403 OF 1997
Official Journal No. 43,116 of 28 August 1997
For which stimuli are established for the suffragants.
THE CONGRESS OF COLOMBIA,
ARTICLE 1o. Voting is a citizen's right and duty. Participation by voting in political, civic and community life is seen as a positive attitude of support for democratic institutions, and as such will be recognized, facilitated and stimulated by the authorities.
ARTICLE 2o. Who as a citizen exercises the right to vote legitimately in elections and in events related to other mechanisms Constitutionally authorized participation, will enjoy the following benefits:
1. Those who participated in the immediately preceding votes will have the right to be preferred, against those who have not done so, in the event of a score equal in the entrance exams to the public or private institutions. of higher education.
2. Any person who has participated in the voting immediately prior to the recruitment of the military service shall be entitled to a reduction of one (1) month in the time of service of this service, in the case of baccalaureate or auxiliary soldiers. Baccalaureate police, and two (2) months, in the case of peasant soldiers or regular soldiers.
3. Anyone who participated in the vote immediately above will have the right to be preferred, in the case of those who unjustifiably have not done so, in the event of a score equal in the list of eligible for a career in the State.
4. Those who have exercised the right to vote in the immediately preceding vote will have the right to be preferred, against those who unjustifiably did not do so, in the award of educational scholarships, rural and housing subsidies that offer the State, in the case of a level playing field strictly established in open competition.
5. The student of the official institution of higher education will be entitled to a discount of 10% of the cost of the tuition, if he credits having suffraged in the last vote taken before the beginning of the respective academic periods.
7. 2 of Law 815 of 2003. The new text is as follows: > Who has exercised the right to vote will benefit, for a single time, from a ten percent reduction (10%) in the value of the passport he requests during the four (4) years following the voting. This percentage will be deducted from the value of the passport that goes to the Nation.
8. 2 of Law 815 of 2003. The new text is as follows: > Who accredits having suffragado will be entitled to the following discounts for the time that elapses until the following votes:
a) Ten per cent (10 per cent) of the value to cancel for initial issue processing and renewal of the judicial past;
b) Ten percent (10%) of the value to cancel for initial processing and issue of duplicates of the Military Book.
c) Ten percent (10%) of the value to be cancelled by duplicates of the citizenship card of the second duplicate onwards.
ARTICLE 3o. The citizen will be entitled to a half day of paid compensatory rest for the time he uses to fulfill his role as an elector. Such compensatory rest shall be enjoyed in the month following the day of the vote, in agreement with the employer.
ARTICLE 4. The electoral abstention is considered justified in a given vote when within fifteen (15) days following the municipal elections the person concerned shows, in a feisty manner before the Municipal or District Registrar of the Civil State or Consul of the place where your cedula is registered, which does not suffer by force majeure or fortuitous case.
If the Municipal or District Registrar of the Civil State or the Consul accepts the excuse, it shall issue the electoral certificate of the following article.
If the excuse is not accepted, the person concerned may appeal the decision to the immediate superior.
ARTICLE 5o. Create the Electoral Certificate as full proof of the citizen's compliance with the duty to vote, which will be issued by the voting table juries, or the Municipal or District Registrar of the State Civil or the Consul of the place where the cedula is registered.
PARAGRAFO. The National Government will regulate everything related to the Electoral Certificate, determine the time and form of its expedition, as well as its successive endorsements.
ARTICLE 6o. During the ninety (90) days prior to the date of each election, or the day a citizen participation event is to be held of a national or territorial nature, this law shall be disclosed through the means of communication of the State, both by the National Government and by the respective local or local administrations. It will also be made known in the middle and higher education establishments.
ARTICLE 7o. This law governs from enactment.
The President of the honorable Senate of the Republic,
LUIS FERNANDO LONDONO CAPURRO.
The Secretary General of the honorable Senate of the Republic,
PEDRO PUMAREJO VEGA.
The President of the honorable House of Representatives,
GIOVANNI LAMBOGLIA MAZZILLI.
The Secretary General of the honorable House of Representatives,
DIEGO VIVAS TAFUR.
Publish and execute.
Dada en Santa Fe de Bogotá, D. C., on August 27, 1997.
ERNESTO SAMPER PIZANO
The Minister of the Interior,
CARLOS HOLMES TRUJILLO GARCIA.