Read the untranslated law here: http://parliament.bg/bg/laws/ID/15396/
Name of law
Law amending the Law on direct participation of citizens in government and local government
Bill amending the Law on direct participation of citizens in government and local government
Date of adoption
Number / year Official Gazette
DECREE № 143
Pursuant to Art. 98 pt. 4 of the Constitution of the Republic of Bulgaria
To be published in the "Official Gazette" Law amending the Law on direct participation of citizens in government and local government, adopted by the National Assembly HLІІI on July 21, 2015
Released in Sofia on July 23, 2015
President of the Republic: Rosen Plevneliev
stamped with the state seal.
Minister of Justice Hristo Ivanov
Law amending the Law on direct participation of citizens in government and local government (prom. SG. 44 of 2009 .; amend. pcs. 100 of 2010, pcs. 9 2011 SG. 42 of 2012, pcs. 20 and 66 of 2013 pcs. 19 and 98 in 2014)
§ 1. In art. 7 following amendments and additions:
1. In para. 1 in the second sentence the word "election" is replaced by "elected" and creates the third sentence: "In producing both a national referendum and general elections for municipal councilors and mayors municipal electoral commissions perform the functions of organizing the national referendum on the territories of municipalities. "
2. In para. 3 is a second sentence: "The Central Election Commission appointed Precinct Election Commissions abroad."
§ 2. In art. 9, para. 1, 'the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria "are deleted.
§ 3. In art. 10, para. 2 number "500 000" is replaced by "400 000".
§ 4. In art. 13 be made the following amendments:
1. In para. 2 first sentence is amended as follows: "The National Assembly shall immediately forward the petition to the structured electronic form to the Directorate General" Civil Registration and Administrative Services "in the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works, which perform official check no later than 45 days from receipt the subscription. "
2. In para. 4 after the word "subscription" insert "including the establishment of discrepancies subscription with Art. 10, para. 1, p. 5 or par. 2 ".
§ 5. In art. 14 be made the following amendments:
1. A new paragraph. 2:
"(2) The terms under par. 1 shall not apply where within one year from the date of promulgation of the decision of the National Assembly are elected, with the exception of partial and new elections for municipal councilors and mayors. In this case the national referendum and elections are produced on the same date. "
2. Former para. 2 becomes para. 3 and in it the word "holiday" is replaced by "non-working".
§ 6. In art. 16 be made the following amendments:
1. Create a new paragraph. 2 and 3:
"(2) In support of the issue or issues of referendum and the alternative position can be registered parties, coalitions and initiative committees. At the same time a national referendum and election parties and coalitions registered with the Central Election Commission for the elections can use your registration with information and awareness campaign for a national referendum.
(3) Parties, coalitions and initiative committees under par. 2 who are not entitled to state subsidy under the political parties are entitled to funds for media packages at a rate of 40,000 lev, which are available and expended in accordance with Art. 178 of the Electoral Code. "
2. Former para. 2 and 3 shall become para. 4 and 5.
§ 7. In art. 22 words "the whole country" shall be deleted and the word "three" is replaced by "5".
§ 8. In art. 34, para. 3 creates a new third sentence: "In support of the issue or issues of referendum and the alternative position can be registered parties, coalitions and initiative committees." And the current sentence becomes the third sentence of the fourth.
§ 9. In art. 41 be made the following amendments:
1. Paragraph 2 is amended as follows:
"(2) The proposal, the referendum is accepted if it involved no less than 40 percent of registered voters in the municipality and" yes "responded more than half of voters participated in the referendum. "
2. A new paragraph. 3:
"(3) If the referendum is produced simultaneously with the general elections for municipal councilors and mayors, the proposal, the referendum is accepted if" yes "responded more than half of the valid votes in the municipality elections for municipal councilors. "
third. Former para. 3 becomes para. 4.
§ 10. This Act shall enter into force on the day of its promulgation in the "Official Gazette".
The law was adopted by the 43rd National Assembly on July 21, 2015 and was affixed with the official seal of the National Assembly.
Chairman of Nyarodnoto Assembly: Tsetska Tsacheva
Search Translated Laws of Bulgaria