258. Regulation of the Federal Minister for transport, innovation and technology on road infrastructure safety management
On the basis of § 5 d of the Federal Highway Act of 1971, BGBl. No. 286, last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 62/2011, is prescribed:
The road safety impact assessment
§ 1 (1) are essential elements of impact assessment of road safety in accordance with article 5, paragraph 1 1 Z 1 and 3 of the Federal Highway Act 1971 (BStG 1971), BGBl. No. 286, in its current version, the definition of road safety objectives, 2. the description of the order and the zero alternative at the time of forecast in the sphere of influence of the project and 3 discussion of consequences, which bring the various possible solutions on the road traffic safety.
(2) the assessment has included all data which are necessary for a cost-benefit analysis of the studied solutions.
(3) the assessment consists in consideration of transport services, the accident rates and the severity in the relevant sections of the examination, taking into account also in particular the following aspects: 1. geographical situation (E.g. landslide -, flooding and avalanches), 2 types of node and distance between them, 3 speeds, 4th Street cross section (eg, number of lanes, width of carriageway, structural funds separation), 5th alignment in position and height (road axis).
(4) for projects according to § 4 para 3 BStG 1971 is perform a simplified impact assessment in the final project, which includes the elements of paragraph 1.
Section 2 (1) of the Federal (Federal Highway Administration) ordered an independent, in accordance with § 5a or 5b BStG 1971 road traffic safety experts certified Nos. 2 and 4 for conducting the audits in accordance with article 5, paragraph 1 of the Biersteuergesetz 1971. It submitted an audit report, in which he points out on the security-related design features for each stage of the project. The Federal (Federal Highway Administration) intends to fix a security flaw identified by the expert in his report in the next stage of the project, he has to explain this in an annex to the report and to establish.
(2) for the "Final project" phase of the project, in particular the following criteria to be considered are in the audit report: 1 weather conditions, 2 speeds, 3 road cross section (cross section elements), 4. spatial lines, 5. visibility, 6 design of node, 7 alignment parameters in location and height, 8 street side room including vegetation, 9 facilities with parking.
(3) for the "Development" phase of the project, in particular the following criteria to be considered are in the audit report: 1 change in location and height, 2. alignment parameters, 3. spatial line management, 4. visibility, 5. design of node 6 matching traffic signs and ground markings, 7th Street lighting, 8 Street, 9th Street room including vegetation, 10 fixed obstacles along the road, 11 proper equipment of parking, 12 taking into account of unprotected road users (motorcyclists), 13 user-friendly adjustment of vehicle restraint systems (central reservation and protective equipment to prevent a threat to unprotected road users).
(4) for the project stage "Completion of construction", in particular the following criteria to be considered are the audit report: 1 additional equipment in the street space, 2. safety of road users and visibility under different weather conditions (E.g. rain, darkness, fog), 3. visibility of signs and ground markings, 4th State of the road surface.
(5) the Federal (Federal Highway Administration) has the audit report 1 for the phase of the project "The final project" together with the final project, 2nd for the phases of the project "Construction project" and "Completion of the construction" as the Federal Minister / Minister for transport, innovation and technology, to submit at the latest within one year of traffic clearance.
(6) if certain safety deficits accumulate, so the Federal Minister / the Federal Minister for transport has, innovation and technology for it to ensure that appropriate policy remedies are developed.
Road traffic safety analysis of the existing road network and publication of road sections with a high accident frequency
Section 3 (1) in the course of a road traffic safety analysis in accordance with § 5 para 1 Nos. 3 and paragraph 5 1971 is BStG the entire in-service road network, as far as it is part of the trans-European road network, divided into sections with at least 3 km length. Road traffic safety analysis is the Federal Minister / Minister for transport, to present innovation and technology within a month after completion.
(2) on those road sections which have the greatest potential for reducing accident costs in accordance with the road traffic safety analysis, led the Federal Government (Federal Highway Administration) immediately, but no later than within one year an on-site inspection by a team of experts, in which at least one in accordance with § 5a or 5b BStG 1971 certified road safety experts must be represented.
(3) results of the local inspection is a report to the each surveyed road section, the 1st previously wrote the description of the surveyed road section, 2. a reference to any reports on the same stretch of road, 3. the number of accidents, as well as of persons killed and seriously injured an the analysis of any accident reports, 4th in the past three years, as well as 5 list accident verhuetender measures, which are short -, medium - or long-term feasible , contains. This report together with slips annex is the Federal Minister / Minister for transport, to present innovation and technology within a month after completion.
(4) the Federal (Federal Highway Administration) has to publish road sections with high accident rate on the basis of cards on its Internet site.
Rhinestone road safety checks
4. (1) testing content of the annual simple rhinestone safety checks pursuant to § 5 para 1 Nos. 4 and 6 in 1971 are BStG anyway: 1 representations of Visual space, 2. proper state of the pavement, 3. proper condition of road restraint systems and road signs, 4. completeness of the bottom mark, 5. functioning of the drainage systems, 6 functioning of existing emergency facilities, 7 functioning of lights.
(2) perform the annual simple rhinestone safety checks shall be recorded.
(3) test content of the in-depth rhinestone road safety audits pursuant to § 5 para 1 Nos. 4 and para. 6 1971 are BStG anyway: 1 investment and visibility, 2nd road equipment, 3. information presentation and recording, 4. lighting conditions, 5. conservation - including the State of the roads, 6 climatic influences, 7 collision mechanical hazards.
(4) perform the in-depth rhinestone safety checks by an independent, in accordance with § 5a or section 5 must be made 1971 certified road safety expert b BStG. This has included finding and remediation proposals to hold the results of in-depth rhinestone safety reviews in a report. The Federal (Federal Highway Administration) intends not to fix a security flaw identified by the expert in his report, he has to explain this in an annex to the report and to establish. The report together with slips annex is the Federal Minister / Minister for transport, to present innovation and technology within one month after completion.
(5) if in the course of the in-depth rhinestone safety checks certain safety deficits accumulate, so the Federal Minister / the Federal Minister for transport has, innovation and technology for it to ensure that appropriate policy remedies are developed.
Road traffic safety expert
§ 5. By the hereinafter mentioned documents is to look at the professional qualifications for the activity of a certified Straßenverkehrssicherheitsgutachters (§ 5a of the Biersteuergesetz 1971) met: 1 testimonials about a) the successful completion of study of civil engineering or industrial engineering - civil engineering or mechanical engineering or industrial engineering - engineering or agricultural engineering and water management or land management - infrastructure - engineering or a field of study comparable with these fields of study or a comparable University degree and b) a minimum three years professional work in the areas of road design , safety technology in road safety and accident analysis and c) the successful completion of the course for road traffic safety experts or 2. testimonies of a) the successful completion of a vocational higher school or their shapes, their training in the field of engineering, mechanical engineering or industrial engineering (with a training focus operational management) is, and b)
an at least five years professional work in the areas of road planning, safety technology in road safety and accident analysis and c) the successful completion of the course for road traffic safety experts.
Training course for road traffic safety expert
Section 6 (1) is the acquisition of specific knowledge and skills that are required for the pursuit of a certified Straßenverkehrssicherheitsgutachters aim of the course.
(2) the course shall include the training content of the annex, as well as the minimum number of training units. A training unit has to be at least 45 minutes.
(3) the course is concluded with a written exam. A testimony to exhibit is about the successful completion of the course.
Implementation of Union law
§ 7. By this regulation, Directive 2008/96/EC is on safety management of road infrastructure, OJ November 29, 2008 No. 319, p. 59, implemented.
Entry into force
§ 8. This Regulation shall enter into force the day following the announcement.
Relevant legal bases in Austria
Planning principles of road alignment (theory and practical)
Accident analysis and measures for the rehabilitation of accident - and danger areas
Non-motorised transport (walking and cycling)
Motorized two-wheeled transport
Large vehicle transport
Psychological aspects of road safety
Information consumption in road transport
Traffic engineering and road equipment
Traffic control with traffic light signals
Creation of an auditor
Practical Auditbeispiel and testing