Read the untranslated law here: http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/cgi/article_body.pl?numac=2014015109&caller=list&article_lang=F&row_id=600&numero=657&pub_date=2014-07-07&dt=LOI&language=fr&fr=f&choix1=ET&choix2=ET&fromtab=+moftxt&trier=publication&sql=dt+=+'LOI'&tri=pd+AS+RANK+
Posted the: 2014-07-07 Numac: 2014015109 FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE Foreign Affairs, trade outside and COOPERATION to development 3 February 2014. -Law concerning consent to the agreement between the Belgian Government and the Macedonian Government on the pursuit of profit by some members of the family of the staff of diplomatic missions and consular posts, done at Brussels on 6 July 2010 (1) (2) PHILIPPE, King of the Belgians, to all, present and future, hi.
The Chambers have adopted and we endorse the following: Article 1. This Act regulates a matter referred to in article 77 of the Constitution.
S. 2. the agreement between the Belgian Government and the Macedonian Government on the pursuit of profit by some members of the family of the staff of diplomatic missions and consular posts, done at Brussels on 6 July 2010, will release its full and complete effect.
Promulgate this Act, order that it be under the seal of the State and published by le Moniteur.
Given in Brussels, February 3, 2014.
PHILIPPE by the King: the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, D. REYNDERS the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior, Ms. J. MILQUET. the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Social Affairs, Ms. L. ONKELINX the Minister of independent, Ms. S. LARUELLE. the Minister of Justice, Ms. A. TURTELBOOM. the Minister of employment, Ms. M. DE CONINCK Finance Minister , K. GARG seen and sealed with the seal of the State: the Minister of Justice, Ms. A. TURTELBOOM _ Note (1) Senate (www.senate.be): Documents: 5-1780 annals of the Senate: 11/08/2012 House of representatives (www.lachambre.be): Documents: complete record 53-2496: 12-19-2012, 2012-12-20.
(2) date of entry into force: 01/06/2014 agreement between the Belgian Government and the Macedonian Government on the pursuit of profit by some family members of the staff of diplomatic missions and posts consular the Government of Belgium and the Government of Macedonian, desiring to conclude an agreement to facilitate the pursuit of profit by some members of the family of members of staff in missions of the State of dispatch or consular posts of this last on the territory of the host State.
Have agreed as follows: Article 1 scope 1. Are allowed to operate for-profit in the host State on reciprocal basis: a) the spouse and unmarried children aged less than 18 years to a diplomatic agent or consular official of the sending State affected: (i) with the State of home, or (ii) with international organizations having a seat in the host State;
(b) Similarly the spouse of another Member of the staff of the mission of the State of dispatch or staff of the consular post of the same State.
As defined in article 1 of the Vienna Conventions on Diplomatic Relations (1961) and consular (1963).
2. the authorisation to carry on a business for profit is given by the authorities of the host State in accordance with the legal and regulatory provisions in force in that State and in accordance with the provisions of this agreement.
3. This authorization does not apply to nationals of the host State nor permanent residents in its territory.
4. unless the host State decides otherwise, permission will not be granted to beneficiaries who, after having accepted an activity for profit, ceases to be part of the family of persons referred to in paragraph 1 of this article.
5. the authorization takes effect during the period of employment of the persons referred to in paragraph 1 of this article in the diplomatic mission or consular post of the sending State in the territory of the host State, and ceases its effects at the latest at the end of this assignment.
Section 2 Procedures 1. Any application for permission to engage in an activity for profit is sent, on behalf of the beneficiary, by the Embassy of the sending State to the Directorate of Protocol of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Macedonian Government and the direction of the Protocol of the federal public Service of Foreign Affairs, foreign trade and Cooperation in the development of the Belgian Government following the case.
After verification that the person is to an agent under the scope of article 1, first paragraph, and after consideration of the formal request, the Embassy of the sending State shall be informed by the Government of the host State that dependent may engage in the activity for profit.
2. the procedures are applied such that the beneficiary of the authorization to undertake an activity for profit as soon as possible; all provisions governing the work permits and other similar formalities are applied in a favorable sense.
3. permission to engage in an activity for profit will lead no exemption for the recipient to meet the usual or regulatory requirements relating to personal data, professional qualifications or other that the person concerned must justify to the exercise of his gainful occupation.
Article 3 Privileges and immunities in civil and administrative matters in the event that the beneficiary of the authorization to carry on a business for profit enjoys immunity from civil and administrative jurisdiction in the receiving State, under the provisions of the Vienna Conventions on diplomatic and consular relations or any other applicable international instrument, this immunity does not apply to actions arising from the exercise activity profit and returning within the scope of the law civil or administrative of the host State. The sending State will throw the immunity of execution of any judicial decision handed down in connection with such acts.
Article 4 immunity in criminal matters where the beneficiary of the authorization to carry out an activity for profit enjoys immunity from jurisdiction in criminal matters in the host State, under the provisions of the Vienna Conventions mentioned above or any other applicable international instrument: a) the sending State waives the immunity from criminal jurisdiction enjoyed by the beneficiary of the authorization with respect to the host State for any act or omission arising from the exercise of the activity for profit except in cases when the sending State considers that this measure would be contrary to its interests;
(b) this waiver of immunity from criminal jurisdiction will not be considered as extending to immunity from execution of the judicial decision, immunity for which a specific lift should be required. In the case of a specific request, the sending State will take the request from the State of home seriously into consideration.
Article 5 plans tax and social security pursuant to the provisions of the Vienna Conventions mentioned above or by virtue of any other applicable international instrument, the beneficiaries of permission to engage in an activity for profit are subject to tax and State social security schemes home for everything that relates to the exercise of this activity in that State.
Article 6 duration and termination this Agreement shall remain in force for an indefinite period, each of the Parties can terminate at any time upon six addressed months written notice to the other party.
Article 7 entry into force this Agreement shall enter into force the first day of the second month following the date of exchange of the last notification of the completion of the constitutional and legal procedures required.
In witness whereof, the undersigned representatives, duly authorized by their respective Governments, have signed this agreement.
Done at Brussels, on July 6, 2010, in two original copies, each in French languages, Dutch and Macedonian, all texts being equally authentic.
Search Translated Laws of Belgium