ACT 109 OF 1994
Official Journal No. 41.167 of 11 January 1994
For which the National Printing of Colombia is transformed into Industrial and Commercial Enterprise of the State.
THE CONGRESS OF COLOMBIA,
ARTICLE 1o. ORGANIZATION. The National Printing Office, which was assigned as Division of the Revolving Fund of the Ministry of Justice, by Decree 820 of 1974 and by Decree 2160 of December 30, 1992, is part of the National Penitentiary and Prison Institute, INPEC, is transformed into Industrial and Commercial Enterprise of the State, that is to say that it will possess legal personality, own and independent patrimony and administrative autonomy, linked to the Ministry of Justice, whose name or social reason will be Printing National of Colombia.
ARTICLE 2o. OBJECTIVE OF THE NATIONAL PRINTING WORKS OF COLOMBIA. 1 of Decree 960 of 2013. The new text is as follows: > The object of the National Printing of Colombia, is the edition design, printing, dissemination, marketing and distribution of the norms, documents, public policies, printed and publications of the entities national members of the branches of public power in Colombia, in order to guarantee legal certainty.
You can also edit, design, print, disclose, market and distribute the documents and graphic communication needs of the national entities that make up the Public Power Ramas.
The above does not prevent the National Printing of Colombia from being able to provide its services to private individuals, or to territorial entities under the conditions and characteristics of the market.
ARTICLE 3o. HOME. The main address of the National Printing Office of Colombia will be the city of Santafe of Bogota, D.C.
ARTICLE 4. FUNTIONS. 2 of Decree 960 of 2013. The new text is as follows: > According to its object, are functions of the National Printing of Colombia, the following:
1. Edit, print, disclose and market, as a guarantor of legal certainty, the rules, documents, publications and print of the national entities that make up the Public Power Ramas in Colombia.
2. To edit, print, disseminate and market the rules, documents, publications and printed matter of the territorial entities, under the conditions and characteristics of the market.
3. To provide the services of design, editing, printing, dissemination and marketing of documents, publications and printed to individuals, under the conditions and characteristics of the market.
4. To meet the requirements of goods and services of graphic communication of national, territorial and private entities, under the conditions and characteristics of the market.
5. Direct, disclose and print the "Official Journal", publishing the rules and administrative acts of the state entities, in accordance with the legal provisions in force.
6. Print and publish the Congress Gazette, the Judicial Gazette, the Constitutional Gazette, the Council of State Annals and other publications of the Judicial Branch.
7. Support the National Government for the dissemination of the acts, official documents, regulations, public policies, plans, programs and projects in the way they are requested.
8. Organize and administer the archive of documents, newspapers, gazettes, bulletins, brochures and other publications and products produced in the National Press of Colombia for subsequent consultation and information of the community, using the technologies existing.
9. Carry out the marketing and distribution of the products that it generates, under the conditions that are determined for each case.
10. Use the most appropriate technological means to provide the publishing, publishing, printing, dissemination, marketing and other graphic communication needs of the present decree.
11. The other ones that point to the rules in force and the statutes.
PARAGRAFO. For the purposes of the development and execution of the functions of the National Printing of Colombia, the management of institutional image, as well as any medium, is understood as the need for graphic communication. uses to disclose an institutional message or to transmit or communicate an institutional image, public policy, plans, programs, projects, campaign, concept or whole idea of the entity that requests it and that has been evaluated by it within their communication strategy.
The graphic communication comprises all elements, means, materials and others that allow to transmit institutional or corporate messages in a visual way, such as posters, pendons, fences, notices, office elements, garments clothing, portable media for the storage of information, institutional advertising material, among others.
ARTICLE 5o. OBLIGATION. Ministers, Administrative Departments, Superintendencies, Special Administrative Units, Public Establishments of the National Order, and the Law and Judicial Branch Offices are obliged to contract their publications and printed on the articles 2o. and 4o. of this Law with the National Printing of Colombia. When the National Printing Press of Colombia, in the works provided for in the number 3o. of article 4or. of this Law, it cannot meet the requirements of the applicant, or the latter accredit with the respective quotations that the conditions of price and/or term in the private sector are more favorable, will authorize him to contract the work with third parties. The processing of the collection accounts must be accompanied, in these cases, by the respective certification issued by the Colombian National Press. The entities referred to in this Law are also authorized to contract with third parties if the National Press of Colombia does not respond to its request within ten (10) working days, counted from the date of receipt of the respective request.
ARTICLE 6o. ADDRESS AND ADMINISTRATION. The National Printing of Colombia will be administered by a Board of Directors and a General Manager, who will represent it legally, will have the character of a public employee and will be of free appointment and removal of the President of the Republic.
ARTICLE 7o. BOARD OF DIRECTIVE. The Board of Directors shall be composed of the following members:
(a) The Minister of Justice or his delegate, who shall preside over it;
b) The Minister of Government or his delegate;
(c) The Head of the Administrative Department of the Presidency of the Republic or its delegate;
d) The Minister of Education or his delegate;
e) A worker representative;
f) Secretary General Senate;
g) Secretary General Camera.
ARTICLE 8o. FUNTIONS. The Board of Directors will perform the following functions:
1. To formulate the general policy of the Colombian National Press, plans and programs that, according to the rules that the National Planning Department has, should be proposed for incorporation into the sectoral plans.
2. Monitor the implementation of the annual operational programming and ensure compliance with the financial and physical investment targets.
3. Approve the annual budget of the National Printing Press and its modifications as laid down in the existing legal rules.
4. To arrange for the hiring of internal and external loans to the National Printing of Colombia and to approve them in the amounts that are established.
5. To indicate to the Management the general policies of production within which the activity of the company must be developed.
6. Adopt the internal statutes, the organic structure and the personnel plant of the National Printing Company of Colombia, pointing out the functions that are required for the fulfillment of the objectives and plans of the Company.
7. To determine the salary and loan scale of the workers of the National Printing Press of Colombia.
8. Delegate to the General Manager those functions which it considers relevant and indicate which it may delegate to other officials.
9. To authorize the acquisition of real estate, machinery or equipment that is required for the purpose of the objective.
10. To establish the fees for the publication in the Official Journal of the acts and contracts specified by the law.
11. To regulate the investment of capital resources; such investments can only be made up to a limit that does not, affect the liquidity necessary for the fulfillment of the objectives of the Company.
12. Other than the law, the respective statutes and regulations.
ARTICLE 9o. HERITAGE. The heritage of the National Printing Press of Colombia, is constituted by:
1. All the assets and resources corresponding to the Work Fund of the National Printing Division of the Ministry of Justice and which, by Decree 2160 of 30 December 1992, are part of the National Institute's patrimony Prison and Prison, INPEC, or the Ministry of Justice's Rotary Fund, as the case may be.
2. The charges for publication of the acts and contracts in the Official Journal, in accordance with the rates laid down by the Board of Directors.
3. The revenue by concept of the sale of its products and services.
4. All investments, deposits in money and financial performance that as a result of the industrial and commercial operations carried out by the National Printing Press, are located in the name of the Rotary Fund of the Ministry of Justice-Division National printing works, under any name.
5. All movable and immovable property which is at the service of the current National Printing Division and which it has acquired.
6. The accrecias and debentures listed in the name of the current National Printing Division or that the Rotary Fund of the Ministry of Justice has constituted for the development of the operations of the National Printing Office, now assigned to the INPEC.
7. Donations received by the Company from public entities or natural or legal persons from the country or abroad, with prior authorization from the Board of Directors.
8. The ordinary or extraordinary contributions that they allocate annually in the National Budget.
9. Other goods that you acquire or receive for any title.
ARTICLE 10. REPLACEMENT. The National Printing Office of Colombia will replace the Ministry of Justice's Rotary Fund in contracts, contractual processes and agreements concluded with the budget of the National Printing Division.
ARTICLE 11. STAFF REGIME. The persons who work at the service of the National Printing Office of Colombia shall have the status of official workers, with the exception of the General Manager and those who consecrate the respective statutes to be performed by public employees.
ARTICLE 12. WAGE AND LOAN ARRANGEMENTS. The salary and loan arrangements of public employees currently linked to the National Printing Division of the Ministry of Justice's Rotary Fund will be determined by the Board's agreement. Directive, but under no circumstances can it be improved as a result of the application of the rules of this Law.
ARTICLE 13. LINKAGE. Employees who, at the time of this Law, are providing their services to the National Printing Division of the Ministry of Justice's Rotary Fund, merged into INPEC, must be incorporated without a solution continuity to the personnel plant that is established to serve the functions of the National Printing Office of Colombia.
ARTICLE 14. BUDGET. The National Government is empowered to make adjustments, transfers and budgetary additions necessary to comply with this Law.
ARTICLE 15. This Law governs from the date of its publication and repeals any provisions that are contrary to it.
The President of the honorable Senate of the Republic,
JORGE RAMON ELIAS NADER
The Secretary of the Honourable Senate of the Republic,
PEDRO PUMAREJO VEGA.
The President of the honorable House of Representatives,
JOSE JATTIN SAFAR
The Secretary General of the honorable House of Representatives,
DIEGO VIVAS TAFUR
Republic of Colombia-National Government
Publish and execute.
Dada en Santafe de Bogota, D.C., on 11 January 1994.
CESAR GAVIRIA TRUJILLO
The Minister of Justice and Law,
ANDRES GONZALEZ DIAZ
Provisions analyzed by the Legal Advance Casa Editorial Ltda. ©
"Laws since 1992-Expressed Effective and Constitutionality Sentences"
ISSN [1657-6241 (Online)]
Last Updated: September 23, 2016
The validity notes, concordances, editor's notes, form of presentation and disposition of the
compilation is protected by copyright rules. In relation to these values
In addition, it is prohibited by the current regulations to be used in publications
similar and for commercial purposes, including-but not only-copying, adaptation, transformation,
reproduction, use and mass disclosure, as well as any other use expressly prohibited by
the rules on copyright, which is contrary to the rules on promotion of the
competence or requiring express and written permission from the authors and/or holders of
the copyright. In case of doubt or request for authorization, you can contact the
617-0729 in Bogota, extension 101. The entry to the page assumes acceptance of the rules
The use of the information contained here.