Read the untranslated law here: http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/BgblAuth/BGBLA_2013_II_194/BGBLA_2013_II_194.html
194. Regulation of the Federal Minister for labour, Social Affairs and consumer protection concerning the placing on the market of Airsoft and paintball markers (Softairwaffenverordnung 2013 - 2013 SWV)
On the basis of § 11 of the product safety Act 2004, Federal Law Gazette I no. 16/2005, is prescribed:
§ 1 subject matter of this regulation are
1 Airsoft (softgun's), which are reproductions of real fire arms, and 2. paintball marker, which neither the Weapons Act of 1996, Federal Law Gazette I no. 12/1997, amended, are subject to still toys in the toy regulation 2011, BGBl. II are no. 203/2011 in the currently valid version.
Restriction of the placing on the
2. (1) the sale and distribution of Airsoft and paintball markers in accordance with § 1
1. persons under 18 years of age, 2. markets and market-like events and 3rd in self-service is prohibited.
(2) the trader and the persons employed in the operation have the template of an official photo ID or a special youth card that is suitable according to the respective national youth protection provisions to the proof of age to call in case of doubt to the determination of the age referred to in paragraph 1. At a distance, the proof of age by submitting the copy (scan) an official photo ID is to provide, where the copy may be used for age verification only, and is to check from the trader in connection with email address and payment data for plausibility.
(3) Airsoft and paintball markers need to be stored in showrooms in a sealed container (eg glass Cabinet).
(4) the limitations of paragraph 3 shall not apply, if Airsoft and paintball markers by traders with a permission to engage in the arms trade (gunsmith) including the arms trade (§ 94 Z 80 of the 1994 Gewerbeordnung, BGBl. No. 194/1994 in the currently valid version) be given.
Transitional and final provisions
3. (1) this regulation into force on October 1, 2013.
(2) with entry into force of this regulation is the regulation of the Federal Minister for women's Affairs and consumer protection, on the placing on the market of firearm-like products (firearm-related products), Federal Law Gazette II No. 185/1997, override.
(3) this regulation was in compliance with the provisions of Directive 98/34/EC establishing an information procedure in the field of technical standards and regulations and of the rules for the services of the information society, OJ No L 204 of the 21.07.1998 p. 37, as last amended by Directive 2006/96/EC, OJ No. L 363 of 20.12.2006, p. 81, shall notify (Notifikationsnummer 2012/554/A).
Search Translated Laws of Austria