LEY N° 14.400 Regulate the dissemination of ideas and programmes by political parties.
Promulgated in fact.
The Senate and Chamber of Deputies of the Argentine Nation, meeting in Congress, sanction with force ARTICLE 1.
- The diffusion of ideas, doctrines and programmes of political parties that concur to elections, as well as of other absolutely free organizations.
The enforcement authority may prevent or suppress any kind of propaganda or act, which tends to alter order or public tranquillity or when it is contrary to the interests of the people. ARTICLE 2
.- Public events or meetings should be held in closed places. ARTICLE 3.
They can be held in streets, squares, parks or in other open places, patriotic or national significance, official acts, acts of political parties in pre-electoral times and union, sports and artistic acts.
For the purposes of this law, pre-electoral periods shall be deemed to begin sixty days before the date set for the election of President and/or Vice-President of the Nation or forty-five days before which it is determined for any other election.
During pre-electoral times, political acts will have a preference for the use of open places. ARTICLE 4°.
- Without prejudice to the above provisions, the enforcement authority may prohibit and prevent the conduct of any act or public meeting when it poses imminent danger of disruption of order or public tranquillity or when its celebration is contrary to the interests of the people. ARTICLE 5°.
- Offences to this Act shall be punished with arrests of up to sixty days, provided that they do not constitute more serious offences or offences, if any, may be brought to the close of the premises. ARTICLE 6°.
- The police authority through the Federal Security Council shall be the enforcement body of this law, and its resolutions are appealing to the Ministry of the Interior and Justice of the Nation. ARTICLE 7°.-
Contact the Executive.
Given in the meeting room of the Argentine Congress, in Buenos Aires, on the twenty-one day of the month of December of the year a thousand nine hundred and fifty-four.
|A. TEISAIRE ||A. J BENITEX |
|Alberto H. Reales |
|Rafael V. González |
- Registered under number 14.400-