1995 (December 21)
Official Gazette No. 42,171, of December 29, 1995
Whereby the corporation for peaceful coexistence in the region of Urabá, fellow citizen is created. Summary
Term Notes DECREES
ARTICLE 1o. Create the Corporation for peaceful coexistence in the region of Urabá, fellow citizen, which will aim to advance programs to achieve peaceful coexistence among the inhabitants of this region through the adoption of financing projects, financing and support overall, the population of the region.
The institute will operate as a public establishment of national, attached to the Ministry of Interior, have legal, administrative autonomy and its own assets and have an address for the municipality of Apartado, Antioquia department.
PARÁGRAFO. For the purposes of this Act, it is understood that the Uraba region includes the municipalities of Apartado, Arboletes, Carepa, Chigorodó, Murindó, Mutatá, Necocli, San Juan de Uraba, San Pedro de Urabá, Turbo, Vigia del Fuerte, Dabeiba , Uramita, Peque, Cañasgordas, Frontino, Urrao, Giraldo Buritica and Abriaquí in the department of Antioquia; Canelete, Los Córdobas, Puerto Escondido, Tierralta, Valencia and Moñitos in the department of Cordoba and Acandí, Bojacyá, and Unguía Riosucio in the department of Choco.
. The functions of the corporation for peaceful coexistence in the region of Urabá, fellow citizen, without prejudice to those assigned by the Constitution and the law to other bodies, institutions and presidential programs, the following:
1. Take action to strengthen a culture of respect for human rights in the region, as well as for their dissemination and the means to guarantee and protection.
2. Overtaking programs broadcast mechanisms of peaceful conflict resolution and rapprochement of justice to citizens.
3. Run in coordination with the Ministry of Interior through the Fund for Citizen Participation and other competent authorities, plans and programs aimed at achieving effective citizen participation in matters of interest to the region within the framework of the constitution and the law.
4. Organize and promote programs access to cultural, sporting, artistic and recreational development that contribute to the peaceful coexistence of the inhabitants of the region.
5. Develop community mechanisms to facilitate the participation of the inhabitants in the various media for the expression of their needs.
6. Promote in coordination with the Ministry of Education, ICFES, Icetex and other competent authorities of the national and sectional levels, access to education at all levels.
7. Promote in coordination with the Ministry of Health and other public and private organizations, access to health services of the inhabitants of the towns in the region of Urabá.
8. To provide, in coordination with the Ministry of Economic Development, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Inurbe and Social Solidarity Network and other authorities for access by the inhabitants of the region to programs of rural or urban housing.
9. Run, in coordination with the Ministry of Labour and Social Security, the National Apprenticeship Service and other competent authorities, programs aimed at employment generation and training of manpower in the region.
10. Study and propose to the competent authorities, funding mechanisms activities and works of infrastructure and public services requiring the region and carried out in coordination with the National Planning Department, monitoring the implementation of the resources allocated to she.
11. Verify compliance with the National Plan for Alternative, Plant Development and make recommendations to the Government on the policy of substitution of illicit crops in the region.
12. Manage resources for plans, programs and social investment projects, allocated through the Co-financing Fund for Social Investment, FIS, as well as serving as manager and coordinator for the management of the resources that the FIS grants directly organism, as indicative quota to municipalities, in the region of Urabá, without being subject to the provisions of the 5th paragraph. Article 23 of Decree 2132 of 1992. The allocation and disbursement will be made with special emergency procedure adopted jointly by the FIS and fellow citizen.
13. Verify compliance with the national Decree No. 2817 of 17 December 1991 and make recommendations to the Government in customs matters.
14. Make recommendations to the Government on the characteristics of its purpose and functions materials.
15. Other than it has under the law, as the establishment of national public order and necessary for the fulfillment of its purpose and functions. PARAGRAPH 1.
. Developing programs come or start the Social Solidarity Network in the region of Urabá, they should come forward in coordination with fellow citizen. PARAGRAPH 2.
. Functions referred to in this Article shall be fulfilled by fellow citizen, directly or through the competent authorities.
ARTICLE 3. The corporation shall have a board composed of:
- The Minister of Interior or his delegate, who will preside.
- Minister of Labour and Social Security or his representative.
- The Minister of National Education or his delegate.
- The presidential delegate for Urabá.
- Three representatives of the President of the Republic, who shall be appointed taking into account the different departments that make up the corporation.
- The governor of Antioquia department or his delegate.
- The governor of the department of Cordoba or his delegate.
- The governor of the department of Choco or his delegate.
- Three mayors of the municipalities in the region elected by all the mayors of it.
PARÁGRAFO. At board meetings may attend the executive director, who will speak but not vote on them.
ARTICLE 4. The functions of the board:
1. Formulate and agree own agency policies and general guidelines for the development of their activities and ensure compliance.
2. Adopt the budget of the corporation.
3. Adopt the statutes, the administrative structure of the corporation and the staffing, which will be global, necessary for the performance of their duties.
These acts required for validity of the approval of the Government.
4. Establish criteria to guide the expenditure towards social sectors of the population affected by the violence and identify those programs that are eligible for funding.
5. Define citizen participation mechanisms for the coordination of the policies adopted to implement the purpose of the corporation.
6. Organize procedures for monitoring and evaluation of programs that should advance the corporation.
7. Delegate tasks to the executive director and authorize it to delegate those incumbent upon it.
8. Submit a monthly report to the Government on the implementation of the activities of its purpose and functions.
9. Monthly submit a public report on the results obtained in the development of their activities.
10. The other duties assigned by law, the national government or the statutes of the entity.
The 5th ITEM. The corporation shall have an executive director appointed and removed by the President of the Republic, who will be his agent and legal representative of the entity.
Addition to the functions legally entitled to the legal representatives of decentralized entities, the Executive Director shall establish programs to run the corporation in accordance with the guidelines set by the board.
ARTICLE 6o. The assets of the corporation is comprised of:
1. Items that are assigned in the national budget.
2. Resources from internal and external credit.
3. Resources from national and international cooperation.
4. Movable and immovable assets acquired any title.
5. Donations received.
6. Other property for any title.
ARTICLE 7. While the staffing of the corporation is adopted, the Executive Director may request the various public national entities, their competition to advance the activities belong. To this end, those entities will commission officials as required.
Article 8. The contracts signed by the corporation for peaceful coexistence in the region of Urabá, fellow citizen shall be governed by the rules on direct contracts contained in Law 80 of 1993 on public procurement.
Article 9. The corporation shall submit reports of its activities to Congress every year and will be valid for 5 years.
A representation of the First Commissions of the Senate and Chamber, composed of three (3) senators and three (3) representatives, assessed annually with the Minister of the Interior, the need to maintain in whole or in part such corporation.
ARTICLE 10. This law governs from the date of its enactment.
Published and execute.
Given in Bogota, DC 21 December 1995.
The President of the Senate of the Republic,
JULIUS CAESAR Tulena WAR.
The Secretary of the Senate of the Republic,
PUMAREJO PEDRO VEGA.
The President of the Chamber of Representatives,
Rodrigo Rivera Salazar.
The Secretary of the Chamber of Representatives, DIEGO VIVAS
REPUBLIC OF COLOMBIA - NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
published and execute.
Given in Bogota, DC, on 21 December 1995.
Ernesto Samper Pizano The Interior Minister Horacio Serpa Uribe
The Minister of Finance and Public Credit, WILLIAM PERRY RUBIO