The Czech National Council
of 7 November. November 1991
of Czech Radio
Change: 253/1994 Coll.
Change: 301/1995 Sb.
Change: 192/2002 Sb.
Change: 127/2005 Coll.
Change: 196/2009 Sb.
Change: 79/2015 Sb.
The Czech National Council decided on the following Act:
(1) there is hereby established the Czech Radio in Prague.
(2) the Czech Radio is a legal entity, which is running its own
the property, which the asset is transferred from the Czechoslovak
radio. ^ 1) Czech Radio's own acts acquires rights and undertakes to.
(3) the State is not liable for the obligations of the Czech radio and Czech Radio
is not responsible for obligations of the State.
(1) provides a service to the public Czech radio production and dissemination
radio programs, or other multimedia content, and
ancillary services throughout the territory of the Czech Republic and abroad (hereinafter
"the public service in the field of radio broadcasting").
(2) the main tasks of the public services in the field of radio broadcasting are
in particular, the
and the provision of objective, verified), on the whole, balanced and
versatile information for free creating views
(b) contributing to the legal consciousness) of the population of the Czech Republic,
c) production and dissemination of programmes and the provision of a balanced menu shows
for all groups of the population with regard to their religious freedom
religion, culture, ethnic or national origin, the national
identity, social origin, age, and gender, so that these programs and
the shows reflect the diversity of opinions and political, religious,
the philosophical and artistic movements, in order to strengthen the mutual
understanding and tolerance and promoting the coherence of the pluralistic society,
(d) the development of the cultural identity of the inhabitants of) the United States, including
members of national or ethnic minorities,
e) production and broadcasting in particular, news, current affairs,
documentary, dramatic, artistic, sporting, entertainment and
educational programmes and programmes for children and youth.
(1) the Czech Radio meets the public service radio
broadcast, in particular by
and analog radio broadcasts), operates with the use of part of the
the frequency spectrum towards the territory of the Czech Republic three
the nationwide radio programs in a zone of very high frequency and
radio programmes are broadcasted in zone, regional studies very
short wave, through the provincial broadcasting radio
device, or through other technical means;
Czech Radio can broadcast even in the band long and medium waves,
(b) the broadcast of the radio program) has focused exclusively on the
News, current affairs and educational programmes through
terrestrial broadcasting of radio equipment using frequency parts
the spectrum in the band of very high frequency in the range permitted by the appropriate
radio frequencies obtained by optimizing its own broadcasting network for
conditions, it does not reduce the extent of the coverage of the United States
provided for in this law, and the radio frequencies of the newly found Czech
Radio on its costs, but not to the extent of the regional
the radio broadcast ^ 4); This program can also spread the Český rozhlas
through the provincial broadcasting radio equipment using parts
the frequency spectrum in the band medium-sized waves and through other
of electronic communications networks in the range of nationwide radio
the broadcast provided for in this Act,
(c)) provides digital terrestrial radio broadcasts disseminating 3
nationwide radio programme, referred to in point (a)),
through the public service multiplex; ^ 1a) in addition to these
radio programmes Czech Radio has the right to propagate through
public service multiplex other radio programs, other
multimedia content and additional services; radio programs, other
multimedia content and value-added services distributed through
Multiplex can the public service Czech Radio also digitally distribute
through other electronic communications networks,
d) operates a terrestrial digital broadcasting so as to ensure the fulfilment of the
public service tasks in the field of radio broadcasting, which corresponds to the
the State of development of broadcasting technologies and services. Using, in particular,
part of the frequency spectrum towards the territory of the Czech Republic
radio programs and other content in the zone designated by the national
frequency table for terrestrial digital radio broadcasting,
in particular, in the III. tv zone
e) establishes a network of own newsletters,
(f)) creates archives, keeps them involved in their use of
as part of the national cultural heritage,
g) broadcasts works of domestic and foreign production,
h) provides at least one programme broadcast a 24-hour
program service, including current news,
I) operates in the fields of new broadcasting technologies and services.
(2) broadcasting of Czech radio operates on one
a radio programme in the zone of short waves through the Earth
broadcast radio equipment, where appropriate, through other
technical means. Broadcasts must meet the conditions of §
2 (2). 2 (a). and) and c) and to contribute to promoting the good name of the Czech
of the Republic.
(3) a State authority, which carries out the management of the frequency spectrum by
a special legal regulation, ^ 1b) reserves after previous consent of the Council
for radio and television broadcasts for the Czech radio frequencies
to allow the operation of analogue radio broadcasting in the range
provided for in paragraph 1 (b). a) and in paragraph 2. Frequencies in the range, and
under the conditions laid down in paragraph 1 (b). (b)) or in the zone of long and
medium-sized waves reserves only if the Czech Radio.
(4)-edge radio program for the purposes of this Act, the
radio program, whose broadcasts can receive at least 95% of the population
The United States counted by the data resulting from the last
Census. ^ 1 c)
The Czech Radio Council
(1) the Authority which exercises the right of public inspection activities
The Czech Radio Czech Radio Council (hereinafter referred to as "the Council"). The Council has
nine members. Members of the Council are elected and recalled by the Chamber of deputies of the Parliament of the
The Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as "Chamber of Deputies"), so that in the
represented major regional, political, social, and cultural controversy
(2) Proposals of candidates for the members of the Council shall be submitted to the Chamber of Deputies
organisations and associations representing cultural, regional, social,
trade unions, employers, religious, educational, scientific, ecological,
and national interests. Proposals may be submitted within 15 days from the date of
publication of the call of the President of the Chamber of deputies to submit proposals
in the manner prescribed by resolution of the Chamber of Deputies.
(3) a member of the Council can be elected citizen of the Czech Republic, which
a) is competent to perform legal acts,
(b)) has a permanent residence in the territory of the Czech Republic, and
(c)) is blameless; for integrity is not the one who was lawfully
convicted of a crime committed intentionally, if his conviction for
This offence was not zahlazeno to him or for any other reason
It does not look as if he has been convicted, and one who does not meet the requirements laid down in
Special Act. ^ 1 d)
(4) the members of the Council shall be elected from among the candidates proposed pursuant to paragraph 2, and
it for a term of 6 years, with every 2 years is chosen one
one third of the members; they may be re-elected, but not more than two
consecutive term. On the space uprázdněná for reasons other than
for the expiry of the term of Office of the new members are elected for a period of
remaining until the end of the term of the Member whose place is
uprázdnilo; If this time is less than 1 year, limiting options
renewed does not apply. In the case of an Appeal Board under section 6 (1). 3 and
the subsequent election of all the members of the Council the Council at its first meeting shall determine by lot the
3 members of the Council with the term of 2 years, 3 members with a term of 4
years and 3 members with a term of 6 years.
(5) the Council is responsible of its activities to the Chamber of Deputies.
(6) the membership of the Council is a public function. ^ 2) in connection with its
performance is for the members of the Council a reasonable reward, whose amount being determined by its
by order of the Chamber of Deputies.
(7) the Council shall elect the Chairman and Vice-Chairmen and dismisses them.
(1) the membership of the Council is incompatible with the function of President of the Republic,
a Deputy or Senator, Member of the Government, a judge, a Prosecutor, a member of the
The Supreme Audit Office, Member of the Bank Board of the Czech National Bank,
The Ombudsman, with any of the functions in the public administration, with the function of
Member of the Council for radio and television broadcasting, a member of the Board of the Czech
television, the Czech News Agency Board Member, with the function of the
Director of Czech television, and with the function of Member of the Supervisory Commission of the Czech television
or member of the Supervisory Commission of the Czech Radio.
(2) The Council shall not hold any function in political parties or
in political movements, social organizations and associations,
citizens ' initiatives, and so on, should not act on their behalf
or to act in their favour or in favour of other group
interests in the performance of his duties in the Council; must also not be a member of the company,
active in the field of mass media, or
represent business interests that could conflict with the performance of his
function or could adversely affect his impartiality and
the objectivity of decision-making. With the exception of cash payments
connection with the performance of a function under this Act, must not be a member of the Council of
or a person close to him ^ 3) none of the property benefits from the operation of
the radio broadcast.
(3) a Board member or a person close to him ^ 3) must not be in employment
or other similar relationship to the Czech Radio, even two years after the
termination of membership in the Council.
(1) membership in the Council shall be terminated:
and the date of expiry of term of Office)
(b) immediately following the date) the date of receipt in writing by
resignation to the President of the Chamber of Deputies,
(c) the reference from the function)
(d) the date on which a member) of the Council no longer meets the conditions for election to the
a member of the Council as set out in section 4, paragraph 4. 3,
(2) a member of the Council of the Chamber of deputies must withdraw its function
and if stopped) meet the prerequisites for becoming a member of the Council
laid down in paragraph 5,
(b)) to seriously undermine the dignity of a member of the Council or of the
committed to such actions, which calls into question his independence
or impartiality in the performance of the functions of a Council Member,
(c) if he does not pursue) for more than 3 months.
(3) the Chamber of Deputies may appeal the Council, if the Council fails to fulfil its repeatedly
the obligations established by this Act, or if the Chamber of Deputies
twice in a row does not approve an annual report on the activities of Czech Radio
or annual report on Czech Radio economic management.
(1) the activities of the Council are governed by the rules of procedure, the Council shall, within thirty
days from the beginning of his term of Office.
(2) the Board shall take decisions by an absolute majority of its
Members, with the exception of decisions on the appointment and dismissal of the
Director of Czech Radio (hereinafter referred to as "the Director General"), which is
must have at least 6 vote of the members of the Council.
(3) the meetings of the Council shall be public. The public may be based on the resolution of the
The Council of the entire acts or of its parts excluded, if they are discussed
fact protected under special legislation. ^ 3a) the person
that distorts the public hearing, the Chairperson may admonish and
repeated public hearing report of meeting space.
(4) the meetings of the Council takes a President write, part of which are not
fact, protected by special legal regulations. The minutes of the
meetings of the Council, approved the documents referred to in section 8, where appropriate, the Council resolution on
the exclusion of the public from its conduct must be no later than 3 days from the
date of Board meeting available manner allowing remote access.
(1) the powers of the Council include:
and) to appoint or remove the Chief Executive and his proposal from the Director
Radio studies of Czech Radio ("radio");
decision on the appeal in writing to the Director-General must be justified by the
and at the latest within 7 days from the date of its delivery to the Director
published by the Council in a manner allowing remote access,
b) revenue and expenditure account and approve the budget of Czech radio and check
implementation of the budget of the Czech Radio,
(c) to approve the proposal) Director General Statute of Czech Radio
(d)) to submit for approval to the Chamber of deputies of the Czech Radio Code,
which lays down the principles the fulfilment of public service broadcasting
broadcast; violations of the code, the Czech Radio is classified as
misconduct by a special Act, ^ 3b)
(e) to approve the proposals of the Director-General) for the establishment or revocation of
Radio studies (§ 9 para. 8) and proposals referred to in § 9 para. 7,
f) decide on complaints relating to the Director,
g) to oversee the performance of public service tasks in the field of radio
broadcasts (article 2 and 3) and to the fulfilment of the principles resulting from the code of the Czech
radio and for this purpose to make recommendations concerning the programme
h) approve long-term plans of the programme, technical and economic
I set up the Supervisory Commission) (§ 8a) and fix the amount of the remuneration of the members of the supervisory
the Commission (section 8a (7)),
(j)) to determine the salary of the Director General.
(2) the Council shall submit to the Chamber of Deputies an annual report on the activities of the
Czech radio to 31. March immediately following calendar
year, and an annual report on Czech Radio economic management to 31. August
the immediately following calendar year. These annual reports must
be not later than 3 days from the date of approval by the Council stated the way
allowing remote access.
(3) the costs of the activities of the Council and on the remuneration of its members, as well as costs
the activities of the Supervisory Commission and on the remuneration of its members, shall be financed from the Special
appropriations of Czech Radio (hereinafter referred to as "the budget").
(4) the Council and its members shall not directly intervene in the creation and broadcast of
The Supervisory Commission
(1) the Supervisory Commission is an advisory body of the Council in matters of control
Czech Radio economic management. Its task is to monitor whether they are effectively
and efficiently used by the funds and property of Czech Radio.
The Supervisory Commission shall notify the Council of the deficiencies observed and
submit proposals to remove them.
(2) the Supervisory Commission shall have five members, who are elected and dismissed by the Council.
Member of the Supervisory Commission is a public function. ^ 2)
(3) the members of the Supervisory Board are elected for a term of 2 years, and even
again, but not for more than 2 consecutive terms of Office. For
the election of a member of the Supervisory Board of the Commission and for the performance of this function applies
the assumptions set out in section 4, paragraph 4. 3 and section 5 apply mutatis mutandis. For the demise of the function
Member of the Supervisory Commission shall apply mutatis mutandis to section 6 (1). 1 and 2.
(4) the Supervisory Commission elect from among its members and recalls its Chairman and
Vice-Chairman, representing the Chairman of the Supervisory Board meetings including the management
of the Commission. The Supervisory Commission also adopts its rules of procedure.
(5) the Supervisory Commission shall meet whenever requested in writing at least 2 of the
its members at least once in each calendar month. The negotiations
the Supervisory Commission shall not be public, and the President is obliged to take out
each meeting registration.
(6) the Commission's Supervisory Board is quorate with the presence of the President or
Vice-Presidents and at least 2 other members; a resolution adopted by a majority
votes of members present, in case of equality of votes
(7) the amount of the remuneration of the members of the Supervisory Board of the Commission the Council shall determine.
(8) the members of the Supervisory Commission may consult all documents, accounting
documents related to accounting and records on data carriers of the Czech
radio and require written explanations from the employees of the Czech
radio. Czech Radio staff are required to provide to the members
the Supervisory Commission copies of the requested documents, as well as the Czech Radio
(9) on the facts established in the performance checks are members of the supervisory
the Commission must maintain confidentiality, if they were not this obligation
exempted from the President of the Council. Obligation of confidentiality shall survive the termination of
the function of the Supervisory Commission.
(10) the Supervisory Commission shall report in writing to the Council on its activities for each
calendar quarter by the 10th day of the second month after the end of
quarter. As the basis for an annual report on the management of the Czech
radio is the Supervisory Commission shall transmit to the Council its analysis management
Czech Radio 30. June immediately following
of the calendar year.
Remuneration and other formalities connected with the performance of the functions of the Council and with the Member
Member of the supervisory function of the Commission
(1) a member of the Council belong to the monthly remuneration in an amount that is 1. January to
December 31 of the calendar year is determined as the product of the average
gross monthly wages of the employees of Czech Radio for
the previous calendar year (hereinafter referred to as "the average monthly wage") and
established depending on responsibilities and performance
carried out by a member of the Council (hereinafter referred to as "compensation factor"). Remuneration shall
rounded up to $ 100 and up.
(2) the amount of the average monthly wage in the Czech Radio always publishes 31.
January of the calendar year in a manner allowing remote
(3) the remuneration referred to in paragraph 1, the Coefficient shall be fixed
Member of the Council) of 0.80,
(b) the Vice-President of the Council of) 1.03,
(c) the President of the Council) of 1.27.
(4) the amount of the remuneration of the members of the Supervisory Board of the Commission the Council shall determine.
(5) a member of the Council and the Member of the Supervisory Commission for the compensation of travel
expenses related to the performance of functions in the same range as
employees under special legislation ^ 3b). The journey from the place of
stay at the Board meeting, Board meeting, and the path to the location of the meetings of the Council
stay for the purposes of provision of travel expenses deemed employment
(6) a member of the Council and a member of the Supervisory Commission
any other act in the public interest under special legislation ^ 3b).
The employer shall provide a member of the Council and the Member of the Supervisory Board of the Commission work
No refund of wages.
(7) the remuneration and other formalities associated with the exercise of the functions of the Council and with the Member
Member of the supervisory function, the Commission provides the members of the Council and members of the
the Supervisory Commission the Czech Radio. Remuneration and other essentials by the phrase
the first shall be payable in the date of the regular payday salary employees
The Czech Radio.
(1) a statutory body of the Czech Radio Director General. At the time of
absence represents the Director's authorized representative.
(2) from its activities is the responsibility of the Council and the Director-General has the right to
attend its meetings.
(3) The Director General shall apply the provisions of the labour code,
unless otherwise provided by this Act.
(4) the Director General shall be appointed by the Council from among the candidates meeting the
requirements laid down in section 4, paragraph 4. 3 on the basis of the results of the selection procedure for the
the term of Office of 6 years.
(5) the Director is incompatible with membership in the Council; for
her performance is true the assumptions set out in section 5 apply mutatis mutandis.
(6) the Director may be removed from Office by the Council, in particular the
If it fails repeatedly, Czech radio public service tasks in the field of
the radio broadcast under this Act (sections 2 and 3) or obligations
resulting from specific legislation ^ 3 c) or if it does not
their programmes, the principles of the code of Czech Radio. The Council revokes the
the Director, if the Director violates its obligations
laid down by law or statute of the Czech Radio, or if it stops
meet the conditions for the performance of functions provided for in this law.
(7) to the letting of immovable property for a period exceeding 3 months or to dispose of,
where appropriate, the load of real estate or their parts needs General
the Director of the Council's prior consent, otherwise the act invalid.
(8) the Director-General with the previous consent of the Council, and shall be repealed;
Radio studies except for cancellation of the experimentation in the headquarters
(9) in the cases provided for in the Statute of the Czech Radio Director General
appoints and dismisses the head of the Czech Radio staff in consultation with the
By the Council.
(10) the directors of the radio studios and the persons referred to in paragraph 9 shall
comply with the requirements laid down in section 4, paragraph 4. 3.
(11) if the Director General of the surrender or function from a function
revoked, or if the Office of the Director-General to the expiration of
term of Office, or as a result of his death, the Board shall appoint an interim
Director of Czech Radio (hereinafter referred to as "Interim Manager"), which
performs the function of the Director until the appointment of a new
the Director-General. The new Director-General, the Council is required to
designate no later than 3 months from the date on which the function is released
(12) The interim Director shall apply, mutatis mutandis, paragraphs 1 to 9.
The financing of Czech Radio
(1) the financial resources of the Czech radio are in particular:
and) radio charges levied by a special legal regulation, ^ 3d)
(b) income from custom) business.
(2) the costs associated with broadcasting of Czech Radio in accordance with § 3 (1). 2
shall be borne by the State budget of the Czech Republic.
(1), Czech Radio is entitled, under the conditions laid down
law of business activity that is related to the subject
its activities and that it must not compromise its tasks (section 2 of this Act).
(2) the financial resources used by the Czech radio to the performance of its tasks pursuant to §
2 and 3.
(1) a part of Czech Radio in particular, radio in the headquarters
counties, or radio studios, established on the basis of § 9 para. 8 of this
(2) the Director of the Radio Studio is entitled to do on behalf of the Czech
Radio legal acts concerning the radio studios, with the exception of
the alienation and the burden of real estate. The Director of the radio studios is behind the
the activities of the radio studios to the Director responsible.
(3) the Radio studios are within the framework of its activities in accordance with similar permissions
§ 3 para. 1 with the exception of letters), b) and (f)).
(4) the share of all radio broadcasting studies on national broadcast
circuits, except for the heading of the news-current affairs, must be
at least 30% of the total broadcasting time of Czech Radio in the monthly
of the total.
section 13 of the
Czech Radio can use its technical and production base only
accordance with this Act (sections 2 and 3).
Common and final provisions
(1) the Czech National Council shall elect within one month from the effective date of this
law advice. The Council shall appoint, within one month from the date of his election
(2) until the appointment of the Director controls the interim Director of Czech Radio,
by the Czech National Council. The interim Director of the nepříslušejí
permission according to § 8 para. 1 of this Act.
This Act shall take effect on 1 January 2000. January 1992.
Selected provisions of the novel
Article II of Act No 192/2002 Sb.
The Czech Radio Council set up under the previous provisions shall be deemed to
for the Council under this Act. Within 6 months from the entry into force of this
the Law Council members their ratios in accordance with this Act.
§ 178 of Act No. 127/2005 Coll.
(1) the Czech Radio will launch digital broadcasting radio programs
referred to in § 3 (1). 1 (b). (b)) Law No 484/1991 Coll., on the Czech
radio, in the version in force from the date of entry into force of this Act,
gradually according to their economic, organizational and technical preparedness.
(2) the conditions for the dissemination of its programmes, where appropriate, additional multimedia
content and additional services through public service multiplex
shall negotiate with Czech television, Czech Radio contract. Both parties certified
the design of this Treaty the Director-General shall submit to the Czech Radio
information of the Czech Radio Council at least 30 days before the agreed date
the launch of the Earth's digital radio broadcasting of Czech Radio.
Article. IV of Act No. 196/2009 Sb.
For the purposes of determining the amount of the remuneration of members of the Council of the Czech Radio at the time from the
the effective date of this Act, until 31 December 2006. January 2010 at an average
the gross monthly wage of employees in accordance with § 8b paragraph. 1 Act No. 484/1991
Coll., on the Czech Radio, in the version in force from the date of entry into force of
This Act shall be deemed to amount to 28 232 €.
1) § 4 of law No 136/1991 Coll., on the Division of competence between the Czech and
Slovak Federal Republic and the Czech Republic and the Slovak
Republic in matters of the press and other information resources.
1A) § 3 (1). 1 (b). (b)) law no 483/1991 Coll., on the Czech television, in
1B) Act No. 127/2005 Coll., on electronic communications and amending
some related laws (Act on electronic communications).
1 c) § 12 para. 2 of Act No. 89/1995 Coll., on State statistical service, in
1 d) Act No. 451/1991 Coll., laying down some other assumptions
to perform certain functions in State bodies and organizations of the Czech and
Slovak Federal Republic, the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic,
in the wording of later regulations.
2) § 124 para. 1 of the labour code.
3) section 116 of the civil code.
for example, section 3A) 17 to 20 of the commercial code, Act No. 148/1998 Coll., on
protection of classified information and on the amendment to certain acts, as amended by
amended, Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the protection of personal data and
amending certain laws, as amended.
3B) Act No. 262/2006 SB., labour code, as amended.
3 c) for example, Act No. 468/1991 Coll., on radio and
of television broadcasting activities, as amended, law No. 40/1995
Coll., on regulation of advertising and amending and supplementing Act No. 468/1991 Coll., on the
the operation of radio and television broadcasting, as subsequently amended
the regulations, as amended.
3D) Act No. 249/1994 Coll., on radio and television fees in
4) § 2 (2). 1 (b). e) of Act No. 231/2001 Coll., on the operation of
radio and television broadcasting, and amending other laws, as amended by