The following terms shall have the meanings respectively ascribed by this section unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) COMMISSIONER. The commissioner of insurance of this state.
(2) DENTAL SERVICE PLAN or PLAN. Any plan or other arrangement whereby dental services are provided in whole or in part through a dental service corporation by dentists participating in the plan to provide dental services to those members of the public who become subscribers to the plan under a contract with such corporation. The terms "dental service plan" or "plan" do not include an insurer authorized by the insurance department to transact insurance in this state or to a nonprofit health insurance plan organized pursuant to Section 10-4-100, or to any policy of insurance or contract which includes dental benefits issued by such insurer or nonprofit health insurance plan.
(3) DEPARTMENT. The Department of Insurance.
(4) LICENSE. The certificate of authority issued by the Department of Insurance to dental service plan corporations authorizing such corporations to issue contracts to subscribers or groups for dental services, pursuant to dental service plans as provided in this law, or the license issued to employees or representatives of such corporations authorizing such persons to carry on the business of such corporations as provided in this law, whichever is appropriate.
(5) SUBSCRIBER. A member of the public or group who has contracted with a dental service plan corporation for the provision of dental services.
(Acts 1982, No. 82-463, p. 741, §2.)