ACT 370 OF 1997
Official Gazette No. 43,045, of May 21, 1997
THE CONGRESS OF THE REPUBLIC
Through which the "Framework Agreement between the Government submits of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic on economic, scientific and technological
", signed in Athens on 16 December 1994. Summary
Term Notes DECREES
having regard to the text of the "Framework Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic on economic, scientific and technological cooperation" signed in Athens on 16 December 1994. | || (to be transliterated: full text copy of the certificate of that instrument, duly authenticated by the Head of the Legal Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are attached).
FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic on economic, scientific and technological cooperation,
The Government of the Hellenic Republic and the Government of the Republic of Colombia, | || hereinafter referred to collectively as "the Contracting Parties"
Wanting to promote technological development of economic, scientific and including in areas of common interest and on the basis of equality, mutual benefit and reciprocity, || | Recognizing the importance of long-term measures that lead the successful development of cooperation and strengthening of ties between them at various levels, particularly at the level of their economic operators,
have agreed as follows:
1. The Contracting Parties shall make every effort, within their respective legislation and related regulations and taking into account their international commitments and agreements between the European Union and the Republic of Colombia, to develop and strengthen economic, scientific cooperation and technology, on broader bases possible in all fields deemed of mutual interest and benefit.
2. Such cooperation will particularly target:
To strengthen and diversify economic, scientific and technological links between the contracting parties.
Explore and open new markets.
Stimulate cooperation between economic operators, including small and medium enterprises in order to promote trade, investment, accounts in participation (joint ventures), licensing agreements and other forms of cooperation between them .
Promoting scientific and technological progress and technology transfer, as the conclusion of appropriate interinstitutional agreements.
3. The Contracting Parties, within the framework of their respective powers, can realize any agreement deemed necessary for the future development of economic, scientific and technological cooperation.
1. The cooperation article 1 is concerned, particularly extended to the following sectors:
Science and Technology.
Agriculture, fishing and forestry.
Agribusiness and rural development.
Energy, in particular solar and wind energy.
Marine technology, including construction and repair of ships.
Construction and housing.
Transportation, including maritime transposes.
Banking, insurance and other financial services.
Vocational and management training.
2. The Contracting Parties shall consult to identify priority areas for cooperation, as well as new sectors of economic, scientific and technological cooperation.
1. Economic cooperation that this Agreement shall be carried out mainly on the basis of agreements and contracts between companies, organizations and Greek and Colombian firms, subject to the laws of each contracting party.
2. The Contracting Parties shall make every effort to facilitate this activity by creating favorable conditions for economic cooperation, particularly by the following means:
Developing a favorable investment climate.
Facilitating the exchange of economic and commercial information.
Facilitating exchanges and contacts between their economic operators.
Facilitating the organization of fairs, exhibitions, symposia, etc.
Encouraging trade promotion activities.
1. The Contracting Parties shall create favorable for the development of scientific and technological cooperaeión including conditions, as well as between their respective organizations or public or private institutions, governmental and non-governmental organizations, according to their national priorities and subject to its laws.
This cooperation may be, among others, through the following ways:
exchange of scientists, researchers and experts.
Development of joint research programs.
Organization development programs in fields of mutual interest.
Provision of scientific and technical knowledge.
Organization of symposia and seminars.
Exchange of information and data.
Provision of equipment and necessary to carry out specific projects material.
Granting scholarships for specialization.
The 5th ITEM.
1. A Joint Committee is constituted with the aim of ensuring the implementation of this agreement.
2. The Joint Committee shall consist of representatives of the Contracting Parties and shall meet at the request of either party through diplomatic channels in place and when mutually agreed upon.
3. The Joint Committee shall have the following functions:
ensure the proper functioning of this agreement.
Coordinate activities, projects and specific operations related to the objectives of the agreement, proposing the necessary means for its implementation and monitoring relevant.
Identify new areas of cooperation.
Find appropriate methods to solve problems that may arise in relation to the implementation of the agreement and, if necessary, formulate respective recommendations.
1. This agreement will become effective sixty (60) days after the date of the last written by one of the Contracting Parties to the other notice, and after the internal procedures required for this purpose have been met. It shall remain in force for five (5) years.
2. A unless notice of termination by either Party, with a minimum advance of six (6) months after its expiration, this Agreement shall be tacitly extended for successive periods of one (1) year, reserving each party the right to terminate prior notice at least six (6) months in advance.
3. In connection with the agreements and contracts that operators, organizations or institutions of one of the two Contracting Parties based on this Convention have arrived, the preceding articles shall remain in force until the completion of these agreements and contracts.
Signed in duplicate in the city of Athens, the 16th day of December in 1994, in languages Spanish, Greek and English texts being equally authentic. In case of divergence, the interpretation shall prevail agreed to the English text.
For the Government of the Republic of Colombia:
Mario Calderon Rivera.
For the Government of the Hellenic Republic:
Deputy Minister of National Economy,
The undersigned Head of the Legal Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs CERTIFICA
That this faithful reproduction is taken from the original copy of the "Framework Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic on economic, scientific and technological cooperation, "which is on file in the Legal Office of the Ministry.
Given in Santa Fe de Bogota, DC, at twenty (28) days of the month of November in 1995 (1995).
HÉCTOR Sintura ADOLFO VARELA,
Head of the Legal Office. RAMA
PUBLIC POWER EXECUTIVE PRESIDENCY OF THE REPUBLIC
Santa Fe de Bogota, DC, November 28, 1995 Approved
. Submit to the consideration of the honorable National Congress for constitutional purposes
Ernesto Samper Pizano (Sgd.) RODRIGO PARDO GARCÍA-PEÑA.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, DECREES
ITEM 1A. Approval of the "Framework Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic on economic, scientific and technological cooperation" signed in Athens on 16 December in 1994 (1994).
ARTICLE 2A. In accordance with the provisions of article 1 of the 7th Act of 1944, the "framework between the Government of the Republic of Colombia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic on economic, scientific and technological cooperation agreement" signed in Athens on 16 December in 1994 (1994), that article 1 of this law is passed, it will force the country from the date the international link is perfect therefrom.
ARTICLE 3A. This law applies from the date of publication.
LUIS FERNANDO LONDOÑO CAPURRO.
The President of the honorable Senate,
PUMAREJO PEDRO VEGA.
The Secretary General of the honorable Senate,
GIOVANNY LAMBOGLIA MAZZILLI.
The President of the honorable House of Representatives,
DIEGO VIVAS TAFUR.
The Secretary General of the honorable House of Representatives,
REPUBLIC OF COLOMBIA-NATIONAL GOVERNMENT INFORMED AND PUBLISHED
prior review by the Constitutional Court, pursuant to Article 241-10 of the Constitution.
Given in Santa Fe de Bogota, DC, 16 May 1997.
Ernesto Samper Pizano VÉLEZ Maria Emma Mejia.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, CABRALES
ORLANDO JOSE MARTINEZ.
The Minister of Economic Development