Minister of Foreign Affairs
of 8 June. September 1964
on the agreement on the establishment and operation of the joint wagon fleet
21 June. December 1963 was in Bucharest signed an agreement on the establishment and
the operation of the joint Park trucks between the Governments of the Bulgarian folk
Republic, the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic, the Hungarian people's
Republic, the German Democratic Republic, the Polish people's Republic,
The Romanian people's Republic and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.
Agreement entered into force-on the basis of its article XIV-after the expiry of
30 days from the date on which the last instrument of approval of the agreement deposited with the
the Government of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic, as depositary of the
The agreement, i.e.,. on the day of 20. August 1964.
Czech translation of the agreement shall be published at the same time.
Agreement for the establishment and operation of the joint wagon fleet
The Government of the people's Republic of Bulgaria, the Hungarian people's Republic, German
Democratic Republic, the Polish people's Republic, Romanian folk
Republic, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and Czechoslovakia
considering the constant growth of rail transport costs between the
countries, and building upon the recommendations of the Council for mutual economic institutions
help on better use of freight wagons and increase of economy
have decided to conclude this agreement:
1. To create the necessary conditions for reducing empty runs
freight wagons in international and national traffic, accelerated circulation and
increased economic efficiency of trucks, as well as
diminished density of transport and better use of international rail
lines, border and marshalling stations, agreed to by the Contracting Parties
create a common park trucks, called hereinafter referred to as "the common
2. the common park will be created from two to four-axle trucks
cars (indoor and open) about 1435 mm gauge.
3. Type and number of cars, pasted into a common Park Contracting
the parties, which have a rail gauge of 1435 mm, must conform to the
the real need for international shipments on their railways with
taking into account the use of these cars in national transport.
4. the number of cars, which is inserted into the joint Soviet Park
Socialist Republics must approximate the amount of cars
the joint Park, which are daily on the railways of the USSR.
1. for the adjudication of the issues associated with the creation and operation of
the joint park under this Agreement shall be established by the Council of common Park
trucks, hereinafter referred to as "the Council".
2. The Council shall consist of the authorised representatives of all Contracting Parties, and that after
one for each side. The Council shall hold its meetings as necessary, at least
However, once a year.
3. the Council is empowered to discuss all issues related to the implementation of
This agreement and pass resolutions about them. The Council adopts a resolution only with the consent of
representatives of all Contracting Parties.
4. the Council approved the rules of procedure of its activity.
1. To ensure that, in order to fulfill the resolution of the Council and carry out the normal
work related to the operation of the joint Park, as well as to monitor
operation of international freight and passenger trains, the activities of the
border stations and to the implementation of approved vyrovnávkových measures to
providing assistance to the parties in ensuring railway transportation
the export and import of goods, the Executive Council has a permanent device-bureaucracy, but
common wagon fleet, referred to hereinafter referred to as "bureaucracy, but" that has
Headquarters in the capital of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic in Prague.
2. Device constitute the Bureau the Bureau Director, his Deputy, the necessary number of
experts and technical and ancillary staff.
3. the Director of the Bureau and his Deputy are appointed and dismissed by the Council.
Other staff of the Centre shall be appointed and dismissed by the Director of the Centre in the
accordance with the Statute of the Centre, while the professionals are appointed and
dismissed as Director of the Bureau, with the approval of representatives of the countries in the Council.
4. Activities of the Bureau manages the Director of the Bureau, which is responsible to the Council.
5. In the performance of his official duties he performs, the Director of the Centre, its
the Deputy and the professional workers as international officials.
6. the bureaucracy, but it is a legal person.
Bureaucracy, but the Bureau and officials shall enjoy the privileges and immunities which the Council shall enjoy the
mutual economic assistance and its functionaries in accordance with article II. and points
2, 4 and 5 of article V of the Convention on legal capacity, privileges and immunities
The Council for mutual economic assistance. In doing so, the Director of the Bureau, has the right and is
obliged to cancel the immunity granted to any officials of the Centre in the
cases in which, in his opinion, the immunity is preventing the administration of Justice
and can she give up without detriment to the interests of the Centre. As for the Director of the Centre and
his Deputy, the right to waive the immunity of the Council.
7. the functions and powers of the Bureau and its cast, conditions of employment and other issues
associated with the activities of the Bureau are determined by the Statute of the Centre approved by the Council.
8. the costs associated with maintenance of the Centre shall be borne by the railways of the Contracting Parties
1. the Contracting Parties agree that cars that are inserted into the
the joint Park, were the standard cars. For a transitional period, the necessary
for the implementation of the standardization of the cars, however, admits in the common Park
used cars the corresponding special technical for this period
the requirements, which lays down the rules for the operation of the common Park
trucks, hereinafter referred to as "the rules of the OPW.
2. The rules of the OPW provides in addition to the technical conditions which must
match cars to Park, also in common use
These cars, determine the accounting methods the State Railways of the Contracting Parties in
the common Park, the procedure for the classification of vehicles in a joint Park and when
their eviction from the Park, the way Bill car
the joint Park between railways and other issues associated with the operation
the joint Park. While the use of cars, which is inserted into the
the common Park of the USSR, taking into account the difference in rail gauge
The USSR and the other Contracting Parties.
3. The Council shall approve the rules of the OPW.
4. The number and the kind of cars that the railways of the Contracting Parties in
the common Park, the Council shall periodically according to the provisions of point 3 and 4
Article I of this agreement.
1. Cars embedded in common Park remains the property of the Contracting
the party, which is inserted. Cars embedded in common Park, in addition to
the ownership of the railway marks indicate the special character.
2. the common Park used cars to the railways of the Contracting Parties
mainly in international transport operations between these countries. These cars may be
used also in the national transport of the Contracting Parties and in the transport
countries that are not members of this agreement.
3. In the case of loading of cars common rail Park, one of the Contracting
the parties, specifying on the rail of a country which is not a member of this Agreement,
the Court of the State of the railways of this party is appropriately reduced.
4. All the conditions under which the cars will be sent to the joint Park
the railways of countries which are not members of this agreement are determined by the Rules
1. the Contracting Parties agree that the necessary maintenance and repairs of cars
the joint Park were carried away by the parties that these cars
2. The periodic repair of cars common Park performs railroad Contracting
the parties that these cars belong, within the deadlines foreseen uniform
dates of planned repairs, as determined by the rules of the OPW. However, on a transitional
the time may be used and the terms of the planned repairs, valid on the
the respective railways.
3. To perform the periodic repair of cars common Park submitted by
the railroad of the Contracting Party, which belongs to the cars ran out of this
rail at the latest within the time limit specified for periodic repair.
4. the conditions and the type of repair, the way to provide spare parts for repair
cars, railways of the Contracting Parties, which use cars common Park
as well as the way of sending cars to do Park on the periodic repair
determine the rules of the OPW.
For the loss of, damage to, requiring a patch as in the periodic repair
or damage, for which the common car park must be depreciated from
inventory of the Park's ownership of the railroad, the Contracting Parties shall be borne by the railways,
that this car use, liability under the rules of the OPW.
1. the Contracting Parties use the Rail cars of the joint Park, free of charge,
If the number of vehicles does not exceed the financial status.
2. the State of the railways of the Contracting Parties is determined by
the kind of cars, on the basis of the actual contribution of the fleet
the parties to the joint Park and from deviations from this deposit, which are
listed in the rules of the OPW. The financial status of the bureaucracy, but determined.
3. Vyrovnávku State cars common Park between the railways of the Contracting
the parties carried out by the bureaucracy, but the number and types of vehicles within the meaning of the rules of the OPW.
4. For the use of cars over the financial status of the pay of the railroad of the Contracting Parties
According to calculations by the Bureau fee for each car and the day according to the rules of the OPW in the
benefit of the railways, which have a number of cars common park under accounting
status. The amount of the rates for each car and the date fixed by the Council.
5. If the railroad some of the Contracting Parties requests the bureaucracy, but the addition of
your Park on the financial status of the bureaucracy, but it immediately, will report to those railways,
where the number of cars exceeds the financial status of the joint Park, as well as
transit railways and agreed with them to surrender the necessary number of cars
so that within two days from the date of the notification from the beginning (including byrem
the following day) was a joint park on the railway, which it has requested,
added from neighbouring railways.
6. The railways of the Contracting Parties, which failed to meet the guidelines of the Centre, will pay for
the use of cars, which should deliver, progresívně increasing rate
According to the length of the detention of cars, different in the first and second half of the year. The amount of the
These rates determine the rules of the OPW.
7. If the railroad some of the Contracting Parties did not accept the diploma
her cars common Park, the railway is exempted from submitting
paying for the number of cars and the days under the rules of the OPW.
8. the determination of the actual state and the registration of cars common Park
railways of the Contracting Parties, as well as the Bill between them
performs a bureaucracy, but under the rules of the OPW.
1. mutual assistance cars provides the following agreement between the railways
interested Contracting Parties according to the options in the common
2. A formal agreement between the railways of stakeholders, for
the provision of assistance in joint Park, the railroad
the relevant parties, bureaucracy, but immediately. In this case, the Court of the State of the cars
the joint park be increased accordingly for the railways, which have received help, and
reduces the railways, which have provided it.
3. the conditions for the provision of mutual assistance cars shall be negotiated between the
railways of the interested parties.
The official language of the Council and the Bureau is the language of Russian. All the documents on the
meetings of the Council and on the activities of the Centre shall be drawn up in the language of the rules of procedure.
This agreement is concluded for an unlimited period of time. Any Contracting Party may
denounce the fact that inform the depositary of the agreement termination
at least 6 months before the end of the current calendar year. The notice of
denunciation shall enter into force from 1 January. January of next year.
To this agreement may accede at the consent of all the Contracting Parties, other
the country that shall transfer to the depositary of its instrument of accession.
The agreement may be amended or supplemented at any time with the consent of all the
of the Contracting Parties. Proposals for amendments or additions to the Agreement shall be sent
the interested party the depositary of the agreement, which arranges the measures
related to the approval of these proposals by the Contracting Parties.
This agreement is subject to approval by the Government of each of the Contracting Parties.
Agreement enters into force after the expiry of 30 days from the date when it was last
the instrument of approval of the agreement deposited with the depositary, the depositary
It shall inform the Contracting Parties.
The agreement was drawn up in the Russian language, in a single copy and shall be cast
to the custody of the Government of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic, which will be
to perform the functions of depositary of this agreement.
The Government of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic shall transmit certified copies of the
The agreement to all Contracting Parties.
On the evidence of the authorised representatives of the parties have signed this agreement.
Drawn up in Bucharest on 21. December 1963.