400th regulation of the Federal Minister of the Interior on the implementation of tests to determine the physical and mental fitness by recording advertising ends in the Executive services and of seekers and applicants for certain uses (qualifying examination regulation - Home Affairs)
On the basis of § 7 para 4 of the Security Police Act (SPG), Federal Law Gazette No. 566/1991, as last amended by the Federal Act, Federal Law Gazette I no. 50/2012, and of section 4 of the official service law in 1979, BGBl. 333, as last amended by the Federal Act, Federal Law Gazette I no. 55/2012, is prescribed:
Subject to an aptitude test
§ 1 recording referrer and host recruiters in the Executive service (consecutive recording advertise end) are in the course of the selection process on their physical and mental fitness, applicants and applicants for certain uses (special uses) for their specific use, in particular mental or physical suitability check.
2. (1) advertise end of recording: persons who apply for a use as official or a civil servant of the E2c use Group or contract staff or contract staff for the executive official training (VB / S).
(2) applicants and applicants for special uses: civil servants who are candidates for a use requires a special mental or physical fitness on the basis of their request.
(3) test procedure: method of making is a test within the meaning of § 3. As testing procedures within the meaning of this regulation come particularly into account: test procedures in the diagnostic and psychological suitability investigation pursuant to section 10, clinical medical examinations in accordance with article 14, paragraph 1, the clinical MMPI-2 base scales test pursuant to § 14 para 2, as well as the test procedures in the sport-motor tests performs (§ 16 para 1) or a use-specific performance tests (§ 17 par. 1).
(4) test battery: compilation of individual tests (E.g. the combination of intelligence tests, personality tests, motivation tests and concentration tests) for the purpose of common processing (§ 11 para. 2 and 3).
Types of tests
§ 3 (1) as objective tests to determine the physical and mental suitability are eligible: 1 psychological diagnostic aptitude tests (§ 10 ff), 2. medical examinations (§ 14 ff), 3. sport-motor tests (section 16) or 4. combinations of listed examinations or tests.
(2) recording advertise end have in the course of the selection process to undergo the in par. 1 Z 1-3 tests.
(3) applicants and applicants for special uses have to undergo the if these are necessary for determining the special physical or mental fitness required for the exercise of the specific special use in paragraph 1 of listed tests. In addition, more use of specific performance tests (section 17) can be provided.
4. (1) the determination of the physical and mental fitness by recording advertising ends, as well as by applicants and applicants for special uses furnished at the State police headquarters is the National Police Directorate.
(2) the determination of mental or physical fitness necessary to the exercise of any other special use is the Federal Minister of the Interior.
(3) the psychological service of the Security Academy (SIAK) the Federal Ministry of Home Affairs (hereinafter psychological service) as well as the police doctors Z 5 have a service provider pursuant to § 4 Data Protection Act 2000, Federal Law Gazette I no. 165/1999, on the aptitude test by recording advertising ends to join. In determining the eligibility to exercise a special use, their participation can be provided, insofar as this is necessary for the specific aptitude test.
Evaluation of tests
5. (1) is the evaluation of tests for making scientifically proven methods.
(2) during the entire evaluation process, the use of pseudonyms of persons to be checked against those involved in the evaluation is to ensure. To a number by the agent appointed pursuant to section 4 to the aptitude test is any recording referrer and each recording candidate and each candidate and each candidate for special uses at the beginning of the application process to assign. All tests and worksheets can be personalize with this code.
6. (1) the system for the evaluation of the test in accordance with article 3, paragraph 1 Nos. 1 and 3 must comply with the requirements of the intended use. It is to make that 1 each recording referrer and any recording candidate and each candidate and each candidate for special uses of a measure pursuant to § 5 para 2 a him or associated with their corresponding point value and 2. a customized distribution of recording advertising ends and the applicants and applicants for special uses on this point system expects the requirements of the respective use will be can.
(2) the overall test result is one of the in the course or multiple tests pursuant to § 3 para 1 Nos. 1 and 3 reached this to calculate point value and, if a medical examination was conducted, the summary evaluation pursuant to § 15 para 2. If not even complete all tests scheduled for the test procedure is whether the psychological service, this can be asked to calculate the total number of points. In this case must be left to the required test results for the purpose of evaluating overall the psychological service.
Scope of the examination result
§ 7 (1) remains the result of aptitude test by recording advertising ends, as well as by applicants and applicants for special uses for all applications to use a same test group that is valid, that take place within a year.
(2) this period shall begin to run when the qualifying examination has taken place with the tag. If the aptitude test over several days was completed, the period begins with the day on which the last test in the framework of the qualifying examination was filed.
(3) further approved of a recording referrer or a recording candidate to an aptitude test of same test group is only possible after expiry of the period of the year.
Documentation of the selection process
Written records to lead are section 8 (1) on the qualifying examination by recording advertising ends, as well as by applicants or applicants for special uses. The Federal Minister of the Interior and the National Police Directorate appointed pursuant to section 4 to the aptitude test are empowered, to which automation support to operate data processing. For this purpose you may use the following data: 1. name, date of birth and gender of applicants and applicants for special uses, as well as the recording advertising ends, 2. overall test result (§ 6 par. 2), 3. date on which the concrete was exam, 4 the list, the assignment of participants and participants to the ratios in accordance with § 5 para 2 is 5. further data which are necessary for the implementation of the law.
(2) data in the sense of paragraph 1 Z 5 include: 1. residential address and telephone number of the participant or the participant on the aptitude test, 2nd use sought by the participant or the participant, 3. the date of the invitation to tender, 4. Service Office responsible for the recording, 5. the date of the arrival of the cover letter of the Department indicated in the invitation to tender.
(3) the records are to be kept for four years under lock and key and then destroy. Data in the sense of paragraph 1 are no. 4 after expiry of the period referred to in article 7, paragraph 1 and 2 to delete.
Computer-assisted aptitude test
9. (1) the test procedures for determining the physical and mental fitness in the sense of § 2 para 3 may be carried out also automatically and evaluated.
(2) the following data may be processed insofar as this is necessary for the implementation and evaluation of the respective test procedure: 1 indicators in accordance with § 5, para. 2, 2. the question replies in part by testing in accordance with article 3, paragraph 1 Z 1 to determine of the number of points in accordance with § 6, 3. examination results in accordance with article 14, paragraph 1 and paragraph 2 to establish pursuant to § 14 para 5 and the summary evaluation pursuant to § 15 para 2 , 4. the biographical information collected pursuant to article 11, par. 4 and 5, 5 more data, which are necessary for the implementation of the law.
(3) data in accordance with par. 2 Z 5 include: 1 the use intended by the participant or the participant, 2. the date of the tender, 3. which department responsible, 4 as well as the date on which the present examination was filed for inclusion.
(4) If this is necessary to evaluate the suitability of the Executive service or for special use, also health information within the meaning of section 4 may be processed involving police physicians as medical experts or clinical psychologists of the Ministry for Home Affairs 2000 No. 2 of the data protection act.
(5) the results of the questions & answers session in the context of tests referred to in paragraph 3 for determining the point values of the recording advertising ends and the applicants and applicants for special uses are immediately to delete according to the evaluation of the tests. Only the scores achieved by the participant or the participant - weighted according to the specific requirements of the intended use - are to be kept. The questions & answers session part one (§ 14 para 2) MMPI-2 base scales tests are also immediately to delete according to the evaluation of the tests. In this case, the determination in accordance with § 14 para 5 is to be kept.
Tests and examinations
Psycho diagnostic aptitude examination
§ 10 (1) on behalf of the Federal Minister of the Interior or the National Police Directorate is the psychological services the approval of psychological as well as the selection, implementation (test target), evaluation, and interpretation of tests within the framework of psycho diagnostic investigations. He can use the specially trained and authorised to do so test - or Exploration Manager or leaders for the implementation (test target) of the individual tests referred to in paragraph 2 by him.
(2) for the assessment of professional competence by recording advertising ends, review the legal literacy and the grammatical skills, as well as an Intelligenztestes considering come as single tests. Personal fitness verified by tests or questionnaires, which depict the personality, as well as an oral interview (exploration). At the selection of persons, the exploration discussions as well as conduct tests, is to pay attention to a balanced relationship between of the sexes.
(3) as far as it is for the intended use of importance, in particular the following areas can be examined within the framework of psychological diagnostic aptitude examination: 1. relevant professional knowledge and skills, 2. intellectual skills: verbal services, logical reasoning, analytical thinking, memory, General knowledge, pace of work, capability of conception of space, response speed, 3. creative thinking: creativity, mental flexibility, 4 work style: goal orientation, planning, organization, productivity, networked thinking, self-assessment of own power, performance, and willingness to learn , problem decision behaviour, impulsivity, reflexivity, motivation, conscientiousness, reliability, loyalty, risk behaviour, 5. ability to learn: correct gathering of facts, identify contexts, 6 capacity: General, selective, and content-related concentration and attention ability, endurance, accuracy, resistance to stress, frustration tolerance, multitasking ability, 7 social skills: communication skills, verbal expressiveness, self control, self - and external reflection, criticism, ability to work in groups and with groups, citizen-oriented behavior, contact readiness, empathy, authenticity, negotiating skills, collegiality, willingness to compromise, 8 leadership : Initiative, decision making, leadership, willingness to take responsibility, delegate and coordinate, assertiveness, 9 specific, significant for the use personal features, about emotional stability, kind of the recording and the mental processing of information, personal evaluation of the decisive for the result of the work conditions (attribution), participation.
Implementation of psychological diagnostic suitability investigation
The test procedures are § 11 (1) carried out under the supervision and not publicly.
(2) to the psychological diagnostic suitability investigation by recording advertising ends, as well as by applicants and applicants for special uses, different test procedures in the form of varying test batteries must be provided according to § 10. All uses of the Department, is intended for the same battery of tests together form a test group.
(3) within a battery of tests, the tests are possible in equivalent parallel forms to create, to prevent a predictability of tasks to be fulfilled by the participants.
(4) Biographical data have recording advertise end in the course of the qualifying examination the questionnaire listed in Appendix 1 to fill out. These data are anonymized. After completing the psychological diagnostic aptitude test, which is responsible Test Manager or psychologist in Appendix 2 to answer stated Test Manager questionnaire.
(5) applicants and applicants for special uses are at the request of the psychological service in the course of processing psycho diagnostic test procedures to fill a sociodemographic questionnaire.
(6) an affiliate of recording or a recording candidate comply after repeated requests the instructions of the test lead not (such as through forward or work outside the permitted processing time) and behavior would be likely to affect the test result, this justifies the finding that the minimum was not achieved. Such behavior can justify the exclusion of the other selection process for applicants or applicants for special uses.
Documentation by the psychological service
§ 12 (1) as far as this is not already ensured by the computer-aided test procedure (§ 9), has the psychological services for the implementation and evaluation of psychological diagnostic tests to document the following documents: 1. the entire test documents (answer sheets) in a by a measure pursuant to § 5 para 2 personalized form, 2. a complete list of indicators (§ 5 para 2) to the registration of the test results, 3. an alphabetical list of recording advertising ends or applicants and applicants for special uses under leadership of the family or surname , first name and date of birth for the purposes of the proof of participants, 4. the Test Manager questionnaire pursuant to § 11 para 4, 5 for oral recording calls (exploration) the exploration results associated with the individual figures.
(2) the result of psychological diagnostic examination of suitability is also weighted according to specific requirements of the intended use - to document and to transmit to the place appointed pursuant to section 4 to the aptitude test in the form of a score -.
(3) if the psychological service was commissioned with the overall evaluation in accordance with § 6 par. 2, is to document the provision of test results and the calculated total test result.
(4) the records are to be kept for four years under lock and key and then to destroy.
Create the test in the diagnostic psychological suitability investigation
§ 13. In the new acquisition and rebuilding of testing procedures to proceed according to current scientific standards of a modern personnel selection, in particular on the areas referred to in article 10, para. 3 caution is to take is the psychological diagnostic aptitude survey.
Police doctors in their capacity as medical examiners to determine the physical and mental fitness by recording advertising ends have section 14 (1) on behalf of the Federal Minister of the Interior or the National Police Directorate to join. You have to identify reasons that suggest a missing physical fitness, or lack of mental health, to collect the medical history, clinical medical tests and create a summary assessment of the physical and mental fitness condition (§ 15 para 2).
(2) the medical opinion on mental health is with the involvement of the result of a computer-assisted, to create clinical MMPI-2 base scales test (Minnesota multiphasic personality inventory 2, basic scales), which evaluate is only in terms of psychiatric diseases. As far as this is necessary for determining psychiatric diseases, is to undertake a review by recording advertising ends within the following ranges (scales) here: 1 hypochondria, 2. depression, 3. conversion hysteria, 4. psychopathy, 5. paranoia, 6 Psychasthenia, 7 schizophrenia, 8 hyper mania.
(3) the evaluation of the scales of masculinity, femininity and social introversion is not permitted. Issues relating to sexual orientation, are excluded from the survey. Is each recording referrer and any recording candidate before testing of the MMPI-2 base scales in an appropriate manner by the test Director about the purpose of the review, the functioning of the test and what issues as opposed to the full application of the MMPI-2 not to answer basic scales tests are, to inform.
(4) for the Federal Minister for Home Affairs or the National Police Directorate is the processing and evaluation of tests according to para 2 and 3 by the Directorate General for public safety. The question replies may be processed only for the purpose of evaluation and are then immediately to delete. After the evaluation, the further use of the test results only in regard to information within the meaning of paragraph 5 for the purposes of the comprehensive assessment of mental and physical fitness State (§ 15 para 2), as well as to the documentation referred to in section 15 is allowed.
(5) in deviation from § 6 is no point value to determine, but one of the two following observations to make using the MMPI-2 test of base scales: 1 "inconspicuous test" or 2 "the result in the following areas (scales) within the meaning of § 14 para 2 of the regulation of the Federal Minister of the Interior on the implementation of tests to determine the physical and mental fitness by record seekers in the Executive services and of applicants for certain uses exceeded the standard value has : [affected scales must be used].
Documentation of the medical examination
15. (1) the police doctors have to keep written records about the medical examination. They have to contain: 1 mapped to a key figure in accordance with § 5 ABS. 2 documentation of the collected medical history as well as the clinical medical examination, 2. an alphabetically ordered list of recording advertising ends under statement of the family or last name, first name and date of birth for the purpose of investigating evidence and 3. associated with a key figure in accordance with § 5 ABS. 2 determination within the meaning of § 14 para 5.
(2) the result of the medical examination of suitability is to be documented in the form of a summary assessment of the physical and mental fitness condition and to transmit appointed authority pursuant to section 4 to the aptitude test.
(3) the records are to be kept for four years under lock and key and then destroy.
Section 16 (1) recording advertise end have to take a sport-motor test for the purpose of assessing their conditional status. The same applies to applicants for a special use, exercise which requires a special exercise capacity.
(2) in the course of the sport-motor tests for record win at the end, following tests perform are: 1 medical motion coordination testing (MBKT), 2 power and endurance test, 3. running test, 4. swim test and 5 rescue simulation.
When reviewing the conditional State of applicants and applicants for special uses, caution is to take according to special requirements of use.
(3) Sportmotorische tests are carried out by the respective recording site. All tests should be complete in the presence of a nurse and at least one certified sports teacher or Marshal. Prior to the implementation of the sport-motor tests by recording advertising ends, their sports medicine fitness by a doctor is to determine.
(4) the results of the sport are to allocate the relevant code (§ 5 para. 2). The sports scores of recording advertising ends with a key figure are to leave the psychological service for evaluation. The sports results with a key figure of applicants and applicants for special uses can be passed the psychological service for processing, unless the overall evaluation of the selection process was transferred to the psychological service (article 6 par. 2).
Use specific performance tests
Section 17 (1) insofar as this is necessary for determining eligibility of applicants and applicants for special uses, more use of specific performance tests can be provided in addition to the tests specified in section 3, paragraph 1. Goal of this test is the determination of the technical skill required for the respective use of special.
(2) the creation and execution of these tests is whether the Federal Minister of the Interior. The respective special use at a National Police Directorate is set up, the tests of this responsibility.
(3) the provisions of sections 2, 3, 5, 7 and 8 shall apply.
Legal status of recording advertising ends and the applicants and applicants for special uses
Section 18 (1) advertise end of recording as well as applicants and applicants for special uses have no legal right on entrustment of the advertised position. You have no party position in the selection process.
(2) recording advertise end have also not entitled to compensation accrued travel and subsistence expenses incurred by reason of the admission procedure.
Entry into force
§ 19. This Regulation shall enter into force 1 January 2013.