Read the untranslated law here: https://portal.gov.cz/app/zakony/download?idBiblio=15343&nr=30~2F1947~20Sb.&ft=txt
Minister of Foreign Affairs
of 16 December 2002. January 1947
of the Charter of the United Nations and the Statute of the International Court of Justice,
agreed on 26 April. June 1945 United Nations Conference on the
International Organization, held in San Francisco.
Change: 36/1999 Coll. (part)
The United Nations Conference on international organization, held in San
Francisco on 25. April-26. June 1945, the States
represented at the Conference, agreed, and on 26 April. June 1945 signed
the Charter of the United Nations, together with the Statute of the International Court of Justice.
Charter of the Statute has been ratified by the President of the Republic on 19 December. September
1945 and the ratification instrument was deposited with the Government of the United States and
of America 19 June 2000. October 1945.
The Charter with the status acquired by art. 110 effect on 24. October 1945.
As the original members of the United Nations have ratified the Charter, the Statute of the
the following States: the Republic of China, France, the Union of Soviet Socialist
republics, United Kingdom of great Britannia and Northern Ireland, United
States of America, Argentina, Brazil, Byelorussian Soviet Socialist
Republic, the Republic of Chile, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, the Republic of
Dominican, Egypt, El Salvador, Haiti, Iran, Lebanon, Luxembourg, New
Zealand, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Filipina, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Syria,
Turkey, Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic, Yugoslavia,
Greece, India, Peru, Australia, Liberie, Costa Rica, Colombia,
The South African Union, Mexico, Canada, Panama, Abyssinia, Bolivia, Venezuela,
Guatemala, Norway, the Netherlands, Honduras, Uruguay, Ecuador, Iraq and Belgium.
Subsequently (in accordance with article 4. Charter) as members of the United Nations were
adopted the following States: Afghanistan, Iceland, Sweden and Siam.
The Charter and the Statute have been negotiated in the language of the English, French,
the Chinese, Russian and Spanish. The original lyrics were released fotostatickou
(facsimile), a region of the United States of America; in
The Official Gazette will be notified where this pětijazyčnou publication
In the annex to this Decree shall be published an English translation of the Charter and the Statute.
Dr. Clementis v r.
State Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
THE CHARTER OF THE UNITED NATIONS
WE, THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED NATIONS, BEING DETERMINED TO
uchrániti the future generations of the scourge of war, which twice in our
life has brought untold sorrow to mankind
make a Mormon out again, their faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and
the value of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of Nations large and
vytvořiti conditions under which they may be preserved, justice and respect for the
the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law and
podporovati social progress and zlepšovati of living in the greater
AND TO THE OBJECTIVES OF THE
pěstovati tolerance and live in peace with each other as good neighbors,
sjednotiti forces to maintain international peace and security,
accept the principles and zavésti methods to ensure that the armed forces
It has not been used yet in the common interest, and
battle Dragons of the international mechanism to promote economic and social
the edification of all Nations,
WE DECIDED TO SDRUŽITI THEIR EFFORTS TO ACHIEVE THESE OBJECTIVES.
That is why our Governments through their representatives, who gathered in the city
San Francisco and presented their full powers, found in good and
due form, have agreed on the Charter of the United Nations and establish this
an international organization called the United Nations.
Objectives and principles.
The objectives of the United Nations are the following:
1. international peace and security and long life, and to the objectives of the treatment
effective collective measures to prevent threats to peace and odklidila and
offensive actions were zkrušeny neb other breach of the peace, and achieve
by peaceful means and in conformity with the principles of Justice and
of international law, the adjustment or the solution of international disputes, neb
situations which might lead to a breach of the peace;
2. rozvíjeti among Nations friendly relations based on respect for the principle of
equal rights and self-determination of peoples, and other appropriate measures to
the strengthening of world peace;
3. uskutečňovati international cooperation a solution to international problems
the impact of the economic, social, cultural, or humanities and
by promoting and strengthening respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms
for all, without distinction of the breed, sex, language or religion; and
4. the Centre, which would be reported in the compliance of the achievements of the Nations in the
achieving these common goals.
Organization and its members, go for the objectives stated in article 1,
will be acting according to these principles:
1. the Organization is based on the principle of the sovereign equality of all its
2. All members shall carry out faithfully the commitments taken pursuant to this
the Charter, in order to ensure rights and together all the benefits of membership.
3. All members of the settle their international disputes by peaceful
resources, so that international peace and security and justice are not
placed at risk.
4. All members to engage in its international relations from the threat of
the use of violence by violence against the neb territorial integrity or political
independence of any State, whether any other way
inconsistent with the objectives of the United Nations.
5. All members shall give the United Nations every assistance organization
every action you take based on this Charter, and they
provide assistance to any State against which the Organization of the United
Nations is taking preventive or enforcement action.
6. the Organization will take care of it, to act according to these principles and States,
that are not members of the United Nations, if it will be necessary to maintain the
international peace and security.
7. nothing in this Charter does not give the Organization of the United Nations
the right to interfere in the affairs which substantially belongs to the internal
the powers of the State, nor does not oblige members to such things only
the solution provided for in this Charter; This policy does not prevent to used the
enforcement measures under Chapter VII.
The original members of the United Nations, States are zúčastnivše,
United Nations Conference on international organization in San Francisco
or podepsavše before the Declaration of the United Nations from 1 January 2003. January
in 1942, having signed and ratified the Charter in accordance with article 110.
1. The organization of the United Nations may be accepted as members
all peaceful States that they adopt the undertakings contained in this Charter
According to the Court, and the Organization are eligible and willing to perform such obligations.
2. On the adoption of each of such a State member of the United Nations shall decide
The General Assembly, on the recommendation of the Security Council.
Member of the United Nations, against which was taken by the Security Council
preventive enforcement actions, the neb may be on its recommendations by the General
the Assembly deprived of the exercise of membership rights and privileges. The exercise of these rights and
privileges may be restored by the Security Council.
Member of the United Nations, which still violates the principles of this Charter, may
be by the General Assembly, on the recommendation of the Security Council of the Organization of
1. As the principal organs of the United Nations: the General Assembly shall be set up,
The Security Council, the economic and Social Council, the Trusteeship Council,
International Court of Justice and the Secretariat.
2. pursuant to this Charter may be set up by the subsidiary bodies, which would
have proven necessary.
Organization of the United Nations establishes no restrictions on the eligibility of men
and women, when it comes to participate in any capacity in its
the main and auxiliary bodies.
The General Assembly.
1. The General Assembly shall consist of all members of the United Nations.
2. Each Member shall have not more than five in the General Assembly representatives.
Tasks and powers.
The General Assembly may projednávati all matters neb things that
fit into the framework of the Charter or relating to the powers and duties of the institutions
This Charter, and may-with the exception of the provisions of article 12-
the members of the United Nations, the Security Council and at the same time those of the neb
do the recommendations on all such matters neb matters.
1. The General Assembly may pojednávati on the General principles of synergy
for the maintenance of international peace and security, including the principles of
disarmament and arms control adjustment, and can do recommendations
These principles, to the members of the Security Council, and at the same time those of the neb.
2. The General Assembly may projednávati any question relating to
the maintenance of international peace and security, which have been submitted to the
any member of the United Nations or by the Security Council or by the
Article 35, paragraph 2, a State which is not a member of the United Nations, and-with
exception of the provisions of article 12-can all such issues to do
the recommendation of the State or States concerned by the matter, or to the Security Council
at the same time those of the NEB. Any matter in which the action is to be, will be
Shall be referred to the Security Council by the General Assembly either before or
3. The General Assembly may upozorniti the Security Council to situations that
could ohroziti international peace and security.
4. the power of the General Assembly provided for in this article shall restrict the
the general scope of article 10.
1. If the Security Council exercises in case of a dispute or situation
tasks specified by this Charter, the General Assembly does not make any
recommendations to the parties to such a dispute or situation unless the Council
safety so requests.
2. the Secretary-General advise the Security Council with the agreement of the General
the Assembly at each meeting on all matters concerning the conservation
international peace and security, and discussed by the Security Council; and
Similarly, immediately advise the General Assembly or, if it is not in session, the members of the
The United Nations, as soon as the Security Council to stop such things
1. The General Assembly gives the impetus to study and make recommendations to the
and to support the international) cooperation in the field of political and
was reinforced by the progress in the development of international law and its codification;
(b)) to support international cooperation in the field of economic,
social and in order to facilitate the implementation of the human rights and fundamental
freedoms for all without distinction of the breed, sex, language, or
2. the Jinaká responsibility, tasks and powers of the General Assembly in matters of
referred to in paragraph 1 (b) above are set out in chapters IX and X.
Subject to the provisions of article 12, the General Assembly may doporučovati
the measures for the peaceful adjustment of any situation of any origin, if
that could ohroziti the general welfare or friendly relations between
Nations, including the situation arising from the fact that they have been violated
the provisions of this Charter, which determines the objectives and principles of the United Nations.
1. The General Assembly receives the annual and special reports from the Council
Security and it; These reports include reports on the measures
of which the Security Council decided or which has to be
maintained international peace and security.
2. The General Assembly receives reports from the other organs of the United Nations and
This is about them.
The General Assembly shall exercise the guardianship in the system of international
tasks that are specified in Chapters XII and XIII, including
approval of poručenských conventions for areas that are not marked as
1. The General Assembly is the budget of the Organization and approves it.
2. the costs of the Organization shall be borne by the members according to the schedule of the usneseného by the General
by the Assembly.
3. The General Assembly shall consider and approve financial and budgetary
the agreement with special authorities concerned in article 57 and shall examine the administrative
the budgets of such special authorities and make them for this purpose,
1. each Member of the General Assembly shall have one vote.
2. About important matters shall be decided by the General Assembly with a two thirds
majority of the members present and voting. Among such issues are:
recommendations concerning the maintenance of international peace and security,
election of members of the economic and Social Council, the election of members of the Trusteeship Council
referred to in paragraph 1 (c) of article 86, the admission of new members to the organisation
The United Nations, Member rights and privileges, the excretion of the members,
questions about appearances of the Trusteeship System, and budgetary questions.
3. On other issues, including the determination of additional questions about classes
which has to be decided by a two thirds majority, shall be decided
majority of the members present and voting.
Member of the United Nations which is in arrears in the payment of its contributions
Organization, does not have a vote in the General Assembly if the amount of the
its arrears equal to the amount of contributions which he is obliged to under the
the preceding two full years, or if it is higher. The General Assembly may
Yet such permit Member to vote if it is convinced that
non-payment is due to circumstances that are not in are members of power.
The General Assembly shall meet in regular annual session and in such a
a special meeting to require ratios. Special sessions shall be convened by
the Secretary-General, at the request of the Security Council or of a majority of the members of
Of the United Nations.
The General Assembly shall act on its rules of procedure. Its President elect
for each meeting.
The General Assembly may zříditi such subsidiary organs, which is after the
his trial should be to carry out its tasks.
The Security Council.
1. The Security Council shall consist of fifteen members of the United Nations.
The Republic of China, France, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics,
United Kingdom the great Britannia and Northern Ireland and United States of America
America are permanent members of the Security Council. The General Assembly shall elect
Ten Nations as members of the Security Council, looking appropriately
above all, as members of the United Nations contribute to the conservation of the
international peace and security, to the other objectives of the Organization, as well as
to ensure a fair distribution after the geographical.
2. Non-permanent members of the Security Council shall be elected for a period of two years. When the first
the election of non-permanent members after the increase in the number of members of the Security Council
eleven to fifteen, two of the four other members who shall be elected for a period of
one year. Acting member cannot be immediately as a candidate again.
3. each Member of the Security Council have one representative.
Tasks and powers.
1. In order to ensure a rapid and effective actions of the Organization of the United
Nations, entrust one of its members to the Security Council primary responsibility for the
the maintenance of international peace and security and there is no consensus for
the Security Council, in carrying out its obligations under this
liability, it is on their behalf.
2. In discharging these duties the Security Council shall proceed according to the objectives and
the principles of the United Nations. The special powers given to the Security Council for the
the venue of these obligations is established chapters VI, VII, VIII, and XII.
3. The Security Council shall submit to the General Assembly to discuss the annual
and according to the needs and special reports.
Among the members of the United Nations is a match that they adopt and meet
the decision of the Security Council under the present Charter.
The Security Council has the task to Army Staff Committee,
in article 47 concerned, draw up and submit to the members of the United Nations
plans to build a system for adjusting the arms race, in order to
international peace and security was stable basis and duration and to
When it was transferred to the arms race, at least from what human and economic
resources of the world.
1. each Member of the Security Council shall have one vote.
2. On matters of procedure shall be decided by the Security Council by an affirmative vote of nine
3. in all other cases shall be decided by the Security Council by an affirmative vote
seven members, in which the voices of all the permanent members; It is understood, however, that when
decisions under Chapter VI, and under paragraph 3 of article 52 in
dispute shall refrain from voting.
1. The Security Council is so arranged as to be capable of work
24/7. Each Member of the Security Council is to target at the headquarters
Organisations still represented.
2. The Security Council held a regular meeting, on which each Member
may, if it so desires, be represented by a member of the Government or other
the representative particularly specified.
3. The Security Council may also konati meeting elsewhere than at the headquarters of
Organisations, where after the Court most easy
The Security Council may zříditi such subsidiary organs, which is after the
the Court needed to perform its tasks.
The Security Council shall act on its rules of procedure, including the
the method of election of its President.
Each Member of the United Nations, which is not a member of the Security Council, may
without the right voice with účastniti any question raised by the debate on the
The Security Council, whenever this is considered that the interests of that Member are
If a party in a dispute to which it is a member of the Security Council of the United
Nations that is not a member of the Security Council or a State which is not
a member of the United Nations, will be invited to vote participated in the
the discussion of the dispute. For the participation of a State which is not a member of the United Nations,
Security Council lays down conditions, what it considers to be correct.
Peaceful settlement of disputes.
1. the parties to the dispute, the duration of which could ohroziti preserve
international peace and security, will be mainly about his usilovati
a solution by negotiation, enquiry, mediation, conciliation, management
the Arbitration Court, by the authorities of the neb the neb arrangements regional or
other peaceful means of their choice.
2. The Security Council, if it considers it necessary, request the parties to
settle their dispute by such means.
The Security Council can investigation of each dispute konati, or any situation,
that could lead to international frictions or způsobiti dispute to
decided whether the duration of the dispute or the situation could ohroziti preserve
international peace and security.
1. each Member of the United Nations or the Security Council may upozorniti
The General Assembly any dispute, or any situation of the nature at issue in
2. A State which is not a member of the United Nations, can upozorniti the Council
safety or to the General Assembly any dispute to which it is a party,
If it accepts in advance, in terms of the dispute, the obligations of peaceful solution
laid down in this Charter.
3. the proceedings of the General Assembly on matters which were claimed
under this article, shall be governed by the provisions of article 11 and 12.
1. The Security Council may in any era of the dispute concerns at issue in
Article 33 or of a similar nature to the appropriate management of the neb doporučiti
the procedure for editing.
2. The Security Council shall take into account all the ways a compulsory procedure, which
the parties have already taken to resolve the dispute.
3. Činíc recommendations under this article the Security Council also
compulsorily taking into account the fact that the general rule of legal disputes are to be
raised on the International Court of Justice in accordance with the provisions of its Statute.
1. If the nature of the dispute in article 33 to the parties neurovnají
resources designated in this article, submit it to the Security Council.
2. If the Security Council considers that the duration of the dispute could indeed
ohrožovati maintenance of international peace and security, it shall decide whether
podniknouti an action under article 36 or doporučiti conditions, editing
What would be considered reasonable.
Without prejudice to the provisions of articles 33 to 37, the Security Council may, if the
all parties to the dispute, do them recommendations for amicable solution
Action when threats to peace, breaches of peace and acts of aggression.
The Security Council shall determine whether it is a threat to the peace, breach of the or
aggressive performance, and recommend or decide what measures shall be taken
in accordance with articles 41 and 42, to maintain or renewed international peace and
In order to avoid deterioration of the situation, the Security Council, before making
recommendations or decides on the measures laid down in article 39, may
call upon the parties that run, to do justice to the provisional measures,
as it considers necessary or desirable. Such interim measures are not
prejudice the rights, claims, or position of the parties on which it runs. If
such provisional measures will not be served, to the Security Council
It duly into account.
To Security Council resolution added efficiency, may decide
What measures other than the use of the armed forces, should be used and can
call upon the members of the United Nations to such measures. Can
between them to be (i) the total or partial interruption of economic relations,
joints of rail, sea, air, postal, telegraphic,
radio or other and cessation of diplomatic.
If the Security Council had considered that should the measures referred to in article 41
was not sufficient, or if insufficient showed may
podniknouti such action by air, sea or land forces,
what you need to maintain or renewed international peace and
safety. Among such actions can be even demonstrations, blockade, and
other operations by air, sea or land forces of members of the United
1. To contribute to the maintenance of international peace and security, all
members of the United Nations undertake to the Security Council on its call
provide the neb specific arrangements under the special armed forces,
assistance and resources necessary for the maintenance of international peace and
security, in that the right of passage.
2. Such or such arrangements shall determine the number and types of forces, their degree of
availability and layout and character of the resources and the assistance to be
3. this Agreement shall be taken as soon as possible on the initiative of the Council of
safety. Shall negotiate with the Security Council's members or groups of members and
are subject to ratification by States according to their constitutional signatárních
If the decision is to use the power of the Security Council, before it prompts the Member
in the Council of nezastoupeného to provide armed forces in fulfilment of the obligations
assumed under article 43, invite him, if it so wishes, to
participation in decision-making of the Security Council on the use of its contingents
of the armed forces.
The United Nations could podniknouti an urgent military measures,
keep members of the immediately applicable national air contingents for
associated international law enforcement action. Their strength, degree of readiness
and plans for their combined action specifies the Security Council with the assistance of
the Committee of the army staff, within the limits laid down in the special agreement NEB.
the arrangements concerned in article 43.
Plans to use the military power, shall draw up the Security Council with the assistance of
the Committee of the army staff.
1. the Committee shall establish the military staffs, to the Council and to help the Council
safety in all aspects of military needs in the Security Council
things maintenance of international peace and security, the use of force and command
the forces provided by her, arms and disarmament possible adjustments.
2. the Committee consists of army staff chiefs of staff of the permanent members of the
The Security Council or their representatives. If the effective implementation of the task
the Committee requires that his works participated in the United Nations in it
Thanks, the Committee continuously ask to participate.
3. The Committee of the army staff under the authority of the Security Council is responsible for
the strategic management of all the armed forces provided by the Security Council.
Questions relating to the command of such forces shall be adjusted later.
4. the Committee of military staffs may mandate the Security Council and after
consultation with the relevant regional authorities zříditi regional subcommittees.
1. the necessary Actions to implement decisions of the Security Council for the
the maintenance of international peace and security, undertake all or
Some members of the United Nations, as determined by the Security Council.
2. Such decisions shall be carried out directly by members of the United Nations and its
action in the appropriate international bodies of which they are members.
Undertaking environmental impact of measures decided by the Security Council,
members of the United Nations one another mutual assistance.
Each State, from which arise the special economic problems arising from the
preventive or enforcement measures against any other Council
the State has the right, whether he is or is not a member of the United Nations, to
Security Council, advised about how to resolve these issues.
If there is an armed attack against any member of the United Nations,
Nothing in this Charter is not an obstacle to the natural rights of the individual
or collective self-defence, as long as the Security Council does not make arrangements for
the maintenance of international peace and security. Measures taken by members in the
exercise of this right of self-defence shall be notified immediately to the Security Council and the
without prejudice to this Charter, shall in any way set out the powers and responsibilities
Security Council to take at any time such action as it deems
necessary to maintain or restore international peace and security.
The regional agreement.
1. nothing in this Charter shall not preclude the existence of a regional agreement, or
authorities for negotiations on the issues of international peace and
security, which is useful for regional action, but with the proviso that
such agreements or institutions and their sloučiti activity with the objectives and
principles of the United Nations.
2. the members of the United Nations, who will perform in such agreement or shall establish
such authorities shall make every effort to submit before the local
disputes to the Security Council, have reached their peaceful solution using
such regional agreements or institutions.
3. The Security Council encourages the development of peaceful conflict resolution
the use of such regional agreements or institutions either at the initiative of States,
concerned, or that it refers to such a solution.
4. This article does not prejudice the application of articles 34 and 35.
1. The Security Council, where it is on the site, it will use such regional
agreements for enforcement action, the neb of the institutions under their jurisdiction. However, no
enforcement action will be taken by regional agreements or
regional authorities without the authorization of the Security Council, unless it is a measure
against a hostile State, specified in paragraph 2 of this
the article, as determined pursuant to article 107 or in regional
agreements, pointing to the policy against offensive recovery of such a State, and
it until the Organization at the request of Governments, on which it runs, entrusted with the task of
zabrániti a new attack of such a State.
2. the term "enemy State" used in paragraph 1 of this
article applies to any State that was during World War II
an enemy of any signatory of the present Charter.
The Security Council will always be fully notified of any activity,
It is taking or intends to, according to regional agreements or through regional authorities
on the maintenance of international peace and security.
International economic and social cooperation.
In order to create the conditions for ustálenosti and well-being, which are necessary
for peaceful and friendly relations among Nations and are based on respect for
the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples, the United Nations will be
a) for higher living standards, full employment and conditions for
Economic and social progress and development;
(b)) to address international economic, social, health and
related issues and for international cultural and educational cooperation;
(c)) for the general respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms for all
regardless of the breed, sex, language or religion, and for their
All members have a solemn postupovati together
individually, in cooperation with the Organisací, in order to achieve the objectives of the
set out in article 55.
1. various special authorities, set up by the intergovernmental arrangements for a wide
international tasks in the field of economic, social, cultural,
Educational, health and related fields, as specified in the
their constituent instruments, will be listed in relation to the United
the Nations according to the provisions of article 63.
2. the authorities which are listed as follows in relation to the United Nations,
they are referred to as special authorities.
Organization gives recommendations for the mutual arrangement of the programs and activities of the
Organisation gives, if that is in place, the impetus to the negotiations, between the participating
States on the creation of new special authorities needed to ensure that
the objectives of the created article 55.
Article 60 of the
Responsibility for implementation of the tasks of the Organization set forth in this chapter
has a General Assembly and under the authority of the economic and Social Council,
whose competence is determined by the provisions of chapter X.
Economic and Social Council.
1. the economic and Social Council shall consist of fifty-four members
The United Nations elected by the General Assembly.
2. subject to the provisions of paragraph 3 will be voliti per year after eighteen
members of the economic and Social Council for a period of three years. The withdrawing
a member can vote again.
3. At the first election after the increase in the number of members of the economic and Social Council of
Twenty-seven to fifty-four members will be in addition to the members elected in place of
those nine members whose official period in this election is over,
selected twenty-seven additional members. Of these twenty-seven
the additional members will expire at the end of the period of nine official first year and
period at the end of the second year of the next nine, according to the arrangements laid down by the General
by the Assembly.
4. Each member of the economic and Social Council has one representative.
Tasks and powers.
1. the economic and Social Council can study and podávati messages konati neb
unto your impulse to studies and reports on international economic matters,
social, cultural, educational, health and related matters and
do all those things the recommendation to the General Assembly, the members of the
The United Nations and the competent special authorities.
2. can do recommendations to the objectives, to encourage respect for the
human rights and fundamental freedoms for all and their conservation.
3. can připravovati and předkládati to the General Assembly proposals for the arrangement
in matters pertaining to its competence.
4. According to the rules laid down by the United Nations svolávati
International Conference on matters pertaining to its competence.
1. the economic and Social Council may do the arrangement with any of
the authorities concerned in article 57, stanovíc conditions under which the authority
will be given in relation to the Organization of the United Nations. Such arrangements
subject to the approval of the General Assembly.
2. can pořádati each other special authorities, advisory activity in contact with
them and the recommendations of the dávanými them to the General Assembly and to the members of
Of the United Nations.
1. the economic and Social Council may take charge of it, to receive
regular reports from the special authorities. May dohodnouti with the members of
The United Nations and the special authorities to receive messages about what
have taken on the implementation of what has recommended herself or even General
the Assembly in matters falling within its competence.
2. The General Assembly May oznámiti its observations on these reports.
Economic and Social Council can provide reports to the Security Council and the
She'll be at her request.
1. the economic and Social Council shall perform the tasks that belong to its
the scope of the implementation of the recommendations of the General Assembly.
2. the consent of the General Assembly can konati services request
members of the United Nations and the special authorities.
3. Performs other tasks that are set out elsewhere in this Charter or
It will be determined by the General Assembly.
1. Each member of the economic and Social Council shall have one vote.
2. the economic and Social Council by a majority of the members present and
Economic and Social Council shall set up committees in the field of economic and
social, and for the promotion of human rights, as well as other committees that will be
necessary for carrying out its duties
If it is a matter of particular interest to any member of the United Nations,
Economic and Social Council invite to make without the right voice participated in
its negotiations on this matter.
Economic and Social Council may ujednati to the representatives of the Special
the institutions involved in its deliberations without the right to a voice, as well as her committees
established and that its own representatives participated in the meeting of the Special
The economic and Social Council may, in an appropriate way the Advisory ujednati contact
with non-governmental organisations that deal with things belonging to her
the scope of the. Such arrangements may be made with international
organisations, and where is it on the site, as well as with national organisations after
consultation with a member of the United Nations, on which it runs.
1. the economic and Social Council shall act on its rules of procedure,
including the way the election of its President.
2. the economic and Social Council shall meet as required, in accordance with the
their of the row that contains provisions for convening meetings of the
request of a majority of its members.
Declaration of nesamosprávných territories.
Members of the United Nations, who have or inherit responsibility for the
the administration of the territory, whose people has not yet reached full self-government,
recognize the principle that the interests of the inhabitants of these territories are on the first place, and
be adopted for their sacred duty to the commitment that will be within the system
international peace and security established by this Charter, the most
podporovati their well being and that the objectives of:
and) ensure properly dbajíce the culture of the people, of which goes, its political,
economic, social and educational uplift, fair treatment of
him and his protection from abuse;
(b)) will be rozvíjeti Government, properly look to the political aspirations of the
people and pomáhati him in the progressive development of their free political
the establishment, in accordance with the specific circumstances of each territory and its peoples and
their different levels of development;
(c)) will be to work for international peace and security;
(d)) will be effective measures for the development of zaváděti, stir, and whenever i
wherever appropriate and to specific international bodies, so as to be
practically achieved in the social, economic and scientific objectives in this
the article laid down;
(e)) the Secretary-General will regularly for information zasílati-s
subject to the limitations, which would have demanded security and constitutional considerations-
statistical and other reports of vocational nature of economic, social and
educational situation of the territories for which they are responsible, in addition to the territory of the
which chapter XII and XIII.
Among the members of the United Nations is also consensus on the fact that their policies,
as regards the territory to which the provisions of this chapter, as well as with regard to the
their parent State territory must be based on a general principle
good neighbor that will adequately ensure interests and welfare
rest of the world in matters of societal, economic and commercial.
The system of international guardianship.
The United Nations shall establish under its powers of the system of international
guardianship for the management and control of the territory, which this system will be
subject to each subsequent treaties. These territories shall continue to
known as trusteeship.
The basic tasks of the Trusteeship System in conformity with the objectives of the United Nations, which
provided for in article 1 of the Charter, are:
and work for) international peace and security;
(b)) podporovati the political, economic, social and educational uplift
the population of the territory of the poručenských and their gradual development to Government or
independence, according to the specific circumstances of each territory and its peoples and
freely expressed wish of the people that are running, and what will be
determined by the provisions of each ward of the Convention;
c) strengthen respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms for all,
regardless of the breed, sex, language or religion, and note that
peoples of the world depend on each other;
(d)) of the East in the field of equal treatment, social, economic and
business to all members of the United Nations and their nationals, as well as
equal treatment with them doing justice, without prejudice to
performance of the tasks referred to above, and subject to the provisions of article 80.
1. the Trusteeship system shall apply to the territory of these categories, it will be
subjected to the poručenskými conventions:
and today under the existing) territory mandate;
(b)) territories that will hopefully be kept separate from enemy States as a result
the second world war;
(c)) this system voluntarily subject to the territory of the States responsible for their
2. will the things later plays, the agreement that the territories listed categories
will be subjected to the Trusteeship System, and under what conditions.
Trusteeship system shall not apply to territories which have become members of the United
Nations because these relationships are based on complying with policies
About poručenských terms and conditions for each territory, which should be subject to
Trusteeship System, their adjustments and changes, agree with the States directly
concerned, and if the territory under mandate of any member of the United
Nations also power mandate. Approved in accordance with articles 83 and will
1. If only so it was agreed by the various poručenskými conventions referred to in
articles 77, 79 and 81 to the agreed upon which each such territory undergoing
Trusteeship System, and after a period of time before such a Convention will be negotiated, no
the provisions in this chapter cannot be interpreted as directly or indirectly,
that somehow modifies any rights of any State neb people or
the provisions of the international conventions, which are members of the
Of the United Nations.
2. paragraph 1 of this article shall not be interpreted as if they had reasons to
delay or delay in negotiations for the conclusion of conventions, the neb conventions governing
subject to a mandate or other territory of the Trusteeship System, in accordance with article 77.
Trusteeship Convention will always be obsahovati conditions under which the
Trust Territory administered by the local nobility, and determines which will be vykonávati
administration of the trust territory. Such authorities, hereinafter referred to as the administrative
families can be one or more States neb Organisation itself.
In the ward of the Convention may be marked with the neb area the area militarily
the important thing, which may include part of the neb whole trust territory, for
which Convention applies without prejudice to the specific arrangements under the special neb
1. All the tasks of the United Nations in the fields of militarily important, in that
approving the provisions of poručenských of the conventions, their adjustments and changes,
shall be exercised by the Security Council.
2. the basic objectives set out in article 76 applies to people of each area
3. subject to the provisions of poručenských conventions and without prejudice to the consideration of
security, the Security Council will use to help the Trusteeship Council
in the fields of militarily important tasks carried out by the United Nations,
resulting from the Trusteeship system relating to political affairs,
economic, social and educational.
The Board is required to that end, the nobility to ward of the territory fulfils its
the task of the maintenance of international peace and security. To the objectives of the
the administrative nobility can use volunteer forces, resources, and help
Trust Territory in carrying out the commitments which it made to the
The Security Council, as well as on the local defense and the maintenance of law and order
in the poručenském territory.
1. the tasks of the United Nations in the matter of poručenských conventions for all areas
unmarked as militarily important, including the approval of the provisions
poručenských conventions, their editing changes, shall be exercised by the neb, the General Assembly.
2. the Trusteeship Council, acting under the authority of the General Assembly, he will
pomáhati in carrying out these tasks.
1. The members of the Trusteeship Council are members of the United Nations:
and the members who manage the trusteeship territory);
(b)) of the members listed in article 23 of those who do not manage poručenských
(c)) so many other members elected for three years by the General Assembly,
you need to ensure that the total number of members of the Trusteeship
the Council will also be divided among the members of the United Nations, who Ward
manage the territory and those who no do not manage.
2. Each member of the Trusteeship Council shall designate a special person to him lately there
Tasks and powers.
Article 87 of the
The General Assembly and Trusteeship Council under the authority of, vykonávajíce
their tasks, they can:
and acting on the reports submitted by) the administrative authorities;
(b)) into the petition and zkoumati is in contact with the Advisory Board
(c)) zařizovati regular visits in their respective territories in the poručenských
the time limits agreed with the administrative authorities;
(d) the treatment of these and other) acts in accordance with the provisions of poručenských conventions.
Trusteeship Council shall prepare a questionnaire on the political, economic, social
and educational development of the inhabitants of each trust territory, which belongs to the
the scope of the General Assembly, he served on the basis of this questionnaire
an annual report.
1. Each member of the Trusteeship Council shall have one vote.
2. the Trusteeship Council shall be decided by a majority vote of those present and voting.
1. the Trusteeship Council shall act on its rules of procedure, including the
the method of election of its President.
2. the Trusteeship Council shall meet as required, in accordance with its rules of procedure
the order, which contains provisions for convening meetings at the request of a majority of
of its members.
Trusteeship Council, where appropriate, to assist the economic and social
the Council and the specific authorities in matters that concern them.
International Court of Justice.
International Court of Justice is the main judicial body of the United Nations.
It operates according to the attached terms of reference that is based on the Statute of the Standing
the Court of international justice and forms an integral part of this Charter.
1. All members of the United Nations are ipso facto parties to the
interested in participating in the Statute of the International Court of Justice.
2. A State which is not a member of the United Nations, may stand aside
interested in the Statute of the International Court of Justice, under the conditions in
each case will determine the General Assembly, on the recommendation of the Security Council.
1. each Member of the United Nations is committed to acting in accordance with the decision of the
International Court of Justice in any dispute in which it is a party.
2. If a party fails to comply in a dispute of its obligations from the award
decision handed down by the Court, the other party may turn on the Security Council,
which, if it considers it necessary, may doporučiti or decide what
measures have to be taken in order to find an effective he became.
Nothing in this Charter shall prevent members of the United Nations to nesvěřovali
the resolution of their disputes other courts on the basis of conventions already in force
or will they just agreed.
1. The General Assembly or the Security Council may požádati International
the Court of Justice to give an advisory opinion on any legal question.
2. Other organs of the United Nations and the specific authorities that may
be mandated by the General Assembly at any time, they can also insist on
opinion of the Court on legal questions arising within the scope of their
The Secretariat is composed of the Secretary-General and the officials concerned will be
Organization of potřebovati. The Secretary-General is appointed by the General
the General Assembly, on the recommendation of the Security Council. It is the main administrative
officer of the Organization.
The Secretary-General acts in this property on all meetings of the General
the Assembly, the Security Council, the economic and Social Council and Trusteeship
the Council, and shall perform all other tasks entrusted to it by the authorities.
The Secretary-General submitted to the General Assembly an annual report on the activities of the
The Secretary-General may upozorniti Security Council to every thing
that may, according to his court ohrožovati maintenance of international peace and
1. The Secretary-General and the officials, vykonávajíce Office, will not be
insist on or into the instructions from any Government or from any other
the Manor outside the Organization. Engage in any action that would
Turning on their position as international officials responsible only to the
2. each Member of the United Nations undertakes that it will dbáti exclusive
the international character of the responsibilities of the Secretary-General and the officials and that the
will not punch served to them in carrying out their task.
1. officials shall be appointed by the Secretary-General in accordance with the laws of the
laid down by the General Assembly.
2. Eligible officers permanently allocates the economic and Social Council,
Trusteeship Council, and, where appropriate, to other bodies of the United Nations. Include
to the Secretariat.
3. When receiving officials and deciding on the conditions of service shall be deemed
above all, the need to always be secured by the highest level of performance and capabilities, and
integrity. Will be duly respected the officials were picking at the
the widest possible geographical basis.
1. every treaty and every international agreement entered into by any
Member of the United Nations after that, when the Charter will take effect,
as soon as possible to register with the Secretariat and published by it will be.
2. the interested Party to the Treaty or international agreement
was not written according to the provisions of paragraph 1 of this article,
dovolávati them before any organ of the United Nations.
If there would be a conflict between the obligations of the members of the United Nations in accordance with
the present Charter and their obligations under any other international
arrangements, they have obligations under this Charter.
Organization shall enjoy in the territory of each of its members such legal
eligibility, which is to be held to their duties and fulfill its objectives.
1. the Organization shall enjoy in the territory of each of its members such privileges and freedoms concerned by
you need to meet your goals.
2. Representatives of the members of the United Nations and officials of the Organization shall enjoy
Similarly, the privileges and freedoms necessary to independently carry out their
tasks associated with Organisací.
3. The General Assembly may do the recommendations when it comes to determining how in
details of the battle dragons to paragraphs 1 and 2 of this article, or may
navrhnouti to the members of the United Nations Convention to target.
The transitional measures of security.
Before becoming effective of those special issue in article 43 of the Convention, which
Security Council after its court will allow it to carry out its task launched
in accordance with article 42, the parties involved in the four States signed the Declaration
in Moscow, 30 October 2003. October 1943, as well as France, consult in accordance with paragraph
5 this Declaration to each other, and if it is necessary, depending on the circumstances with
other members of the United Nations, for such joint action on behalf of the
Organisations, that would be needed for the maintenance of international peace and
In the case of an action against the State, which was a World War II enemy
any signatory to this Charter, nothing in this Charter does not make such
the action does not prevent defective or when it is taken or approved as
the result of that war by the Governments having responsibility for such action.
Changes to this Charter will take effect for all members of the United Nations,
When votes will be accepted two-thirds of the members of the General Assembly and to
will be ratified by two thirds of the members of the United Nations čítajíc in it
all the permanent members of the Security Council, in accordance with their constitutional rules.
1. the General Conference of the members of the United Nations Charter can the revisi
is the time and place konati, that will be determined by the votes of two-thirds of the General
Assembly and the voices of any of the nine members of the Security Council. Each
the United Nations has one vote at the Conference.
2. any alteration of the present Charter recommended by a two thirds majority,
the vote of the Conference shall take effect when it is ratified by two
thirds of the members of the United Nations, čítajíc in it the permanent members of the Council
safety, in accordance with their constitutional rules.
3. If such a conference before the tenth annual konati
session of the General Assembly, to be counted from the time when the Charter
takes effect, the proposal will be on the convening of such a Conference to put on the agenda of the
This session of the General Assembly and the Conference will konati,
If so decided by a majority vote of the members of the General Assembly and the voices
any of the seven members of the Security Council.
Ratification and signature.
1. this Charter shall be ratified by States according to their signatárními
the constitutional rules.
2. the instruments of ratification will be composed with the Government of the United States
of America, which shall notify of any composition, as well as all the signatární States
even the Secretary-General of the Organization, to be appointed.
3. this Charter shall become effective composition of ratification of the Republic of
China, France, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, the United
Kingdom of great Britannia and Northern Ireland, United States
American and most other signatárních States. The Government will then be
The United States drafted a Protocol on the composition of the instruments of ratification
documents and copies sent to all signatárním States.
4. Signatární States of this Charter, which it will be ratifikovati,
takes effect, they will become original members of the United Nations, from the day
When folds of their respective instruments of ratification.
This Charter, of which the Chinese, French, Russian, English and Spanish
text are equally authentic, shall remain deposited in the archives of the Government of the United
States of America. Duly certified copies thereof shall send that Government to the Governments of
other signatárních States.
On the conscience of the representatives of the Governments of the United Nations have signed this Charter.
Done at the city of San Francisco on the twenty-sixth of June in the year one thousand
nine hundred and forty-five.
THE STATUTE OF THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE.
International Court of Justice, the establishment of the Charter of the United Nations as the main
the judicial authority of the United Nations, is hereby established and shall work according to the
the provisions of this Statute.
Organization Of The Court.
The Court is composed of independent judges, elected, no
of their nationality, of the persons of high moral level that are
eligible to be designated in their respective countries to the highest judicial offices,
or are recognised experts in international law.
1. the Court of Justice is composed of 15 members, among which cannot be at the same time two
nationals of the same State.
2. A person who, with regard to the membership of the Court, could be regarded as
for the national more than its State, it is considered that it is a national of a
the State, which usually carries out civil and political rights.
1. The General Assembly shall elect the members of the Court and the Security Council from a list of
people, proposed by national groups in the Permanent Court of arbitration,
in accordance with the following provisions.
2. If some members of the United Nations are not represented in the Standing
the Arbitration Court, the applicant shall be proposed by the national group of experts appointed to the objectives of the
their Governments, under the same conditions as are prescribed for members
Arbitration Court, article 44 of the Convention of 1907 haažské about
peaceful solution of international disputes.
3. the conditions under which a State which is a party interested in this
of the Statute, but is not a member of the United Nations, can účastniti the election of members
The Court will be established, if not the specific agreement, by the General Assembly
on the recommendation of the Security Council.
1. At least three months before the date of the election shall invite the Secretary-General of the
The United Nations in writing to the members of the Arbitration Court of the States that
are parties to this Statute, and members of the Government group,
appointed in accordance with article 4, paragraph 2, within the time named after
State groups persons eligible to the Office of Member of the Court of ujmouti.
2. The Group may not appoint more than four people and one of them not
more than two people of their own nationality. The number of
candidates proposed by the group cannot be never more than twice
the number of seats to be filled.
It is recommended that each State group before making these suggestions,
cope with their Supreme Court of Justice, their law faculties
and schools, the national academies and the national trade unions international
academies, which are concerned with the study of law.
1. The Secretary-General shall prepare an alphabetical list of all the persons as follows
the proposed. With the exception of the provisions of article 12, paragraph 2, can be voliti
only those persons.
2. the Secretary-General shall submit this list to the General Assembly and the Council
The General Assembly and the Security Council be carried out independently of each other option
the members of the Court.
Every choice they have volitelé that not only each of the people that
to be elected, has to have the necessary capacity, but also that in the choir
as a whole have to be represented in the main forms of civilization and the principal legal
the world's economies.
1. you shall be declared elected the candidates who have achieved the overwhelming majority of votes in the
The General Assembly and in the Security Council.
2. With regard to the choice of judges or appointing members of the Committee, which negotiates
Article 12, the Security Council votes, without the difference between permanent and
non-permanent members of the security.
3. If multiple members of the same State as in the vast majority of
The General Assembly, the Security Council shall be considered only
selected the oldest of them.
If after the first electoral meeting, one or more locations
vacant, held the second and third meetings if necessary.
1. If, after the third meeting of the neb is not yet one more seats occupied,
may be at the request of the General Assembly, the Security Council whenever the neb
formed a Joint Committee of six members, three of whom shall be appointed by the General
the Assembly and three by the Security Council; the simple majority votes selects
one person for each blank space, and yet it will propose to the General
the Assembly and the Security Council for approval.
2. Agree to the mixed Committee unanimously decides to a person who meets the
the necessary conditions can be conceived to his list, even when not in
a list of the proposals referred to in article 7.
3. If the Joint Committee to believe that he fails to bring to pass
option, the members of the Court who have already been elected, will occupy within the time limit,
to be determined by the Security Council, the blanks by choosing from candidates,
who received votes in the General Assembly or the Security Council.
4. In a tie between the judges decided the oldest of them.
1. the members of the Court shall be elected for nine years and may be elected again; with that
However, the exception, that the case of the judges elected at the first election, the period shall expire five
of them by the end of the third year and at the end of the era of the second five-sixth year.
2. the judge, whose period expires at the end of the aforementioned initial
periods of three and six years of age, are selected by the Secretary-General immediately after the first election
3. the members of the Court hold office until their places will not be
occupied. And then, when they are replaced, will complete all the cases in which
4. The resignation of a member of the Court to his Office, a message shall be sent to the President of
The Court, in order to give to the Secretary-General. This last notification
Uprázdněná places to occupy the same procedure as when you first choice with
subject to the following provision: the Secretary-General shall within one month from the
now, when the abeyance, challenges set out in article 5 and the Council
Security shall determine the day of the election.
A member of the Court elected to replace a member whose official period is
not expired shall hold office for the remainder of the period of his predecessor.
1. No member of the Court cannot zastávati the political or administrative office or
be in another job that should the nature of the profession.
2. the Doubts be resolved in this matter of Justice in its decision.
1. The Court cannot, in any case before the vystupovati Court of Justice, as
an agent, adviser or legal representative.
2. no Member may not have participation in decision-making in the case in which
featured previously for one of the parties as an agent, adviser or
the legal representative of the neb, as a member of a national or International Court
the Commission of inquiry or in any other function of the neb.
3. the Doubts be resolved in this matter of Justice in its decision.
1. The Court may not be relieved of his Office, unless in accordance with
the unanimous opinion of the other members no longer meets the necessary conditions.
2. Advise the Secretary of Justice officially Secretary General.
3. this place is uprazdňuje.
Zabývajíce with the things the Court, shall enjoy diplomatic privileges and its members
Each Member of the Court, before he takes office, solemnly declared in the
public seating that will vykonávati its power impartially and
1. the Court shall elect its President and Vice-President for three years; may be
2. the Court shall appoint its Registrar and shall arrange for the appointment and, if other
1. The seat of the Court shall be established at the Hague, which, however, do not preclude the Court nezasedal
and he did not perform his Office elsewhere, whenever it considers it desirable.
2. the Chairman and the Secretary of Justice has its seat at the headquarters of the Court.
1. the Court of Justice shall sit still in addition to the judicial vacations, the time and length of
Specifies the Court.
2. the members of the Court shall be entitled to a regular vacation, the time and length of
Specifies the Court.
3. the members of the Court are required to be on hand the Court, unless they are on
vacation or preventing them from participation in disease or any other serious reason, which
properly inform the Chairman.
1. If the Court considers that it would not be of any particular
účastniti deciding on a specific reason the dispute, it shall so inform the President.
2. If the President considers that any of the members of the Court did not, for some
special reason zasedati in a particular dispute, notify him about it.
3. If, in this case, the discrepancy between the Member of the Court, and by the President, addresses the
a matter of Justice, in its decision.
1. the Court shall sit in a full count, unless the Statute explicitly specifies the
2. Provided that it does not drop the number of judges, who are on hand for
the establishment of the Court, under the order of the Court may 11, plays, that one or
more judges, depending on the circumstances can be exempt from the obligations and alternately
3. Quorum of nine judges is sufficient to establish the Court.
1. the Court may from time to time form one or more boards of appeal after three or
more judges, depending on how the Court determines, to deal with certain
categories of disputes; on BC. disputes not work matters and disputes, which
for transport and communications.
2. the Court may from time to time form the Senate to deal with a specific dispute.
The number of judges forming the Court determines such a Chamber, with the consent of the parties.
3. the Panels according to article Act and decide on disputes, if the
the parties so request.
Find one of the boards referred to in article 26 and 29 is the finding that made the
Court of Auditors.
The boards in accordance with articles 26 and 29 may, with the consent of the parties and zasedati
vykonávati Office and elsewhere than in the Hague.
In the interest of the rapid processing of forms of Justice each year on five Senate
judges, who may, at the request of the parties in disputes and acting rozhodovati
abbreviated proceedings. Moreover, it will be selected by two judges to substitute
the judge, who can not zasedati.
1. the Court's rules of procedure determines for the performance of its activities. In particular, the
order of the Court.
2. The Court may Order that the Court plays, or of one of its boards of appeal
lay judges sit without a vote.
1. the Judges of the nationality of each party will keep the right to zasedati
the dispute brought to the Court.
2. If the Court of Justice shall sit judge of the nationality of one of the parties, the second
Party may disconsolate a person who would bring as a judge. Elects the
especially from people that have been suggested as candidates in accordance with articles 4 and 5.
3. If the Court is not in session, no judge of the nationality of the parties, the
each of them is disconsolate, the judge referred to in paragraph 2 of this article.
4. The provisions of this article shall apply in the case of articles 26 and 29. In such
cases, the President shall invite one neb, if necessary, two of the members of the Court
that make up the Senate to the members of the Court retreated to the nationality of the parties,
on that run, and if there is no such, or if they cannot dostaviti, judges
the parties separately to the elect.
5. If there is a community of several parties in dispute, will be counted if
as to the preceding provisions, for one. Doubts in this
in its decision the Court to resolve the matter.
6. the elect Judges in accordance with the provisions of paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 of this article
: conform to the required conditions, must articles 2, 17 (paragraph 2), 20, and
21 of this Statute. Participate in the decision making for full equality with their
1. each Member of the Court, receive an annual salary.
2. the President shall receive special annual allowance.
3. the Vice-President receives a special allowance for each day on which the Act
as the President.
4. under article 31 of the elect Judges who are not members of the Court,
receive compensation for each day on which held office.
5. The salaries, allowances and compensation determined by the General Assembly. Cannot
be reduced throughout the period of the official period.
6. The Court shall determine the salary of the Secretary of the General Assembly on the proposal of the Court.
7. the order of the usnesený by the General Assembly shall determine the conditions under which the
provide odpočivné salaries to members and the Secretary-General of the Court, as well as the conditions
under which they paid their travel expenses.
8. The salaries, allowances and compensation are free of tax.
The court costs will be borne by the United Nations, so as to decide the General
The Jurisdiction Of The Court.
1. The parties in dispute to the Court of Justice can only be raised by States.
2. subject to and in accordance with its rules of procedure the Court may požádati public
international organisations that gave him messages on the matter raised by the litigation, and
receives such a message, if he is on his own initiative.
3. whenever it comes in some sort of dispute on the Court brought about the interpretation of the constituent
the Act of an international organization or the interpretation of certain international
the Convention, adopted on the basis of this Act, the Registrar shall advise the Court about how
the international organization shall forward to it a copy of the whole, and our written proceedings.
1. The States parties to this Statute, shall have the
access to the Court.
2. The conditions under which have access to the Court of Justice of other States, the Council,
Security subject to the provisions in the current treaties, but these
conditions shall not never způsobiti uneven position of the parties before the Court of Justice.
3. When a State is a party to the dispute, which is not a member of the United Nations,
The Court shall fix the amount which that party has přispěti to the cost of the Court.
This provision shall not apply if the State already has a share of the cost
1. The jurisdiction of the Court comprises all disputes, which the parties
lift up, and all the questions about which is the Charter of the United Nations or
a valid contract and the Convention.
2. the States which are parties to this Statute, may
at any time, make a Mormon out that recognize against any other State, that
accepts the same obligation, binding ipso facto and without special agreement
the jurisdiction of the Court in all legal disputes concerning:
and the interpretation of some of the Treaty);
(b)) any question of international law;
(c)) the fact of any fact which, if established, would be
He set up a breach of any international obligation;
(d) the nature or extent of compensation) for the breach of an international obligation.
3. the Above Declaration in question can be made unconditionally or with
the condition of reciprocity with neb by a certain State or in
a period of time.
4. this declaration shall be deposited with the Secretary-General of the United Nations,
who shall deliver its copies to interested parties to the Statute and the Secretary of the
5. A declaration under article 36 of the Statute of the Permanent Court of international
Justice, which are still in force, you must have considered that the
with regard to the parties involved in this Statute, they have adopted a binding
the jurisdiction of the International Court of Justice at the time that this
the Declaration have yet to pay through the nose, according to their wording.
6. If a dispute arises as to the jurisdiction of the Court of Justice to resolve your question,
Whenever a valid agreement NEB. Convention stipulates that a question has
be brought to the Court, which was to be set up By the Nations, or
the Permanent Court of international justice, the issue will be raised, if
as for the parties involved in this Statute, the International Court of Justice.
1. the Court of Justice, whose task is to rozhodovati disputes under international law,
that are submitted to it, takes the substrate:
and the International Convention, whatever) General or specific, laying down rules
expressly recognized by States in dispute;
(b)) the international practice as proof of a general practice accepted as law;
(c)), the General principles of law recognized by the civilisovanými peoples;
d) subject to article 59, judicial decisions and doctrine of most
skilled writers of different Nations as an aid for identifying
2. This provision is obstructing the powers of the Court to any dispute
did not decide ex aequo et bono, if the parties agree.
1. The official language of the Court is French and English. If the parties agree
the parties to the dispute being discussed in French, find in
French. If the parties agree, to fight in English, finding
sentence in English.
2. If there is no agreement on the language, which has to be applied, each party may
at the hearing, which the language battle dragons prefer; the decision of the Court
will be issued in French or English. The Court also determines which of the two
texts shall be considered authentic.
3. the Court will allow any party upon its request to use another
a language other than French or English.
1. disputes with hovering on the Court according to the circumstances, either by notice
that is about a specific agreement or by filing the pleas addressed to the Secretary-General
The Court. In either case, let there be marked subject matter, as well as the party.
2. The Secretary of the Justice Administration shall send forthwith to all concerned.
3. Give him also a message to the members of the United Nations through the General
the Secretary-General, as well as all the other States that are entitled to
vystupovati in front of the Court.
1. If the Court considers that the circumstances so require, shall be entitled to make
marked all interim measures which do need to be on the conservation
the respective rights of each party.
2. Subject to the final decision on the proposed measures can be immediately
report to the parties and the Security Council.
1. the parties are represented by agents. They may have before the Court of Justice to
assistance of an adviser or legal representative.
2. agents, advisers and legal representatives of the parties before the Court, enjoy the
the privileges and freedoms, of which they need to independently carry out their
1. the procedure consists of two parts, written and oral.
2. the written procedure depends on the fact that the Court and the Parties shall forward to the writings,
protispisy and even if replicas; also all the documents and
3. the Registrar of the Court shall be sent through in the show, and within the time limits laid down
The Court of Justice.
4. A certified copy of each document to be submitted by one party, be sent to the
with the second.
5. Oral proceedings depends on that Court to hear witnesses, experts, agents,
Advisor and legal counsel.
1. In the case of service of any notice to persons other than the agents,
advisors and legal representatives, the Court directly to the Government of the State, on the
the territory has to be transmitted.
2. the same provision shall apply whenever it is necessary to arrange somehow that they are provided with
parades on the spot.
The oral proceedings governed by the Chairman, or if the předsedati, Vice Chairman.
If it cannot předsedati any of them, shall be chaired by the oldest of the senior
the judges present.
Oral proceedings before the Court shall be public, unless the Court decides otherwise, or
the parties asked that the public was excluded.
1. For each trial, the Protocol that leads shall be signed by the Secretary of Justice and the
2. This Protocol is authentic.
Justice plays the regulation on the management of the dispute decides how and when each party
must make final proposals, and arranging things in the accompanying
Court may, even before the beginning of the oral proceedings, the call upon the agent to
submit all documents and to supply all explanations. If it is
expressly denied, it detects.
The Court may at any time pověřiti of the individual, body, authority, Committee or other
organization that chooses to carry out investigation or dali expert
At the oral proceedings, witnesses and experts, serious questions for
conditions determined by the Court of Justice in a judicial procedure concerned in article 30.
When the Court received within the time limit designated for that evidence and parades, may
zamítnouti additional oral or written parades, which offers one of the
party, unless the other agrees.
1. If one of the parties fails to appear or not at all when you can defend your
the other party to insist that the Court ruled in favor of its proposals.
2. before doing so, the Court must assure not only that the
in accordance with articles 36 and 37, but also that the claim is based on
the facts and the law.
1. when the agents, advisers and lawyers for the management of the Court interpreted the
the Court of its position in the dispute, the President shall declare the oral proceedings for the
2. the Court removes the consultation about the award.
3. Úrada Court is non-public and remains a secret.
1. all questions shall be decided by a majority of the judges present.
2. the equality of votes the Chairman or the judge who
1. The award shall state the grounds on which it is based.
2. Contains the names of the judges who participated in the decision-making.
If the award does not represent in whole or in part the unanimous opinion of
judges, each judge has the right to a different opinion;.
The award shall be signed by the Chairman and the Secretary of Justice. Is declared in the public
the seating position, were previously agents properly informed.
The Court's decision is binding only on the parties and only with regard to a particular
Article 60 of the
The finding is final and without appeal. If there is a dispute about the meaning or reach of
the award, interpreted by the Court, at the request of either party.
1. the application for the award, to be given revisi only when it is based on the
that was discovered some fact of decisive importance that at the time,
When was finding vynášen, was unknown to the Court and the party requesting the revisi,
However, if this ignorance resulted from negligence.
2. the procedure for initiating revisi finding justice, which explicitly finds
There's a new fact, admits her such that justifies
revisi, and declares that, because of this, the application is admissible.
3. the Court may insist that before enabling the revisní control, was granted
the provisions of the award.
4. the application must be submitted to the revisi no later than six months after that,
When the new fact discovered.
5. a request may not be made anymore revisi when uplynule ten years from the
the date of the award.
1. If a State had any interest of a legal nature
could be affected by a decision in a dispute of which it is running, the požádati of Justice
for permission to intervene.
2. the Court of Justice to rule on the request.
1. whenever it comes to the interpretation of the Convention, in which parties others than those
affected by the dispute, the Secretary of Justice shall forthwith notify all such States.
2. Any State which receives such a notice, has the right to intervenovati in
the proceedings; If, however, it is the interpretation of the findings also
Each Party shall bear its own costs unless the Court decides otherwise.
1. the Court may credit opinion on any legal question at the request of
any body which is the Charter or under the Charter of the United
Nations shall be entitled to insist on it.
2. Questions about the claimed from the Court opinion, he shall submit the
a written submission accurately vykládajícím the question, which it is, and accompanied
all of the documents that it can objasniti.
1. The Court shall notify the Registrar immediately on the request for an advisory opinion to all States
having the right vystupovati in front of the Court.
2. Any State which is entitled to vystupovati in front of the Court, or
International Organization of which the Court is not in session or, if the Chairman
they believe that it can offer on the issue of information, it shall notify
the Secretary of Justice, the special and direct communication that is a Court willing to
within the time limit laid down by its Chairman ye interpretations written or in the public
the seating position to target held vyslechnouti oral interpretations of the question.
3. If the State authorized vystupovati before the Court of Justice, did not get
specific communication concerned in paragraph 1 of this article, you may express
wish that could be předložiti a written interpretation or heard; Court about how
4. the States and organisacím, which filed the written or oral explanations or
both will be allowed to give the go-ahead on the interpretations made in other
States or organisations, in a way, to the extent and within the time limit which
Decides in each individual case, the Court is not in session, to the neb, his
the President of the. Therefore, the Secretary of Justice shall communicate such written interpretations of States in a timely manner
and organisacím, which have presented similar interpretations.
The court announces its opinions in a public seat, when he was about this before
informed the Secretary-General and the representatives of the members of the United Nations, other
States and international organisací, which directly concerned.
Vykonávaje its advisory task, Justice, governed by the provisions of this
the Statute, which applies in cases of disputed if it is recognised as applicable.
Amendments to this Statute shall be made by the same procedure, which is intended by the Charter
The United Nations for its amendment, subject to those provisions,
that would be adopted by the General Assembly, on the recommendation of the Security Council in
the case of the participation of States which are parties to this
of the Statute, but not members of the United Nations.
Court has jurisdiction to navrhovati changes to this status, that it deems
necessary, by means of written communications to the Secretary-General, to
It was consulted pursuant to the provisions of article 69.
Search Translated Laws of Czech Republic