The Senate and Chamber of Deputies of the Argentine Nation assembled in Congress, etc. sanction with force of Law:ARTICLE 1 Approval of the Agreement on the Exemption of ADMINISTRATIVE DOCUMENTS FOR INMIGRATION EFFECTS ENTRE STATES PARTIES OF MERCOSUR, subscribed to Florianópolis presenteREPUBLICA FEDERATIVA DEL BRASIL. on 15 December 2000, which consists of CINCO (5) articles, whose photocopy is part of the present law. ARTICLE 2 Contact the national executive branch.
IN THE SESSION OF THE ARGENTINE CONGRESS, IN GOOD AIRES, TO THE NEW DAYS OF JUNE OF THE YEAR DOS MIL CUATRO.
EDUARDO O. CHANGE. A. GUINLE. . Eduardo D. Rollano. . Juan Estrada.
AGREEMENT ON EXCHANGE OF ADMINISTRATIVE DOCUMENTS FOR INMIGRATION EFFECTS FROM STATES PARTIES TO MERCOSUR
The Argentine Republic, the Federal Republic of Brazil, the Republic of Paraguay and the Eastern Republic of Uruguay, called "States Parties",CONSIDERING the Treaty of Assumption and the Protocol of Ouro Preto; REAFIRMANDO the desire of the States Parties of MERCOSUR to strengthen the fraternal links between them and to increase the flow of the beneficiaries of this Agreement; FATIZING the importance of promoting, in legal instruments of cooperation, free transit and the permanence of the citizens of the States Parties to this Agreement through the facilitation of migration proceedings; CONSIDERING CMC Decision No. 12/91, which prompts the implementation of measures to facilitate the transit of nationals of States Parties; IN ACCOUNT the will of democratic States to move forward in mechanisms for the gradual elimination of entry, exit and stay in States Parties, ACUERDAN:
The present Agreement shall apply to documents submitted for the purposes of migratory proceedings relating to the application of visa, renewal of stay and granting of stay.
The nationals of any of the States Parties are dispensed, in the migratory administrative procedures referred to in Article 1, of the requirement for the translation of the following documents:
1) Passport 2) Identity Card 3) Testimonies of Birth and Marriage certificates or certificates 4) Certificate of Absence of Criminal Background.
The waiver of the translation of documents established by this Agreement does not dispense its beneficiaries with the enforcement of the other laws and regulations on migration in force in each State Party.
There are substantial doubts as to the content of the submission, the country of entry may, exceptionally, require the translation of the respective document.
1. This Agreement shall enter into force with respect to the first two States Parties ratifying it or notifying the incorporation into their domestic legal systems, thirty (30) days after the date on which the second of those States Parties deposits its instrument of ratification or notification. For other States Parties, the thirtieth day after the deposit of their respective instrument of ratification or notification shall enter into force.
2. This Agreement shall not restrict others that may exist among States Parties on the matter, to the extent that they do not oppose it.
3. The Republic of Paraguay shall deposit the present Agreement and the instruments of ratification and notifications and shall send a duly authenticated copy of them to the other States Parties.
4. The Republic of Paraguay shall notify other States Parties of the date of entry into force of this Agreement and of the date of deposit of instruments of ratification and notifications.
5. Any State Party may denounce this Agreement by written notification to the other Parties. The complaint shall take effect 6 (six) months after the notification date.
Made in Florianópolis, Federal Republic of Brazil, 15 days from December 2000, in an original copy, in the Spanish and Portuguese languages, both equally authentic texts.
- ERRATA-Act No. 25,901
In the 15/07/2004 edition, where the aforementioned Law was published, the following error was revealed:DONDE DICE: Enacted: July 7, 2004 I should say: Cast: July 13th, 2004