Read the untranslated law here: http://parliament.bg/bg/laws/ID/15180/
Name of law Law amending and supplementing the law on promoting research Name of the Bill a bill amending and supplementing the law on promoting research date adopted 11/02/2016 number/year Official Gazette 16/2016 DECREE No 28
On the grounds of art. 98, paragraph 4 of the Constitution of the Republic of Bulgaria
To be published in the Official Gazette the law amending and supplementing the law on promoting research, passed by the National Assembly of the HLIÌI 11 February 2016.
Issued in Sofia on 19 February 2016.
The President of the Republic: Rosen Plevneliev
Stamped with the State seal.
Minister of Justice: Catherine Dana
Amendment of the law for the promotion of scientific research (official SG. 92 of 2003; amend., 36/2008, no. 74 and 82 from 2009, no. 83 of 2010 No. 99 by 2011, issue 82 by 2012, 15 and 68 in 2013, no. 107 by 2014 and 14 by 2015.)
§ 1. In art. 2 al. 1 shall be amended as follows:
(1) under the conditions and in accordance with this law and in accordance with the national strategy for promoting research and developing research with proven value and international recognition, which includes research related to:
1. the creation of new scientific knowledge;
2. Bulgarian history, language, culture and national identity;
3. the promotion of technology transfer and the development of natural, technical, humanitarian and social sciences and innovation;
4. the solution of important problems in the field of economy, education, agriculture, ecology, social processes, human resources, security, defense and health. "
§ 2. In art. 4 make the following amendments and supplements: 1. Al. 1, after the word "Promotion" is added "and development", and the words "scientific products" shall be replaced by ' scientific results ".
2. paragraph 2 is replaced by the following: "(2) the financial stimulation of scientific research is carried out in such a way as to ensure efficiency and transparency in the spending of public funds."
3. in the Al. 3, after the word "Promotion" is added "and development"
§ 3. In art. 6 make the following amendments and supplements: 1. Al. 1 Add "and of the national reform programme of the Republic of Bulgaria, adopted by decision of the Council of Ministers".
2. in the Al. 2:
a) in paragraph 3 the word "promote" is replaced by "shall";
(b)) in item 5, the word "assist" is replaced by "shall";
in point 6), the word "encourages" shall be replaced by "ensure".
3. in the Al. 4, the words "Council of Ministers" shall be replaced by the "Ministry of education and science through the national programmes".
§ 4. In art. 7, para. 1 Add "as well as with the national reform programme under art. 6, al. 1. "
§ 5. In art. 13 al. 2 shall be amended as follows:
(2) National Science Fund aims to financially support projects and activities for the promotion and development of research in accordance with:
1. European framework for State aid for research, development and innovation;
2. National strategy for scientific research;
3. The national reform programme under art. 6, al. 1;
4. the framework programmes with defined priorities of the European Union, as well as other European and international initiatives;
5. the European and national roadmap for research infrastructure. "
§ 6. Article 18 shall be amended as follows:
"Art. 18. Under the conditions and in accordance with procedures laid down in the rules of the Fund "scientific research", the Executive Board held a contest and the President of the Executive Board shall conclude a contract with the management of the Fund Manager. "
§ 7. In art. 22 s. 13 is created:
13. costs to cover the own contribution of higher education institutions and scientific organizations to participate in international programmes and projects relating to scientific research. "
§ 8. In art. 23, para. 1 paragraphs 1 and 2 shall be amended as: "1. Fund projects of scientific organizations and higher education institutions based on the proektnoprogramen principle;
2. Fund projects, development and demonstration projects within the area defined in the national strategy for research scientific trends; ".
§ 9. In art. 26 the following amendments and supplements: 1. point 4 shall be replaced by the following:
"4. the amount of minimum and maximum funding for individual projects;".
2. Create is item 5, 6, 7 and 8:
"5. the eligibility criteria for applicants and activities;
6. State aid regime, in which financing is granted;
7. criteria and indicators for evaluation;
8. additional requirements for applicants and their projects, when available. "
§ 10. In § 1 of the supplementary provision the following amendments and additions:
1. point 5 shall be replaced by the following:
"5." young scientist "is a person who carries out research and scientific and educational activities in higher education and/or scientific organization after the acquisition of 1st degree" master "but not more than 10 years after the acquisition."
2. Point 7 is replaced by the following:
"7." Postdoktorant "is a scientist who has acquired the first PhD degree" doctor ", but not more than 5 years after the acquisition."
3. an item 9:
"9." basic scientific research "is research involving experimental or theoretical work undertaken principally in order to acquire new knowledge of the fundamental causes of phenomena or observable facts, without considering any direct practical application or use."
§ 11. The Minister of education and science, in consultation with the Minister of finance, brought in accordance with this law, the rules of Science Fund within one month from the entry into force of this law.
The law was passed by the National Assembly-43 on 11 February 2016 and is stamped with the official seal of the National Assembly.
President of the National Assembly Tsetska Tsacheva:
Search Translated Laws of Bulgaria