Read the untranslated law here: http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/BgblAuth/BGBLA_2014_II_101/BGBLA_2014_II_101.html
101. public announcement of the Federal Minister of national defence and sports regarding the woman promotion plan for the Federal Ministry for defence and sports
As a result of section 11a of the federal equal treatment Act (B-GlBG), Federal Law Gazette No. 100/1993, as last amended by the Federal Act, Federal Law Gazette I no. 210/2013, will be announced:
Wife promotion plan of the Federal Ministry for defence and sports for the period 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Preamble 1 main piece - goals and measures for achieving the goals of article 1. Objectives § 2. § 3 information work. Equality and advancement of women as part of the human resources and organization development section 4. Alerts and notices section 5. Selection criteria of section 6. Preferred recording section 7. Preferred appointment or order section 8. Protection and dignity in the workplace § 9. Linguistic equality § 10 equal treatment officers and women's Affairs of § 11 information rights 2. main piece - special support measures § 12 increase of the percentage of women through measures of education § 13. Special measures to increase the proportion of female soldiers § 14 career and career planning § 15 part-time work and parental leave § 16. the promotion of the re entry after utilisation of parental leave § 17 child care facilities § 18 representation of women on committees § 19 networking by women soldiers § 20 soldiers mentoring § 21 public relations article 22 jurisdiction § 23 duties 3. main piece - final provisions article 24. Into force enter preamble
The Federal Ministry for defence and sports is committed to an active policy of equal treatment, to ensure equality for women and men. The implementation of the measures contained in this woman promotion plan is whether the institutions who have to make decisions or proposals with regard to the matters of human, financial, organizational, or relating to the training or reimburse to the respective business division.
The woman promotion plan of the Federal Ministry for defence and sports is an instrument to support the gradual reduction of existing institutional or organizational justified unequal treatment of female staff of the Federal Ministry for defence and sports and to counter the under-representation of women in the Federal service, as well as by soldiers in the resort area of the Federal Ministry for defence and sports.
1. main piece
Objectives and measures to achieve targets
§ 1. Want track and carries out in particular the following objectives with the implementation of the plan of woman promotion:
1. the recognition of women at all levels as equivalent and equal employees.
2. the promotion of the potential female employees through measures in the field of personnel planning and development and, as appropriate, support for preferred participation by female staff on basic education, continuing and training and professional advancement.
3. the increase of the percentage of women in all use and remuneration groups. All measures which directly or indirectly can have an influence on the rate of women, are to align with this goal. The urgent need for the professional advancement of women arises from the specific extent of the current under-representation.
4. the optimization of the conditions for the reconciliation of family responsibilities and professional interests in the sense of a "work-life balance".
5. support a professional recovery difficult of employees servant and also female staff after a long absence by the service (such as due to a foreign mission).
6. the increase of acceptance for the use of parental leave and part-time in particular for the use of parental leave by male staff.
7. the promotion of an increased representation of women in all decision-making and advisory bodies.
8. the support of gradual degradation of structural discrimination against women soldiers through their involvement in the development and implementation of measures.
9. the targeted recruitment of women for the service of the Federal Ministry for defence and sports, in particular for the military careers, through the use of appropriate measures.
2. measures to achieve targets
The Frauenförderungsplan by the service Authority (personnel office) or the army personnel office has been proven to the knowledge is emerging a new § 2 (1) female servants and female persons in the education service.
(2) for adaptations and additions of woman promotion plan, all staff, in particular any Akgün, each head of unit and each Commander or any Commander are proven to inform (staff Office) or the army personnel office on the current woman promotion plan by the service authority. On request of an or a staff is the Frauenförderungsplan also in paper form to to provide.
(3) the current woman promotion plan is to publish in the intranet. In the annually recurring squad instruction is to indicate this possibility of insight.
(4) employees are participating in briefings of the compliance officer or women's representative to enable, if not serious business interests are opposed.
(5) the measures provided for in the Frauenförderungsplan are regular meetings between the Working Group on equality issues and the sparkling wine production and service authority lines to advise and their implementation can be observed.
(6) in the publications of the Department, especially in periodical print media and digital information resources, issues of equal treatment or the visualization of the contribution of female staff according to space is to give.
(7) in the electronic phone book of the Department, a servant or a servant of the body responsible for personnel matters for agendas relating to maternity protection is particularly assign vacation leave and flexible working time models.
Equality and advancement of women as part of human resources and organizational development
3. (1) the equality between women and men and the advancement of women is to realize the highest management level.
(2) in particular, the departments responsible for personnel and training agendas and commands have to support all measures, to understand and to participate in their development. A role model is to them.
(3) personnel conveying points to indicate the legal provisions for equal treatment and the promotion of women especially are or are accompanying measures (such as training) in terms of the existing wife promotion bid to set if necessary.
(4) in the framework of the staff pursuant to section 45a of the official service Corporation Act of 1979 (BDG 1979), BGBl. No. 333, annually to leading - and appraisal interview it's task of senior executives, actively to support women in the development of her career and has been proven to address the objectives and measures to achieve targets of the present woman promotion plan and to hold in this respect target agreements in writing.
(5) measures to promote women (such as those of soldiers mentoring) are to integrate into the system of personnel planning and staff development, and training.
(6) existing differences in the working conditions are due to care responsibilities of minor Member to consider and to equalize the personnel and organizational measures (such as in the classification of session times or travel orders), provided that no serious business interests are opposed.
Tenders and notices
4. (1) all tender and announcement texts according to the tender Act 1989 (ED), BGBl. No. 85, or federal equal treatment Act (B-GlBG), Federal Law Gazette No. 100/1993, last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. must 120/2012, in gender-neutral form to it. All qualifications relevant to the occupation are to include in these texts.
(2) as long as the requirements of §§ 11 b and 11 c (B-GlBG) Federal equal treatment Act, Federal Law Gazette No. 100/1993, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 120/2012 (50% women in the respective usage or remuneration group) are not met, is in bid invitation and announcement texts expressly to point out that the Federal Ministry for defence and sports aims at increasing the proportion of women and specifically urges therefore qualified women to apply , and that women at the same fitness as the best competitors are primarily taken or ordered, if not in the person of competitor this reasons outweigh one also is to transmit the weight of the appointment requirements referred to in the invitation to tender or notice to the service authority before the invitation to tender or notice by the respective service or the respective command.
(3) if the proportion of women in the area of effect of the respective department or of the respective commands in a use or function is below 50%, is in the tendering or Bekanntmachungstext expressly to point out that applications from women for positions in this function are particularly desirable.
(4) staff are on internal and external tenders, announcements of functions or inter food surveys from the respective Akgün or the relevant head of unit or the relevant Commander or the concerned commanders during one use of a parental leave, to inform in a timely manner and demand adequate (or at least the possibility to point out this information by use of the electronic job exchange (ESS) to see).
(5) paragraphs 1 to 4 shall apply to civilian as well as military functions.
Mrs discriminatory issues (including family planning) are § 5 (1) in job interviews inadmissible.
(2) in assessing the suitability of candidates no selection and evaluation criteria may be used, based on a discriminatory, role-stereotyped understanding of equality. In particular the selection criteria in accordance with § 5 are through federal equal treatment Act (B-GlBG), Federal Law Gazette No. 100/1993, amended Federal Law Gazette I no. 120 / 2012zu note.
(3) also the social skills (such as communication skills or emotional intelligence) is to attract criterion for the evaluation of leadership.
Section 6 (1) for all functions, where an under-representation of women in accordance with article no. 100/1993, amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 120/2012 is 11 b (B-GlBG), BGBl. federal equal treatment Act, are who are equally suitable for the desired position as the best competitors, if not in the person of competitor this reasons outweigh one, generally prefers to record.
(2) in implementation of article 12 of the women promotion plan of the Federal Ministry for defence and sports measures to use to approach within the staff development to employees and to motivate them targeted for a possible leadership role, and to ensure that this in the context of succession planning acquire the relevant qualifications for the assumption of management responsibility (E.g. by a junior staff training program).
Preferred appointment or order
§ 7 (1) who are equally suitable for the desired position as the best competitors, are in accordance with § 11c federal equal treatment Act (B-GlBG), BGBl. No. 100/1993, last I preferred no. 120/2012 by Federal Law Gazette to appoint or to order.
(2) applications from women during a qualifying pari passu with other applications to consider.
Protection and dignity in the workplace
Section 8 (1) against a derogatory statement or procedure, bullying or sexual harassment is to remedy the situation immediately. The Federal Ministry for defence and sports put targeted measures in the areas of prevention, intervention and sanctions. Senior people have to be aware of their role model effect to their employees and have a discrimination-free environment to maintain or create the service operation.
(2) the employees are from the superiors about the legal and as they are for injuries their dignity in the workplace, in particular gender or sexual harassment and bullying can other ways to inform, to defend. In particular bullying intervention chain of the Federal Ministry for defence and sports or the helpline service as first point of contact is the noted.
(3) officials, who claim discrimination on grounds of sex, can - set without prejudice to the administrative and disciplinary supervision, as well as the assertion of legal consequences and claims - against the equal treatment directives of the European Union in connection with a service relationship to the service authority a complaint of non-compliance. The service authority has to invite the person concerned to an open debate to settle the conflict headed by a mediator or a mediator accordingly within one month.
Linguistic equal treatment
Legislation, internal and external documents and publications of the Department are § 9 (1) to formulate gender meet. References can be used in female and male or unisex form. Women are linguistically to visualize in edicts, orders and in correspondence of the ministries, as well as on the official boards and door signs.
(2) within the framework of the current and future use of coming in information and communication technologies account is to take on a gender-fair language.
Equal treatment and women's representative
The activities are section 10 (1) of the equal treatment Ombudsman and their representatives or substitutes in accordance with B-GlBG and promotion plan part of the interests of the service activity.
(2) a professional disadvantage may arise from its function during exercise or after leaving this the compliance officer and their representatives or substitutes.
(3) the competent departments have to ensure that the necessary to carry out their activities resources (ICT, personnel, space and administrative expenses) the compliance officer, their representatives or delegates, and the women's representative and these activities are included in targets (such as about in the course of the annual staff and appraisal interview).
(4) the Working Group on equality issues is to provide an adequate budget available to carry out their tasks.
(5) travel movements are in pursuit of equal treatment or equal treatment representative, as a substitute, or Deputy, as well as women's representative as a service operation in the place of employment or business trip in terms of travel fees regulation 1955 RGV (), BGBl. amended by Federal Law Gazette No. 54/1956, reorder No. 133/1955 last and to pay.
(6) in the electronic phone book that or the competent compliance officer and their deputy or deputies under the keyword "Equal treatment or equal treatment representative or Deputy Representative for the area of representation of xx" is to lead. Also to lead the women's representative of the respective departments.
(7) the Federal Ministry for defence and sports has to hold meet training and information events for the compliance officer, their representatives and deputies, as well as for the women's representative.
§ 11. With reference to § 31 paragraph 2 federal equal treatment Act (B-GlBG), Federal Law Gazette No. 100/1993, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 120/2012, following information rights are foreseen:
(1) all services in the resort are obliged to provide the information necessary to perform their tasks of the Working Group for equal treatment issues, as well as to provide the requested information (such as statistics) in the required form and treatment.
(2) when an invitation to tender or a notice under section 20 tender Act 1989 (ED), BGBl. No. 85, or § 7 Federal equal treatment Act (B-GlBG), Federal Law Gazette No. 100/1993, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. tendering and announcement texts are 120/2012, with the possibility to comment in a timely manner to bring the or the compliance officer of the respective area of representation.
(3) for the call of a function according to §§ 2 to 4 or § 15a tender Act 1989 (ED), BGBl. No. 85, agreement is to establish with the Working Group on equality issues. The agreement is considered to be manufactured, if the Working Group for equality issues are the express consent or does not react within a period of two weeks after release. The Working Group for equality issues can raise reasoned objections within the two-week period and bring any counter-proposals.
(4) the names of the applicants and applicants are to bring the or the compliance officer of the respective area of representation. On request, there are also the relevant for the application process documents, in particular application requests to submit reviews, protocols and reports and lineup suggestions in a timely and informal.
(5) was when shooting, appointment or order within the meaning of articles 6 and 7 of the woman promotion plan of the Federal Ministry for defence and sports preference before a woman given an equally suitable man, this is on the part of the service Authority (personnel office). The rationale is to transmit the or the competent compliance officer in writing.
(6) or the responsible compliance officer is about planned temporary and permanent admissions to notify service allocations and transfers of female staff in writing.
(7) until 31 December 2014, a system to implement, which makes accessible and usable information by means of key performance indicators is through the responsible bodies. A clarification of the information requirement is made in the course of the establishment of the index system, in coordination between the Working Group on equality issues and the authorities. Through the performance measurement system gained information are below each until March 1st of each year for the previous calendar year, starting from 2015, to submit to the Working Group for equality issues.
(8) any planned changes in business and assignment of staff or any planned organization change is in time to announce the or the Chairman of the Working Group for equal treatment issues, with the right to give its opinion within two weeks.
(9) the competent human resources managers have three months after submission of the opinion of the federal equal treatment Commission, in writing about the measures taken on the basis of the opinion of the Department to inform the Working Group on equality issues.
2. main piece
Special support measures
Increasing the proportion of women through actions of training
Under the term 'Training' are § 12 (1) the following all basic training to understand training and further education.
(2) female staff for their current or possible future use both the internal and the external training, irrespective of the nature and place of the training facility, are especially and with all available means to support and promote. This concerns in particular career training courses and seminars that serve the personality formation (E.g. increase the leadership ability).
(3) training programmes, in particular for continuing education courses that qualify for import into higher-value uses and functions, are women on behalf of 11 of section d federal equal treatment Act (B-GlBG), Federal Law Gazette No. 100/1993, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 120/2012, prefers to admit. The same applies to training courses with limited number of participation.
(4) the Akgün, the head of unit, the captain or the Commander has female servants about events of in-service training, in particular through training sessions for executives, always on time and has been proven to inform. It is pointed out that applications are particularly appreciated by women.
(5) the Office management has to make it possible in coordination with the education authorities, has begun training to continue without losing the previously acquired training time, unless a disruption in a prescribed form of service exemption, such as parental leave, is justified.
(6) the Ellen head and the head of unit or the Commander and the Commander shall ensure, through organizational, material and personnel support that for soldiers, the necessary conditions for admission to and aims to the positive completion of career courses. Particular care is on adequate training and learning to take.
(7) the Ellen head and the head of unit or the Commander and the Commander has to support the trainee staff training to the entire extent can best be completed in an appropriate manner.
(8) the information about potential as well as the training project agreed to the human resources development in the context of an appraisal interview pursuant to section 45a of the official service Corporation Act of 1979 (BDG 1979), BGBl. No. 333, are proven to be recorded.
(9) the continuous increase of the percentage of women at the lecturers at educational and training events is to strive for.
Special measures to increase the proportion of female soldiers
Section 13 (1) has the Federal Ministry for defence and sports in representation of the report adopted by the Federal Government on 2 July 2013 to the reform of military service following measures aimed at improving the framework conditions for soldiers no later than 01 January 2015, to implement:
1. the revision of the existing carrier images for officers and non-commissioned officers in terms of avoiding woman discriminatory regulations, in particular regulations or regulations and with respect to required gender-specific differences. This revision has to meet in this respect formulated measures of the report adopted by the Federal Government on 2 July 2013 to the reform of military service.
2. the development of target group-oriented advertising and recruitment measures on the basis of defined career images.
3. review and adaptation of the physical performance limits in terms of weapon-specific performance standards.
4. the most family-friendly design training for single servicemen and women, in particular as regards career courses and all further training after basic training.
(2) to support a gradual degradation of structural discrimination, female soldiers in the implementation are in paragraph 1 point 1-4 mentioned measures, as well as relevant in the context of development and evaluation arrangements such as regulations or rules, to include.
Career and career planning
Appropriate measures to use to qualify women for taking leadership responsibility are section 14 (1) of the Akgün, the head of unit or the Commander or commander. Suitable applicants are to motivate to participate in special training seminars and by the transfer of tasks on their own responsibility (such as. To promote project management, workgroup management, issue and extension of approval authority).
(2) or the superiors entrusted directly with the technical supervision has an appraisal interview in accordance with § 45a of the officials Services Law Act 1979 (BDG 1979), BGBl. No. 333, to lead once a year with each and every employee. These are topics that are relevant to the concerned officials in connection with measures to achieve targets of the present woman promotion plan (such as more flexible organisation of working time), to be addressed explicitly and in writing to document.
(3) in the personnel planning and development, the possibility of recourse to parental leave in the careers of both sexes is taken into account. The employer has to point out, that the take-up of parental leave not adversely on the career and career planning for women and men.
(4) flexible and innovative forms of work (such as telework) are primarily to allow people with care responsibilities.
(5) the participation of interested women in the cross mentoring program of the Federal Government to the personal and professional development with the support of experienced mentors is to promote at all levels.
Part-time work and parental leave
Clerks are 15 (1) to put in the case by the service Authority (personnel office) on all models of flexible organisation of working time in connection with maternity leave and part-time in knowledge, as well as to inform about the conditions and effects of reduction of the weekly service time, in particular on the level of pension benefits to be expected.
(2) in the case of all staff is to promote acceptance of the use of parental leave and part-time work because of child care responsibilities by men. The employer has to create a positive attitude of value where such decisions of the staff in the organization can find recognition through appropriate measures (such as information on affected parties about the possibility of a parental leave when the birth of a child by the service authority).
(3) the employer has to allow a part-time care requiring officials sought, as far as this is possible while maintaining an orderly service operation. If a registration is not possible, the possibility of Job-Sharing into consideration is anyway. For staff, no professional disadvantage must be through this working time models.
(4) the employer has the organisational requirements to create that leadership also part time employees are accessible. Part-time work has be no exclusion for the entrustment management positions.
(5) when establishing meeting times is in accordance with the service options on the working hours of part-time workers and people with the (children's) care to take into account. Sessions are to plan as far as possible in the long term and to announce to employees in a timely manner.
(6) the arrangement of multiple service or overtime is on the temporal requirements arising from care responsibilities, to take into account.
Promotion of the re entry after utilisation of parental leave
Section 16 (1) has the service Authority (personnel office) the respective officials, reported the occurrence of pregnancy, to inform about their rights and options regarding maternity protection.
(2) the service Authority (personnel office) has employees on parental leave or parental leave split if necessary to inform re-entry and possible flexible working time models. In particular, it is to refer to the use and the sharing possibilities of the parental leave between the child's parents.
(3) the Office management or the captain or the Commander has each and every staff returning from parental leave no later than four weeks prior to the service to provide a conversation about her or his future use (activities and development opportunities). Where the attendance is the or of the future basically to provide immediate superior.
(4) staff, are located in the parental leave are on request by the competent service Authority (personnel office) about essential, the Department or the respective departments concerned, matters and to inform on major, education and training opportunities.
(5) for staff who are in the parental leave is the possibility to create reserve already prior to the termination of the waiting period for basic training, further training at the service of education authorities to make.
(6) the Office management or the captain or the Commander has the staff, located in the parental leave, three months before returning to allow to participate voluntarily at relevant meetings, as well as to internal events of the Department such as operating tours and Christmas celebrations.
(7) If a return at the previous place of work is not possible, an amicable solution for future use between or the staff to bring about the or the superiors and the personnel department shall in accordance with the business requirements. This consideration is to take the special living conditions of employees with caring responsibilities.
(8) returnees and returnees from the parental leave are priority to basic education, to allow education and training.
Child care facilities
17. (1) the Federal Ministry for defence and sports has regularly carry out surveys of demand for child care facilities, and to take all appropriate measures to meet the needs of childcare facilities for children of staff. There are check also cooperation opportunities with childcare facilities in the vicinity of departments or commands and to provide this information.
(2) if necessary, it is important to check whether temporary child care can be offered in the context of major, continuing and further education by the education authorities of service on request.
Representation of women in committees
Section 18 (1) in the composition of the commissions in accordance with § 10 federal equal treatment Act (B-GlBG), Federal Law Gazette No. 100/1993, last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. is 120/2012 to be at least one female member of the Commission appointed by the employer. Not affect the right of or of the Chairperson of the Working Group for equality issues or an or a servant of her or him canned/designated, to participate in the meetings of the commissions with an advisory vote. At the request of or of the Chairman of the Working Group for equal treatment issues, an opinion with regard to the taking into account of the B GlBG is to connect a protocol or an opinion.
(2) in the case of the composition of advisory boards, working groups, project groups or comparable Fed's decision-making or advisory bodies, whose Mitglieder be ordered not by choice, and commissions outside the scope of paragraph 1, the employer when ordering the members on a gender balance has to work. In particular caution is to take that women as Chairperson and ordinary members be ordered also.
(3) participation of women in all bodies within the meaning of paragraphs 1 and 2, is through the Akgün, the heads or the captain or the Commander through appropriate measures to actively promote and support.
Networking of women soldiers
Section 19 (1) in accordance with the recommendations which is federal army reform Commission to improve the coordination of the Affairs of female soldiers in close cooperation with relevant career advice and the founding, material support and conservation of Austria-wide communication platforms intended for soldiers.
(2) graduates of the National Defense Academy, which is Theresian Military Academy and the army non-commissioned officer Academy to facilitate the holding of a joint annual graduate meeting to the extent of at least one working day. The times of these meetings are considered service times, the necessary travel movements are to order to the place of employment or business trip within the meaning of the RGV as service performance and to pay.
Section 20 (1) can order a soldier, who agreed to stand for one or more female soldiers as a mentor to provide the Working Group for equality issues to the mentor. The willingness to engage in activity as a mentor, as well as the activities themselves are from the Ellen head or the head of unit or the superior Commander or the superior Commander to support and promote.
(2) the activity of the mentor is an unbesoldetes voluntary work, which is in addition to the professional obligations and possible without affecting the operation of the service. This consideration is to take on the additional burden of this activity. The mentor wield time required to the respective extent for the fulfilment of their tasks. Use of this time failure is possible only for serious business reasons.
(3) on the basis of the activity as a mentor, no professional disadvantage may be.
(4) travel movements are in pursuit of activities as a mentor to order to the place of employment or business trip within the meaning of the RGV as service performance and to pay.
§ 21. Information sessions, professional and study information fairs, in which the Federal Ministry for defence and Sports participates, and the self-presentation of the Department as an employer is to terminate on an enhanced representation of the contribution of female staff, or on a target group-oriented approach by women.
Scope of application
section 22. The provisions of woman promotion plan are all members of the Department accordingly to apply, regardless of employed part time.
section 23. The implementation of the measures referred to in this woman promotion plan is one of the duties of the competent organs.
3. main piece
Into force appearance
This Frauenförderungsplan section 24 (1) 1 January 2014 into force.
(2) the woman promotion plan of the Federal Ministry for defence and sports II announced in BGBl. No. 198/2012, occurs at the end of 31 December 2013 override.
Search Translated Laws of Austria