of 10 June 1999. June 2004
a review of the management of territorial self-governing units and voluntary
Change: 413/2005 Sb.
Change: 138/2006 Sb.
Change: 281/2009 Coll., 199/2010 Sb.
Change: 457/2011 Coll. 239/2012 Sb.
Change: 64/2014 Sb.
Parliament has passed the following Act of the Czech Republic:
The subject of the edit
This Act regulates the examination of the management of local government
units, as well as the urban areas of the capital city of Prague, the voluntary
municipalities and regional councils of cohesion regions (hereinafter referred to as "territorial
all "), imposed by a special legislation" ^ 1 ") (hereinafter referred to as
"the review"), and provides subject terms, the procedure and rules
(1) the subject of the review of the data on the annual management of the territorial
a whole, forming part of the final account, according to a special legal
code ^ 2) and
and) fulfilment of the revenue and expenditure of the budget of the ^ 3) including cash transactions,
relating to budgetary resources,
(b)) financial operations, concerning the creation and use of cash funds
c) costs and benefits of the business activities of the territorial unit,
(d)), relating to the operation of money pooled funds spent on
the basis of the contract between two or more territorial units, ^ 4) or on the
under a contract with the other legal or natural persons, ^ 5)
(e)), concerning the financial operations of foreign resources in the meaning of the
regulations on accounting, ^ 6)
(f)) and the management of the resources made available from the national
^ 7) Fund and other funds from abroad provided on the basis of
g) billing and settlement of financial relations to the State budget, to
the budgets of the regions, to the budgets of municipalities, to other budgets, to State funds
and to other persons.
(2) the subject of a further review is
and waste management and the management of) property in the possession of a territorial unit,
(b) loading and management) of the property of the State, which runs the territorial
(c)) and the implementation of the award of public contracts, with the exception of acts and
the revised procedures, supervisory authority according to a special legal
Regulation, ^ 8)
(d)) status of receivables and Payables, and dealing with them,
e) liability for the obligations of natural and legal persons, ^ 9)
f) stopping of movable and immovable property in favour of the third persons, ^ 10)
(g)) the establishment of easements to the assets of a territorial unit,
h) accounting-led regional total.
(3) the subject of the review of the data, are not covered by the
obligation of secrecy under the tax code.
View to review
The subject of the examination referred to in section 2 shall be examined from the perspective of
and compliance with the obligations laid down by specific) law,
in particular, the provisions concerning the financial management of the territorial units, ^ 11) about
the management of their assets, accounting ^ 12) ^ 13) and remuneration, ^ 14)
(b) compliance with management) funds in comparison with the budget,
(c) compliance with the purpose of the subsidy) or returnable financial assistance and
the conditions for their use,
(d)) and the formal correctness of the documents reviewed operations.
The procedure for the review of
(1) the municipality and voluntary communities that volumes are according to a special legal
code ^ 1) shall be entitled to request a review of the regional office, and the main
the city of Prague, which is under special legislation shall be entitled to
to request a review of the Ministry of Finance shall do so by 30 June. June
each calendar year, or within the same period to the competent authority in the
the meaning of § 5 (3). 3 notify, that have decided to enter the examination of the auditor
or the audit firm (hereinafter "the auditor"). The urban part of the
the capital city of Prague, proceed on the basis of specific legal
Code ^ 15) similarly against the municipality of the capital city of Prague.
(2) Regional Office and the Prague City Hall, on the basis of the request of the
or a notice referred to in paragraph 1 and the Ministry of finance, which, in the
special legislation carries out the review of the regions and the main
the city of Prague, draw up schedules examination (hereinafter "plan
review ") for the period from the Assembly plan to 30. June following
of the year.
(3) an overview of the municipalities, towns and urban voluntary volumes, parts,
that have decided to enter the examination of the Auditor, as well as plans
the review drawn up pursuant to paragraph 2 shall forward to the regional authorities and
Prague City Hall Ministry of finance in the 21st century. July
each calendar year.
(4) on the basis of the plan shall be carried out by the end of the calendar year, the partial
a review of the previous part of the calendar year and after the end of
the calendar year to perform a partial review for the remainder of the
the previous calendar year, and a single review for the entire
the previous calendar year.
(5) a one-off examination may take place, the regional authority for municipalities, which
do not exercise an economic activity and have a population of less than 800
persons. In other territorial units shall be effected a partial revision.
(6) for the purposes of the examination referred to in paragraph 4 is the crucial number of
the population registered in the municipality of permanent residence on the date 1. January
the calendar year to which the review relates.
(7) where the municipality, including the capital city of Prague, the voluntary volume
municipalities or urban part of the city of Prague enter review
Auditor, shall conclude a written contract with him to provide the audit
activities according to the law governing the activities of Auditors whose
necessities are also subject matter and content of the report view to review and
about the outcome of the review, the provisions of sections 2, 3 and
10, and on the period of transmission of this message.
(8) on the conclusion of the contract with the auditor shall inform the community and the voluntary volume
the municipalities of the competent regional authority, the urban part of the city of Prague
Prague City Hall and the capital city of Prague, the Ministry of
Finance. This information shall be made without undue delay, no later than
However, until 31 December 2006. January of the following year.
(9) failure to comply with the obligation to request a review of the Ministry of finance in the
the case of the city of Prague, the regional office in the case of a municipality or
voluntary volume municipalities and Prague City Hall in case of
the urban part of the city of Prague, or enter a review
Auditor, shall notify the competent přezkoumávající authority within the meaning of § 5 (3).
3 Board of the relevant territorial unit or authority of the volume in the
28 February of the following year and review.
Assumptions for performance review
(1) Performance Review of, instruct the Ministry of Finance of the State employee
included in this Ministry, the General Directorate of financial or
the tax office State employees hired in these institutions, regional
the Office staff of the region and the Prague City Hall staff
the capital city of Prague; staff responsible for performance review (hereinafter the
"the Comptroller") must have at least a full secondary education, must meet the
request a practice consisting in activities related with professionally
subject to a review, at least for a period of 3 years, and must be established blameless. By
are without prejudice to the provisions of the specific legislation. ^ 17)
(2) For integrity, for the purposes of this Act shall not be considered an employee,
has been convicted for an intentional criminal offence, or for the crime of
misappropriation, or for an offence related to the exercise of public
Administration committed through negligence, if under the special rule
Regulation on the offender does not look as if he has been convicted.
(3) the Ministry of finance, the Directorate General financial, financial
Office, regional office, Prague City Hall (hereinafter referred to as
"přezkoumávající authority") is launching a review of the written notification
sent to the territorial unit not later than 5 days before the date of implementation of the performance
review and containing the name of the controller responsible for the management of
(4) in the exercise of the review under section 6 to 12 is entitled to controller
request from the audited entity or from another control
authority of the accounting records, also through the central system of accounting
information of the State, or to request accounting records from the Central Manager
accounting information system of the State, under the conditions laid down by the law of
The rules review
The rights and obligations of inspectors
(1) Inspectors are required to
and take minutes of the individual) of the intermediate examination and report on
the result of the review of the management,
(b)) meet territorial unit with the content of the minutes of the partial review for
order to facilitate the adoption of measures to correct the errors and deficiencies
referred to in it,
(c) the territorial unit) to pass the draft report on the outcome of the review, the undersigned
controller responsible for management review,
(d)) to submit to the territorial unit of a proposal report on the outcome of the review
management a written opinion within 15 days from the date of transmission of the proposal to this
the message, if the controller responsible for the management of examination in the reasoned
the case does not provide for a longer period; the opinion is delivered to the controller
responsible for the management of the examination, the
(e)) to examine the objection in the opinion referred to in subparagraph (d)) and written
the conclusions of this examination, signed by the supervisor responsible for the management of
the review or its immediate parent, pass the territorial unit and
discuss it with him, without undue delay, but not later than 15 days
from the date of receipt of the opinion, if the total of the
the case of the controller responsible for the management of the examination within a period longer
(f)) to pass and with territorial total to discuss the final wording of the report on the outcome of the
review management. ".
(2) If the inspector discovers while reviewing the fact obtained
the fact that the crime has been committed, it shall proceed according to a special legal
^ Code 21) and forthwith in writing inform the competent
the City Government or the statutory authority of the voluntary volume.
section 7 of the
The rights and obligations of the territorial units
The territorial unit in which the examination is held, has the right to
and) be acquainted with the content of the entries of the primary review,
(b)) be familiar with the draft report on the outcome of the review (section management
10) and receive its copy,
(c) deliver to the controller responsible for the management of) a review of the written
opinion on the draft of the report on the outcome of the review of the management and
should his application to the report on the outcome of the review of the management,
(d)) be informed of the outcome of the review of the management and to receive
the title launched
The review is required to provide the synergy and territorial total
established or founded a legal person. For contributory organization
přezkoumávající authority checks forest management and the management of the property and the
posts, which gave her territorial unit.
Report on the outcome of the review of the management and its elements
(1) report on the outcome of the review of the management of the Protocol is replaced by the
controlled by the control procedure and processes on the basis of the results of the
a one-time review, or on the basis of partial
(2) the report on the outcome of the review of the financial management in addition to the requirements of the
set the control regulations for the Protocol on inspection shall contain
and) the place where the examination is to be made, the period in which it took place,
on the year, for which the review has been done,
(b) a description of the identified) errors and deficiencies, including the introduction of obligations,
provided for by specific laws, regulations, or other aspects of the
the review, which has not been complied with,
(c) the designation of all documents) and other materials used in the review,
(d) the conclusion of the review).
(3) the conclusion of the report on the outcome of the review of financial management within the meaning of paragraph
2 (a). (d)) shall contain a statement that the review, pursuant to section 2 and 3
and) there were errors and deficiencies, or
(b)) were detected errors and deficiencies, which do not have the seriousness of the shortcomings
referred to under (c)), or
c) deficiencies are established, consisting of
1. in violation of budgetary discipline, or in the creation of the administrative tort by
the law governing the budgetary rules of the local budgets,
2. in the incompleteness, incorrectness or neprůkaznosti accounting,
3. the alteration of records or documents, in violation of the specific legal
4. in breach of duty or exceeding the scope of the territorial unit
established by legislation,
5. in the neodstranění of the deficiencies found during the partial examination, or when a
review for prior years, or
6. in the absence of agreed conditions for review under the control of the order,
which made it impossible to meet the requirements laid down in sections 2 and 3.
(4) the Mandatory requirements of the conclusion of the report on the outcome of the review
management is also
and the risk warning), which can be inferred from the findings by
paragraph 2 (a). (b)) and that may have a negative impact on the economy
a territorial unit in the future,
(b) the share of) the claims and obligations on the budget of the territorial unit and
the share of the pledged property to the total assets of the territorial unit.
(5) a compulsory annex to the report is the opinion referred to in section 7 (2). 1 (a).
(c)), if it was delivered to the appropriate controller.
(6) the obligation to ensure the proper and timely preparation of the report on the outcome of
review of the management controller has authorized management review.
Consideration of the report on the outcome of the review of the management and its transmission
The controller responsible for the management of the review of the report on the outcome of
review of the management of the Mayor of the city, with the
the Mayor, for the city of Prague with the Mayor of the capital city of Prague, the
the region with the Governor of the region, the volume of voluntary communities with the person designated
the statutes of voluntary communes, and the volume of the Regional Council of the region
coherence with its Chairman and shall transmit to them the copy.
Review of Auditor
(1) the Auditor shall review the provisions of sections 2, 3 and 10, and article 17 of
(2) Consideration of the report on the outcome of the review of the management of the auditor is
be governed by the provisions relating to the consideration of the report on the verification of accounts pursuant to
the law governing the audit function similarly. A copy of the report on the
the result of the review of the management of the auditor shall transmit to the territorial unit
přezkoumávajícímu authority within 15 days after the discussion in the institutions
territorial unit. ^ 23)
(3) when a review is performed on the basis of the contract referred to in section 4, paragraph 4. 7
progresses, the auditor according to the law governing the audit function.
The adoption and implementation of measures to correct the errors and deficiencies
(1) the territorial unit shall
and take measures to rectify) errors and deficiencies mentioned in the minutes of the
component of the examination, and it shall, without delay after being familiar with them
under section 6 (1). 1 (a). (b)), and to submit information about it, including information about
their meeting, in the final review of the přezkoumávajícímu authority,
(b)) to take measures to remedy the errors and deficiencies mentioned in the report on
the result of the review of the management of the authority, who examine the processed
or auditor and submit written information about it to the competent
přezkoumávajícímu the authority, no later than 15 days after the discussion of this
the report, together with the final account in the bodies of the territorial whole. ^ 23)
(2) a territorial unit is further obliged to in the information referred to in paragraph 1 (b).
(b)) indicate a deadline by which the competent authority shall přezkoumávajícímu
a written report on the implementation of the measures adopted, and in this period the competent
přezkoumávajícímu authority of the message to send.
(3) the Přezkoumávající authorities are authorised to inspect the implementation of the measures,
adopted pursuant to paragraph 1. Inspectors check compliance
governed by the provisions of the control of the order.
Law enforcement fines
(1) the territorial unit has committed misconduct by
and) to 15 days from the date of consideration of the report on the outcome of the review
management auditor in the bodies of the territorial unit does not pass her copy of the
the competent authority referred to in section 12 of the přezkoumávajícímu paragraph. 2,
(b)) in contravention of section 13 (3). 1 (a). (b)) within 15 days after consideration of the reports of
the result of the review of the management of the authority, who examine the processed
1. takes measures to rectify the errors and deficiencies mentioned in the report on
the result of the review of the management, or in the minutes of the partial examination,
2. about the absence of the written information to the competent přezkoumávajícímu
(c) information on the adoption of) measures to remedy the errors and deficiencies mentioned
in a report on the outcome of the review of the management of the processed
who examine the authority, or by an auditor does not specify the period within which it shall
the competent authority of the přezkoumávajícímu written report on the implementation of the adopted
the measures referred to in section 13 (3). 2, or
(d)) does not provide an auditor on its request, all documents required by it,
other documents, information or explanation pursuant to the control procedure.
(2) for the administrative offence referred to in paragraph 1 shall be imposed of up to 50 000 Czk.
Common provisions in administrative deliktům
(1) the territorial unit for the administrative offence does not match, if he proves that
He expended every effort, that it was possible to require that the infringement of the
a legal obligation.
(2) in determining the acreage of a fine account of the seriousness of the administrative
tort, in particular to the way a criminal offence and its consequences and to
the circumstances under which it was committed.
(3) the responsibility for the administrative tort shall be extinguished if the relevant
the administrative authority has commenced proceedings for 6 months from the date on which it
learned, but not later than 1 year after the date when it was committed.
(4) administrative offences under this Act shall examine přezkoumávající
(5) the Fines collected and enforced by the authority, which is saved.
(6) income from fines is the income budget authority, that is saved.
section 16 of the
The provisions of section 14 and 15 shall not apply, if the same breach of the laws
the laws of the penalty for an offence or for administrative offence under
the specific legislation.
Supervision of compliance with the law
Supervision of the examination undertaken by the auditor
(1) the examination shall be subject to the supervision of the State in the case, that is done by an auditor.
Supervision of the examination is the responsibility of the Ministry of finance and shall be exercised in
the relevant territorial unit.
(2) a written report of the results of the inspections over the reviews work undertaken
the Auditors shall forward Treasury Chamber of Auditors of the Czech Republic to
further procedure according to the law governing the audit function.
The provisions of the common, transitional and final
(1) this Act does not affect the scope of the administrators of the State chapters
budget and other supervisory authorities exercise the recipients of subsidies
control of compliance with the purpose and the conditions of granting subsidies under the Special
legislation. ^ 29)
(2) If a part of the voluntary volume is the capital city of Prague, fixes
the procedure for the review of its management review of the provisions
the capital city of Prague.
(1) the review initiated before the date of entry into force of this Act
completed according to present legislation. ^ 30)
(2) the time limit for the notification method of review, pursuant to section 4, paragraph 4. 1 per year
2004 ends the last day of the calendar month following the date
the entry into force of this law.
Shall be repealed:
1. Decree No. 41/2002 Coll., on the review of the management of the territorial
authorities and voluntary municipalities.
2. Decree No 67/2003 Coll., amending Decree No. 41/2002 Coll., on
review of the management of territorial self-governing units and voluntary
The effectiveness of the
This Act shall take effect on the first day of the calendar month
following its publication.
Zaorálek in r.
Spidla in r.
Selected provisions of the novel
Article. LX law no 64/2014 Sb.
The transitional provisions of the
If the management review was initiated under the Act No 420/2004
SB. before the date of entry into force of this law, and to this day has not been
completed, proceed according to the existing legislation.
section 17, paragraph 1). 4 of law no 250/2000 Coll. on budgetary rules
local budgets, as amended.
section 16 of Act No. 248/2000 Coll., on the promotion of regional development, as amended by
Act No. 138/2006 Sb.
section 17, paragraph 2). 2 and 3 of the law no 250/2000 Sb.
3) section 7 and 10 of law no 250/2000 Coll., as amended by Act No. 450/2001 Sb.
Decree 323/2002 Coll., on the budget structure, as amended
4) section 48 of the Act No. 128/2000 Coll.
section 24 of Act No. 129/2000 Coll., as amended by law no 231/2002 Sb.
§ 21 of Act No. 131/2000 Sb.
5) section 54 of the Act No. 128/2000 Coll., as amended by Act No. 313/2002 Sb.
section 27 of Act No. 129/2000 Coll.
section 28 of the Act No. 131/2000 Sb.
6) Annex No 1 letter D. Decree No 505/2002 Coll., which
implementing some provisions of Act No. 563/1991 Coll., on accounting, in the
as amended, for the accounting units, which are territorial
self-governing units, příspěvkovými organizations, State funds and
branches of the State.
7) section 37 of Act No. 218/2000 SB., o #P37 budgetary rules and amending
some related acts (budgetary rules).
8) Law No 40/2004 Coll., on public procurement.
section 38, paragraph 9). 3 and section 85 (a). j) Act No. 128/2000 Coll., as amended by
§ 17 paragraph. 3 and § 36 odst. 1 (a). I) Act No. 129/2000 Coll., as amended by
§ 35 paragraph. 6, § 59, paragraph. 3 (b). (d)), section 68, paragraph. 2 (a). about) and section 89, paragraph.
2 (a). and Act No. 131)/2000 Coll., as amended.
10 § 85 (a)). (g)) and k) Act No. 128/2000 Coll., as amended
§ 36 odst. 1 (a). (f)), and (j)) and section 59 paragraph. 2 (a). (c)) Law No 129/2000
Coll., as amended.
section 59 paragraph. 3 (b). I) and (n)), section 68, paragraph. 2 (a). with section 89, paragraph). 2 (a).
(h)) and i) of Act No. 133/2000 Coll., as amended.
11) Law No 250/2000 Coll., as amended.
12) section 38 of the Act No. 128/2000 Coll., as amended.
section 17 of the Act No. 129/2000 Coll., as amended.
section 35 of Act No. 128/2000 Coll., as amended.
13) Act No. 563/1991 Coll., on accounting, as amended.
Decree No 505/2002 Sb.
14) Government Decree No. 253/1992 Coll., on the emoluments of staff
public authorities, some of the other institutions and municipalities, as amended by
Government Regulation No. 37/2003 Coll. on remuneration for the performance of functions of the members of the
section 38, paragraph 15). 1 of law no 131/2000 Coll., as amended.
17) Act No. 218/2002 Coll., on the service of civil servants in administrative
offices and on the remuneration of such employees and other employees in the
administrative offices (business law).
Act No. 312/2002 Coll., on officials of territorial self-governing units and the
change some of the laws.
Decree No. 512/2002 Coll., on professional competence of officials
territorial self-governing units.
for example, section 20) 46 of Act No 148/1998 Coll., as amended
21) section 8 of Act No. 141/1961 Coll., on criminal court proceedings (the criminal
of procedure), as amended.
section 17, paragraph 23). 5 and 7 of law no 250/2000 Sb.
section 43 of the Act No. 128/2000 Coll.
section 20 of Act No. 129/2000 Coll., as amended.
section 39 of the Act No. 131/2000 Sb.
§ 7, paragraph 27). 1 Act No. 320/2001 Coll.
28) section 87 to 91 of Act No. 129/2000 Coll.
Section 106 to 117 of law No. 131/2000 Sb.
29 for example, § 1, paragraph 1). 1 (a). (b)) and section 6 (1). 2 Act No. 531/1990
Coll. on territorial financial authorities, as amended.
30) Decree No. 41/2002 Coll., on the review of the management of the territorial
authorities and municipalities, voluntary nature, as amended by Decree No.