258. agreement between the Federal Government and the States in accordance with article 15a B-VG about the early remedial language training in institutional Kinderbetreuungseinrichtungen1
The Federal Government, represented by the Federal Government, as well as the countries of Burgenland, Carinthia, lower Austria, Upper Austria, Salzburg, Styria, Tyrol, Vorarlberg and Vienna, each represented by the Governor or the Governor, - hereinafter called parties - have agreed to conclude the following agreement pursuant to article 15a of the Federal Constitution Act:
Aims and objectives
(1) three to six children in institutional childcare facilities, which have especially those with non-German mother tongue, lack of knowledge of German, should be promoted so that they control as possible with admission to the first grade of the elementary school the teaching English after the "education standards to the speech and language skills at the beginning of compulsory education". The identification of any language support needs to be done in the institutional childcare facilities kindergarten teachers and educators at best with the leaders and heads of elementary schools or other qualified personnel. The language promotion is age-appropriate, everyday-integrated, individually and carried in a playful manner by educators, kindergarten teachers and other qualified personnel.
(2) in the implementation of early language support in the sense of paragraph 1, the cross-State education curriculum for elementary education in Austria and the proportion of education plan promoting language in elementary schools, to the application to enter.
(3) the early remedial language training has the aim to bring an easier entrance into elementary school with, to optimize the future education of children, and subsequently to enable a better start in professional life.
Under the terms of this agreement, the terms mean
1. institutional childcare facilities: public and private kindergartens and crèches or comparable facilities, and advanced age groups, where private are such takes place where the child care in the household that are accessible and not for profit, under same recording and exclusion conditions as the public generally as well as company kindergartens - cribs and similar facilities;
2nd year of kindergarten: the period within the meaning of article 8 of the Education Act 1985, BGBl. No. 77;
3. educational standards to the talk and language skills at the beginning of compulsory education: The linguistic competences, which should be given at the entrance to the first grade of the elementary school and were created by the Federal Ministry for education, arts and culture in cooperation with the Pädagogische Hochschule Linz.
4. training of kindergarten teachers and educators: at the educational institutions for training carried kindergarten pedagogy according to applicable curriculum and any applicable examination regulations;
5. continuing education and training of kindergarten teachers and educators: those measures, which are used at the colleges, or similar educational institutions or organised by the countries, in particular the courses to qualify for the early remedial language training;
6 language skills assessment: observation sheet for recording language skills in German children with German as first language (BESK 2.0), observation sheets for assessing language skills in German children with German as a second language (BESK DaZ 2.0) or a comparable instruments fixed on linguistic and kindergarten educational base, which enables a clear statement about the possible need for early language promotion;
7 language support: the bundling of educational interventions, which are used in institutional childcare facilities (kindgemäßer, individual, correct) adequately;
8 education curriculum and education plan share: the cross-State education curriculum for elementary education in Austria and the proportion of education plan promoting language in elementary education (2009) the offices of the provincial governments of the Austrian Länder, the Municipal Council of the city of Vienna and the Federal Ministry for teaching, art and culture, elaborated by the Charlotte Bühler Institute.
Early remedial language training in institutional childcare facilities
(1) the Contracting Parties shall take the appropriate measures to ensure in cooperation between the institutional childcare facilities, the schools, the guardian and the school authorities of the Confederation as "Education standards to the speech and language skills at the beginning of compulsory education" by all children entering the first grade of the elementary school the mastery of the language of instruction in German.
(2) the Federal Government undertakes in particular,
1 the countries appropriate procedures of the language level observations in accordance with article 2 No. 6 available to put with which the language needs; found in the institutional childcare facilities
2. to the education, Fort and training of kindergarten teachers and educators and teachers of the schools in the area of language skills assessment and the early language promotion at the universities or comparable educational establishments and 3 to the development of curricula for a uniform qualification model for special education, education and education of kindergarten teachers and educators in the field of language skills assessment and of early language support at the educational institution for kindergarten pedagogy for nursery , colleges, or similar educational institutions.
The fulfilment of these obligations is the Federal Ministry for education, arts and culture. In the performance of the No. 2, the countries are involving.
(3) the countries undertake to take particularly care for
1. information and conducting an annual language skills assessment referred to in article 2 No. 6 as at the beginning of the kindergarten year. After successful implementation of early language promotion, anyway, but at the beginning of the following kindergarten year, is in the Group of people which language was promoted on the basis of identified needs, again a language skills assessment to make;
2. the required language support in the institutional childcare facilities in accordance with the 'education standards to the speech and language skills at the beginning of compulsory education", and 3. the recommendation of special education, Fort - and training activities of the Federal Government to the universities of teacher education, as well as comparable educational establishments on the kindergarten teachers and educators.
(4) the Contracting Parties shall apply the education master plan for institutional childcare facilities, as well as the proportion of education plan in accordance with article 1 para 2.
Financing of measures promoting early language
(1) the total cost incurred in the implementation of this agreement, will be compared one-for-one split between federal and State, where any contributions attributed to the share of the respective country of communities. The Federal Government accounted for an annual maximum of EUR 5 million. The Federal Government makes on individual countries in the years 2012, 2013 and 2014 an annual grant of purpose within the meaning of §§ 12 and 13 F-VG 1948 in maximum the following height:
1. Burgenland 170.350 Euro 2. Carinthia 285.200 Euro 3. lower 982.500 Euro 4. Upper Austria 820.600 Euro 5 Salzburg 299.950 Euro 6 Styria 559.700 Euro 7 Tirol 411.950 Euro 8 Vorarlberg 246.500 euro 9 Vienna...
1.223.250 euro (2) the travel incurred in the context of special qualification measures and representation costs of kindergarten teachers and educators are not the purpose of grant the Federal Government held.
Concept template, reporting, and billing of the purpose grant for the measures to promote early language
(1) to the presentation of the agreement intended of purpose grant country has the Federal Ministry of the interior until no later than three months after the agreement comes into force in 2013 and 2014 to submit a plan for the years 2012, include the following:
1 a concrete substantive determination of the implementation of linguistic early intervention, 2 personnel, 3. information on the locations, 4. a description of the methodology of that will be used for the implementation and 5. a financial plan.
The concept has to comply with the template in Appendix A. Can the country is not rely on past empirical values for the language needs in the institutional childcare facilities, the information of the Z 2 Z 3, Z 5 regardless of the concept template after carrying out the first language status assessment in accordance with article 3 may be submitted para 3 Z 1.
(2) the countries have to submit a final report until 30 November of each calendar year of the Federal Ministry of the Interior which has to include the following information in addition to the settlement of the entire previous kindergarten year, in which the early remedial language training has taken place:
the number of sponsored children with the set language needs, 2. the institutional childcare facilities, in which the measures were carried out, with the number of kindergarten teachers and educators as well as of other qualified staff, the full employment equivalent of kindergarten teachers and educators and other qualified personnel employed in addition to promoting language, as well as the hours actually spent on promoting language, 3. the anonymous results, as well as a comparative anonymised evaluation of carried out language stand findings under article 3 para 3 No. 1 , which anyway, an effect measure of carried early language support with regard to the development of the language skills of children have received the language promotion, must be readable. This information may be filed later regardless, of the final report but no later than 31 December of the calendar year. In exceptional cases, the Federal Ministry of the Interior, giving factual reasons at the request of the Federal State may grant a period extension by up to two months.
In 2012, the final report must include only those content-related information on the support measures and language stand observations, which were carried out after the entry into force of this agreement, and the settlement limited to that period. The final report has to comply with the template in Annex B. On pages of the Federal Government, the Federal Ministry of the Interior to deciding whether the settlement is called.
(3) the country has assigned for each calendar year, the amount of the Federal as far back to reimbursed than in the calendar year concerned,
1 a negative evaluation result in accordance with article 8, 2. the country does not fulfil its template obligations under paragraphs 1 and 2 or 3 an already proven purpose grant not has been exhausted or 4. the country has granted not an equal share as the Federal additional funds for purposes in accordance with this agreement.
(4) the country shall pay that specified payments, over the period for the grant of of purpose of in so far back, as it Z 1 to 4 does not fulfil an obligation according to paragraph 3. If there is multiple breaches of duty for the refund is
1. in the case of paragraph 3 No. 1 the amount back to reimbursed, which corresponds to the funds of the Convention not implemented measures, 2. in the case of paragraph 3 Z 2 the total assigned amount back to reimbursed, 3. in the case of paragraph 3 Nos. 3 and 4 which are proportionally calculated refund amount.
Several refunds can be added only in so far as they do not exceed the total amount of the aid of of purpose of. In case of accumulation of cases of para 3, Nos. 3 and 4 is only the higher amount into account.
Adaptation of laws
The Federal and State regulations required for the implementation of this agreement are to to bring into force no later than September 30, 2012.
Payments of the Federal
(1) the annual purpose grant of the Federal Government in accordance with article 4 para 1 instructs account known to be 5 indicated criteria in two installments for each calendar year on the land as follows according to the article:
1. the first instalment amounts to half of the annual purpose grant per country and instructs each in March.
2. the second instalment amounts to half of the annual subsidy of the purpose of each country and each instructs in October.
In 2012, the first installment of six weeks after the entry into force of the agreement and the second installment be instructed at least until 31 December.
(2) the payment is made by the Federal Ministry of the Interior. In paying any repayment obligations can (art. 5 paragraph 3 and paragraph 4, and article 8 para 3) are charged.
Evaluation and controlling
(1) the use of the Zweckzuschussmittel, as well as the effect of any support measures on the development of the language skills of the sponsored children are subjected to an evaluation:
1 that is paragraph 1 in article 5-led concept of the Austrian integration fund and approved by the Federal Ministry of the Interior;
2. are paragraph 2 in article 5 stated final reports from the Austrian integration fund reviewed and as evaluation final report summarized the Federal Ministry of the Interior submitted, which approved the final reports.
(2) the Federal Ministry of the Interior informed in case of a negative result of the checks listed in this article to make the country the opportunity to fill in the documents mentioned in no. 1 and no. 2 in granting a grace period of four weeks and this position. The country does not comply with this request or further examination reveals a negative test result, again the Federal Ministry of the Interior reserves to keep the respective rates. Is a negative result of the evaluation, if
1. the grant of purpose of was used not according to or the concepts as well as final reports contradict the templates or the substantive minimum information not contained 2. (art. 5 para. 1 and 2).
Is a not-dedication intended, if no or insufficient language level findings be performed (article 3 para 3 Z 1) or the promotion of the language not the "education for speech and language skills at the beginning of the Schulpflichtentspricht" standards (article 3 para 3 No. 2).
(3) Zweckzuschussmittel, which can be settled not in a calendar year, be withheld by the Federal Government and returned to the country in the following calendar year for the early remedial language training. Withheld funds from the year 2014 are unaffected.
Entry into force
(1) as soon as
1 after the Federal constitutional requirements for the entry into force have been met, and 2. notification of the existence of the conditions necessary for the respective State Constitution at the Federal Chancellery is reached, this agreement with the first of the next month between the Federal Government and the individual countries enters into force.
(2) after September 30, 2012, you no longer fulfils the conditions for the entry into force of the agreement.
(3) the Federal Chancellor's Office will inform the Federal Ministry of the Interior and the countries the fulfilment of the conditions.
Period of validity
The agreement between the Federal Government and the individual countries occurs after positive decision on the accounts pursuant to article 5 by the Federal Ministry of the Interior force. The Federal Chancellor's Office informed of the respective country.
This agreement is issued in a single original. The original copy is deposited with the Chancellor's Office. This has to transmit certified copies of the agreement to all Contracting Parties.
This agreement is in accordance with article 9 paragraph 1
-between the Federal Government and the province of Vorarlberg with April 1, 2012, - between the Federal Government and the province of Carinthia with may 1, 2012 – between the Federal and the State lower Austria, Salzburg and Styria with June 1, 2012, - between the Federal Government and the laender Burgenland and Upper Austria with 1 July 2012 and - between the Federation and the countries of Vienna and Tyrol with force, August 1, 2012.