Read the untranslated law here: https://portal.gov.cz/app/zakony/download?idBiblio=44272&nr=177~2F1996~20Sb.&ft=txt
The Ministry of Justice
from day 4. June 1996
rewards and compensation lawyers for lawyers providing legal services
(the bar fare)
Change: 484/2000 Sb.
Change: 68/2003 Coll.
Change: 618/2004 Sb.
Change: 276/2006 Sb.
Change: 399/2010 Sb.
Change: 399/2010 Coll. (part), 486/2012 Sb.
Change: 484/2000 Coll. (part)
Change: 120/2014 Sb.
The Justice Department determined in accordance with section 22 paragraph 1. 2 of Act No. 85/1996
Coll. on advocacy:
PART THE FIRST
(1) the remuneration of the lawyer for the provision of legal services (hereinafter referred to as "reward
the lawyer ") is governed by its contract with the client (hereinafter referred to as" the Contracting
reward "); If it is not the reward of the lawyer as follows, shall be governed by the provisions of the intended
This Decree on the non-contractual remuneration.
(2) in determining the costs, the reimbursement of the client acknowledges
by decision of the Court or other authority, shall determine the amount of the remuneration of the lawyer
under the provisions on non-contractual remuneration, unless otherwise provided by this Ordinance
otherwise; § 12 para. 2. It is obliged to notify the lawyer
the client, if the contractual remuneration.
(3) the amount of remuneration of the lawyer appointed by the Court shall be determined according to the provisions of
non-contractual remuneration; § 12 para. 2 yet.
(1) the lawyer shall in addition to the remuneration of the lawyer also entitled to reimbursement of the
cash expenses and compensation for loss of time under the conditions and in the amount of
laid down by this Decree.
(2) any other costs, in particular lawyer costs of routine administrative
work, are included in the consideration of the lawyer.
THE REMUNERATION OF THE LAWYER
The first section
Award a contract
(1) where the reward is the arrangement between lawyer and client of the amount for
which will be the legal services are provided to, or on the way of determining it.
(2) the contractual arrangements of the reward is either part of the contract on the
basis, the legal service provides, or is agreed separately.
(1) if the agreed remuneration by the number of hours or other
time units (hereinafter referred to as "reward"), belongs to the agreed rate
the time rewards for every new unit of time, if not agreed
otherwise. On request, the client is obliged to advocate Bill rewards
lawyer to submit a time specification provided by the client of the legal
(2) if the Attorney in the contract of the time carried out the estimation of the remuneration
of the total amount, is obliged to notify the client in writing in advance on essential
exceeding the originally estimated amount of remuneration of the lawyer; otherwise, they cannot
claim a payment of that part of the remuneration of the lawyer, which was the original estimate
its amount is exceeded.
(3) remuneration must be proportionate and must not be clearly disproportionate to the
the value and complexity of the case.
If the Attorney does not provide legal services within the agreed scope, it must
dilute an aliquot portion of the contract remuneration, unless otherwise agreed.
The amount of the non-contractual remuneration
(1) the amount of the non-contractual remuneration is determined by the rates of non-contractual remuneration
in one act of legal services and legal services, according to the number of operations that
a lawyer in the case.
(2) the assets of the remuneration in the amount of 10% of the annual income from
managed assets of at least $ 1000 per year.
(3) if the lawyer Declaration of authenticity of signature ^ 1a), it has the reward
30 for every copy of the Declaration of the authenticity of the signature of one person to
(4) for the execution of authorized conversion of the document is the reward of 30 EUR per
every new side with a converted document.
The rate of non-contractual remuneration
The rate of non-contractual remuneration for one Act legal services makes the tariff
the values of the
1. to $ 300-$ 500,
2. over 500 to 1 000 CZK, 500 Czk
3. over $ 100 to $ 1,000,
4. over CZK 5,000 to CZK 10,000 Czk 1 500,
5. over 10 000 € to 200 000 CZK 1 500 € and 40 € for every
initiated 1 000 CZK, of which
value in excess of $ 10,000,
6. over 200 000 CZK
to 10 000 000 € 9 100 € and 40 € for every
initiated CZK 10,000, of which
value in excess of 200 000 CZK
7. over 10 000 000 Eur 48 300 € and 40 € for every
begun by 100 000 Eur, of which
value in excess of 10 000 000 CZK.
(1) unless otherwise provided, shall be considered the tariff value of the above
cash or the price of things or rights at the time of the commencement of the Act
legal services concerned by the legal service; at the price of rights shall be deemed to
as the value of the receivables and debt. When determining the tariff value is
the accessories, unless it is required as a separate
(2) if the subject of the legal services of recurrent performance, the
the tariff value of the sum of the values of these transactions; If, however, on the implementation of the
For more than five years, or for an indefinite period, the only
five times the value of annual benefits.
(3) if the law provided for connection of two or more things to the common
consultation, it considered the tariff value of the value of things, which is
(4) when the enforcement of a decision or execution (hereinafter referred to as "enforcement")
for recurrent performance is decisive for the determination of the tariff value of only
the value of the payments that are at the time of enforcement already
(5) in cases of cancellation and settlement of the mutual ownership of the
is based on the price of the whole thing, after deduction of the price of the share client faces
a proposal for referral to the client or, in the case of a proposal to sell things.
If the proposal is directed at the commandment of the case, it is the other joint owners
the price of the whole thing, after deduction of the price of the share of the other joint owners. In
the case of the proposal on the distribution of real things is based on the price of the whole thing.
(6) in matters of marital property settlement is based on the mid-
the values of all individual things, receivables and debts, which the parties
have made the subject of settlement.
(7) in matters of succession, after the tariff value MSRP
zůstavitelova property of the corresponding amount of the client's share of the inheritance.
(1) if the value of the thing or right to express in monetary terms or if it
Discover only with difficulty and nepoměrnými unless the context otherwise requires,
It is considered the tariff value of the amount of $ 10,000.
(2) in matters of custody court on minors, adoption, support measures,
incapacitation, nezvěstnosti and death, consent to the intervention in integrity,
the admissibility of the receipt or possession of Health Institute, in matters
guardianship and matters of claims by natural people in the field of social
security, pension, sickness and general health
insurance is deemed to be the amount of the tariff value of 5 000 CZK.
(3) the amount of EUR 35 is considered the tariff value in matters of:
and) determine whether there is a legal relationship or the law, determine the invalidity of the
legal proceedings, with regard to the determination of rights in the case of money or valuable
in the case of the determination of invalidity of legal action, whose subject is the thing
or performance money invaluable,
b) for actions for declaration of will towards the creation, modification or extinction of the legal
the negotiations, whose subject money is invaluable,
(c)) the establishment or cancellation of the easement or right to build and other
the rights and obligations of the easements or rights of construction,
d) rights relating to personality, in matters of protection against disclosure of information
that is an abuse of freedom of expression, of speech and of the press in accordance with the legal
the provisions concerning the mass of information resources, and in matters of
arising from the application of rights and obligations under the legislation on
protection of personal data or according to the law on the protection of
industrial and other intellectual property without the proposal for compensation
non-material damage, or
(e) rent non-residential premises), buildings and land, unless the cash
(4) the amount of $ 50,000 is considered to be the tariff value in matters
and) moral rights, protection against disclosure of information that is
abuse of freedom of expression, of speech and of the press under the legislation on
the bulk of information resources, and matters arising from the
the application of rights and obligations under the legislation on the protection of
any personal data or under the legislation on the protection of industrial and
other intellectual property with the proposal for compensation for non-material damage,
b) referred to in paragraph 3 (b). and), if it is a legal relationship to a business
the race, immovable property, or rights of industrial or other intellectual
(c)) decided in a proceeding in matters of trust funds, business
companies, cooperative societies and other legal persons, and in matters of
decided in insolvency or similar proceedings,
d) actions, appeal complaints and other legal cases pending
According to the administrative judicial procedure, with the exception of the things referred to in paragraph 2, and
in the cases heard by the fifth section of the code of civil procedure,
e) constitutional complaints, with the exception of the things referred to in paragraph 2.
(5) the performance of the duties of a guardian appointed by the administrative authority
a party appointed by the Court under the law governing criminal
liability of legal persons, appointed by the Court according to the law
special procedure governing judicial or appointed by the court party
control whose stay is not known, which failed to deliver on a known
address in a foreign country, which has been suffering from a mental disorder, or from other
health reasons cannot not only for a transitional period to take part in
management or who is unable to clearly express yourself ^ 1b)
considered the tariff value of the amount of $ 1,000.
(1) and representation in administrative proceedings, including proceedings for offences
or other administrative offences shall be considered the tariff value of the amount
(2) the defence in criminal proceedings in cases in which the Court of first
the degree is decided in a private session, it is considered the tariff value of the
the amount of 500 CZK.
(3) when the defence in criminal proceedings, unless the things referred to in paragraph 2,
It is considered the tariff value of the
and) the amount of $ 500, if it is a criminal offence for which the law stipulates a prison
deprivation of liberty whose upper limit does not exceed one year,
(b)) the amount of $ 10,000, in the case of an offence for which the law stipulates a prison
deprivation of liberty whose upper limit exceeds one year and does not exceed the
(c)) the amount of $ 30 000, in the case of an offence for which the law stipulates a prison
deprivation of liberty whose upper limit exceeds five years, does not exceed the
for ten years,
(d)) the amount of $ 50,000, in the case of an offence for which the law stipulates a prison
imprisonment exceeding 10 years or that you can save
an exceptional punishment.
(4) to the legal rate reductions for juveniles shall be disregarded.
(5) in representing the injured party in criminal proceedings for compensation for injury
that was the victim caused by the criminal offence shall be considered tariff
the value of the amount of $ 10,000; If the victim has been attributed as a
the amount of cash compensation in excess of $ 10,000, it is considered
the tariff value of this amount of money.
In the performance of functions of a guardian of a child under a special legal regulation
governing the judiciary in matters of youth ^ 1 c) are considered tariff
the value of the amounts listed in section 10, paragraph 1. 3. It is based on the criminal
the rates that would apply if the perpetrator was criminally
Tasks of the legal service
(1) the non-contractual remuneration belongs for each of the following legal services:
and the receipt and preparation of the representation) or of the defence on the basis of the Treaty on
the provision of legal services;
(b)) the first meeting with the client, including receipt and preparation of a representation or
the defence, if the client representative or Attorney appointed by the Court,
(c)) for more consultation with the client more than one hour,
(d) a written submission or proposal) on the merits, you are prompted to perform the basic
the factual and legal analysis of the previous proposal on the merits
e) participation in pre-trial investigations, and that each
the initial two hours,
(f)) at the end of the investigation the case file review, and each started two
g) participation in the Act of an administrative or other authority, participation in proceedings before the
the Court or other authority, and each started two hours,
h) drafting a legal analysis of the matter,
I) dealing with the opponent, and that each of the two partial hours,
(j)), the application for interim measures, it occurs before the start of the proceedings,
appeal against a decision on interim measures and the observations thereon,
to appeal, appeal) a proposal for the retrial, an action for annulment,
where appropriate, the complaint against the decision on the application for renewal of proceedings and
expression to them,
l) complaint to lodge a complaint for violation of the law and the observations to
complaint for violation of the law,
m) instrument of writing up the legal proceedings.
(2) the non-contractual remuneration in the amount of one half belongs in each of these
operations legal services:
and the application for interim measures), it occurs after the initiation of the proceeding,
an application to secure evidence or heritage,
(b) the proposal to fix the preamble) the decision to remove the effects of
missed periods and to amend decision convicting to fulfil in the future
due to the performance of benefits or in installments,
c) appeal against the decision, unless the decision on the substance, and
the expression of such an appeal,
d) suggestions and complaints on cases in which decisions are made in the public
meetings, and representations to them, with the exception of the appeal, the application for renewal
management and initiative to the complaint for violation of the law,
e) in the case of enforcement of a decision for the first meeting with the client, including the
acceptance and training agency, for the drafting of a document instituting proceedings,
comments on the proposal, representation at the hearing and writing the appeal against the
(f) participation at the hearing,) in which only the announcement of the decision,
(g) participation in the preparation of negotiations) ^ 1 d)
h) simple call for implementation.
(3) for the actions of legal services not specified in paragraphs 1 and 2, remuneration
as for the actions of which they are, by their nature and purpose.
Increase or decrease non-contractual remuneration
the title launched
(1) in the case of operations legal services particularly difficult, especially if they
have to apply a foreign law or foreign language, or for acts of legal
a time-consuming services increase non-contractual remuneration to the
(2) the advocate may reduce the non-contractual remuneration by up to half.
(3) when you join two or more things, for which the connection to the common
consultation is not provided for other legislation, tariff
the sum of the value of the United tariff values of things.
(4) in the case of joint operations when the representation and defence of two or
more people, belongs to the lawyer for each as follows represented or
defended a person non-contractual remuneration reduced by 20%.
(5) the defence in criminal proceedings in respect of offences committed in
overlapping belongs only to the lawyer of the remuneration laid down for the offence with
the highest criminal rate.
(1) the rates of non-contractual remuneration under section 7 of the legal services
designated representative in civil proceedings, set up by the
in civil proceedings a guardian, appointed defense attorney in the criminal
management, appointed an agent in criminal proceedings or guardian
the child pursuant to other legislation regulating the judicial system in matters of
the youth shall be reduced by 20%.
(2) the rate of the non-contractual remuneration for one act of the legal services set up by the
representative in civil proceedings, set up by the guardian in
civil procedure, set up by the defence counsel in criminal proceedings,
appointed an agent in criminal proceedings or custodian of a child under
other legislation regulating the judicial system in matters of youth
reduced in accordance with paragraph 1 is less than $ 500.
§ 12 c
REIMBURSEMENT OF CASH EXPENSES AND COMPENSATION FOR LOSS OF TIME
section 13 of the
Reimbursement of cash expenses
(1) the lawyer belongs to the reimbursement of cash expenses reasonably incurred in
connection with the provision of legal services, in particular judicial and other
fees, travel costs, postage, telecommunications, expert
Testimonials and expert comments, translations, copies and photocopies.
(2) the Lawyer with the client can agree on a reasonable lump sum
as to the refund of all or part of cash expenses, which
spending is assumed in connection with the provision of legal services.
The client then you can not require the specification of these finished
expenses and the lawyer cannot request a refund of the cash expenses, which
It was negotiated by the flat-rate amount is exceeded.
(3) unless the lawyer with the client on another flat-rate amount as
reimbursement of national shipping, local rate number and freight,
This amount is 300 CZK for one act of legal services.
(4) if the amount of the reimbursement of travel expenses, unless otherwise agreed, the
the amount of this compensation legislation on travel compensation. ^ 1)
Compensation for loss of time,
(1) the lawyer belongs to compensation for time missed in connection with
the provision of legal services
and the tasks carried out in) a place that is not established or resident
a lawyer for time spent on the way to this place and back,
(b)) for the time missed as a result of the delay of the opening of negotiations before the Court
or other authority, if the delay is more than 30 minutes.
(2) the lawyer belongs to compensation for time missed in connection with
the provision of legal services in the amount of one half of the non-contractual remuneration for
participation at the hearing, which was adjourned without consideration of the case, and for the
appearance of the negotiations, which has been held without a lawyer in a timely manner about it
notified in advance; If the negotiations adjourned or guns for reasons of
on the client side, a lawyer, and if these reasons were
a lawyer known for at least two days prior to the date of the negotiations, it has the
compensation amounting to one quarter of the non-contractual remuneration.
(3) unless otherwise agreed, the refund referred to in paragraph 1 shall be Eur 100 per
each initiated by a half hour.
(4) compensation for loss of time, the lawyer does not belong to at the same time
the period of entitlement to remuneration for the legal services Act (section 11).
THE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE OF THE PAYER OF VALUE ADDED TAX
(1) a lawyer who is the payer of value added tax, shall submit to the Court
or any other authority, for which it applies for this reason, an increase in remuneration
and refunds under special legislation ^ 3), a certificate of registration
the payer of value added tax issued by the competent tax administrator ^ 4).
(2) if the Attorney practicing law in public company
established under a special legal regulation ^ 5), he shall submit to
referred to in paragraph 1, the Court or other authority of a certificate of registration
the payer of value added tax issued by the competent tax administrator regarding
This business of the company.
SPECIFIC PROVISIONS REGARDING COSTS
(1) in civil proceedings,
and that started the design) of the examination on steady pattern as
repeatedly the same plaintiff in a factual and legal matters, like
(b)) in which is the subject of the management of monetary and tariff value
does not exceed $ 50,000, and
(c)) in which it was granted to the applicant to pay the costs,
for the purposes of determining the rate of pay the costs for any act of the
legal services to request the opening of the proceedings, including from tariff
the values of the
1. up to CZK 10,000................................ 200 Czk,
2. over 10 000 CZK to CZK 30,000................. 300 CZK
3. over $ 30 000 to $ 50 000 ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 500 CZK.
(2) in matters of enforcement if enforced cash transactions and
tariff value does not exceed $ 50,000, for the purposes of determining compensation
the costs, rate of pay for the first meeting with the client, including the takeover of
and the preparation and drafting of a representation of the document instituting the proceedings-$ 100 per
each of these tasks.
(3) the rate of pay for more legal services for purposes of determining
reimbursement of costs in proceedings referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 shall be established in accordance with section 7.
(4) the total amount of remuneration for the purposes of determining the costs of the proceedings
referred to in paragraph 1 shall be limited in amount to the tariff value.
(5) lump-sum reimbursement of expenditure on the national postage,
local rate number and freight for the purpose of determining the costs to be
and $ 100 for each) of operations legal services paid under paragraphs 1 and 2,
b) 300 EUR for each of the processes legal services paid under paragraph 3.
(6) the provisions of § 6 and § 8 to 12 shall apply mutatis mutandis.
TRANSITIONAL AND FINAL PROVISIONS
For legal services rendered prior to the effective date of this order
It is for the lawyer or the lawyer's remuneration in accordance with the existing commercial
section 16 of the
Decree of the Ministry of Justice is hereby repealed the United Kingdom no.
270/1990 Coll., on the remuneration of lawyers and commercial lawyers for the provision of
legal aid, as amended by Decree No. 576/1990 Coll.
This Decree shall enter into force on 1 January 2000. July 1996.
JUDr. Smith v. r.
Selected provisions of the novel
Article II of the Decree No 276/2006 Sb.
For legal services rendered prior to the effective date of this order
It is for the lawyer's remuneration in accordance with the existing legislation.
Article. (II) Decree No. 399/2010 Sb.
If proceedings are instituted before the date of entry into force of this order,
belongs to the designated representative and a nominated guardian in the civil
court proceedings, a nominated defenders and appointed agents in
criminal proceedings and a nominated guardian of the child in proceedings under the
Act No. 218/2003 Coll., on juvenile liability for unlawful acts and the
the judicial system in matters of youth and on amendments to certain acts (the Act on
the judicial system in matters of youth), as amended, for the actions of
legal services provided in connection with this proceeding the date of acquisition
the effectiveness of this Decree, non-contractual remuneration according to present laws
Article. (II) Decree No. 486/2012 Sb.
For legal services rendered prior to the effective date of this order
It is for the lawyer's remuneration pursuant to Decree No. 177/1996 Coll., as amended by
effective until the date of entry into force of this Decree.
Article. (II) Decree No. 390/Sb.
For the actions of legal services rendered before the date of entry into force of this
the Decree, according to the lawyer belongs to reward the existing legislation.
Article. (II) Decree No. 120/2014 Sb.
In proceedings initiated before the date of entry into force of this Decree, the
costs shall decide in accordance with existing legislation.
1) Act No. 119/1992 Coll., on travel compensation, as amended by Act No.
1A) of section 25a of Act No. 85/1996 Coll., on the legal profession, as amended
1B) section 29 para. 3 of the code of civil procedure.
1 c) section 91 paragraph 2. 2 and § 95 para. 1 of Act No. 218/2003 Coll., on liability
Youth for unlawful acts and the judicial system in matters of youth and amending
Some laws (the law on the judicial system in matters of youth).
1 d) in particular, section 114c of the judicial code.
3) § 23a of Act No. 85/1996 Coll., on the legal profession, as amended by Act No.
229/2002 Coll., section 151 paragraph 1. 2 Act No. 141/1961 Coll., on criminal court proceedings
the Court (code of criminal procedure), as amended. § 140 para. 2
Act No. 99/1963 Coll., the civil procedure code, as amended
regulations. § 35 para. 7 of Act No. 150/2002 Coll., the administrative court rules, in
4) § 33 para. 11 of Act No. 337/1992 Coll., on administration of taxes and fees, in the
5) section 15 of Act No. 85/1996 Coll.
Search Translated Laws of Czech Republic