Bs. As., 10/10/90
VISTO Decree No. 2148/90, establishing the NATURAL ESTRICTA RESERVE category to ensure the preservation of Argentine biological diversity in protected areas that provide the highest guarantees for this purpose, and
That, as manifested at that time, the selection of land to form the ESTRICT NATURAL RESERVE Network should be initiated, in the first instance, within those that belong to the domain of the Nation, included in sectors that form part of the existing National Parks, without prejudice to the inclusion of other tax-owned grounds.
The bio-ecological studies aimed at the specification of such a selection arise at this first stage a number of areas of interest, to contain environments of the greatest genetic diversity in the country, in which the last population reducts of certain indigenous animal or plant species are located, or to maintain a variety of characteristic ecosystems.
That, on the basis of this and in accordance with the provisions of Decree No. 2.148/90, it is up to the NATIONAL EXECUTIVE PODER to resolve the surfaces that will be incorporated into the system of protected areas.
That the present measure is in use of the emerging powers of article 86, paragraph 1 of the National Constitution.
THE PRESIDENT OF THE ARGENTINA NATION
RIGHT:Article 1 las Register the following ESTRICT NATURAL RESERVES (RNE) in lands of the domain of the Nation:
1) RNE Iguazú, covering a sector of the National Park (PN) Iguazú.
2) RNE San Antonio, covering a sector of the IFONA Forestry Station located in the Gral Department. Belgrano, Province of Missions.
3) RNE El Palmar, covering a sector of El Palmar National Park, Entre Ríos Province.
4) RNE Pilcomayo, covering the Río Pilcomayo National Park in Formosa Province.
5) RNE Chaco, covering the Chaco National Park in the Province of Chaco.
6) RNE Colonia Benítez, covering a closure of the homonymous station of the National Institute of Agricultural Technology in the Province of Chaco.
7) RNE Calilegua, covering the Calilegua National Park in Jujuy Province.
8) RNE Baritú, covering a sector of Baritú National Park, Salta Province.
9) RNE El Rey, covering El Rey National Park in Salta Province.
10) RNE Lihué Calel, covering a sector of Lihué Calel National Park, La Pampa Province.
11) RNE Otamendi, covering a land of the National Council of Minority and Family in the Party of Campana, Province of Buenos Aires.
12) RNE Laguna Blanca, covering Laguna Blanca National Park in the Province of Neuquén.
13) RNE Lanín, covering a sector of Lanín National Park, Neuquén Province.
14) RNE Nahuel Huapi, covering Nahuel Huapi National Park in Neuquén Provinces and Río Negro.
15) RNE Lago Puelo, covering a sector of Lago Puelo National Park, Chubut Province.
16) RNE Los Alerces, covering a sector of Los Alerces National Park, Chubut Province.
17) RNE Los Glaciares, covering the Los Glaciares National Park in the Province of Santa Cruz.
18) RNE Perito Moreno, covering a sector of Perito Moreno National Park, Province of Santa Cruz.
19) RNE Petrified forests, covering the Natural Monument of the Petrified Forests in the Province of Santa Cruz.
20) RNE Tierra del Fuego, covering the Tierra del Fuego National Park in the homonymous province.Art. 2° The limits of the Strict Natural Reserves set out in the previous article within the National Parks will be provisionally indicated in the maps accompanying this decree, as annexes. The ADMINISTRATION OF NATIONAL PARKS, within the framework of Project ARG/85/012 with the UNITED NATIONS ORGANIZATION FOR AGREEMENT AND FOLLOW-UP, shall be responsible for carrying out the necessary studies, within a time limit of SCIENTO VEINTE (120) days after the validity of this decree, to propose the definitive limits of all reservations, which shall be established by a new decree. Art. 3°. . The delimitation of the Strict Natural Reserves that are integrated with sectors of the domain of the Nation not covered by Law No.22.351 shall be carried out with the intervention of the respective jurisdictional authorities. Art. 4°. . Communicate, publish, give to the National Directorate of the Official Register and archvese. MENEM - July I. Mera Figueroa.