ACT 403 OF 1997
Official Gazette No. 43,116, of 28 August 1997
Whereby stimuli for the voters are set. Summary
CONGRESS OF COLOMBIA DECREES
ARTICLE 1o. Voting is a right and a civic duty. Participation through voting in political, civic and community life is considered a positive attitude of support for democratic institutions, and as such be recognized, facilitated and encouraged by the authorities. Effective Jurisprudence
. As a citizen who exercises his right to vote in the elections legitimate and events related to other mechanisms of participation constitutionally authorized, enjoy the following benefits: Effective Decisions
1. Any person who has participated in the voting immediately preceding shall be entitled to preferred unjustifiably against those who have not done so, in case of equal scores on entrance exams to public or private institutions of higher education.
2. Any person who has participated in the voting immediately prior to recruitment into military service shall be entitled to a rebate of one (1) month time providing this service, in the case of high school graduates or auxiliary troops of police high school, and two ( 2) months in the case of peasant soldiers or regular soldiers.
3. Any person who has participated in the immediately preceding ballot shall be entitled to preferred unjustifiably against those who have not already done so, in case of equal score in the list of countries eligible for state employment career.
4. Who has exercised the right to vote in the immediately preceding ballot shall be entitled to be preferred against those who unjustifiably did not, in the award of educational grants, rural properties and housing subsidies offered by the state, in case of equality strict conditions established in open competition.
5. The official student higher education institution shall be entitled to a discount of 10% of the cost of tuition, if credited cast ballots in the last vote held prior to the start of the respective academic periods. Effective Notes
6. . Effective Notes
7. Who has exercised the right to vote will benefit, for once, a discount of ten percent (10%) in the value of issue of passport requests during the four (4) years following the vote. This percentage is deducted from the value of the passport that goes to the nation. Effective Notes
8. Who establishes that he defrayed entitled to the following discounts during the period up to the following ratings:
a) Ten percent (10%) of the value to cancel processing by way of initial issue and renewal of criminal record;
B) Ten percent (10%) of the value to be canceled on account of initial processing and issuance of duplicate of the Military Book.
C) Ten percent (10%) of the value to cancel for duplicates of the identity card of the second duplicate onwards. Effective Notes
ARTICLE 3o. The citizen is entitled to half a day of compensatory rest paid for the time they use to fulfill its role as a voter. Such compensatory rest enjoy the next day of the vote, in agreement with the employer month.
. It is considered justified the electoral abstention in a particular vote when within fifteen (15) days following the municipal ballots days the applicant demonstrates irrefutably to the Municipal Registrar or District Civil Status or Consulate where your card is registered, which he is not defrayed by force majeure.
If the Municipal or District Registrar of Civil Status or the Consul will accept excuse, issue the electoral certificate referred to in the following article.
If the excuse whatever not accepted, the applicant may appeal the decision to the immediate superior.
The 5th ARTICLE. Create the Electoral Certificate as full proof of duty of citizens to vote, which will be awarded by juries polling station, or the Municipal or District Registrar of Civil Status or the Consul of where the card be registered.
PARAGRAFO. The National Government will regulate everything related to the Electoral Certificate, determine the time and manner of issue, the same as its successive for endorsements.
. During the ninety (90) days prior to the date of each election, or the day when an event of citizen participation in national or territorial nature be performed days, this law will be disclosed through the media of the State, therefore the National Government and the respective sectional or local administrations. Likewise, it will be released in establishments of secondary and higher education. Effective Jurisprudence
Article 7. This law applies from the promulgation.
The President of the honorable Senate,
LUIS FERNANDO LONDOÑO CAPURRO.
The Secretary General of the honorable Senate,
PUMAREJO PEDRO VEGA.
The President of the honorable House of Representatives,
GIOVANNI LAMBOGLIA MAZZILLI.
The Secretary General of the honorable House of Representatives, DIEGO VIVAS
REPUBLIC OF COLOMBIA - NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
published and execute.
Given in Santa Fe de Bogota, DC, on August 27, 1997.
Ernesto Samper Pizano Interior Minister,
CARLOS HOLMES TRUJILLO GARCIA.