90. Regulation of the Federal Minister for agriculture and forestry, environment and water management in the setting of conditions for regional quality wines with origin profiles for the wine-growing region Neusiedlersee (DAC regulation 'Neusiedlersee')
On the basis of section 34 para 1 of the wine Act of 2009, Federal Law Gazette I no. 111, as last amended by the Federal Act Federal Law Gazette I no. 111/2010, is prescribed:
§ 1. Bezirk Neusiedl am See Lake with the exception of the municipalities of winches and Jois is the wine region Neusiedlersee.
§ Can be brought under the name of "DAC" or "Districtus Austriae Controllatus" in connection with the designation of the wine region Neusiedlersee in traffic 2 wine, if he meets the requirements for quality wines of produced in specific regions, and following requirements:
1. the wine must be prepared exclusively from grapes, harvested in the wine region of Lake Neusiedl.
2. the indication of the brand name, the grape variety, or a smaller geographical unit than the wine-growing area has to be done, it is subordinate to the indication 'Neusiedlersee'.
3. the indication of another denomination is not permitted (especially names such as "Quality wine", "Cabinet" or "Late harvest"). The terms "DAC" or "Districtus Austriae Controllatus" are on the label directly related with the wine region Neusiedlersee and characters to specify that are significantly smaller than you used for the specification of 'Neusiedlersee'.
4. as another wine region "Burgenland" must be specified in characters are smaller than you used for the specification of 'Neusiedlersee'.
5. the wine must be placed only in glass bottles to consumers, except that he is to be enjoyed immediately at the place of delivery. Only nominal volumes, which amount to a separable or multiples of 0, 75 l, are allowed in the delivery in glass bottles. In addition, the bottling of the wine in 5-litre bottles is allowed.
6. the indication of the crop year is mandatory.
7. the unfermented sugar content has to be 4.0 g per liter at most.
8. "Neusiedlersee DAC" can be placed under one of the following two categories in transport: a) "Neusiedlersee DAC":-grape variety: Zweigelt, a non-prejudicial label blend is to tolerate;
-Taste: fruity, varietal, spicy;
-Colour: intense red covered;
-Smell: typical bouquet;
-Expansion: in wooden casks or stainless steel tanks.
-the existing alcohol content is to specify at least 12.0% on the label;
-Providing a single label is not allowed;
-the indication of vine variety is compulsory;
-the wine must not be placed before 1 March of the year following the harvest to the consumer. The application must be installed to the obtaining of State control number 1 February of the year following the harvest.
b) "Neusiedlersee DAC reserve":-pure varietal Zweigelt (a non-prejudicial label blend is to tolerate) or Zweigelt-dominant cuvée. In this case, the two applicable percentage must be at least 60%, and in addition, only autochthonous grape varieties may be used;
-Taste: typical of the variety, fruity, spicy, strong;
-Colour: intense red covered;
-Smell: typical bouquet;
-Expansion: in the traditional large wooden cask or barrel.
-the existing alcohol content is 13.0% vol. to specify on the label;
-the wine must not be placed before March 1, the second on the following year's harvest to the consumer. The application can be made to the obtaining of State control number as of February 1 of the second year following the harvest.
9. the date for the placing on the market and for the application for obtaining the State control number may be modified by the regional wine Committee Burgenland due to special conditions of the vintage or due to the market situation. The national wine Committee can be informed immediately.
10. the State inspection number issued for a wine with the denomination "Neusiedlersee DAC" may be used only for the placing on the market of certified wine under the designation "Neusiedlersee DAC".
11 before tasting within the framework of the procedure for the award of the State control number for wine with the denomination "Neusiedlersee DAC" has to be done at the Federal Office for viticulture. All Koster of official food Commission have been trained by the regional wine Committee be Burgenland to the typical flavor profile of "Neusiedlersee DAC" assessments.
12 wine with the denomination "Neusiedlersee DAC" may be transported only with a State control number for "Neusiedlersee DAC". The same applies to all waste shares of a wine with the denomination "Neusiedlersee DAC", produced by blending several subsets. The verification number on the Bill is to specify the delivery note or any other commercial documents.
3. wines with the name "Neusiedlersee DAC" are in the wine region of Lake Neusiedl to manufacture and bottling. A manufacturing and bottling outside the territory may be Burgenland only with the permission of the regional wine Committee. Such authorisation may be granted in particular, if the wine gardens of the manufacturer in the area of Lake Neusiedl are located and of wine production takes place on a farm of outside of the manufacturer's or land agreements between a manufacturer with a plant outside of Lake Neusiedl and owners of vineyards in the area of Lake Neusiedl. On the related having invoices, delivery notes and transport papers, the place of origin have to be real numbers and area.
§ 4. Who intends to make an application for the State control number for a wine with the denomination "Neusiedlersee DAC", has this year the regional wine Committee Burgenland in writing (email or fax) to communicate.
§ Must be placed only 5th wine with the denomination "Neusiedlersee DAC", when the bottle with a specific labelling is provided, their appearance and form Burgenland sets the regional wine Committee and published in a trade publication distributed in the public. This marking can be obtained only with a corresponding authorization of the regional wine Committee Burgenland. This Committee has to assess the amount of funds, to the cause in the frame of which is to introduce empowerment grant, and the release of the amount in an appropriate and common in the public trade publication. The funds thus obtained are to use - after deduction of administrative costs - for the implementation of measures for the improvement of knowledge and transparency of the wine with the denomination "Neusiedlersee DAC".
§ 6. This regulation applies to wine from the year 2011. quality wine 2011 must be taken continue up including the vintage under the previous name-legal compliance in traffic.