VISTO Decrees No. 1.131, dated 13 July 1994; No. 379, dated 28 August 1995; No. 1.393, dated 3 December 1996; No. 144, dated 30 January 1998 and No. 466, dated 29 April 1998;
That Decree No. 144/98 establishes in its article 6 that the SECRETARIAT OF INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE "BLANCOS" under the NATIONAL PRESIDENCE shall, for its approval by the National Executive, raise a project of organizational structure.
That the above-mentioned Decree provides, in its article 3, for the transfer to the aforementioned Secretariat, of the BLANCOS CASCOS COMMISSION, it is also appropriate to provide that the Operational Unit and the Technical-Administrative Directorate currently in the scope of the above-mentioned Commission shall become dependent on the SECRETARIAT OF INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE - "WHITE CAFTS" for a unified management of programs assigned as objectives to the new organism.
It is also appropriate to extend the objectives assigned to SECRETARIAT OF INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE - "Water CAFTS" of the NATION PRESIDENCE by Article 2 of Decree No. 144/98, since the reference to the World Food Programme was omitted in that normative act, and that the White Helmet Volunteers Corps was created after that rule.
For the proper management of the technical-administrative, budgetary and human resources aspects of the agency, it is appropriate to establish a higher level of conduct under the name of "Executive Coordinator" and whose functions will be assigned to the Second Vice-President of the BLANCOS CASCOS COMMISSION or to any of its remunerated Vocals, in order to avoid incurring any increase in the budget of the agency.
That the present measure is in exercise of the emerging powers of article 99, paragraph 1, of the National Constitution.
THE PRESIDENT OF THE ARGENTINA NATION
RIGHT:Article 1- Approve the organizational structure of the SECRETARIAT OF INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE - "Water CAFTS" of the NATION PRESIDENCE in accordance with the Organization, Objectives and Actions, which as Annexes I and II form an integral part of this Decree. Art. 2°- The functions of the "Executive Coordinator" of the SECRETARIAT OF INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE - "WHITE CAFTS" of the NATION PRESIDENCE, the Second Vice-President of the White Helmets Commission or any of the Vocals paid by that Commission, on the decision of the head of the agency. Art. 3°- It will be the responsibility of the Executive Coordinator to understand in the field of technical matters - administrative, budgetary and related to the management of the human resources of the agency. Art. 4°- Please note that the Administrative Directorate and the Operational Unit, both of the BLANCOS CASCOS Mission, will become dependent on the SECRETARIAT OF INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE - "Black Clocks." Art. 5°- Contact, post, give to the National Directorate of the Official Register and archvese. - MENEM. - Jorge A. Rodriguez. - Carlos V. Corach.
International Humanitarian Assistance Secretariat - "White Helmets"
White Helmets Commission
Administrative Technical Directorate
SECRETARIAT OF INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE - "Black Clocks"
- Coordinate and implement actions related to the White Helmets Initiative.
- Address emergencies affecting other countries and whose assistance is required bilaterally.
- To assume representation for humanitarian issues in the Ad-hoc Working Group for Peace Operations.
- Understand the actions derived from the World Food Programme.
- Supervising and coordinating the actions of the White Helmets Volunteer Corps.
COMMISSION CASCOS BLANCOS
- Planning and driving the management of the White Helmets Commission in its strategic, political and institutional aspects, in order to the international installation of the White Helmets Initiative.
- Assist the Secretary of International Humanitarian Assistance - "White Helmets" in the coordination and deployment of the White Helmets Volunteer Corps in humanitarian operations in Argentine territory.
- To conclude agreements with public or private, national or international agencies aimed at obtaining resources necessary for the development of the White Helmets Initiative.
ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICAL DIRECTION
- Assist the Executive Coordinator of the Secretariat of International Humanitarian Assistance - "White Helmets" in the dispatch of technical - administrative, budgetary and related matters to human resources management.
- Understand in the control, processing and registration of administrative acts and agreements signed by the Secretariat of International Humanitarian Assistance - "White Helmets" and any other actions that enter or leave it.
- Processing related to the human, financial, material and organizational resources of the Secretariat for International Humanitarian Assistance - "White Helmets".
- Coordinate the administrative action of the Secretariat of International Humanitarian Assistance - "White Helmets" with other agencies of the NATIONAL EXECUTIVE PODER.
- To carry out and coordinate liaison and coordination with national and international, governmental and non-governmental organizations, particularly with the United Nations and the Organization of American States.
- Understand in the preparation, organization, development and follow-up of the humanitarian missions of the White Helmets and others regarding the objectives of the Secretariat of International Humanitarian Assistance - "White Helmets".
- Propose plans and programmes relating to the performance of the White Helmet Volunteers Corps.
- Define profiles to be collected by volunteers involved in humanitarian missions and carry out their evaluation.
- Coordinate joint actions with other agencies involved in emergency situations.