ACT 1188 2008
Official Gazette No. 46971 of April 25, 2008
CONGRESS OF THE REPUBLIC Whereby qualified higher education programs is regulated and registration dictate other provisions. Effective Jurisprudence
THE CONGRESS OF THE REPUBLIC DECREES:
ARTICLE 1o. To offer and develop an academic higher education program that is not accredited as is required to have obtained qualified the same record.
The registry is the instrument qualified System Quality Assurance in Higher Education by which the state verifies compliance with the quality conditions by institutions of higher education.
Responsibility of the Ministry of Education grant qualified by administrative act properly motivated in the respective incorporation is ordered at the National Information System of Higher Education, SNIES, and the allocation of corresponding registration code.
. CONDITIONS OF QUALITY. For qualified academic programs registration, higher education institutions must demonstrate compliance with conditions of quality programs and quality conditions of an institutional nature. Conditions
1. The correspondence between the name of the program, curriculum content and achieving goals for obtaining the corresponding title. Effective Jurisprudence
2. Adequate justification for the program to be relevant address the needs of the country and the cultural and scientific development of the nation. Effective Jurisprudence
3. The establishment of a consistent curriculum with the program that has been established and to guarantee the achievement of the objectives and corresponding goals.
4. The organization of all academic activities that strengthen the theoretical knowledge and demonstrate that facilitate the goals of the training process.
5. Adequate research training to establish the essential elements to develop a critical attitude, the ability to seek alternatives for development.
6. The proper relationship, effective with the external sector, which projects to the university and society.
7. Strengthening the number and quality of teachers to ensure, in an appropriate manner, the functions of teaching, research and extension staff.
8. Adequate and efficient educational teaching aids to facilitate learning and allow the teacher to be a guide and counselor and the student is autonomous and participant use. Effective Jurisprudence
9. The guarantee of a physical infrastructure in classrooms, libraries, auditoriums, laboratories and spaces for recreation and culture, that allow the comprehensive training of students as good citizens and guarantee academic work. Terms of institutional
1. The establishment of appropriate mechanisms for selection and evaluation of students and teachers, where the choice is guaranteed merit and prevent any discrimination based on race, sex, creed, disability or social status. Effective Jurisprudence
2. The existence of an administrative structure and flexible, agile and efficient, in the service of the mission of higher education academic institutions.
3. The development of a culture of self-assessment, generate a critical and constructive spirit of continuous improvement.
4. The existence of a graduate program that tracks long-term corporate performance, involve graduate experience in university life and realize the requirement that learning should continue throughout life.
5. The implementation of a model of university welfare that makes life enjoyable in the cloister and facilitate the resolution of unmet needs in health, culture, living, recreation and economic and working conditions.
6. Achieving sufficient to ensure compliance with quality goals, welfare and ability to project into the future, according to the needs of the region and the country's resources.
This is without prejudice to the institutional viability, applications for registration qualified programs of the institutions of state higher education will have full state funding.
The Ministry of National Education with the teachers and principals shall determine by resolution the specific characteristics of quality of higher education programs. In the process of defining these characteristics the general elements of each program will be identified, without prejudice to the higher education institutions to include in their curricula elements that particularize, under no affect constitutional authority in matters of university autonomy . Effective Jurisprudence
ARTICLE 3. Administrative action may not exceed six (6) months from the date of filing, in due form, and compliance requirements of the corresponding application. In the course of the performance academic respective pairs who must perform verification visit coordinated by an official of the Vice Ministry of Higher Education will be appointed and who will coordinate the presentation of the evaluation report to the Ministry of National Education and the National Intersectoral Commission for assurance of higher education, cognacs, Commission shall issue its opinion recommending the Ministry of education grant or not qualified registration. Effective Jurisprudence
From the establishment, in due form, the application for registration of qualified, by the Institution of Higher Education, Ministry of National Education has a period of six (6) months for the granting or registration . Fulfilled the term established without the Ministry communicate the granting or registration not qualified or not mediate any explanatory answer to justify the delay it means that there is a positive response in accordance with the Administrative Code. Such silence will lead to disciplinary investigation against the responsible official.
PARÁGRAFO. A higher education institution will attend the rights enshrined in the Administrative Code.
ARTICLE 4. The information received by the Ministry of Education in developing the processes of assessment and verification of programs and institutions of higher education, will the nature reserve, and may only be known by the institution concerned through its legal representative or proxy.
The Ministry of Education published in the National Information System of Higher Education, SNIES, favorable decisions corresponding evaluation processes.
The 5th ITEM. All higher education institutions may offer academic programs propaedeutic cycles to the professional level, in all fields and areas of knowledge in compliance with the quality conditions provided for in this law and adjusting them to different levels, modalities and methodologies educational.
ARTICLE 6o. Institutions of higher education regarding academic programs in operation and have ongoing application of qualified registration, and have presented them in the terms set by the Ministry of Education, while such requests are resolved, they may be without some of the different sources of funding and financing programs for students, programs and institutions of higher education offered by private public entities, mixed character or solidarity sector and Icetex restriction.
ARTICLE 7. This law governs from its enactment and repeal all provisions which are contrary, in particular article 1 of Decree 2566 of 2003
The President of the honorable Senate, Nancy Patricia Gutiérrez
The Secretary General of the honorable Senate,
EMILIO RAMÓN OTERO DAJUD.
The President of the honorable House of Representatives
GROVE OSCAR PALACE.
The Secretary-General (E) of the honorable House of Representatives,
JESUS ALFONSO RODRÍGUEZ CAMARGO.
REPUBLIC OF COLOMBIA - NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
published and enforced.
Given in Bogotá, DC, on April 25, 2008.
Alvaro Uribe Minister of Finance and Public Credit, Óscar Iván Zuluaga
The Minister of National Education CECILIA MARIA VELEZ WHITE