230th Ordinance of the Federal Minister for health information notice can (Los labelling regulation) the lot to which a foodstuff belongs
On the basis of § 6 para 1 and 2 of the food safety and Consumer Protection Act - LMSVG, Federal Law Gazette I no. 13/2006, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I is no. 171/2013, in agreement with the Federal Minister for science, research and economy:
§ 1 (1) adjusts this regulation the labelling of indicating lets you determine the lot to which a foodstuff belongs.
(2) in accordance with this regulation, the "lot" is a batch of sales units of a foodstuff produced, manufactured or packaged under virtually similar circumstances.
(3) food may be placed on the market only if they are accompanied by an indication referred to in paragraph 1.
2. (1) this Regulation shall not apply 1. for agricultural products, by the area of the farm a) on storage, preparation - or packing points are sold or delivered, b) be directed to producer organisations or c) for immediate use in an operational preparation or processing system collected, 2. If the food at the point of sale to the end user (the consumer) are not packaged, will be packed on request of the purchaser (the purchaser) or are packaged in terms of their direct sales , 3 for packaging or containers, the largest page area measures less than 10 cm2, 4 for ice cream single packs.
(2) No. 4 must be specified in exceptional cases referred to in paragraph 1 indicating the lot notice allows, on the overall.
Establishment and application of the lot
§ 3 (1) is the lot of the producer, manufacturer or Packager (by the producer, manufacturer or shipping agent) a food or by the (of the) first in the European Union, established seller (seller) set.
(2) the lot is set in any case under the responsibility of one of (a) the food business operator (food entrepreneurs) in accordance with paragraph 1 and attached.
(3) the lot is preceded by the letter "L", except, it differs significantly from the other particulars of the labelling.
§ 4 (1) packaged foods is the lot and, if necessary, the letter "L" on the packaging or a label associated with it to give.
(2) in the case of unpackaged foodstuffs, the lot and, where appropriate, the letter 'L' on the outer packaging or on the container or otherwise on the relevant trade documents is to specify.
(3) the lot is in any case easily visible, clearly legible and indelible to.
Omission of the indication of the lot
§ 5. That is specified, expiration date or the date on the label the specification of the lot you can omit if the date consists of the unencrypted specifying of at least the day and the month, in that order.
Reference to guidelines
§ 6. By this regulation, the policy will be 2011/91/EC on information, brands, which can determine the lot to which a foodstuff belongs OJ No. L 334 of 12, transposed into Austrian law.
Entry into force
§ 7. This Regulation shall enter into force 13 December 2014.