on 2 December. February 1993
about the Department of currency
Change: 293/1993 Coll.
Parliament has passed the following Act of the United States:
(1) the Department performs currency circumlocution, Czech National Bank notes
issued by the State Bank of Czechoslovakia, which are the legal money ^ 1)
on the territory of the Czech Republic to the effective date of this Act (hereinafter referred to as
the "notes"). Circumlocution banknotes shall be carried out by or
of a stamp.
(2) from the date of separation of the currency established by regulation of the Government (hereinafter referred to as "day
the Department of currency "), are the legal money on the territory of the Czech Republic
banknote okolkované under this Act, Bill, for which detailed
provides that, subject to the Government circumlocution, coins issued by the Bank
Czechoslovak and banknotes and coins issued by the Czech National Bank
Special Act. ^ 2)
(3) all persons designated by this Act ensures the exchange of banknotes, the
where the implementing regulation provides that subject to the circumlocution for banknotes and
the coins referred to in paragraph 2, in the manner and at the time provided for by law and the
the implementing rules.
(4) the nominal value of liabilities and receivables expressed in CZK
the Czechoslovak currency at the date of separation will be converted into the Bohemian Crown in
the ratio of one to one.
Exchange of banknotes
(1) natural persons who have in the days of Exchange in the Czech
States permanent residence ^ 3) ^ 4 or long-term residence) or the
the territory of the United States granted refugee status ^ 5) (hereinafter referred to as
"authorized person") shall exchange banknotes selected organizational units of the Czech
Pošta, s.p. and selected branches of Česká spořitelna, a.s. (hereinafter referred to as "exchangeable
instead of ") in banknotes and coins pursuant to § 1 (1). 2. replacement shall be carried out on
the basis of the submission of the identity card or residence permit ^ 3) ^ 4)
or documents is replace (hereinafter referred to as "identity card").
(2) Authorized Persons over 15 years of age shall exchange banknotes to the interchange point
the amount of not more than 4000 Crowns per person and the authorized persons under 15 years of age
Exchange of banknotes in the amount of not more than 1000 Kčs per person. Exchange of banknotes is
be carried out in one lump sum.
(3) the notes above the amount referred to in paragraph 2, replace the manner and
the time specified in the implementing rules. Similarly, even if
If the beneficiary has submitted to a single Exchange of banknotes in the amount
lower than the amount referred to in paragraph 2, and shall submit to the exchange for more
(4) an authorized person under 15 years of age and for authorised persons deprived of
competence to perform legal acts shall be submitted to exchange their banknotes
legal guardians. When replacing these guardians shall submit licence
the identity and the document from which it is clear their status of legal
(5) for the beneficiaries can make the exchange of banknotes of other authorized
a person over 18 years of age, present your ID card and ID card
the identity of the authorised persons, in which the Exchange is carried out, where appropriate, a document
referred to in paragraph 4.
(6) the district and municipal authorities and directors (head) hospitals, medical
facilities, social care, refugee camps, prisons and other
similar devices are responsible for the fact that the exchange of banknotes will be made
(I) the right of persons to whom a physical or mental condition, or other
objective reasons do not permit this exchange took place in themselves and
cannot do so through another person.
(7) the exchange of notes shall interchange point on the identity card.
(8) to carry out exchanges may interchange points set up remote
(1) Foreigners, ^ 6) with the exception of natural persons having a fixed or
permanent residence in the territory of the Slovak Republic, exchanging banknotes
branches of the Czech National Bank and the selected bank branches in charge of
the Governor of the Czech National Bank. The Exchange is done in the amount of legally
the Czechoslovak currency amounts recovered, and on the basis of the submission of the
a travel document or a document replacing it, which prove
identity. Exchange of banknotes shall be indicated on the proof of legal acquisition
the Czechoslovak currency.
(2) Foreigners who have permanent or long-term ^ 3) ^ 4) stay on the territory of the
The United States, shall be carried out in accordance with § 2 replacement.
(1) the exchange of banknotes of legal persons established in the territory of the United
States, their organizational folders and other similar bodies
acting on the territory of the Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as "legal persons"), with
other than banks, ^ 7) shall be carried out in a lump sum the Bank for which these
(2) the exchange of notes referred to in paragraph 1 shall be made to the amount
will allow the technical conditions of the Bank, but not exceeding the amount of the cash
the balance, that is, at the time the Department demonstrated in currency
the point of the journal in which it is replacing.
(3) if the technical conditions of the Bank will not allow you to change the entire
the cash balance, confirms the bank acceptance notes in the manner prescribed
by the implementing regulation.
(4) Banks ^ 7) provides for the exchange of banknotes after the consultation, the Czech
Exchange of banknotes to natural persons-entrepreneurs ^ 8) resident ^ 3)
on the territory of the United States, that have an account with the Bank, shall be carried out in a manner
referred to in paragraph 4.
Legal persons referred to in § 4 and natural persons-entrepreneurs referred to in §
5 are required to receive the Bills on which the implementing regulation provides that the
circumlocution, are subject to the Department until the moment of currency.
The exchange of notes, which could not be replaced for important reasons in
the days of exchanges, can make for a maximum period of six months from the date of
the Czech National Bank's currency Department.
Provisions common, transitional and final
(1) for receivables due in the days of the exchange of notes, which can be paid
non-cash, extending the run of all the time limits associated with this
claim about 14 days from the date of its maturity.
(2) the provisions of paragraph 1 shall not apply to claims arising under
social security provisions, sickness and health insurance and
on income taxes.
(3) pensions due in the days of Exchange can be the beneficiaries, with their consent
pay bills, or in okolkovaných in notes, for which
the implementing regulation provides that subject to circumlocution.
For the purposes of the exchange of banknotes of the Czech National Bank may issue a cashier's
receipts due seven days after the first separation of the currencies that are
(1) in connection with the exchange of notes for the necessary period limit
cash withdrawals from accounts with banks and passbooks. Time restrictions
cash withdrawals from accounts with banks and of passbooks, determined by the Government
by regulation, but no longer than seven days.
(3) from the effective date of this Act, must not be natural and legal persons
credit transfers and cash payments in the Czechoslovak
the currency of the specified recipients on the territory of the Slovak Republic. Banks and post offices are
such orders shall be obliged to return the originator.
(4) from the effective date of this Act, is entitled to the Czech National Bank
return the banks established in the territory of the Slovak Republic the payment in
the Czechoslovak currency, which are intended for recipients on the territory of the United
of the Republic.
(5) the payment referred to in paragraph 2 shall be considered as all payments made
a legal entity or a natural person-entrepreneur in one
calendar day in favour of a single recipient.
(6) for breaches of the obligations under paragraph 2 saves the Ministry of finance
the person who has carried out the payment, a penalty of 20% of the amount paid.
A fine may be imposed no later than one year from the date of violation
While the circumlocution of banknotes and exchange banks and interchange points controls
the instructions of the Governor of the Czech National Bank. For the purpose of operational management
Exchange of banknotes, Czech National Bank, the Commission is hereby set up; at the head of the Commission is
the Commissioner is appointed by the Governor of the Czech National Bank.
Mayors (mayors) of municipalities, heads of district offices, police
Heads of units with territorial responsibility and military commanders of crews are
required to work with the Czech National Bank and the Commissioner (section 11) when
providing security exchange places and transportation money.
section 13 of the
(1) the Government shall lay down
and currency Department) the day of the Czech Republic;
(b)) the time that the exchange of banknotes will be carried out;
(c) the time limit for cash withdrawals) from accounts with the bank and the passbooks and
ending restrictions on paying in cash.
(2) the Czech National Bank by Decree lays down the
and the kinds of notes subject to the circumlocution);
(b)) types of stamps and their description and a description of the cash notes;
(c)) to replace the notes under this Act.
Banknotes and coins, issued by the State Bank of Czechoslovakia, that are
legal money pursuant to section 1 (1). 2, the Czech National Bank Exchange
for a maximum period of one year from the expiration date.
(1) on the date of separation of the currency is repealed section 56 of Act No. 6/1993 Coll., on the Czech
the National Bank.
(2) the possibility of exchanges of the Czechoslovak State Bank notes invalid,
provided for by specific provisions, ^ 9) ending on the date the Department of currency.
section 16 of the
This Act shall take effect on the date of publication.
1) section 56 of Act No. 6/1993 Coll., on the Czech National Bank.
2) section 12 of Act No. 6/1993 Coll.
3) section 3 of the Act No. 135/1982 Coll. on reporting and registration of residence of citizens.
section 7 of the Act No. 123/1992 Coll., on stay of foreigners on the territory of the Czech and Slovak
4) § 6 of Act No. 123/1992 Coll.
5) section 5 of the Act No. 498/1990 Coll. on refugees.
6) § 1 (1). 3 of Act No. 123/1992 Coll.
7) § 1 of law No 21/1992 Coll., on banks.
8) § 2 (2). 2 of the Act No. 513/1991 Coll., the commercial code.
9) Federal Ministry of finance Decree No. 8/1988 Coll., on download
10 Kčs banknotes after the pattern of the 1960s.
The Czechoslovak State Bank Decree No 412/1990 Coll., on download
100 Kčs banknotes after the pattern of 1989.
Decree of the State Bank of Czechoslovakia no 413/1990 Coll., on download
50 Kčs banknotes after the 1964 model and after 20 Czech Crowns to the model of the 1970s and the additional
the exchange of banknotes after the 10 Czech Crowns to the model of the 1960s.