and other persons performing service on trains, transit
transport, do not put on the Polish national territories, eliminating passport and visa
formalities; However, you must carry an identity card and, on request, to
to prove to the authorities authorized to carry out the control.
2. the persons referred to in paragraph 1 shall not be subject to the Polish national territory
Customs control; Customs also are not subject to and from customs duties and other
fees are waived for these people, the manual baggage shipments
baggage, express services, goods, mail, as well as railway
of the vehicle.
3. for crossing State borders employees of Czechoslovak
rescue trains, snow ploughs, as well as other railway
workers who carry out business operations on the stretch of track on the operational
the Polish national territory, the relevant border and customs provisions
The agreement between the Czechoslovak Republic and the Polish people's Republic on the
mutual railway transport, signed in Prague on 31 March 2004. January 1958.
1. Trains transit transport may be accompanied by competent authorities
each of the Contracting Parties.
2. In cases where transit trains transport accompanied by a Polish
the authorities must stop trains on the locations, in order to allow
boarding and performances.
1. For trains transit transport is prohibited on Polish national territory
embarking or disembarking and opening of the doors and Windows of cars. This prohibition
does not apply to railway employees and persons accompanying train
According to article 21, paragraph 1, in the performance of their duties in
2. If the person traveling on trains, transit transport in case of
an accident or other emergency cases on the Polish national territory
they will remain until its abandonment under the supervision of the Polish authorities, protection
3. On the Polish national territory is prohibited to train transit transport
receive or transmit or throw any objects.
4. Persons moving trains transit transport is not allowed on the Polish
national territory to photograph or film them.
1. transit traffic is prohibited on Polish national territory shall be construed and
dispose of the shipment. If the rail vehicle is damaged, it may be
consignment translated only under the supervision of Polish customs authorities.
2. The Polish customs authorities will recognize the Czechoslovak Customs seals. In
the case of the cross-dock shipments on the Polish national territory shall be accompanied by the Polish customs
authorities in accordance with the options on the cars, which have been translated, its shipments
the Customs seals.
1. the materials and tools needed to build or maintain communication and
alarm connections and equipment may be imported to the Polish State
territory and exported out of him without a special permit, customs duties and other levies.
Tools and unused materials must be exported again.
2. Loading and unloading of articles referred to in paragraph 1 shall be carried out under the
supervision of the competent Polish authorities.
The competent authorities of the Contracting Parties shall conclude arrangements necessary for the implementation of
This agreement, in particular with regard to the matters mentioned in article 8 paragraph
4, article 11, paragraph 2, article 13, paragraph 2 and 3, article 15 and article
17 paragraph 3.
It is necessary to negotiate the arrangements listed before this Agreement shall in
1. this agreement is subject to ratification and shall enter into force on the date of the exchange of
instruments of ratification, which will be done in Warsaw.
2. The date on which this agreement enters into force, the Agreement shall cease to
between the Czechoslovak Republic and the Republic of Poland of the privileged
railway transit from Czechoslovakia to Czechoslovakia in Liberec
-Varnsdorf through Poland, signed in Prague on 2. July 1949.
3. This agreement is concluded for an unlimited period of time. May be terminated
each of the Contracting Parties and shall expire after six months
the date on which the other Contracting Party has received the notification of denunciation.
This agreement was drawn up in Prague on 16. November 1962 in two
copies, each in the Czech and Polish, both texts have
the same force.
In witness whereof this agreement was signed by placing agents and getting it
For the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic:
E. Vrtiak in r.
The Polish people's Republic:
D. Tarantowicz in r.