of 27 June. March 1990
on the right of the petitions
The Federal Assembly of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic has resolved
to this Act:
(1) everyone has the right, alone or jointly with the other trend at the State
authorities with requests, proposals and complaints in matters of public or other
of common interest, which belong to the scope of those bodies (hereinafter referred to as
(2) a legal person may exercise this right, if it is in accordance with the
the objective of their activities.
(3) the Petition shall not interfere with the independence of the Court.
(4) the Petition must not encourage violations of the Constitution and the laws, denial or
restriction of personal, political or other rights of citizens for their
nationality, gender, race, origin, political or other opinion,
religion and social status, or to the incitement of hatred and
for these reasons, intolerance or violence or gross neslušnosti.
In the performance of the relevant law must not be hindered by anyone. Exercise of this right
must not be to the detriment of anyone.
The Committee on Petitions
(1) to build the petition signatures, under the measures, the delivery of the petition
authority and dealing with it, citizens can create a Committee on Petitions.
(2) the Committee on Petitions is not a legal person.
(3) the members of the Committee on Petitions are required to designate a person 18 years or older,
who will represent the Member in contact with State authorities.
Signature collection under the petition
(1) a citizen or the Committee on Petitions can each in a way that does not contradict the
the law, encourage citizens to petition your signature. For signature
under the petition of citizen shall indicate your name, surname and place of residence. Must be
to the content of the petition before signing properly acquainted. To
the signature must not be forced in any way.
(2) if the petition sheets do not contain the text of the petition, must be marked
so, to make it clear what is to be supported by the signatures of the petition; In addition to the
them must bear the name, surname and residence of the person who petition
compiled, or name, surname and residence of the person who is entitled to the members of the
the Committee on Petitions on the subject of representation.
(3) for the purpose referred to in paragraph 1 may be petitions and petition sheets
exposed to places accessible to the public. This is not to be
enable the public authority, however, must not impair the operation of motor
and other vehicles and to disturbance of public order.
(4) by collecting signatures on a site accessible to the public can be
entrusted to a person who has reached the age of 16 years.
The submission and settlement of petitions
(1) a petition must be in writing and must be below the name, surname and
residence of the person who served it; If a petition to the Committee on Petitions,
name, surname and residence of all the members of the Committee, and the name, surname and
place of residence of the person who is entitled to the members of the Committee to represent them in this matter.
(2) the public body to whom the petition is addressed is obliged to adopt it.
If the case does not belong to the scope of the petition within 5 days, forward to the relevant
National Authority and shall so inform the person who filed the petition.
(3) State authority which accepted the petition, is obliged to assess its contents and
reply in writing within 30 days, the person who filed it, or who
represents members of the Petitions Committee. In reply stating an opinion on the content of the
the petition and how it is pending.
The petition came from the Assembly, "^ 1") is the provision of section 1, 2 and 5
This Act, with the result that it must be stated from the Assembly came and
How was approved by the Assembly; the Petitions Committee means the convener
State authorities, modifying the way the reception, handling and disposal of petitions
addressed to them in their rules of procedure or similar legislation.
If this Act speaks of State authorities, this means i
a legal person, to which the scope of State authority.
The provisions of other legislation governing the proceedings before the national
authorities and receiving and dealing with complaints, notifications and stimuli does not apply
for the reception and treatment of petitions under this Act.
This Act shall take effect on the date of publication.
1) Act No. 84/1990 Coll. on the right of Assembly.