Name of law law amending and supplementing the law on power generation Named the Bill a bill amending and supplementing the law on energy acceptance Number 28/06/2013 date/year Official Gazette 59/2013 Decree No 133
On the grounds of art. 98, paragraph 4 of the Constitution of the Republic of Bulgaria
To be published in the Official Gazette the law amending and supplementing the law on energy adopted by the HLÌI National Assembly on 28 June 2013.
Issued in Sofia on 1 July 2013.
The President of the Republic: Rosen Plevneliev
Stamped with the State seal.
Minister of Justice:
for an amendment to the Energy Act (promulgated, SG. 107 since 2003; amend., no. 18 of 2004, no. 18 and 95 by 2005, issue 30, 65 and 74 in 2006, 49, 55 and 59 since 2007, issue 36, 43 and 98 in 2008, issue 35, 41, 42, 82 and 103 of 2009. , PC. 54 and 97 from 2010, PC. 35 and 47 by 2011, issue. 38, 54 and 82 by 2012 PCs. 15, 20 and 23 of the 2013)
§ 1. In art. 21, para. 1 make the following amendments and additions:
1. item 8 (a):
' 8A. determined for each pricing period limit value the cost of grid operator for the purchase of standing charges for cold reserve on the basis of a tender procedure; ".
2. point 12 is replaced by the following: 12. accepting and verifying the implementation of the methodology for determining the prices of electrical energy of the provider of last resort; ".
3. point 21 is amended as follows:
"21. determine availability for the production of electric power producers, from which the public supplier to buy electricity, as well as the quantity of electricity, in accordance with which the public service provider to enter into deals with the suppliers;".
§ 2. In art. 23 shall create item 12 and 13:
"12. the establishment of guarantees for the protection of final customers;
13. creation of conditions to ensure the balance between production and consumption of electric power in the domestic market. "
§ 3. In art. 30, para. 1 make the following amendments and additions:
1. In paragraph 1, the words "and/or end suppliers" shall be deleted.
2. Section 2 is repealed.
3. point 10 shall be replaced by the following:
"10. admission and/or transmission through the grid;".
4. Point 13 shall be replaced by the following:
13. admission and/or transmission in electric networks; ".
5. an item 17:17. including the cost or price of komponentata, through which all final customers connected to the power system, participate in offset the cost under art. 35. "
§ 4. In art. 31 the following endorsements are added:
1. In paragraph 3, after the word "prices" may "be added.
2. In point 7 finally adds "connected to the power system".
§ 5. In art. 34 the following modifications are made:
1. Paragraph 6 is replaced by the following:
"(6) the way to compensate for the nev″zstanovâemite cost is determined by the mechanism for the distribution of these costs in a transparent manner between end customers connected to the power system and/or any other order provided for in the law."
2. Paragraph 7 is hereby repealed.
§ 6. In art. 35 para. 5 and 6 are amended: "(5) the way to offset the costs arising from the obligations to society, is determined by the methodology adopted by the Commission for the allocation of these costs in a transparent manner among all end-users, including users of electricity imports, connected to the power system and/or any other order provided for in law.
(6) the obligations for the purchase of electric energy at preferential rates under the law on renewable energy are realized according to art. 6, item 2 of the law on renewable energy, after deduction of the monetary equivalent of 100 percent of the revenue from the auctions of allowances for greenhouse gas emissions laid down in the law on environmental protection, and 100 percent of the proceeds from the sale of energy from renewable sources by entering contracts for statistical transfer under the law for renewable energy. "
§ 7. In art. 73, para. 1 point 7 shall be replaced by the following:
"7. If it is impossible to maintain a balance between production and consumption at the power system or the occurrence of the deviation of the interconnection to Exchange schedules with neighbouring operators above the permissible limits specified in the rules of art. 83, para. 1, item 4 and in the rules of the European network of transmission system operators for electricity (entso for electricity ").
§ 8. In art. 93 a, para. 2 the words "can" be deleted.
§ 9. New art. 94:
"Art. 94. Terminal suppliers sell the public provider quantities of electrical energy that are purchased under art. 162 and in art. 31 of the law on renewable energy at the price at which it purchased. "
§ 10. In art. create 100 al. 3 and 4:
"(3) all final customers connected to the power system, pay the costs under art. 35.
(4) all traders and manufacturers, which conclude transactions under freely negotiated prices with final customers connected to the power system, pay the provider of public art. 30, para. 1.17 price. "
§ 11. In art. 105 create al. 5, 6 and 7:
(5) failing to provide the necessary quantities of cold reserve by agreeing its provision is required by the Minister of economy and energy by the procedure of art. 70. (6) producers of electric energy are obliged to offer the operator the power grid for buying standing charges for additional services at a rate not less than half of the regulirov″čniâ range of planned work for each month.
(7) the operator of a power grid with a view to the needs of the electricity system and the lowest price criteria determined the quantities referred to in para. 6 subject to redemption. "
§ 12. In art. 162 is hereby amended as follows:
1. Paragraph 1 shall be amended as follows:
"(1) the public provider, respectively the end suppliers, are required to buy from manufacturers connected to the network, the entire quantity of electricity from combined heat and power, registered with a certificate of origin and the quantity of electrical energy necessary to ensure operational reliability of main equipment manufactured over the quantity of electricity from cogeneration, with the exception of the quantities which the manufacturer uses for its own account and for their own use within the meaning of art. 119, para. 1 or have contracts concluded pursuant to Chapter 9, section VII, or with that part of the market in balancing energy, or that is consumed by non-household customers, who do not have the budgetary support, and manufacturer with predominant heat load for business needs provides thermal energy. "
2. in the Al. 3 the words "Minister of economy, energy and tourism" are replaced with "Minister of economy and energy".
§ 13. In other texts of the law the words "Minister of economy, energy and tourism", "Minister of economy, energy and tourism and Ministry of economy, energy and tourism" are replaced with "Minister of economy and energy", "Minister of economy and energy" and "the Ministry of economy and energy".
Transitional and final provisions
§ 14. Price/regulatory period ending on 30 June 2013 for the prices of companies in the Electricity sector "and" Thermal ", may be extended for up to one month from the date of expiry of the period.
§ 15. (1) upon approval of the prices of electricity and thermal energy for the companies whose price/regulatory period expires on June 30, 2013, shall not apply in chapter IV of Decree No. 1 for the regulation of electricity prices (SG. 33 by 2013) and Chapter 3 of the Ordinance to regulate the prices of thermal energy (official SG. 55/04; amend. , PC. 61 of 2007 and PC. 105 since 2008).
(2) upon approval of the prices of electricity and thermal energy for the companies whose price/regulatory period expires on 30 June 2013, the Commission in private session shall adopt the report of the Working Group and draft decision, carrying out public hearing and public comment on the same day and set a time limit for the submission of opinions within three days. After completion of the procedure for public comment on closed session the Commission shall adopt a decision. The decisions may be adopted within 10 days from the adoption of the relevant decision.
§ 16. (1) the by-laws and general administrative acts on the application of the law shall be adopted or adapted in accordance with this Act within three months of its entry into force.
(2) pending the adoption of the regulations and the General administrative acts under para. 1 or to bring them into conformity with this Act apply existing regulations, according to the General administrative acts, in so far as they do not contravene this law.
§ 17. Until 30 June 2015:1. suppliers of last resort buy electricity only from the public supplier of freely negotiated prices, formed in a manner provided for in the procedure under art. 21, para. 1.12;
2. Article 102 shall not apply to suppliers of last resort.
§ 18. Within one month from the entry into force of this Act, the Commission shall adopt methodologies under art. 21, para. 1, 12 and under art. 35, as the deadline for submissions is three days after public discussion.
§ 19. The law on renewable energy sources (official SG. 35 from 2011; amend., SG. 29 and 54 from 2012 and 2013 15) is hereby amended as follows:
1. In art. 6:
a) point 2 is replaced by the following:
2. develop a methodology for the allocation of costs arising from the obligations to purchase under the preferential prices for electricity produced from renewable sources, between all the sweat ucts from other consumers in the internal market; "
b) in point 7, the words "the Minister of economy, energy and tourism" are replaced with "Minister of economy and energy".
2. In other texts of the Act the words "Minister of economy, energy and tourism", "Minister of economy, energy and tourism and Ministry of economy, energy and tourism" are replaced with "Minister of economy and energy", "Minister of economy and energy" and "the Ministry of economy and energy".
§ 20. In the energy efficiency Act (promulgated, SG. 98 from 2008; amend., issue 6, 19, 42 and 82 from 2009, issue 15, 52 and 97 2010/2011 35, no. 38 by 2012, 15 and 24 by 2013) is made the following changes and additions:
1. In art. 58:
a) a new para. 2:
"(2) the proceeds from the sale of emission allowances of greenhouse gases are used for the development of renewable energies to meet the commitment of the European Union for a 20 per cent use of such energy by 2020, the development of technologies contributing to the transition to a safe and sustainable low carbon, support compliance with the commitment to increase energy efficiency as well as encouraging investment in production of electric energy according to the law on renewable energy and related costs arising from the obligations to the community. ";
(b)) the current al. 2 it al. 3.
2. Everywhere in the law the words "Minister of economy, energy and tourism", "Minister of economy, energy and tourism and Ministry of economy, energy and tourism" are replaced with "Minister of economy and energy", "Minister of economy and energy" and "the Ministry of economy and energy".
§ 21. The law shall enter into force on the day of its publication in the Official Gazette.
The law was adopted by the 42nd National Assembly on 28 June 2013 and is stamped with the official seal of the National Assembly.
President of the National Assembly: Mihail Mikov