Read the untranslated law here: https://portal.gov.cz/app/zakony/download?idBiblio=40611&nr=20~2F1993~20Sb.&ft=txt
The Czech National Council
of 20 December. December 1992
about security in the exercise of State administration in the field of technical standardisation,
Metrology and State testing
Modified: 22/1997 Coll.
Change: 121/2000 Coll.
Change: 137/2002 Sb.
Change: 250/2014 Sb.
The Czech National Council decided on the following Act:
Part the first
(1) there is hereby established the Office for standards, metrology and
testing (hereinafter referred to as "the authority") as an administrative office is located in Prague,
that is subordinated to the Ministry of industry and trade (hereinafter referred to as
"the Ministry"). The Office is an entity.
(2) at the head of the Office of the President; his selection, appointment and removal shall be governed by
the law on the civil service.
State administration bodies in the field of technical standardisation, metrology and
State testing are
and) the Ministry,
The scope of State administration bodies in the field of technical standardisation,
Metrology and State testing
The Ministry in the field of technical standardisation, metrology and State
and draws up a proposal for the design) development of this sector,
b) controls the authority and Czech metrology Institute,
(c)) shall decide on appeals against decisions of the Office. ^ 2)
The Office in the field of technical standardisation, metrology and State
and manages and secures the Metrology) within the scope of a particular legal
Regulation, ^ 3)
(b)) provides consistency and correctness of the specified measuring instruments and measurement and
performance of State Metrology within the scope of the law, ^ 3)
(c)) shall decide on appeals against decisions of the metrological
authorities, ^ 7)
(d) Organization of training) for receipt of technical regulations
Of the European communities this received government regulations,
e) contractually ensures tasks arising from international conventions, which
the Czech Republic is bound, and the tasks arising from the requirements of the ministries
and other central administrative authorities.
Transitional and final provisions
(1) income and assessments relating to the set of measuring instruments and products
subject to approval or mandatory certification issued by the Federal
authority for standardization and measurement according to present regulations remain
continue in effect.
(2) if it is in revenue or assessments referred to in paragraph 1 appears as
national service organization based in the Slovak Republic,
the application for the approval or certification of Authority mandatory.
(1) technical standards issued before the effective date of this Act pursuant to
the existing regulations remain in force.
(2) the Czechoslovak technical standards shall be considered as the date of entry into force of
This Act for the Czech technical standards; symbol "CSN"
does not change.
Certificate of authorization and accreditation ^ 11) issued by the Federal Office for the
standardization and measurement according to the existing laws of the entities established in
The Czech Republic shall remain in effect.
Administrative acts issued pursuant to the law on metrology and the State
testing before the effective date of this Act shall remain in force.
This Act shall take effect on 1 January 2000. January 1993.
2) Act No. 71/1967 Coll., on administrative proceedings (administrative code).
3) Act No. 506/1990 Coll., on weights and measures, as amended by Act No. 121/2000 Coll.
7) § 4 paragraph 2. 1 Act No. 506/1990 Coll.
11) § 13 para. 2 (a). (c)), § 16, 20 and 21 of Act No. 506/1990 Coll.
Search Translated Laws of Czech Republic