54. Federal Act amending the Federal Act on the Transparency of Prices for Petroleum, Petroleum Products, Gas, Electricity and Medicinal Products as well as the Price Labelling Provisions (price transparency law)
The National Council has decided:
The Price Transparency Act, BGBl. No. 761/1992, as last amended by the Federal Law BGBl. I n ° 2/2008, shall be amended as follows:
In accordance with § 1, the following § 1a is inserted:
" § 1a. (1) The Federal Minister for Economic Affairs, Family and Youth may require operators of petrol stations, which also offer consumers (§ 1 KSchG) fuels for commercial purposes, by means of a regulation which is awarded at their petrol station area in the form of an award for fuel prices in the to register the price transparency database of E-Control in electronic form. This Regulation may, in particular, lay down rules on the conditions for reporting obligations relating to technical equipment and the size of the service station operator, the nature of the products covered by the frequency of the products covered by the Directive. The use, content, form and scope of the notification obligation, as well as the deadlines and the content and form of publication to be complied with in this respect. The design of the notification requirement has to be simple and cost-saving, both for the filling station operators and for the operation of the database. The aim of this database is to enable the consumer to identify the most favourable current fuel prices in its vicinity. Claims for damages, which are not based on a grossly negligent or deliberate false registration by the reporting person, cannot be asserted.
(2) E-Control shall operate the price transparency database in accordance with the instructions of the Federal Minister for Economic Affairs, Family and Youth within the meaning of the provisions of paragraph 1 and the regulations adopted thereon and publish it on the Internet. The E-control is the necessary cost-replacement for this purpose. "
2. In § 7 (1), the following sentence is added:
"This recording obligation shall not apply to notifications in accordance with § 1a."
3. In § 8 (1), after the word "may" the phrase "-without prejudice to paragraph 3-" inserted.
4. The following paragraph 3 is added to Section 8 (2):
" (3) As far as this is to the performance of their duties according to § 2 WettbG, BGBl. No 62/2002, as amended, the Federal Competition Authority shall be empowered to consult the database iSd § 1a and the regulations adopted pursuant to this provision. '
5. In § 9, after the word order "an intergovernmental organisation" the phrase "or the E-Control for entry into the price transparency database" inserted.
6. In § 10 Z 1, after the expression "§ 1 (3)," the expression "§ 1a," inserted.