Bs. As., 16/3/93
VISTO that the objectives set out in the Social Plan are considered as a priority for the National Government, and
That in this regard the MINISTERY OF HEALTH AND SOCIAL ACTION, through the SECRETARIAT OF HEALTH and the SECRETARIAT OF TECHNICAL COOPERATION PROJECTS, has prepared the Child Maternal Investment Project with funds from the National Programme of Technical Assistance of the Social Sectors (PRONATASS), and the collaboration of the United Nations Children ' s Fund (UNICEF) as well as the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
That the stage of preparation of the Project has been completed.
That the objectives of the Project are aimed at improving the quality of life of the structural poor, especially the health and nutritional status of women of fertile age and children, and improving their psychosocial development.
That the implementation of the Project will optimize the use of human and financial resources, achieving a transformation in the orientation of the same.
That it is necessary to create the functional and organic conditions that allow its functioning and execution, thus exceeding the stage of enunciation to contribute to the effective improvement of its last recipients, that is, the unprotected maternal population.
That the implementation of the Project requires the need to take comprehensive measures that transcend the objectives of a single Secretariat, and therefore organizational coordination is necessary
It is necessary to establish in the Ministry of Health and OCIAL ACTION a Coordination Unit that operates directly and specifically, and is responsible for the implementation of it.
That the present measure is determined in the use of the powers conferred by Article 86, paragraph 1) of the National Constitution.
THE PRESIDENT OF THE ARGENTINA NATION
RIGHT:Article 1 Apply the MATERNO INFANTIL and NUTRICION PROGRAM to be developed within the scope of the MINISTERY OF HEALTH and OCIAL ACTION, whose objectives and lines of action form an integral part of this Decree as Annex I. Art. 2° . Trust in the jurisdiction of the MINISTERY OF HEALTH and SOCIAL CCION the COORDINARY UNITY of the MATERNO INFANTIL PROGRAMME and NUTRITION. Art. 3rd La The COORDINARY UNITY OF THE PROGRAMME created by the preceding article shall be composed of personnel belonging to the staff of the MINISTERY OF HEALTH and SOCIAL ACTION, its formation shall be approved by Resolution of the Minister of Health and Social Action of the Nation, in accordance with Decree 1482/90. In addition, the Programme ' s COORDINARY UNITY will be integrated with staff recruited in accordance with the rules agreed with the relevant international financing agency, making use of the credit funds provided for the MATERNO INFANTIL PROGRAMME and NUTRITION and financial advances for the implementation of the Programme to be awarded by the international financing agency. Art. 4° . For the purposes of compliance with Article 3 of the present rule, enable the UNITY COORDINADOR OF THE PROGRAM to proceed with the required recruitments, which shall be approved by the competent body on the basis of their amount. Art. 5° La COORDINARY UNITY OF THE PROGRAMME will be jointly chaired by the Lords Secretary of Health and Technical Cooperation Projects of the MINISTERY OF HEALTH and SOCIAL ACTION. Mr. Secretary of Coordination and Administration of the MINISTERY OF HEALTH and SOCIAL ACTION will have intervention in the aspects of his competence. Art. 6° . Approve the structure, primary responsibility and functions of the COORDINARY UNITY OF THE PROGRAMME created by Article 2 of this norm, which as Annexes II and III form an integral part of it. Art. 7° El The management and operational coordination of the COORDINARY UNITY of the MATERNO INFANTIL PROGRAMME And NUTRICION will be exercised by an Executive Coordinator and a Deputy Coordinator who will be appointed by the Minister of Health and Social Action of the Nation on the proposal of the Lords Secretaries of Health and Technical Cooperation Projects, for a period of DOS (2) years, their functions are listed in Annex III to this Decree. Art. 8° . The expenditure that demands compliance with the MATERNO INFANTIL PROGRAMME and NUTRICION will be met, in respect of the national counterpart funds, with the charge of the provisions of the budget of the MINISTERIO DE SALUD and ACCION SOCIAL, with the prior intervention of the Ministry of Coordination and Administration of that Ministry. Art. 9° . Please inform the Executive Coordinator of the Programme ' s COORDINARY UNITY, with knowledge and prior approval from the Secretaries of Health and Technical Cooperation Projects, to manage the subscription of particular agreements with national, provincial and international agencies for the performance of the functions set out in Annex II to this Decree, which do not involve tax costs. Art. 10 . Communicate, publish, give to the National Directorate of the Official Register, and arched. MENEM - Julio C Aráoz.
1. To contribute to the focus of social policies by targeting the most deprived sectors of society and among them the most vulnerable groups: mothers and children under five years of age, promoting, in particular, the best psychosocial development of children between 2 and 5 years by strengthening the management of health, nutrition and preschool education programmes in the provinces and municipalities.
2. Decreasing maternal and child morbidity rates through improved focus and better design, implementation and coordination of health, nutrition, supplementary feeding and preschool education services and programmes, which are currently being implemented in the country, increasing, among others, the efficiency and effectiveness of school dining programmes.
3. Ensuring federal and decentralized implementation of the programme, covering the impact of the respective provincial, municipal and non-governmental jurisdictions and promoting complementary actions to benefit the population as a whole through improving the organization of existing programmes, contributing to the training of the human resources of the sector.
LINES OF ACTION
The lines of action to achieve the proposed objectives include:
1. Rehabilitation of health service, maternity and neonological services.
2. Transformation of school eaters and kindergartens
3. Food supplementation of pregnant women and children under six years of age.
4. Training of intervening human resources.
STRUCTURE OF THE COORDINARY UNITY OF THE PROGRAMME
(a) The Programme ' s COORDINARY UNITY will have functional dependence on the Ministry of Health and the SECRETARIAT for Technical Cooperation Projects of the Ministry of Health and Social Action, which will be attributed to the specific competence of each SECRETARIAT.
(b) The Programme ' s COORDINARY UNITY will have a Committee for the Coordination of the Programme of an honorary character composed of the Health Secretaries and Technical Cooperation Projects of the MINISTERY OF HEALTH and SOCIAL ACTION in its capacity as presidents, and a representative of each Province, with ministerial rank, attached to the Programme.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY OF THE COORDINARY UNITY OF THE PROGRAMME
The Programme ' s COORDINARY UNITY will be responsible for the administration of the Programme and will provide guidance, technical assistance and supervision to the provinces in the preparation and implementation of its Provincial Programmes; Approving and monitoring them and preparing the reports required by the funding agencies, which will be approved and elevated by the SECRETARIAT for TECHNICAL COOPERATION PROJECTS.
ACTIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE COORDINATION OF THE COORDINARY UNITY OF THE MATERIAL PROGRAMME
The Executive Coordinator designated under Article 7 shall have the following functions:
1. Coordinate the operational actions inherent in the Programme between the SECRETARIAT OF HEALTH, of TECHNICAL COOPERATION AND COORDINATION AND ADMINISTRATION PROJECTS, and international funding agencies.
2. . Instrumentate technically the decisions of the Presidency of the Programme by implementing the strategic follow-up of the Programme and identifying relevant information on the social and maternal problem of children, in order to formulate proposals on its redesign.
3. . Develop the Annual Programme Operations Plan, and develop the internal rules necessary for its efficient implementation.
4. . To advise the Provincial Executing Units, in their organization, selection and training of their human resources, articulating their relationship with them.
5. . Analyze and technically evaluate provincial proposals and carry out economic, financial and operational management control.
6. . Apply the rules of procurement of goods and consultants of the Programme and the patterns and standards of storage, in accordance with the current legislation.