The Senate and Chamber of Deputies of the Argentine Nation assembled in Congress, etc. sanction with force of LawARTICLE 1 In the context of the Congress of the Nation, a Bicameral Parliamentary Commission Investigates the Compliance of the Cheques Act No. 24,452 (as amended by Act No. 24,760) as soon as it establishes the integration of a FINANCING FUND for persons with disabilities. ARTICLE 2 The commission shall aim to investigate compliance with Act No. 24,452, from the day of entry into force, until the validity of Act No. 25,413, and, to the present time, with regard to the retention of public and private financial entities, for the rejection of cheques issued by current account holders, regardless of the name given to such retention.
The commission ' s role includes the actions carried out by the Central Bank of the Argentine Republic, in its capacity as a collector in accordance with the Law of Cheques, of the fines provided for therein (multas a cargo of current accounts payers and fines by financial entities), judicial actions against the Central Bank and filed by the Central Bank. Also, the fate of what was effectively collected, with determination of the agencies that administered the fund, programmes to which they were implemented and regulations, resolutions and decrees, linked to the implementation of the fund for the financing of programmes for the disabled.
He will also investigate:
1o- The performance of the National Institute of Social Services for Retired and Pensioned Persons in relation to the nature of the implementation body of the Annex B programme; Annex II, which is integrated into Article 7th "Programme Funding for Persons with Disabilities".
2o- Retentions made by private and public financial entities, after the entry into force of the Competitiveness Act No. 25.413, under the name of "commissions" or any other, regarding the rejection of cheques without funds.
3o- The final destination that the beneficiaries, government agencies and non-governmental organizations gave to the subsidies provided under Act No. 24.452.Article 3 The commission shall consist of four senators and four deputies appointed by the Presidents of the respective Chambers, noting the proportions in which the various political blocs are represented, and shall have a duration of one hundred and eighty (180) days, extended for a period of equal duration.
The Commission shall designate at its first meeting a President, a Vice-President and a Registrar and shall issue its own rules of procedure.ARTICLE 4 The commission must bring to each House at the end of its duration a detailed report of its investigations, while it must develop the parliamentary projects it deems necessary.
The commission will report, obligatoryly, progress in the investigation to the General Audit of the Nation.
It shall also proceed to refer in the event of warning of any act which may constitute a crime, an authenticated copy to the competent judicial body.ARTICLE 5o The commission shall have the following powers:
(1) Request reports to any national, provincial or municipal agency, or to private individuals or entities, who shall provide them.
(2) To cite and make any person appear through the public force, through the Judiciary, in order to give testimony on the facts of the investigation.
(3) To be established in any public or private place, upon issuance of the corresponding order of search by the Judiciary, and may kidnap the documents and other elements it deems necessary.
(4) Perform expertise with the cooperation of technical personnel of the Federal Police, the Judiciary, or of any technical body dependent on the executive powers and monitoring and audit bodies established by law.
(5) The commission may require the Judiciary, in a duly justified manner, to prohibit the departure of the country from any person whose presence is indispensable for the commissioned investigation.
(6) To convene a public hearing of any non-governmental organization linked to the issue of the disabled.
(7) Carry out all probationary proceedings.ARTICLE 6 From the entry into force of this Act, the Congress of the Nation shall publish in the mass media of written communication of greater circulation, the invitation to any non-governmental organization, with legal person, to participate in the public hearings provided for in article 5, paragraph 6, in order to provide the commission with any information, or public or private instrument, related to the investigation carried out by it. ARTICLE 7 The commission, once constituted, will require through the Presidency of both Chambers the staffing required to carry out its purposes. It will be integrated in the first place by permanent or transitional administrative staff in an equal manner by both Chambers, making for them a thorough selection based on their professional capacity and experience.
The commission will raise to the Presidencys of both Chambers, within ten days of incorporation, a budget of expenses that will be solved by them. At the end of the commission, a detailed performance report will be issued in the Official Gazette and the Internet sites of both Chambers.ARTICLE 8 The expenses that demand compliance with this law shall be charged to the budget of the Congress of the Nation. Article 9 Contact the national executive branch.
IN THE SESSION OF THE ARGENTINE CONGRESS, IN GOOD AIRES, TO THE DIASS OF THE MONTH OF JULY OF THE YEAR DOS MIL TRES.
EDUARDO O. CHANGE. . JOSE L. GIOJA. . Eduardo D. Rollano. . Juan Estrada.