The Senate and Chamber of Deputies of the Argentine Nation assembled in Congress, etc. sanction with force of Law:ARTICLE 1 Appropriate the Agreement on the Review of Work of ADMINISTRATIVE DOCUMENTS FOR IMMIGRATION EFFECTS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . DE CHILE, subscriber to Florianópolis - FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BRAZIL - on 15 December 2000, which consists of CINCO (5) articles, whose authenticated photocopy is part of this law. ARTICLE 2 Contact the national executive branch.
IN THE SESSION OF THE ARGENTINE CONGRESS, IN GOOD AIRES, TO THE NEW DAYS OF JUNE OF THE YEAR DOS MIL CUATRO.
EDUARDO O. CHANGE. A. GUINLE. . Eduardo D. Rollano. . Juan Estrada.
AGREEMENT ON EXTENTION OF TRADUCTION OF DOCUMENTS ADMINISTRATIVES FOR INMIGRATION EFFECTS BETWEEN STATES PARTIES OF MERCOSUR, BOLIVIA REPUBLIC AND CHILE REPUBLIC
The Argentine Republic, the Federal Republic of Brazil, the Republic of Paraguay and the Eastern Republic of Uruguay, States Parties to MERCOSUR, the Republic of Bolivia and the Republic of Chile, all known as "States Parties" for the purposes of this Agreement,VISTO the Treaty of Asunción, the Ouro Preto Protocol, the Economic Complementation Agreement No. 35, the Economic Complementation Agreement No. 36 and the Common Market Council Decisions No. 14/96 "Participation of Third Countries Associated with MERCOSUR Meetings" and No. 12/97 "Chilean Participation in MERCOSUR Meetings"; CONSIDERING that the founding instruments of MERCOSUR establish the commitment by States parties to harmonize their legislation; REAFIRMANDO the desire of the States Parties of MERCOSUR and Associates to strengthen the fraternal links between them and to increase the flow of the beneficiaries of this Agreement; FATIZING the importance of promoting, in legal instruments of cooperation, free transit and the permanence of the citizens of the States Parties to this Agreement through the facilitation of migration proceedings; IN ACCOUNT the will of democratic States to move forward in mechanisms for the gradual elimination of entry, removal and stay in States parties; IN CONCORDANCE with Decision CMC 7/96, which motivated the need to move forward in the development of common mechanisms to deepen cooperation in the areas of competence of the Ministries of the Interior or equivalents, ACUERDAN:
The present Agreement shall apply to documents submitted for the purposes of migratory proceedings relating to the application of visa, renewal of stay and granting of stay.
Nationals of any of the States Parties are dispensed, in the migratory administrative procedures specified in Article 1 of the requirement for translation of the following documents:
1) Passport. 2) Identity Certificate. 3) Testimonies of Birth and Marriage certificates or certificates. 4) Certificate of Absence of Criminal Background.
The waiver of the translation of documents established by this Agreement does not dispense its beneficiaries with compliance with the other migration laws and regulations in force in each State Party.
There are substantial doubts as to the content of the submission, the country of entry may, exceptionally, require the translation of the respective document.
1. This Agreement shall enter into force thirty (30) days after the deposit of the instrument of ratification of at least one State Party of MERCOSUR and at least one Associated State. For other States Parties, the thirtieth day after the deposit of their respective instrument of ratification shall enter into force.
2. This Agreement shall not restrict others that may exist among States Parties on this matter, to the extent that they do not oppose it.
3. The Republic of Paraguay shall deposit the present Agreement, the instruments of ratification and shall send a duly authenticated copy of the same to the other States Parties.
4. The Republic of Paraguay shall notify other States Parties of the date of entry into force of this Agreement and of the date of deposit of instruments of ratification or notification.
5. Any State Party may denounce this Agreement by written notification to other States Parties. The complaint shall take effect 6 (six) months after the notification date.
Made in Florianópolis, Federal Republic of Brazil, 15 days from December 2000, in an original copy, in the Spanish and Portuguese languages, both texts being equally authentic.