MONUMENTS AND HISTORIC LUGARES Decree No. 369/1975 A part of the Convent of the Catherines should be described as a historical monument.
Bs. As., 13/2/75
VISTO the Expediente 68.952/74 of the registration of the Ministry of Culture and Education, by which the Commission of Museums and Monuments and Historic Places requests to declare a historical monument a part of the convent of the Catalinas, delimited by the streets San Martín, Viamonte, Reconquista and Córdoba of this Capital; and
That the conventual constructions that rise within the plot 5° of the property constitute a notable example of arquitectonic interest;
That the works began in 1738 and concluded in 1745, having intervened in them the prestigious Jesuit architect, Brother Andrés Bianqui;
That the building is linked to episodes of our History, because during the second English invasion it was occupied, as happened with other convents and churches, by British forces, later evicted by Creole weapons.
That it is the duty of the Public Powers to promote the conservation of all those remaining copies that increase national culture;
Therefore, in accordance with the information provided by the National Commission for Museums and Monuments and Historic Places and advised by the Minister of Culture and Education.
THE PRESIDENT OF THE ARGENTINA NATION
RIGHT: Article 1 -
The part of the convent of the Catherines built on the 5th plot of the Property delimited by the streets San Martín, Viamonte, Reconquista and Córdoba and pointed out in the plane that, as an annex, forms an integral part of the present decree, excluding the church that holds the aforementioned hierarchy. Art. 2° -
The National Commission of Museums and Monuments and Historic Places will take measures leading to the conservation of the property. Art. 3° -
Contact, post, give to the National Directorate of the Official Records and file.
M. E. de PERON