Changes are made to the powers of the Communications and Press and Dissemination Secretariats, as set out in Decree No. 660/96.
Bs As- 16/8/96
VISTO the provisions of Decrees No. 245/96. 251/96. 515/96 and 660/96 and
That by the first of the decrees quoted in the Hittite, the SECRETARY of COMMUNICATIONS OF THE NATIONAL PRESIDENCE was established and by article 28 of Decree No. 660/96, among others, its objectives were approved.
That article 31 of Decree No. 660/96 established the NATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION for the merger of the NATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION, the FEDERAL COMMITTEE OF RADIODIFUSION and the NATIONAL COMMISSION ON TELEGRAPHIC CORREES, as a decentralized body of the SECRETARY OF COMMUNICATIONS OF THE PRESIDENCE.
Without prejudice to the previous intervention that under article 14 of Law No. 24629 is pending compliance, it is advisable to make some modifications regarding the powers of the SECRETARIAT OF COMMUNICATIONS and of PRENSA and DIFUSION both of the National PRESIDENCE in order to guarantee the uniformity of regulatory criteria.
To attentive to the new division of competences that are available, it is necessary to establish that the FEDERAL COMMITTEE OF RADIODIFUSION depends on the NATIONAL EXECUTIVE POWER through the 1st SECRETARIAT OF PRESS AND DIFUSION of the PRESIDENCE OF THE NATION and to grant intervention, prior to resolving the challenges against the decisions of the NATIONAL SECRETARIAT.
That UNITY OF REFORM AND MODERNIZATION THE STATE has taken the intervention that belongs to it.
That this measure is given in the use of the emerging powers of article 99, paragraph 1, of the NATIONAL CONSTITUTION and Chapter II of Law No. 24,629.
THE PRESIDENT OF THE
Article 1-Replace Annex II of Decree No. 660/96 with regard to the objectives of the SECRETARIAT OF COMMUNICATIONS of the NATIONAL PRESIDENCE, with the following:
- To assist the NATIONAL EXECUTIVE PODER in the aspects of its competence by understanding the development, proposal and implementation of communications policies, monitoring their compliance and proposing the regulatory framework to facilitate their implementation.
- Generate, through the study of the progress made in the world, proposals on policies to apply in the field of broadcasting, telecommunications and postcards of the Nation, aimed at achieving the technological update of such services.
-Coordinate the implementation of policies. the NATIONAL EXECUTIVE POWER has been set and supervised by the respective control entities.
- Generate proposals on optimal mechanisms for the protection of the rights of customers and users in telecommunications and postal matters.
-To develop the draft regulations on telecommunications and postal matters; and to issue the General Regulations of Public Hearings and Consultation Documents, Interconnection, Customers of the Basic Telephonic Service and Independent and Cooperative Operators. of Quality of Service, of Sanctions to Independent Operators, of Customers Mobile Phone Services, as provided for by point 7.9, third paragraph of the Bases and Conditions Approved by Decree No. 62/90 and its modifications of Administration, Management and Control of the Radioelectric Spectrum, of Licences for Operators of the National and International Telephonic Service of Economic Information, Accounting and postal services of the Telefonic Service.
_Instructing regulatory entities from their dependence on regulatory policies to follow, and resolving administrative resources to be used against the actions of regulatory entities of specific activities
- Understand in the formulation of the bases and conditions for invitations to contest and/or tender for the granting of licences for new telecommunications services, including that referred to in Resolution No. 164 of 8 February 1995 and its supplements, of 1 record of the MINISTERY OF ECONOMY AND ARTWORKS AND PUBLIC SERVICES.
- To grant and declare the expiry of the licenses to which there is no exclusive-living regime and to grant the licenses provided for by point 8.10 of Base and Conditions Approved by De- creto N° 62/90 modified by its similar Nros 677/90 and 973/90: and to grant and declare the caducle of authorizations or pemisos.
- Fix the tariff policies of the sectors under regulation and control, according to the provisions of the legislation in force. Adopt the final rates of telecommunications services.
- To adopt the fundamental technical plans and the interconnection rules referred to in Article 6 (c) and (n) of Decree No. 1185/90 and its amendments.
Art. 2° - Replace article 31 of Decree 660 of 24 June 1996 with the following:
- ARTICLE 31 -The NATIONAL COMMISSION OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS (CNT), the NATIONAL COMMISSION OF COURREES AND TELEGRAPHS (CNCT) and the FEDERAL COMMITTEE OF RADIODIFUSION (COMFER) constitute the NATIONAL COMMISSION OF COMMUNICATIONS (CNC). The Commission will function as a decentralized agency of the SECRETARIAT OF COMMUNICATIONS of the PRESIDENCE OF NATION, assuming the jurisdictions, powers, rights and obligations of the entities that are merged by this act, it being understood that with respect to the competences that Law No. 22,285 grants to the FEDERAL COMMITTEE OF RADIODIFUSION, they shall only be transferred to the NATIONAL COMMISSION OF COMMUNICATIONS those corresponding to Articles 11 to 13, 26 to 32,39 to 68 and 95),
In the time limits provided for in article 11, paragraph 2 of Decree No. 558/96, the SECRETARIAT OF COMMUNICATIONS of the NATIONAL REMARK shall refer to the draft organizational structure of the NATIONAL COMMUNICATION COMMITTEE for 1st REFORMATION AND MODERNIZATION OF THE STATE."
Art. 3°-Please note that as long as the merger process provided for in Article 31 of Decree No. 660/96, as amended by the present, the FEDERAL COMMITTEE ON RADIODIFUSION will depend on the NATIONAL EXECUTIVE PODER through the PRENSATING SECRETARY AND DIFUSION of the NATIONAL PRESIDENCE.
Art. 4°-During the period provided for in the preceding article, administrative challenges against the decisions of the FEDERAL COMMITTEE of RADIODIFUSION that are linked to articles 11 to 13, 26 to 32, 39 to 68 and 95 (b), (c), (f), (g), (i), (j), (n) and (g) of Act No. 22285, before its lifting to the NATIONAL EXECUTIVE PODERATION shall be addressed by the NATIONAL COMMENT
Art. 5o-Article 2 of Decree No. 95 of 8 July 1989.
Art. 6°-Communicate to the Joint Commission on State Reform and Monitoring of Privatizations, attentive to article 14 of Act No. 24,629.
Art. 7°-Contact, post, give to the National Directorate of the Official Register and archvese.-MENEM.-Jorge A. Rodríguez. -