For purposes of this article, the following words and phrases shall have the respective meaning ascribed to them by this section:
(1) BOARD. The State Board of Education.
(2) JUNIOR COLLEGE. An educational institution offering instruction in the arts and sciences on the level of difficulty of the first two years above high school level.
(3) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(4) TRADE SCHOOL. An educational institution offering instruction primarily in useful trades, occupations or vocational skills.
(5) POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION DEPARTMENT. A parallel organization to the State Department of Education directly responsible to the State Board of Education for the direction and supervision of junior colleges and trade schools and community colleges with a chief executive officer entitled Chancellor.
(Acts 1963, 2nd Ex. Sess., No. 94, p. 268, §1; Acts 1982, No. 82-486, p. 805, §1; Act 2012-497, p. 1460, §1.)